My Hired Boyfriend (Completed)

By foreverpurple1000

Hazel Reed, a self proclaimed loser by choice, never thought for one second that she would ever hire a boyfri... More

My Hired Boyfriend
Copyright
1. Evil love child of Simon Cowell and Honey Boo Boo
2. Snowball Nipples and Victorian Women
3. Unicorn Crap and Upchucking the Car
4. Medusing and Hot Tomatoes
5. Serial killers and Wet Willies
6. Lady Desires and Horny Spiders
7. Road Tip Rule #1-Don't Piss Off the Driver
8. I am Beyonce, and I can read a map
9. Drunk Ladies With Twisted Panties and Pillow Lines
10. Toilet Plungings and Promises.
11. Rainfall Releases The Crazies
12. Soap
13. Flour Power and Guilt
14. Stephen McStud Muffin
15. Crappy Crayons
16.Humpty Dumpty and Rosemary
17. Strippers and Cotton Candy
18. Buckle Me In
19. You're Going To Kill Me (full)
20. Oh look, Ellen's in the crab hole.
21. Lyre
22. Hella Scary
23. "Why Is There Poop On Your Face?"
24. Why You No Shimmy Jimmy?
25. Hail the Queen
26.Hairless Like A Baboon's Butt
27. One Drink Too Many
28. Conviction
29. I Need You
30. Flowers and Ex Girlfriends
31. The Big Bad Wolf
32. Coda's POV teaser chapter
33. Bruised and Damaged But Alive
35. Again and Again
36. Frying an Egg
37. "Cordero Is Going to Make Me Lay a Golden Egg or Something"
38. Burnt Waffles
39. Crown Jewels and Splintered Doors
40. Katy Perry Fireworks and Ramen Noodles
41. Burger Kings is Magically Delicious
42.Steamy Windows (Part 1)
42. Steamy Windows (Part 2)
43. Confrontation Style
44. Stronger
45. Frozen
46. Made New
47. Promises
48. Tesore
49. Photograph (Coda's POV)
50. AUTHOR'S NOTE

34. Finality

15.7K 693 194
By foreverpurple1000

                                                                                       Chapter 34

            “I knew you were fake,” She snarls venomously the second the elevator doors dings open.

            Aunt Georgina is heaving angrily, her eyes narrowed on me.

            I blink, my mouth going dry.

            Evelyn looked so much like her, the second the door opened, I thought it was Evelyn herself, not her mother.

            I stand frozen, staring at her in shock from the amount of hatred she is directing towards me.

            I am half tempted to turn around and see if she is addressing me. Surely she couldn’t hate me that much—

            “You lying, sleazy like brat,” she rages, taking a step towards me.

            Coda turns until he is half in front of me, his shoulders tense. “I don’t know who are addressing but I can assure you, Hazel isn’t the brat you are talking about. You should check your daughter and yourself before calling others a sleazy brat.”

            Coda’s voice is cold and suddenly, it dawns on me that this is entire situation is ridiculous. There she is, standing like a heaving baboon after she interrupted my moment with Coda, and she has the right to be angry with me?

            “Don’t even get me started on you, boy. Where is your dignity? Your pride? Why on earth would you agree to a deal like that with someone like this?” She sniffs, most likely referring to me. Who was I kidding? She was addressing me.

            I place my hand on the crook of Coda’s elbow, stepping away slightly so I can my aunt fully and-

            I smile.

            My face is marred and bruised, my lip cut open slightly and the bruise near my left eye turning a ghastly yellow. Every breath hurts from my lungs and my ribs but as I stand there, I want to laugh.

            Aunt Georgina was an angry kitten compared to what I’ve gone through.

            “How dare you ruin Evelyn’s chances with Stephan, you are the reason he left—“ Aunt Georgina begins to rant.

            I ignore her, nudging Coda to follow me out of the elevator and past my crazy aunt.

            She falters slightly when I pass her but before I can fully leave, her hand grabs my shoulder.

