The Three CEOs

By thaifunbros

Silas, Sawyer, and Sage Sanders: Three of the youngest billionaires in the world. And three of the most sough... More

Introduction
Characters/Cast
Playlist
pt1. Jobs for the Unemployed
pt2. Strippers are Dancing
pt3. Belts and Welts
pt4. Fixer Upper
pt6. Ignored with Tears
pt7. Taco Gang
pt8. Painful Touches
pt9. Piano Rage
pt10. Almost Fired
pt11. Running for Mochi
pt12. Kiss of Regret
pt13. Drunken Words
pt14. Princess Gowns
pt15. Highest Bidder
pt16. Kissing Tears
pt17. Cold Rejection
pt18. Absolutely Nothing
pt19. Small Caresses
pt20. As a Friend
pt21. Dog Turds
pt22. Eating Cookies
pt23. Perfect and Beautiful
pt24. Forgetting Device
pt25. I'm Done
pt26. I Need You
pt27. Storming Out
pt28. For Her
pt29. Manageable Aches
pt30. YA Fantasy
pt31. I'm Dreaming
pt32. Makeup Wipes
pt33. Notes
pt34. Three Words
pt35. 11-slide PowerPoint
pt36. Spaghetti from Scratch
pt37. Whipped Cream
pt38. Trial and Verdict
pt39. Little Baby Cadens
pt40. Love Unconditionally
pt41. The Finger Test
Epilogue

pt5. Job for the Pity

21.7K 624 25
By thaifunbros

"All deaths are sudden, no matter how gradual the dying may be." - Michael McDowell

+++

Caden's POV

His piercing blue eyes stare into my soul, making me squirm.

I hold his eye contact, trying my hardest not to expose how hard my chest is pounding under his unnerving gaze.

Finally, I break away from his eyes, feeling my orbs water after not blinking. That was scary.

I look back up only to see him still surveying me. Jesus, how long are you going to stare at me?

His eyes flicker for a moment before turning his attention to Izzie. "Thank you, Miss Turner." He nods his head to her and gives her a curt smile.

He then dips his mouth down to her level and whispers something to her ear that I can't make out.

I feel slightly awkward being here. I mean I accomplished what I came here to do. I shouldn't prolong my stay. Especially since I need to pack and move out by tomorrow.

After glancing toward Silas again, I turn on my heel and begin walking to the elevator. The office has quieted down since the article had been deleted, and I feel eyes following me, whispers going over my head.

"Who's she?"

"Is she the new PA?" Ugh, I wish.

When I finally arrive to the elevator I click for it to open.

A few minutes pass by and I feel a presence beside me. I turn around and see Sawyer next to me, waiting for the elevator.

My cheeks burn in embarrassment and I try not to think about what happened last night. I look away, turning my attention to the ground instead.

Wow, even the tiles look really fancy. They're marbled with black and grey strips across the pearl white background.

I wonder how much one tile of this floor would cost. Probably a LOT of money.

"Are you feeling okay?"

I turn to my side. "Um, yeah. Thank you for last night, I really appreciate it," I mumbled, still humiliated over the recent events.

"It's not a problem," he responds smoothly.

I nod, very nervous.

"How did you learn how to hack?" he questions, still not looking my direction. His eyes remain on the elevator door which is taking unusually long.

For some high-quality, 50 floor building, the elevators are pretty disappointing.

"Well, uh, me and my brother were in a computer program in high school," I answer.

"Well, you must have been really good if you were able to hack into someone else's account in less than five minutes," he says, still in a smooth tone. "My best computer technicians were unable to decrypt the encryptions imbedded in the website."

I smile slightly at his compliment. "Well, maybe you need better computer techs."

He chuckles. "Yeah, maybe we do."

Suddenly, he faces me and I take a step back, surprised at the sudden movement.

His lips curl into a smile before saying, "I'm not going to hurt you."

I let out an awkward laugh. "Yeah, sorry, I knew that."

"Why did you sign up for the PA position?" he inquires.

I'm puzzled at the question.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, you are obviously a talented computer technician, so why sign up as a PA?" he asked, looking me over.

I decided to wear an oversized light blue sweater overtop a white turtleneck paired with baggy jeans. I've sold most of my clothes to pay rent but the clothes that I did keep were the ones most special to me.

The sweater was gifted to me from my dad because he always thought the dresses my mom designed were far too revealing for his little girl.

I had gotten the baggy jeans from Goodwill for a seven bucks. It was in amazing condition for the price I paid, which I gratefully took advantage of. The turtleneck was something I found in a lost and found in a café and I was sneakily able to take it without raising any suspicions.

"Uh, I needed the money," I mumble feebly, refusing to look him in the eye. God, even just saying that out loud makes me want to crumble in the floor and die of embarrassment.

"And when you didn't get the job, you resorted to stripping," he states frankly. I turn around, feeling tears burn in my eyes.

Well, when you put it like that...

I walk away, not wanting to be judged by him any more than I'm already judging myself.

I walk toward where the stairs are located and begin my descent, not looking back at the man who is probably gazing at me with revulsion.

I mean, I shouldn't be surprised.

