TROUBLE | Sirius Black

By OliverPotterr

UNDER HEAVY EDITING THROUGH GOOGLE DOC, THE NEW CHAPTERS WILL BE LONGER AND BETTER WRITTEN ! look under the s... More

CASTING
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
XXXI
XXXII
XXXIII
XXXIV
XXXV
Epilogue
Deleted Ideas
NEW BOOK

XXII

6.9K 199 281
By OliverPotterr

╭──── ✩ ────╮
THE TALK
╰──── ✩ ────╯

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

MORNINGS WERE THE hardest, ever since Marlenes death. Waking up, thinking everything is ok— and then having that wave of grief suddenly pound into you from no where. Was the worst kind of feelings. Especially now, since the only thing I had to look forward to was waking up next to the love of my life.

So fluttering my eyes open, I let the sunlight pour in— awakening me farther, until I found myself swinging my legs over the edge of the bed; my plaid pajamas nearly touching the floor as I stood up. Stretching my arms over my head, I made my way from the bedroom— and out into the living area; where I spotted Sirius cooking breakfast.

"Hey sexy beast." I greeted, lifting myself up onto the counter and watching as he cooked eggs the muggle way. His eyes never leaving the pan in front of him.

"Hey hot stuff." He replied, finally bringing his eyes up to meet my own— a precious smile spreading across his face in a cheerful way.

"So... any mail?" I asked, picking up the stack that laid neatly on the kitchen table. Examining each letter thoroughly as I awaited his answer.

"Well, actually Dumbledore sent a letter about some sort of prophecy, and how Voldemort is going after a family with a son born in summer of 1981." He started, and noticing my face start to contort with worry he continued, "but don't worry Lily and James are ok, they made Peter their secret keeper, and found a safe house. Although that does mean we aren't able to go visit them sadly." He groaned, lifting the pan and spreading the eggs out onto a plate.

"Well that's good, I trust Dumbledore." I mumbled, preparing my own plate and taking a seat at the kitchen table. While the two of us sat in a comfortable silence, "but hasn't Peter, you know? Been acting different." I stated, taking a bite of my eggs.

"Yeah, I guess he has a little, but we are his friends. I'm sure he wouldn't do anything like betray us." He replied, pressing a kiss to my temple, before standing up and taking our dishes to the sink.

Married life was so drastically different from school. With both of us being aurors and being caught up with order work. It was a bit overwhelming, yet calming at the same time.

Sighing I excused myself from the table, and picked up my copy of 'sense and sensibility' before plopping myself down on the couch— And laying my head in Sirius' lap.

His fingers stroked my hair, slipping through the black waves with a delicate touch. His breathing was quiet, yet still audible; while his heart was hammering to the point it took over my senses. All in all, I knew he was thinking about something.

"What's on your mind love?" I whispered, setting down my book and letting it lay gentle on my lap while I turned my attention to my husband. Whose face had begun to contort into a look of anxiety.

I brought my hand up to his cheek in an act of reassurance, "Whatever it is you can say it." I whispered, rubbing my thumb along his cheekbone. It seemed to calm him, making him spill his secrets to me.

"So you know how Lily and James have Harry? And well we won't be able to see them for awhile..and You know how married couples usually have children." He blurted, seeming almost unsure of his words. It was adorable how flustered he had become just even thinking about the topic of children.

"Love? Are you asking if I would ever want a baby with you?" I giggled, sitting up so I was now straddling his lap. Although unlike other times, this was just a more convenient position.

His eyes went wide, and a blush sprung to his cheeks, "I- yes.." he mumbled, rubbing the back of his neck nervously, "I just don't know if you'd ever want a child with someone like em..with a person from a family like mine. And I- you- we just never talked about kids before." I went on, but his words had become tuned out after he said with 'someone like me.'

Why wouldn't anyone want a child with someone like him? He was funny, loving.. everything a father could be. Why would he let him think I wouldn't want a child with him?

"Darling," I started, taking his face into my hands, and bringing our faces so close— our noses nearly brushed against each other, "There is no other person in the world I would rather have a baby with than you. You're perfect, everything a dad wishes they were; and we would make the perfect parents.. due to our experience with bad ones. I want a child with you, I want to raise a baby, and go shopping for cute baby clothes." I continued, seeing the tears begin to form in his eyes, "but not right now, not in the middle of impending war. Not when that child could possibly grow up without us. Not when we could die.. and leave that child to be an orphan. I can't do that to our baby, so we will wait.. we will wait til after this war.." I mumbled, placing my forehead against his.

"we will fight, we will survive, and then we will be together my love..with our baby.." I finished, brushing his lips against my own in an almost kiss. One that had all the feelings, all the love in the word. Yet was compacted into one measly peck, "but love, if I do somehow become pregnant before then, I would still be the happiest woman in the world." I finished.

"So we better get to baby naming before big headed 'dark lord' perishes?" He quipped, chuckling lightly. The sound was euphoric, intoxicating as the rhythm echoed around me.

"I was actually thinking about Marlene for a girl.." I mumbled, resting my head against his shoulder— and letting my breaths fan against the skin of his neck.

"I think it's perfect..and what about a boy?" He questioned, rubbing circle on my back. The action was so simple, yet so relaxing that I melted into his touch.

"I don't know yet.." I whispered, ponding the idea of what I might name a boy. There were so many possibilities..like maybe after one of my friends? James perhaps? Or maybe Remus? I couldn't name him after Peter. The boy has been ignoring me for nearly a year.. and I have no idea why.