            My body jerks slightly and pain rips through my upper body like wildfire and my breath catches in my throat.

            I feel Coda’s arm on my back, steadying me from her abrupt grab and suddenly, I am angry.

            I am so fed up.

            Years of my pent up rage come bubbling up. I spent years with my head ducked low as she and the rest of my family called me fat and ugly and useless. I wasted so many tears believing them, believing that I shouldn’t say anything back because they were my family, the people I had to respect.

            I had spent so many years letting them define my sense of self and now, after everything, I’ve had enough.

             Her hand is on my shoulder, squeezing me painfully and my throat is constricting but isn’t from tears anymore, it’s from anger.

            Her face is a beet red color, her lips curled in distaste, like she tasted her own homemade meatloaf.

            “Get your hand off of me,” I say calmly, trying to keep my voice from shaking from my anger and the pain flowing through my side.

            She blanches slightly, her ears turning red. “Excuse me?”

            “I said get your hand off of me,” I say, louder this time. She stands in shock and when she doesn’t move her hand, I reach up my other hand to rip her hand off my shoulder with so much force, she pulls the sleeve of my shirt down slightly.

            Her mouth drops at my aggressiveness and she splutters slightly. “I am your aunt, how dare you-“

            Coda’s arm holds me put, my legs shaking from my rage. “No. How dare you?” I ground out, looking her right in the eye.  I step forward and Coda let’s go of me. Aunt Georgina backs up, her eyes scanning the room frantically as if looking for help.

            She towered over me, this woman, and yet she looked terrified.

            “How dare you blame me for Stephan leaving Evelyn. You are messed up in the brain if you think for one second that Evelyn, your daughter, is better off with that disgusting excuse of a man who cheats and lies and uses his dirty money to get what he wants.  Evelyn and I may not like each other but even Evelyn deserves someone better than him,” I growl out. “In fact, she deserves a better mother than you.”

            The words leave my mouth and I can’t stop. I am so angry. Tears fills my eyes but I don’t let them spill. “You practically forced them together, making Evelyn believe that he was the best she could do just so you could get more money and a higher reputation—“

            Aunt Georgina snaps out of her stupor. “You are no better, hiring a man to become your boyfriend. How pathetic. I hope you feel better about yourself.”

            She is staring at me, half smug but I want to laugh. “You’re right. It was pathetic of me to hire a boyfriend but I did it because I believed you when you told me that I was ugly and would never get a boyfriend. I believed you when you told me that I wasn’t good enough. I believed you and I caved in and decided to take things into my own hands to make me feel better about myself. But here’s the things Aunt Georgina,” I say quietly, my lip trembling. “I didn’t feel more confident about myself. I trusted you, I believed you because you were aunt and you were supposed to love me-“ my voice cracks and Aunt Georgina looks horrified, like she wants to run away. I feel the brush of Coda’s hand resting reassuringly on the small of my back “But I do feel better about myself now. Compared to what I have gone through the past few days with Coda, you are nothing but an incessant whine that I can’t seem to get rid of because your words do nothing to me anymore. Think what you want to think about me but I am done cowering before you because if you were a real aunt, you wouldn’t have done all those things to me.”

            Not even waiting for her reply, I turn around and grab Coda’s hand, storming off towards the hospital exit the best I can.

            My heart is pounding and I struggling to even my breathing, black dots filling my vision. Man I needed to rest and take a break.

            As if reading my mind, Coda gently pulls me to the side when we are out of sight into a small alcove between the walls.

            My backs brushes the wall and Coda stands in front of me, the small space closing us in.

            His closeness is distracting but the pain in my side is worse.

            Coda ducks his head, his palm lightly resting on my waist. “How’s your rib? She spun you really hard.”

            I grimace I pain when I inhale and I swallow hard. “It’s good. Nothing that I can’t handle.”

            Coda is looking at the ground, a small smile on his face from my words.

