TROUBLE | Sirius Black

By OliverPotterr

UNDER HEAVY EDITING THROUGH GOOGLE DOC, THE NEW CHAPTERS WILL BE LONGER AND BETTER WRITTEN ! look under the s... More

CASTING
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
XXXI
XXXII
XXXIII
XXXIV
XXXV
Epilogue
Deleted Ideas
NEW BOOK

XXVI

6K 164 52
By OliverPotterr

╭──── ✩ ────╮
BREAK-IN
╰──── ✩ ────╯

CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX

THE NEW SCHOOL YEAR had started, which meant Sirius and I were in a lot more danger than we had initially thought. If a student was to wander out here and find us, what would we do? We have no where else to go. Not to mention, we recently found out Peter was hiding in Hogwarts. Not only had the rat snuck in as someones pet, but he had the audacity to walk in the halls of that castle we had once all called home.

"We have to get him." Sirius stated, his tone dripping with revenge; it was evident that he wanted to kill Peter, and so did I, but this was not the way— not now.

"Sirius! We can't just waltz in there and kill the guy, what if we are spotted and they have dementors! What if we get caught!? I can't go back there! I can't!" I hissed, holding my head in my hands as the memories within Azkaban invaded my mind. The whippings, the starvation.. the feeling of total emptiness.. I couldn't go through that again, not now, not ever.

"We won't!" His voice was softer now, his hands placed on each of my shoulders. "We won't get caught, because we are animagi love, Illegal ones.. no one knows about us except Remus; and Merlin knows where he is.." he finished, pulling me to him and placing a kiss on my forehead. That reassurance, and that gesture all calmed my nerves.

He was right, no one knew, so how could we possibly get caught? So I nodded, showing my agreement, and within seconds I was being pulled down the stairs— the two of us transfiguring before we stepped out into the cold winter air.

Quickly, we made our way through the castle. Our intrusion beginning around dinner time so that there were less professors and students wandering the corridors. This plan was absolutely ridiculous.. I mean, how were we even supposed to find the bloody rat?

The dementors were oblivious to us, the students and professors all distracted by the hot meal in the great hall. This plan was perfect, but something felt off about it all, why was Peter here? What could he possibly have any business doing being someone's house pet?

A low bark came from beside me, pulling be from my thoughts. We had arrived, here we were standing directly in front of the fat lady portrait— shifting back.

"Let us in." Sirius demanded, earning a sour look from the uninterested portrait. That was, until, she recognized us and her eyes grew wide with fear. I had expected that, due to our situation.

"I will never allow a criminal such as yourself and in here, Sirius Black. Now leave!" The portrait spat back, "please, let us in we need-" I begged, reaching my hand point towards the painting; who just scoffed at my request.

"No."

Sirius groaned audibly before he transfigured into a tattered dog— and before I could protest, he sliced his claws along the canvas; leaving three long gashes.

"Sirius Black! Are you mad!" I scolded, but the pattering of footsteps cut my sentence off— someone was coming, and we needed to get out of here. So without a second glance, I shifted as well; before the two of us ran. Through various corridors; down stories of stairs; until we finally reached the exit— where the darkness and wind swarmed around us in a refreshing gust.

I chuckled, feeling the icy air prick at my exposed skin, but the events that just took place clouded my mind; and I turned to him with a scowl present on my face.

"You could've gotten us caught!" I hissed, pressing a finger against his chest and pushing him against the wall of the castle. It was pitch black out, to the point I could barely see his face in front of my own— the only way of knowing he was there was the feeling of his breath fanning against my noise..

"I just-"

"No, you could've gotten us caught Sirius," I repeated, bringing my face impossibly close to his— my eyes locking with those shimmering grey ones, "I meant it when I can't go back, it was hell, living hell.. without you, without your touch.. without your voice— without anything.. I know you went through the same thing, but you're being reckless Sirius! I can't go back! I can't, because if I do, I won't survive..." I finished, letting my head fall against his chest, and the silent sobs escape my throat.

My greatest fear was loosing him, and I've already gone through it once... I can't let it happen again, not when I just got him back.

His hand came to my back, rubbing calming circles, while the other slid beneath my chin— pulling my focus up to him.

"I know love, I know it was hard, and I'm sorry I almost put our freedom at jeopardy.. I can't go back either, because just like you.. I don't think I would survive as well." He whispered, pressing his soft lips against my own, our tears becoming a salty mixture within our mouth. Our despair merging together to bond our pain as one..

"you are mine, and I am yours.." I mumbled against his lips, feeling the smile that formed across his face.. that beautiful face I had fallen in love with so many years ago..

"I am yours and you're mine.." he stated, running his hand up my back, stoping at the nape of my neck; when he pulled my head towards him— deepening the already passionate kiss.

"I love you."

"And I love you.."

"We have to go again." He mumbled against my skin; his head laying on my chest as the two of us sat comfortably on the stiff mattress. I knew his statement was coming, eventually I knew we would have to go back in— we have to get Peter; we just have to..

"I know.." I whispered, while I combed my slender fingers through his now silky hair. It was long, and tattered— reminding me of the boy he used to be. The one who ran off to do pranks, and was always the light of the party.. and now here we were. Plotting the murder for one of our old friends— after we just escaped from an inescapable prison.

Before I knew it, we were back in the castle, running through various corridors after dark. It was about one am, so most of the professors were either sleeping, or about to be.

A low bark emitted from my right, shifting my attention to the black dog that was now standing over a piece of parchment— looking down at the lettering I noticed it was a list of all the passwords to the common room...how convenient.

Quickly, I took the paper into my mouth, before the two of us continued up the many stairs leading to the portrait of the fat lady.

