Another world, Celeste

De blueroom_19

She was hit by a meteor and died. Then, she was given a second chance to live her life with extraordinary abi... Mai multe

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter One, pt 2
Chapter One, pt 3
Chapter Two
Chapter Two, pt 2
Chapter Two, pt 3
Chapter Three
Chapter Three, pt 2
Chapter Three, pt 3
Chapter Four
Chapter Four, pt 2
Chapter Four, pt 3
Chapter Five
Chapter Five, pt 2
Chapter Five, pt 3
Chapter Six
Chapter Six, pt 2
Chapter Six, pt 3
Chapter Seven
Chapter Seven, pt 2
Chapter Seven, pt 3
Chapter Eight
Chapter Eight, pt 2
Chapter Eight, pt 3
Chapter Nine
Chapter Nine, pt 2
Chapter Nine, pt 3
Chapter Ten
Chapter Ten, pt 2
Chapter Ten, pt 3
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Eleven, pt 2
Chapter Eleven, pt 3
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Twelve, pt 2
Chapter Twelve, pt 3
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Thirteen, pt 2
Chapter Thirteen, pt 3
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fourteen, pt 2
Chapter Fourteen, pt 3
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Fifteen, pt 2
Chapter Fifteen, pt 3
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Sixteen, pt 2
Chapter Sixteen, pt 3
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Seventeen, pt 2
Chapter Seventeen, pt 3
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Eighteen, pt 2
Chapter Eighteen, pt 3
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Nineteen, pt 2
Chapter Nineteen, pt 3
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty, pt 2
Chapter Twenty, pt 3
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty One, pt 2
Chapter Twenty One, pt 3
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Two, pt 2
Chapter Twenty Two, pt 3
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Three, pt 2
Chapter Twenty Three, pt 3
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Four, pt 2
Chapter Twenty Four, pt 3
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Five, pt 2
Chapter Twenty Five, pt 3
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Six, pt 2
Chapter Twenty Six, pt 3
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Seven, pt 2
Chapter Twenty Seven, pt 3
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Eight, pt 2
Chapter Twenty Eight, pt 3
Chapter Twenty Nine, pt 2
Chapter Twenty Nine, pt 3
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty, pt 2
Chapter Thirty, pt 3
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty One, pt 2
Thirty One, pt 3
Thirty Two
Thirty Two, pt 2
Thirty Two, pt 3
Thirty Three
Thirty Three, pt 2
Thirty Three, pt 3
Thirty Four
Thirty Four, pt 2
Thirty Four, pt 3
Thirty Five
Thirty Five, pt 2
Thirty Five, pt 3
Thirty Six
Thirty Six, pt 2
Thirty Six, pt 3
Thirty Seven
Thirty Seven, pt 2
Chapter 37, pt 3
Chapter 38
Chapter 38, pt 2
Chapter 38, pt 3
Chapter 39
Chapter 39, pt 2
Chapter 39, pt 3
Chapter 40
Chapter 40, pt 2
Chapter 40, pt 3
Chapter 41
Chapter 41, pt 2
Chapter 41, pt 3

Chapter Twenty Nine

1K 72 3
De blueroom_19

Sanctuary - Desert zone

When I leave the village and arrive at the sanctuary, it is still raining. However, the desert zone is unaffected by the real-time grey weather as it is blazingly hot. The long-sleeved shirt I chose to wear now seems too much for an outing in the desert. Alright, time to change my look. Roll up the sleeves then gather the hem of my shirt and tie them together at the front. Doing so exposes my bare skin but it's better than feeling stuffy. Now to complete the look, I choose a bucket hat with a single rose embroidered in the centre amongst the hat selection available in my inventory. Archie stares at the bucket hat curiously.

"Archie, are you doing alright?"

Our youngest red panda is currently sheltering under Bane's shadow to get away from the desert heat. I was going to let Archie stay back at the basecamp by the desert gate where it's slightly cooler but our youngest doesn't want to be left alone. When I'm worrying about Archie's condition, the keeper surveying the surrounding dunes using the prototype binocular speaks up.

"Sand Bears spotted."

Chief throws a question concerning the prototype binocular. "Any problem with visibility?"

"As clear as my elven eyes."

I chuckle at the keeper's analogy. There is a considerable distance between us and the Sand Bears. All I can make out are blurry, moving blobs when I try squinting my eyes to see past the dunes. It is no exaggeration that the elves take pride in their enhanced senses.

Chief ask a second question, "What about the identification tag? Is it working correctly?"

The keeper continues to observe the activity of the Sand Bear through the prototype binocular responds.

"The status on the binocular identified Sand Bear-34, Sand Bear-36 and 37."

Another keeper whom I recognised to be the same laidback keeper when I first came to the desert zone with Amber is checking the map that also functions as a tracker for confirmation.

"Those are correct. The map shows there are two more Sand Bears nearby."

"The identification tag only perceives those three Sand Bears. Changing to wide view," the first keeper responds while steadily operating the binocular. 

"I'm seeing the lower half of a Sand Bear. The two missing Sand Bears must be digging in the sand hence the identification tag did not react."

