The 9 Millimeter Kiss

By dalisjinx

Recovery Girl had finally managed to find a successor. A boy by the name Yuki Satori. Yuki has gone through p... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Character Info.
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25*
Chapter 26*
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Character Info. pt.2
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
A/N

Chapter 42

9.3K 458 93
By dalisjinx

Yuki woke up at the sound of his alarm. He buried his head deeper under the covers and pillows, but it wasn't enough. Why? Because this alarm started off with soft and spaced out beeps which grew into the wild and loud ones. Which was where it was at.

"I'm up! I'm up!" Yuki grumped, tossing a pillow to his desk where the alarm was.

After getting ready he made sure to change into his uniform. It was still too early to head to school, which was now only a five minute walk, but he had to talk with Recovery Girl.

"Good Morning! Yuki-kun!" Iida shouted.

Yuki only held up his hand and nodded.

He wasn't used to having people around so soon after waking up. Even during the few days at the training camp he usually worked up a bit after they were all heading out or before.

"Are you going to eat breakfast, Yuki-kun?" Uraraka asked.

He looked down at her breakfast tray. Eggs, bacon, sausage, bread lettuce, tomatoes, yogurt and milk.

"No, I'll just have some tea and an apple"

"Is that all you're going to eat?" She asked worriedly.

"I'm not really a huge breakfast person." Yuki explained.

Yuki prepared his small breakfast and was ready to head out even before Iida.

"Are you headed to class Yuki-kun?" Iida asked.

"No. I'm going to my house" Yuki replied, tying his shoes.

"Shall we walk together then?" Iida continued, having learned to ignore or not take his remarks as seriously.

"I'll be stopping by Recovery Girl's office." Yuki told him.

"Alright then."

"Yuki-kun, I want to apolog--"

"Don't." Yuki cut off.

"Please let m--"

"No. I don't want an apology for your actions. You knew damn well what you dinguses were doing. All you can do for me now is reflect on your actions and learn to not do it again."

Iida looked over at his friend. Yuki's well being seemed to have gotten better after their encounter at the hospital.

"Iida." Yuki halted his steps.

"Is something wrong?" he asked.

Yuki squinted at his friend. Staring at the boy in deep thought.

"Y-Yuki-kun...?"

"How tall are you?" Yuki tilted his head to the side, a few loose strands falling loose.

"I believe 178cm last time I checked. Why?" It was Iida's turn to frown as Yuki's eyes widened at an epiphany.

"Holy shit--"

"Language!"

Jolting towards the school ahead of Iida, Yuki sprinted to Recovery Girl's office.

Yuki arrived, rudely slamming the door open.

"Yuki-kun! You've startled me!" his sensei shouted as she threw him a stress ball.

Yuki caught it and began to squeeze the non-living out of it. "Chiyo-sensei, I need to do my physical!"

"Huh?!"

"My, Yuki!"

Yuki sat on one of the beds prepared to hear the results.

"You've sure grown quite a lot young man." She chuckled as she compared his file from the beginning of the school year.

"Is it that much?" Yuki asked, chewing his bottom lip in anticipation.

"In my opinion it is. But you're a teenager so a growth spurt is expected." she smiled up at him.

"At the beginning of the year your height was 178 cm (5'8.) You've grown approximately 3.2cm. You're now at 181."

"Oh my goodness," Yuki covered his face. "I'm taller than Iida...."

Recovery Girl only laughed at his reaction.

"As for your weight--"

"I couldn't have gained that much right?" Yuki asked.

"Well," she gave him a pointed look. "You weren't exactly eating properly while you were out of school."

Yuki grimaced. It was true.

"You were so lanky and underweight." she exaggerated. Or at least he hoped she was.

"You've gained a reasonably good amount too. You're now 66.2 kg (146 lbs.)"

Yuki frowned. "Isn't that too much for a short time?"

"You were on the borderline of being underweight, young man! Besides gaining 7kg isn't too bad. You've trained hard and I'm sure the majority of the weight is thanks to Aizawa. Here." She held out his school file and pointed at his entrance picture.

"Here you look, pale. You say you tried to eat healthy things but your body needed more than just that. Now five months later, here you sit with some good color to your face. You've been eating more during your time at U.A. and training harder with Aizawa no doubt. Put all those together and sure enough it's bound to cause you to grow into those clothes that seemed a bit too big in my opinion."

"Chiyo-sensei!"

"What?"

"I believe I mentioned this yesterday, but for now, Class 1-A of the hero course will be focusing on getting their provisional licenses."

"Yes, sir!"

"A hero license beats with it the great responsibility of human life. Of course, the exam to receive one is very difficult. Even the provisional license had only a 50% passing rate each year."

For U.A. or overall?

"The provisional license is that hard?"

"That's why today, we will have each of you come up with at least two ultimate moves."

In walked Midnight, Cementos, and Ectoplasm.

"Ultimate moves?!"

"It's like a real school thing and yet--"

"It's like a supernormal hero thing!"