            “I’m sorry if I seemed to disregard you, I don’t think that hiring you was a mistake, I was just so angry with her—“

            Coda looks up, his eyes bright when he laughs. “What you did back there was amazing. Don’t apologize.”

            I bite my lip to keep from grinning smugly. “She did look pretty shocked,” I admit sheepishly.

            Coda laughs and the sound is so familiar by now that I want to continue to hear it.

            I rest my hands on his chest and exhale. “Well that is one down. I only have like ten people left that I need to give a piece of my mind.”

            “My little fireball,” Coda murmurs distractedly, playing with the ends of my hair. “Now they will finally realize just how hard it is to put up with you,” he teases. I laugh and he continues. “But now that I think about it, I am going to be replaced because now I’m not going to be the only one that you release your true fury on.”

            I grin. “Don’t worry, you’re still my favorite.”

            He looks up at me and his grin matches mine but somehow the smile doesn’t reach his eyes. It is somewhat a miracle that we are still able to grin and be happy the way we are after everything we’ve been through but now that I think about it, both of us were alive and together.

            That was something to be happy about, right?

            His palms rest on my cheeks, his eyes gentle. He looks at me with an emotion that makes my stomach flutter and my hands go clammy.

            It’s a feeling that I want to hold onto—even when Coda finally makes us leave the small alcove to go meet up with my family.

            Everyone is so silent it is surreal.

            Nobody but my parents and Jeremy knew the reason behind the car accident but everyone else seemed to sense the direness of the situation because for once, my family is speechless.

            When we pull up to the beach house, Jeremy is quick to shut off the engine, helping me out of the car before Coda can.

            I spot the tail end of an unfamiliar car behind the house but I don’t have time to question it.

            The silence is slightly eerie and I keep glancing at Jeremy, wondering what is going on. He doesn’t look at me.

            My stomach is in knots.

            Something wasn’t right.

            The usual pack of car surround the house were gone and when I ask Jeremy, he mutters a response close to ‘everybody left. The weddings off.’

            I swallow the lump of tears in my throat and his cold response and shoulder on, stepping up the porch steps.

            The sky is a thundering grey and I wonder where the sun went. A cold gust of air hits me swiftly before it starts to sprinkle.

            By the time I make it to the door, it is starting to rain.

            Coda is close behind me as I swing the door open, stepping into the empty home.

            There are voices in the kitchen and I stumble slightly when I run into two large suitcases.

            They looked familiar—like they were—

            Coda steadies me so I don’t fall, a certain hardness and grim sadness on his face.

            “Do you know what is going on?” I whisper to Coda, watching Jeremy walk in front of us to go into the kitchen.

            I glance down slightly to see the edge of a paper tab hanging off of the handle of the suitcase.

            Coda, the tag reads.

            I go ridged, my mind spinning.

            When I look up to look for Coda to ask him why his suitcases were down by the foot of the stairs, I stop when I see him inching towards the kitchen.

            A male’s voice is low and clear in the kitchen, someone unfamiliar and all I want to do is run away.

            Something wasn’t right and I didn’t want to stick around to figure out what it was.

            Coda has other plans though, a frown on his face as he stares at the wall in concentration.

            “Let’s go inside,” he tells me quietly.

            I find myself shaking my head, crossing my arms around my body.

            I didn’t like the resigned look in his eyes.

            Coda holds his hand out to me, his shoulders tense.

            “Hazel?” I hear my dad call for me in the kitchen.

            “Coda, I don’t like this. Let’s go—“

            “Hazel Reed and Coda Williams?” I hear the unfamiliar voice say by the kitchen doorway.

            My head snaps up to look at the man towering by the doorway, his police badge glinting from the sparse kitchen light. His uniform is pristine and his face handsome for his age, but grim and professional.

            “I need to ask you guys a few questions,” he rumbles.

            I glance at Coda in bewilderment but he is looking at the police officer, not even the slightest bit surprised.

