XXIX

╭──── ✩ ────╮
PETER
╰──── ✩ ────╯

CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE

"OUT OFF ALL THE possible names we have to choose from, all you can come up with is 'Sirius Jr.'!" I giggled, running my hands through his long raven hair while his head sat lightly in my lap.

We had been going over names for hours, Lyra being our final decision for a girl— while we still had not come up with one for a boy. There were so many amazing options, but for some reason I felt that I just couldn't choose.

"Yes, and I've also thought of mini Padfoot." He quipped, tackling time to the old couch and placing an abundance of sloppy kisses on my stomach— which had grown in size; leaving me with a noticeable baby bump.

I was about four months now, knowing my symptoms had started around one month before we actually found out about the baby— and I couldn't be happier knowing I was carrying a future baby marauder in my belly.

"No." I stated, faking seriousness but ultimately failing when I saw the cute puppy dog eyes he was sending me. I giggled, patting him lightly before he transfigured into a black shaggy dog. Making me shriek from the sudden change.

I groaned, "sometimes I forget I'm literally married to a mutt." I chuckled, eliciting a playful grown from the dog, as I pulled him up to cuddle— "but I like doggies so it's ok." I quipped childlike, as I snuggled with him.

Before I knew it, he shifted back and placed a sloppy kiss on my cheek— and then one on my stomach, "a kiss for each of my sweet girls." He playfully stated, before running off the the kitchen.

"Girls?" I questioned, raising an eyebrow at his abrupt remark about the babies gender. The truth was, neither of us were brave enough to go and see if it was actually a boy or a girl— given we were fugitives and all.

"Yeah, father's intuition.." he chuckled, preparing what smelt like dinner for the three of us. Every scent that lingered in this small shack made me nauseous— even if it may be the most delicious.

Plugging my nose, I entered the kitchen with a look of disgust on my face. What was I supposed to do about all these scents flying about?

Turning his attention away from the eggs on the stove, the ones we stole from a nearby shop— her turned his attention towards me. His gaze was sweet, loving; admiring every curve and crevice of my body.

These little moments had been happening for the past two months— his eyes would wander my body; stopping right on my stomach; before he walked over, kneeled down, and pressed a light kiss to it.