"'Ultimate'! This means that this move will give you a sure win!" Ectoplasm began.

"A move so ingrained into your body that others cannot copy it." Cemetos added.

"Battle means seeing how much you can force what you're good at on your opponent."

"You're moves will represent you. These days, pro heroes without ultimate moves are an endangered species." Midnight reminded them.

"We will tell you more as we go along. We want to proceed logically. Change into your costumes and meet in Gym Gamma.

Yuki hadn't put on his costume in a long time. He was beginning seeing the things that would become a hindrance on his movements. Plus he now had the captured weapon Aizawa trained him to the bone along with a retractable steel staff Aizawa had asked to be made for him. Not that he's tested it out but it was just travel sized.

"Gym Gamma, also known as the 'Training Dining Land,' or TDL." Aizawa introduced them.

"I came up with the idea for these facilities." Cemontos commented, "Terrain and other things can be prepared specifically for each student. That's what the 'dining' part refers to."

"I see..."

"Please allow me to ask a question!" Yuki was nearly hit by Iida's arm swinging upward.

"Why must we have the ultimate move for our provisional licensing exam? Please tell me your reasoning!"

"I'll tell you everything in order. Calm down." Aizawa replied.

"The job of a hero is to save people from danger, like crimes, accidents, natural disasters, and man-made disasters. The exam to become one naturally looks at how well you are able to do that. Your ability to gather information, make decisions, move, and fight, in addition to your ability to communicate, draw people to you, and lead. Every year, a different test is used to look at how well you are able to do those things."

"Of those, your ability to fight is especially important to your futures as heroes. If you're prepared, you won't have to worry." Midnight piped in.

"Whether or not you have an ultimate move will greatly affect whether or not you pass."

Well shit.

"Not being influenced by circumstances and being able to act consistently will make you a great asset on the front lines." Cementos smiled.

"Your ultimate moves do now necessarily need to be of the attacking type. For example, Iida's Reciproburst. The temporary burst of speed is enough of a threat to be worth calling an ultimate move."

"So that's good enough to be called an ultimate move?" Iida asked proudly.

"What did you expect?" Yuki scratched his cheek. "So we just need something that can get us a win no matter the situation."

"Exactly." Midnight smiled.

"The training camp was cancelled, but the training you did to develop your quirks was part of the process to create your ultimate moves. In other words, until the beginning of the next semester, for the ten days or so until the end of summer vacation, you'll be working out your ultimate moves as you develop your quirks."

Cementos then brought up pillars on varying sizes with a copy of ectoplasm on each one.

"In addition, you should think about how you can improve your costumes to work better with your developing quirks. Get through this with a 'Plus Ultra' mentality. Are you ready?"

"Yes, sir!"

"Satori, I heard Aizawa began training you towards the end of the last semester." Ectoplasm told him.

"Yeah..." Yuki got rid of the ungodly cape his past self thought it was a good idea.

"Will you be using the capture weapon?" he asked.

Yuki nodded. Before taking out his other weapon. "Aizawa had this made for me but i'm not quite sure what it is besides a pole." Yuki told him.

"Let's try capturing me first. We can go from there." Ectoplasm advised.

"Yes, sir."

Snapping the carbon metal staff into its full length, a satisfying whoosh and click came with it.

Making sure his hair was properly tied up, ignoring the few loose strands he took a stance. Right arm behind him, his grip on the pole loose, left hand on the scarf, grip tightening.

He eyed Ectoplasm and lunged towards his mathematics teacher.

"You have good reactions and have extremely good precision. Building up your physical body, you will be able to do more damage."

Aizawa's voice echoed from all those times during his morning training.

"Use your mobility."

Keeping his body low, Yuki whipped the staff towards Ectoplasm who dodged.

Without hesitance he flicked his left wrist and up went the scarf following his teacher.

"Good." He commented on the landing. "Keep attacking by all angles until you find the one that works before for you."

"Yes, sir!"

It was the end of the day and Yuki had finally managed to find an angle he thought was perfect.

I just can't get the scarf under control all the way...

"I need to adjust this costume and sort it out." Yuki sighed. He clicked on a small part of the pole which automatically compacted itself to the size of his hand.

"Are you going to, Yuki-kun?" Iida asked, removing his helmet.

"Huh?"

"I'm going to get adjustments."

"Oh. Yeah."

"Are you going to, Uraraka?" Yuki asked, noticing her.

"Yeah!"

"What are you going to ask for?" Iida turned to Uraraka.

"I want more mobility so I can use the martial arts I learned at my internships even more!" She smiled.

"Yuki?"

"I want some flexible armor. It needs to be light too. And have pockets." Yuki listed. "What about you Iida?"

"I want to reduce the demerits of my Recipro. I'm planning on asking the development studio to improve my radiator."

"With the amount of exhaust coming from your calves it's a good thing to ask for." Yuki nodded.

"Maybe I should just re-do my entire costume." Yuki sighed.

"What do you carry in those pockets?" Uraraka asked, gesturing to the vest he was wearing.