            “I’m sorry sir but we just got back from the hospital. If it is concerning the accident, would it be possible to talk about it later?” I ask quietly.

            The police officer gives me a small smile of sympathy, rubbing the back of his neck.

            “Actually, it is Mr. Williams that I would like to specifically speak with. If you would like to rest, please do so,” the police officer says.

            My heart sinks to my stomach and I stare accusingly at Jeremy who glowers at Coda with his arms crossed.

            No.

            Coda nods in understand, following the police officer, my father and Jeremy back into the kitchen.

            I stumble forward, grabbing on his good arm.

            “Get some rest,” he murmurs to me, distracted in his thoughts.

            I shake my head, swallowing the lump in my throat. My mind is spinning. “Just tell them it was freak gang attack,” I begin to mutter, rambling and trying to come up with an excuse.

            “Hazel—“ Coda tries to interrupt me, his voice gentle.

            “They can’t take you away—“ I say.

            “Hazel,’ Coda says firmly. “Everything is going to be okay.”

            He reassures me like he always does, carefully walking with me into the kitchen where we take the two seats facing everyone.

            Sitting by the counter, my mom and Gwen watch Coda and I enter, both of them looking deep in thought. When my mom sees me though, she smiles softly, a sad look in her eyes.

            The police officer clears his throat, sliding a folder across the table and opening it in front of us.

            He pulls out the photos and I look away, the image of crumpled bodies on the floor and the car wreck bringing an onset of memories that I can’t handle.

            Coda grabs my hand under the table and I realize that I am shaking.

            “We are currently investigating the incident that occurred a few days ago and we need to ask you a few questions,” the officer says. His badge reads the name lee.

            Coda clenches his jaw but other than that, he nods courteously.

            “You were driving down that road and the car just came out of no where to hit you, Is that correct Mr. Williams?” Officer Lee asks professionally, his voice void of emotion.

            “Yes sir,” Coda says smoothly.

            Jeremy’s eyes narrow and I catch his eye, matching his glare with my own, a clear warning in my eyes. Keep your mouth shut.

            Jeremy looks away and I can’t stop feeling angry, somehow feeling betrayed that they had allowed the police officer into our house to interrogate Coda.

            “You then got out of the car and they proceeded to harass you and Miss Reed for money, correct Mr. Williams?” Officer Lee continues, flipping through a few pages of the file.

            I swallow hard.

            “Correct,” Coda says.

            Officer lee looks up and studies Coda.

            Coda is still and passive, his face betraying no emotion.

            “After you refused to hand over the money, they then…” Mr. Lee stops, clearing his throat. “They then proceeded to attack both you and miss Reed.”

            Fury flashes through Coda’s eyes at the memory and I can tell it takes everything in his will power to only force out a terse ‘correct’.

            Mr. Lee nods, his gaze fixed on the photos for a long drawn out moment and I am holding my breath.

            “You are aware of your…robust criminal record Mr. Williams, are you not?” Officer Lee continues. I wonder how a he can ask such a question without sounding accusing.

            “I am sir,” Coda replies, his eyes flickering to mine briefly. His thumb rubs circles on the back of my hand and I can almost hear him in my mind. breathe.

            “Do you believe that this incident has nothing to do with your past?” Mr. lee continues to question.

            Coda is silent for a long time and my heart begins to race. Unconsciously tightening my grip on Coda’s hand, I pray that everything will be okay.

            “Yes sir. To the best of my knowledge, I believe it has nothing to do with my past,” Coda lies.

            His eyes are stony and emotionless but I can tell from the slight way his shoulders drop that he isn’t feeling too great about lying.

            Mr. Lee studies Coda for a long moment, searching his face for a bluff but after another long moment, Mr. Lee nods.

            He shuts the photos back into the folder, puling his coat off the back of the chair.

            My ribs are hurting so bad and I’m sure my rapid breaths are doing nothing to help.