You are disgusting, Caden. Get over it.

I stop halfway, tired of walking down dozens of stairs. Jeez, maybe taking the stairs was not the smartest idea.

Suddenly, I hear footsteps echoing above me, startling me. If he's here to call me out again, I'd rather not hear it.

I run down the stairs, going down three at a time.

At one point, my foot slips and I take a tumble down the stairs, my back galloping down the concrete.

A jolt of pain erupts into my back and I groan in pain.

I move to my side, hoping the change in position will subside the pain. Yeah, it didn't.

I see a pair of shoes coming into my view, stopping right in front of my eyes.

A deep chuckle comes out of the figure's mouth and I wince. I probably look miserable right now.

"Are you okay," the voice I recognize as Sawyer says to me.

I try to hide my pained expression but from the look of worry coated over his eyes tells me that I'm failing.

He lowers his stance to me and picks me up with his muscled arms. I finally find my footing on the ground, but my knees buckle at the pain now flaming my back and I unknowingly lay my head onto his chest, my hands meeting his midriff.

"I'm sorry," I mumble, trying to pull myself together.

"Are you alright," he whispers.

I ignore the pain in my spine and push myself away from him, taking a step back.

"I'm fine."

He assesses me, as if seeing right through my words, and takes my wrist into his hand.

"You're a horrible liar."

I chuckle, looking away from him and continuing my descent down the stairs.

"I understand you are financially unstable," he calls out to me, right before I turn for the other flight of stairs.

Must you remind me of that?

"I have an offer for you," he continues, "you are a talented computer tech, but my brothers refuse to hire someone with your kind of record." I pause.

"However, to give our thanks for your taking down the article, we have come to a decision." I hold my breath. Jesus, will you get to the point already?

"Yes," I urge.

A small laugh escapes his lips. "We have agreed to hire you as our PA."

My mouth drops.

I start to take in a few breaths, relief washing over me.

But my inner demons begin to take control over my mind.

Come on, Caden, you don't actually think that he wants to hire you, do you? He just feels sorry for you because you're a broke stripper.

My mouth frowns and I look to the stairs. "Um, thank you, Mr. Sanders, but I'm sure there are other people more qualified for the job."

What are you doing, Caden??!!! Don't turn down this job!!!

Caden, you're an idiot if you really think he's actually offering you this job. He'll probably just use you until he has what he wants and dispose you like a piece of trash.

"Ms. Wilson, as far as the knowledge you have told me, you desperately need this job. I am not sure turning down my offer is the best decision." He looks me over with a puzzled yet intrigued expression.

"Uh- I." My stutters fill the empty silence.

"I don't want you to hire me because you've taken pity on me," I gulped, turning to the stairway.

All at once, my wrist is yanked from my side and I turn to see Sawyer in my face, his expression unreadable.

"Make no mistake, Ms. Wilson, we are far from taking pity on you. We believe you have the qualities that will make an excellent PA, despite you record. Now, you are more than able to decline our offer, but don't let your misconception of our intentions guide you to your decision."

I look at him again, taking in his words.

Take the job, Caden!!! Don't be an idiot!!

You want to humiliate yourself more, bring more pain into your life, be my guest. You've already done it enough, so why stop now?

I swallow the lump lodged in my throat.

"If you choose to accept the job, be here tomorrow by 6 am sharp." And with that, he releases his grip on my wrist and ascends up the stairs, the sounds of his footsteps echoing in my head.

+++

A/N: Hey guys, hope you enjoyed with chapter. I'm sorry that it's a little short. Chapters four and five are supposed to really give you a look into Caden's mindset: how she blames everything on her and constantly beats herself up. And I can assure you, there will be more scenes with Caden and Silas as he is her love interest (if you didn't already know) but I really liked the brother/sister relationship between Caden and Sawyer. (Also Sawyer is gay so there are no romantic feelings between them whatsoever). Also, I know jack shit about computers and hacking so some of the computer hacking scenes may be inaccurate. Please make sure to click on the star to vote and make sure to comment any feedback! I'd really appreciate it:)

Wordcount: 1672

- christina 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 30.7K 28
π˜‹π˜°π˜― 𝘒𝘯π˜₯ 𝘩π˜ͺ𝘴 𝘳𝘢𝘯𝘒𝘸𝘒𝘺 𝘨π˜ͺ𝘳𝘭. ==================== Angel- I ran away from him. I was done behind his whore. I was tired. So with help...
6.6K 257 7
πŽππ„ π’π‡πŽπ“ ➀ 𝐉𝐔𝐉𝐔𝐓𝐒𝐔 πŠπ€πˆπ’π„π Quelques one shot sur l'univers de Jujutsu Kaisen. Amusez-vous bien Γ  imaginer une autre vie oΓΉ vous...
1.2M 27.1K 24
Twenty year old Ivy Naughton isn't a little girl anymore, but no one knows that better than Matteo Rossi. Ivy is young, beautiful, confident and coul...
169K 4.9K 15
A new student, Wednesday Addams, gets sent to Nevermore Academy after getting suspended from her last high school for dropping piranhas in the school...