"First aid stuff. It's a bit heavy so I'm gonna try to see if they can get another type of material that's lighter but still durable."

"Just how heav--"

"Oh, it's Deku!"

"Dumbass?" Yuki asked, latching his hands onto his vest.

"I was just wondering where he was!" Uraraka exclaimed, running ahead to their friend.

"Don't run in the hallway!" Iida shouted.

"Relax class rep. There isn't anyone around." Yuki whined, bumping his shoulder playfully to him.

"Are you here for improvements too?" "Oh, Uraraka--"

The steel door rattled. Bursting out from the explosion within.

The three stood there as Midoriya was blown away. Two shocked. One mildly surprised.

"Owww-- You know, you really shouldn't just put everything you think of together!" A person Yuki recognized to be a teacher said.

A chuckle emerged from somewhere in the cloud of smoke.

"Failure is the mother of invention, Power Loader-sensei, as Thomas Edison once said. Even if what I made doesn't work the way I planned that doesn't mean it was a waste of tim--"

"This isn't the time for that! Will you listen to me for once, Hatsume?!"

"So that's Hatsume-san?" Yuki mumbled. Of course he's heard the name before.

The smoke was clearing up and Yuki noticed Uraraka tense up.

She's the one who used Iida as an advertisement sign/test subject.

Yuki glaced at Uraraka. The pink haired student was on top of Midoriya...

"Oh? When did you get here?"

"B-B-B-B--"

"Satori Yuki! Nice to meet ya!" Yuki cheerfully walked over, carefully pulling Hatsume up.

"I've heard so much about these 'Babies' of yours!"

Her scope like eyes widened "You Have?!"

"Yeah! They've sent many to the nurses office!" Yuki replied equally excited.

"Sorry about the sudden explosion! It's been a while, huh? Hero course students, Satori and... umm... I've forgotten all of your names."

Yuki took a look around the room as his friends re-introduced themselves to her.

"--the man you used as an advertising tower during the sports festival tournament!"

"I see!" she bluntly replied. "Well, I'm busy developing my babies, so--"

"Um, wait, I wanted to ask Mr. Power Loader about improving my costume..." Midoriya bravely stepped forward.

Hatsume whipped her head around. Startling Yuki at how it didn't just snap off.

"Improving your costume?"

They were led into another room much more organized than the first.

"It's like a secret hide out!"

"Wow this looks like a quality tool~" Uraraka beamed as she grabbed onto a electric screwdriver. Giving it a test.

"Let's not touch that..." Yuki gently removed it from her grasp.

"Now, Show me the instructions for your costume. It's in the case with your costume, right?"

Yuki reached into one of his pockets and pulled out the said neatly folded instructions.

"I have a license to make costumes, so I'll tinker with what I can use. For small changes and repairs, I can just report what I changed to the design company, and they'll do the paperwork for it, but for major changes, we'll have to fill out an application and ask the design company to do it." Power Loader explained.

"Then can I get an application?" Yuki sighed. Of course there would be paperwork...

"I thought you were just going to change the vest?" Uraraka asked.

Yuki solemnly nodded, "That's the main reason, but I'm thinking of upgrading a bit more than that." "Eh~"

"Here you go." An application was handed to him.

"Why is this a stack." Yuki glared down at the application.

"The government has to check the new costume and make sure it meets all regulations necessary."

Yuki flipped to a random page. "Just how many regulations are there... how long does it usually take for them to finish the costume?"

"Depends. Can go from a week up to a month in the least."

"At.... L-least...?"

----------

This is here in case you might get confused with how fast or when things are taking place.

Like a timeline.

So in schools in Japan tend to end their first half of school in late July and typically start again on the first week day or Monday of September (i think.) Because i'm trying to match the timeline I'm going to go ahead and just show you my timeline for this story. I'm gonna use the 2021 Calendar

July 23: Last Day of first half of school year

July 25-31: Week they all went to the mall and Midoriya/Shigaraki's encounter

August 1-9: Training Camp, Kidnapping of Bakugo & Hideout Raid

August 10-13: Asking permission to move in to dorms

August 15: Move-in

August 16-31: Developing Special Attack

Sept 4- Hero Licensing Exam

Just thought I'd let you all know :)

See ya!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58.2K 1K 17
Ever since Izuku Midoriya joined U.A. High School and settled in, he knew that the League of Villains were after him and his quirk: One For All. Howe...
236K 8K 113
Y/N Yagi -the daughter of the greatest Hero in the world, All-Might- joins U.A with her best friend, Hitoshi Shinsou. People have always criticized h...
1.2K 67 4
"Your existence in itself is a stain on our family." For as long as she could remember, Erumi grew up hearing those words. As an illegitimate daught...
40.6K 884 18
❝ꜱᴀʏ ꜱᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ, ʏᴏᴜ ᴜꜱᴇʟᴇꜱꜱ ᴋɪᴅ!❞ ❝ɪ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ...❞ You are 𝐘/𝐧 𝐋/𝐧. She is a quiet girl who was homeschooled, abused, and i...