Chapter 10:

"You..." I. Am. Speechless. I stand up and walk - more like limp - to the cupboard that was once mine. I open the door slowly and there lie my clothes, which I once wore. The clothes are neatly stacked up in the groups of short sleeves, long sleeves, short pants etc. The clothes are all folded as I last left them. Ransom...kept my clothes? I honestly thought he would have tossed all my clothing out by now. I can still remember coming home from work and Ransom would have bought a new outfit for me. He said that he liked it when I wore the clothes that he picked out for me, and he didn't want me to go shopping for clothes. Little did I know back then that he wanted to control everything I did. Case in point, he preferred that I wore the clothes to his liking..

We broke up quite a while ago and I wanted to move out of his house immediately. I purposefully left these clothes behind because I did not like wearing clothing that costed more than my groceries I buy in 3 months! Admittedly I didn't mind wearing some of the clothing; however, I did not feel comfortable wearing the clothes.

"Are you going to pick an outfit, or are you going to just stare at the clothes?" Ransom asks in a monotone.

He is right behind me. If I take one step backward, I would be stepping on his foot. "And stop biting your nails." he scowls.

I realize that my one finger is on my teeth. I quickly place my hand at my side.

"I am going to take a shower. You can decide what you want to wear. Since ladies always seem to take forever to get ready." The last sentence sounded like he was being scornful. Asshole!

He slams the bathroom door shut and once I am alone, I pick up a pile of folded clothes to see what I can wear. The clothes surprisingly do not smell bad . I rummage through the clothes, and I pick up a dress I used to wear. It is a dusty blue evening dress with a tulle skirt and a v neckline ruffle. My eyes instantly start to water. This was the evening dress I wore when Ransom took me to our first date.

I remember that I didn't have enough money to purchase a decent looking dress. I had way too many bills to pay at the time, but when Ransom showed up at my doorstep with this dress...the tears fall down my face just thinking about what Ransom was like back then. He was kind and passionate about what I was interested in. He would show up at my work because he just wanted to see me, or he wanted to take me to lunch...I sigh and place the dress down. I pick up two other pieces of clothing: A long sleeve shirt and leggings which were made from merino wool. I loved this outfit. The clothing was soft and felt snug against my skin. I had a few more pairs of workout clothing I used to wear, but I didn't like the fact that it was not man-made.

I decide to change into the fitness apparel I once loved and look at the bottom shelf to see if there were shoes I could wear. To my delight, there were a few pairs of shoes.

I hear the water stop in the bathroom, so I quickly change into the fitness apparel I once loved. Ransom exits the bathroom with messy hair and a towel wrapped around his waist. Fuck! This man looks as sexy as...well as sexy as Ransom can be! If I wasn't so determined to leave this house...I'd drop to my knees and let him have his way with me. I hold onto the cupboard door to keep myself from falling, because my knees feel wobbly just by looking at this man.

"I am going to get dressed and then I will take you to my grandfather's place." Ransom says in a toneless voice.

He opens a cupboard door next to the one I am at, and takes out a new set of clothing.

"You need a bra." He says without looking at me.

"What?" I glare at him.

"I can see the outline of your breasts." he still doesn't meet my eyes.