VIII

╭──── ✩ ────╮
MAKE-UP
╰──── ✩ ────╯

CHAPTER EIGHT

THE DAY BEFORE CHRISTMAS break is always the most hectic, with last minute exams, and gift shopping everyone is in a sour mood most of the time. But the boys? Oh boy were they agitated, not because of Christmas, but because of the incident and I was bloody tired of it.

So storming into the common room with a prominent scowl, where three boys sat around the fireplace, and one, Sirius, sat on the opposite side of the room— looking longingly at his friends.

I quickly placed myself in front of the three boys, sending them each a distasteful glare.

"What's got your knickers in a twist?" Peter asked, looking up from the book placed in his lap.

I sighed loudly, "what's got my knickers in a twist? Bloody hell! When are you three going to drop this facade. I know damn well you three aren't refusing to apologize to Sirius when I am the one that got hurt!" I hissed, causing Remus to wince at the memory of his attack.

"Sorry Moony." I mumbled, before carrying on.

"When are you three going to get over yourselves and fix this? Because he is our family, ours! And I'm not going to let you three ruin that over a mistake he made. Although it was a foolish," I glanced up at Sirius who had widened eyes, "it was still just a mistake." I breathed, all three boys looked up at me with looks of utter bewilderment.

"Fucking merlin." I muttered, storming up the stairs and stepping into the dim dormitory I shared with the girls.

All of them were clustered onto my bed, whispering about something, until I came in and they motioned for me to join.

I plopped myself down on Marlene's lap, letting the girl stroke her fingers through my silky hair as I joined in on the conversation.

"So what are you girls gossiping about?" I quipped, playing with my fingers in my lap.

"Well uh-" Marlene was stopped by Lily's hand flying over her mouth, causing the rest of her words to be muffled, "shut up I wanna say it!"

"So basically Marlene here has a crush on someone! And guess who it is?" Lily chimed, leaner her face closer to mine.

Not once had Marlene admitted she had a crush, so knowing that she did was a very high profile conversation.