            “Well that’s all I have for now. If there are any problems or updates please give me a call,” Officer Lee says, pulling his jacket on as he walks to the door. “I wish you the best Mr. Williams.” Officer Lee then looks at me and offers a small smile. “Take care miss Reed.”

            “T-Thank you,” I say quietly, trying to smile.

            We all watch as he leaves the house, the sound of the door closing setting a tone of finality as Coda stares at the table.

            The silence is engulphing me and I swallow hard when Coda releases my hand, his head bent.

            “Get out.”

            I am too scared to look up but I force myself to, my lips parting as I exhale.

            I glance between Jeremy and Coda, my heart stuttering.

            “You’re suitcases are below, grab your stuff and leave. If you come near Hazel, I will call the police on you—“ Jeremy begins monotonously and emotionless.

            “Jeremy,” I cut in, my voice foreign as I look pleading at him. He ignores me, staring at Coda.

            I turn to look at my dad who doesn’t look at me either and I can’t do it—I can’t breathe—

            “Coda,” I say, grabbing his hand. He is so still. “ Don’t go. Can we please just talk about this?”

            “We won’t tell the cops your lie but you have to leave. We want nothing to do with you—“ Jeremy continues to tell Coda, ignoring me.

            “What are you saying?!” I demand, losing it. My voice is raw and the pain that fills my side is gladly welcomed, anything from the pain I feel in the center of my chest.

            “You are leaving within the hour,” Jeremy finishes, his eyes hard and fixated on Coda.

            Coda just stares at the table and I want to shake him, slap him—anything to get him to wake up, to fight this predicament.

            “No. You can’t just kick him out, where will he go?” I demand.

            “He’ll figure it out. He did before,” Jeremy comments calmly, turning to look at me.

            He looks so diplomatic and calm and I want to hit something. How can he look so at peace when I am being torn apart, when everything seems to be caving in.

            “You think it’s that simple? He just leaves?” I ask. “ I think you are forgetting that I am just as responsible. I hired him.”

            Anger flashes through Jeremy’s eyes. “Yes and look where this has gotten you!” he yells gesturing at me. “You nearly died because of this thug. He leaves Hazel or so help me I will get rid of him,” Jeremy threatens. “You are risking your life trying to save a boy who doesn’t even care about you, a boy who would sacrifice your safety for his own benefit—“

            “Don’t,” Coda says, his voice still and firm, a clear warning that Jeremy doesn’t heed when he continues to talk.

            “He is probably working with them to harm our family, he is using you Hazel,” Jeremy yells, standing up now.

            I stand up too, my chest heaving. I can’t take it.

            “Stop it Jeremy,” I say.

            “You are too nieve to see him for what he is but he doesn’t care about you, he would think about his own safety before yours—“

            “I love her,” Coda roars, slamming his good hand into the wooden table.  His chair topples back and I inhale sharply. “I love her with her fiber of my being, with every thought that passes through my mind. Do not try to convince her otherwise because I deserve your punishment but I will not put up with you hurting her so she hates me.”

            All of us are standing now and Coda is heaving, all of us staring at him.

            I register his words in my mind but I can’t speak. I just stare at him, dumbfounded.

            He was kidding.

            He stares Jeremy down but even Jeremy looks slightly rattled by Coda’s declaration before he quickly regains his composure.

            “Get out,” Jeremy says quietly.

            Coda is breathing heavily, his eyes trained on Jeremy for a long moment before he exhales loudly and spins around.

            “What are you doing Jeremy?” I ask brokenly, gesturing around me. “is this what you wanted?”
            “I want you safe,” he answers.

            My dad has his head resting on his hand and I know that I won’t get anywhere talking to either of them right now so instead, I turn around and run up the stairs to where Coda is.

            “Coda,” I say, catching him as he is leaving the bedroom, a bundle of his stuff in his arms.

            I snag him around the arm and pull him into the room roughly.