Chief rub his beardless chin and says to me. "Can you corroborate that, Iris?"

There are only two working prototype binoculars; Chief lend his to the keeper and the second binocular is hanging around my neck. Following the keeper's direction, I look through the binocular and found the two digging Sand Bears but the dune is obstructing my view.

"I need height," I mutter.

I climb on Bane when he lowers his body and steadily stands on his back.

"Much better."

Zooming in, I could finally see the Sand Bears through the binocular and agrees with the first keeper statement.

"Yup, the identification tag is not showing."

When I try zooming in closer to the source of the identification tag on the Sand Bear, still no response.

"Alright. We know what needs to improve on," Chief notes.

Rewind to three days ago when Lord Sol and Chief presents the result of the presentation. Instead of giving a passing mark or a numerical grade, they will authorise the making of one magi device at a time and amongst the ones listed, the binocular is the easiest to start with, is what Lord Sol says but actually, Chief insisted on the binoculars first. Then, Chief drags me to the kiln to work on it immediately. After we successfully test the binocular by running around the forest, at some point Chief drops the idea about connecting the sanctuary's tracking mainframe to the binocular and with little persuasion to Lord Sol and Luna, the identification tag is added. Note that the identification tag will automatically appear for monsters and magical beasts that are registered in the sanctuary's system.

I first test it out on Archie and it says, 'Red Panda-12 [Special Trait]' and when I did the same to Bane, the identification tag doesn't appear since he doesn't belong to the sanctuary in the first place. Following that, Luna strongly recommends we do the prototype testing to determine the accuracy of the identification tag at the desert zone because the monster residents are harder to find and difficult to approach. She also mumbles the part about this being the easier way to check on the desert residents and avoiding getting repeatedly showered by sands all day.

"Let's move on to the next one. I won't be satisfied until all the monsters in this desert are correctly identified," Chief firmly states.

The laidback keeper checks the map with a tiring gaze. His reaction is understandable because we are still near the entrance of the desert zone.

"That will take us days, Chief. Not to mention the residents lurking underground," the laidback keeper attempts to persuade Chief.

"We will camp here. You have nocturnal monsters roaming in the desert, don't you? The binocular's heat sensor needs to be tested too. "

The laidback keeper half-hearted attempt at persuading Chief fails. With a defeated sigh, the laidback keeper closes the map and uses the communication magi device to notify the sanctuary's communication centre.

The responder from the communication centre swiftly responds, "Understood. We will set up the base camp and restock the daily supplies. Do you have any other request?"

The laidback keeper looks back at each of us and asking with his eyes as though repeating those same words to us are tiring for him.

The first keeper with the prototype binocular says, "Leader, request extra blankets for our guests."

Wait, leader? Who? The laidback keeper? Shaking my head, feeling doubtful.

The laidback keeper relay to the communication magi device by saying, "Blankets."

Simple and straight to the point.

The responder replies, sounding unfazed. "Extra blankets. Noted. Also, the director has already been informed of your situation and asked me to convey the message that she will come to inspect the earliest mid-afternoon tomorrow."

After settling the matter of our prolonged stay in the desert zone, the first keeper talks to the laidback keeper.

"Leader, shouldn't we report to the second team about the director's inspection?"

When there's no answer from the laidback keeper, he rephrases the request that made the laidback keeper flinch. "You'll get yelled at again if you don't keep them inform."

The laidback keeper surrenders and tells the first keeper to inform the second team.

"Come on, you lots. The sun won't wait for us."

Chief urges us to keep moving.

After getting off of Bane, Archie takes over the spot where I just stood. Walking up to the two keepers, I offer them the two popsicles that are in my hands.

"Please take one. I think you're going to need it."

"These are the ice on a stick I heard about from my brother," the first keeper speaks in delight.

I laugh and tell them that the ice on a stick is called a popsicle.

"Mmhmm," the laidback keeper mumbles incoherently with a popsicle in his mouth.

"Leader, at least please speak properly."

The first keeper thank me for the popsicles. Reaching for more popsicle in my storage, I offer one to Chief too.

"Sorry, Chief. I don't stock on fruit wine popsicles. Do you still want one?"

"I don't like tasting that cold, bland thing in my mouth," Chief refuses and instead open a cold flask to his dry mouth.

As we begin walking across the desert, I slowly savour the cold sweet taste in my mouth and glances at Archie riding on top of Bane and enjoying his paw-shaped popsicle.

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

2.7M 128K 49
when a rich spoiled bad boy Jeon Jung-hoon gets into an encounter with a Muslim girl and they become enemies so he bully her humiliates her and insul...
78.4K 2.2K 25
"𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐢'𝐯𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐧𝐨 𝐨𝐧𝐞'𝐬 𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠, 𝐚𝐧𝐝...
86.2K 2.6K 52
What kind was there before the fae we know today? A story where our Inner Circle finds a fairy not a fae. AzrielxOC 18+ First uploaded: 15/9 2023
173K 4.1K 93
As the Maid of Evil, Y/n sacrifices her life for her twin brother. As the Mist Hashira, Y/n sacrifices her life for humanity. But not anymore will Y...