After shifting out of my animagi form, I picked up the folded parchment, and looked over the many passwords written on it— until I came to the most recent, "Godric Gryffindor." I whispered, watching as the portrait swung open without hesitation.

We were in.

Taking a deep breath, I let my eyes wandering the familiar common room. The same wall paper; same fire— but new furniture and decorations.. all in all it sent nostalgia through me, as the memories of my evenings in here flooded my mind like a tital wave.

"I think he's up here." Sirius whispered, motioning towards the boys dormitories— the two of us climbed the many stairs leading up the the boys dorms, coming to a stop in front of a very familiar one.. the marauders dorm.

"It wouldnt hurt to just take one peek.." I mumbled, before pushing the slightly a jar, and instantly letting my eyes fall upon a familiar furry creature, Peter Pettigrew.

"Oh my merlin.. He's in there." I whispered, my eyes wide in shock. The audacity the boy had to not only hide out in Hogwarts, but to also be in the old dorm..

"You're lying.." Sirius stated, before pushing past me and quietly stepping into the dim room— while he wandered over to the rat, I let my eyes drift to one of the four beds; almost gasping at what I saw.

"James?.." I muttered, walking up to the side of the boys bed, seeing the familiar round glasses laying nicely on the side table— then it hit me, this wasn't James.. this boy with that dark brown hair and similar features was none other than Harry.. our Harry.

"What do you mean James- oh.." Sirius' face softened in understanding, while he too had almost mistaken the boy as our long lost friend. Although he looked almost exactly like James, he had some of Lily's features too..

While I was examining the boy, a loud scream echoed from my right and my attention shot over to the bed Sirius was hovering above— a knife held above his head as he attempted to get a stab at the rat cuddle up next to the red head. Without context, it did look like he was trying to kill the poor boy.

"Fuck." I muttered, quickly grabbing his hand and pulling him from the room— before the two of us quickly transfigured, and ran through the corridors— watching as a panic soon fell over the castle at our presence. The whispers from the portraits, the silence of the ghosts.. and the occasional light from a wand was enough to send fear through me— but when I realized no one truly knew that we were Animagi, I felt a wave of exhilaration push through me at the feeling of the wind whipping through my fur— and the stone floor beneath my paws. It was refreshing.. but then, just as we were running through the exit, my eyes locked on a familiar lanky figure. His coffee stained jumper hanging over his lean frame— the same one I had gotten him many Christmas' ago; the scars placed across his face, the ones I used to call his wicked battle scars.. and that light brown hair I used to ruffle each time I teased him..

Remus Lupin..

And just like Sirius, I no longer saw that young passionate boy from many years ago— he now had a limp in his walk; and a tiredness etched on his face.. He looked, well, empty.. like he had nothing left. I wanted nothing more than to pull my friend into a hug and tell him everything.. tell him about Peter.. about how he betrayed James and Lily..

But I couldn't, not yet, it wasn't time.

So before he could get a chance to look in my direction, Sirius and Iexited the castle, and quickly shifted back— before I took in a panicked gasp for air while turning wide-eyed to face Sirius. Emotions I didn't know existed flooded through me, was it sadness? Anger? Joy? All of them?.. I didn't know..

"He's here.." I mumbled through my ragged breathing, not letting my eyes peel from the grassy soil below my feet..

"Who is love?" Sirius questioned, placing his hands on my shoulders and pulling my gaze up to meet his— those usual stern features softening as he took in my panicked expression.

"Remus.." I mumbled, the quiver in my
lip present as I struggled to get the name out— a name of a boy who believe we really were murderers.. our best friend..

His calm expression soon faded into one of disbelief, a mix of emotions playing at his lips—  He looked worried; confused; and relieved all at once; if that was even possible. But somehow, I felt the exact same way..

"There's no way.. why would he be here?" He asked, shaking my shoulders lightly before letting go and mumbling a quiet apology.. "maybe he is helping Dumbledore?" I offered, not really believing the statement myself.. the truth was I had no idea why Moony was here.

"Oh my Merlin.. what if he's a teacher?" Sirius quipped, a smile taking over his worried expression— that could be a plausible answer, I mean Remus had always talked about how he had always wanted to teach when he was older— but he felt like he was obligated to stay away from professions like that due to his condition..

Maybe he had finally put that 'I will hurt people' bullshit behind him and has started to take risks.. I hope so..

Merlin.. I sure hope so..

AUTHORS NOTE

This is mostly a filler chapter, that's what most of these next few chapters will be until the special night— so stay tuned, and I hope you all enjoy!

Also, I love writing this story, it is one of my favorite things to do when I have time; and I absolutely love your comments, it makes my whole day to wake up and see how I can make you all laugh and smile at my work.

Finally, thank you all for 20k+ reads I'm so happy to share my story with you like, wtf how tf did that happen!? 💀💀 also don't forget to leave a vote, and follow me.

Tiktok: MarauderMilly

I post HP edits and snipits of chapters and stuff. I'm trying to get to 10k followers so I can get some money from the created fund and buy gas 💀

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.9K 420 28
Given a second chance at life, Sirius Black is sent into hiding by the Order yet again -- this time in the Muggle world to heal from the scars of his...
107K 3.2K 35
𝗰𝗹𝗮𝗿𝗲𝘁 - it's only a week into his sixth year and sirius black is already bored out of his mind; so when he catches one of his classmates li...
781 11 11
"This thing (this thing) called love (called love) It cries (like a baby), in a cradle all night It swings (woo), it jives (woo) Shakes all over like...
37.8K 933 23
!This was discontinued until I posted the rest of the pre-written chapters. Many are unedited so forgive me! 7th year (Y/N) Black. Sirius's Older si...