            Slamming the door shut, I place my back over it, blocking the entrance.

            “Let me go Hazel,” Coda says patiently, staring at the door behind me with an intense glare.

            I shake my head, swallowing hard. “No.”

            He clenches his jaw and I place my hand on his face, coaxing him to look at me.

            He resists at first but he finally caves, turning to look at me, his eyes softening.

            “Please don’t go,” I whisper.

            His eyes roam my face and a tortured look passes his face before he shakes his head. “ I have to go. I need time to figure this out. Maybe if we give each other space, they will leave you alone long enough for me to figure something out—“

            “Do you hear yourself right now?” I ask, panicking. “What are you saying?”

            He inhales deeply, dropping his stuff onto the ground to place his hand on my face, stroking my cheek.

            “I’m saying that I am going to do what Jeremy wants,” he whispers, staring into my eyes and willing me to trust him.

            His hand is warm on my cheek and I realize that I am crying when he wipes a tear away. Coda sighs, leaning his forehead against mine.

            “Trust me Il Mio Cuore. I will come back—“

            “You’re trying to run again aren’t you?” I accuse, suddenly feeling angry. “ You can’t just run from problems Coda.”

            Instead of being angry though, Coda shakes his head, brushing his thumb over my lips. “I’m not running. I’m just trying to do what’s best for you.”

            “Bull,” I grind out.

            He sighs. “I’m not going to fight with you now.”

            We stare each other down, his resolve strong.

            He had already decided.

            A sob leaves my lips at that realization. “If you leave, I won’t forgive you. Please don’t leave.”

            “I’m sorry Hazel—“Coda murmurs when Jeremy interrupts.

            “You have five minutes to get out of this house,” Jeremy is yelling, slamming his fists into the door.

            Coda ignores him, giving me a gently smile. “You are my heart—“

            “Coda!” Jeremy warns.

            “Home is where you are,” Coda tells me, whispering what he told me months ago.

            “Coda,” I say again. “Please don’t go.”            

        He closes his eyes for a brief moment, and I know that he is fighting my words. When he pulls away, his eyes are red and he looks away, quickly swiping the back of his hand across his eyes before bending down to pick up his bags.

            Coda grits his teeth together and composes himself, pausing when he places his hand on the doorknob. Retracting his hand, Coda turns to me, cuping my face in his hand before pressing a kiss on my forehead. “I love you,” he murmurs.

            And then he is gently pushing me to the side and opening the door before picking up his belongings.

            My ears are ringing and I’m not sure if Jeremy yells something. Coda closes the door behind him and when I sink to the floor, I can feel the fall of his feet on the floor slowly disappear until I hear the door slam shut.

            I love you

            My head is spinning and I can’t think, I can’t move.

            He isn’t gone. He can’t be I keep repeating to myself as I lay my head onto the carpet and wrap my arms around my legs.

~*~

A/N- Before you shoot me, THIS STORY IS NOT OVER. I have been soo busy with college applicaitons and high school stuff so please be patient with my updating schedule. I know your hearts hurt now but please have faith in me, I will make things all better...somehow :) Please comment and vote! 

-Love, Sabrina

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.8K 749 40
[COMPLETED] [EDITED] He smirked and got even closer to my face, "you see, this report is technically under my..." He tilted his head slightly to whi...
109K 3.8K 40
⚠️Adult content!⚠️ *SMUT IS INCLUDED IN MOST OF THE CHAPTERS SO READ IT IF YOU ARE INTERESTED* William Rostov We were destined to marry when we were...
246K 1.9K 29
It all started in Club IDR. Malia Dime (MC), who's already skunk-drunk, gets another. But that one drink caused her to make an unheeding mistake. Hav...
2.3M 82.8K 52
(BOOK 3 OF MAFIA LOVE SERIES) COMPLETED READ MIA REGINA AND ESCORT ME BABY BEFORE YOU READ THIS. This book CANNOT be read as a standalone. * The rea...