"It's ok love, we have time to think about it." He mumbled, the exhaustion in his voice present. Maybe it was the sleep taking over me as well, but something about being in the arms of your lover. In a flat you own together; while also being two badass aurors.. just sounds like the perfect life.

"Wake up you idiots!" A voice echoed from across the room, leaving me to flutter my eyes open and allow my irises to adjust to the dimming light of our living room.

"Huh?" I mumbled, feeling Sirius arms still wrapped around me. Along with his light snores filling my ears, I jumped up realizing that it wasn't him who had spoken, and grabbed the nearest object. Which just so happened to be a candle.

"Whose there?" I questioned, my voice shaky from fear, but nonetheless intimidating.

A scoff sounded from the corner, causing me to spin towards that direction, "honestly Onyx, you're going to try and beat your brother to death with a candle?" James teased, I stood there confused as to why he was here instead of at his safe house with Lily and Harry.

"Dumbledore let me come visit for awhile, said something about you two needing some company?" He mumbled, wrapping an arm around my shoulder before flicking the light switch behind him.

I sighed, "yeah every since Remus left for his mission, and then you and Lily leaving for a safe house out of no where, I've kind of gotten a bit anxious about what is to come." I mumbled, unconsciously biting my nails. A habit I picked up from Peter during all our late nights talking during the school years.

"Don't worry, Lily and I will be fine. This Voldemort guy doesn't know our location, and we intend for it to stay that way." He reassured, placing both his hands on my shoulders and placing a kiss to my forehead.

"Prongsie!" A squeaky voice echoed from the couch, before Sirius came bounding up to the boy and crushed him into a brotherly hug.

"Paddie!" James quipped back, leaving the two of them to fall to the ground like little kids who haven't seen each other run centuries.

"Guys it's been two days." I huffed, turning around and heading off into the kitchen to prepare dinner, "yeah two days without your brother Vix!" James shouted, laughing through his words.

"I'm not your sister prongs!" I chuckled, picking different ingredients from the cabinets and setting them out on the kitchen counter.

"You say that now!" He called back, before I heard a patter of footsteps running in the direction of Sirius and my bedroom.

"Boys." I muttered playfully once the two were out of earshot, before I continued preparing dinner— for the two who were probably, at this moment, gossiping like little school girls.

After about an hour of, boiling noodles, heating up sauce, and seasoning— dinner was finally finished. Deciding that I would prepare the table first, I began setting out three plates, along with silverware and napkins. Before I headed up stairs to check on the boys.

"Come down, dinner is ready!" I announced, knocking lightly on my own bedroom door. Before I pushed it open the slightest bit.

The sight in front of me nearly sent me into a hysterical laughter. Not only were the two in their Animagi forms; but Sirius was on James' back as the stag trotted around inside my room.

"I-" I was at a loss for words and the sudden echo of my voice caused both of their heads to snap in my direction before the two of them shifted back— landing in a pile on the floor.

"Dinner!? Good I'm starving!" James quipped, attempting to ignore the subject, and began his race towards the kitchen— with Sirius close on his tail.

With a chuckled sigh, I closed the door to the room, and began making my way after them. Finding the two of them sitting at the table, patiently waiting to be served.

"I swear it's like raising two toddlers." I mumbled, scooping a spoonful of pasta onto each of their plates. My comment earned me faux looks of hurt as the two boys pretended to be truly in pain.

"It'll be your own wife." Sirius gasped,

"It's always the wife." James chuckled, referring to all the times Lily has knocked some sense into him— usually with a magazine.

"You two.." I giggled, sitting myself next to Sirius and begging to scoop the pasta into my mouth, "..should've invited me." I finished, giving them each a playful glare before returning back to my food.

The night carried on like this, with childish antics— and the three of us just all in all having fun. We chased, we talked, we laughed through the night. Until finally James announced that he had to get back to his family.

"Before I go.. I wanted to tell you guys where w rare staying.. in case you want to pop in and visit. It's godrics hollow. Dumbledore gave permission for you two to know." He stated before he disappeared through the door, closing it behind him.

"I sure do hope they are ok." I mumbled to Sirius next to me, referring to the whole prophecy, and how Voldemort was attempting to go after the Longbottoms and two Potters.

Without warning, he pulled me into an embraced, pressing against the back of my head so it was resting square on his chest. While keeping the rest of my body close with the other arm.

"Love, they are the strongest I know, and we would be foolish to underestimate them. Now, I know you're worried, and I am too. But just like Lily and James, I also trust Peter with my life.." Sirius reassured, pressing a kiss to my forehead.

That was enough to calm me down a bit, knowing he felt secure with the information we had been given. But something deep within me felt like something was wrong— like with one stupid move, this whole thing could come crumbling down at our feet.. and I was scared, scared of this impending war; fearful of what might happen to my friends in the end..

But as long as I had Sirius, I was ok..

AUTHORS NOTE

Guys! We just hit 20k !!!

The chapters are coming, yes THE chapters. The ones I have been dreading to write since the beginning of this story. Now I will not give any major spoilers as to what's to come— but you all know the gist of it; and just know, Vix will be just as involved as the others, so get ready for a wild adventure.

So TW: very very upsetting chapters ahead

I'm so excited also, for what I'd to come.

I hope you all are liking the story so far, I know this past chapters have been a bit boring due to the uneventful shit that's been going on.

Also, I love writing this story. It gives me a break from my busy unusual life, to just come on here and entertain other people with my stories. It's thrilling to wake up with so many new readers and so many more people to share this with. I love you all so much, and wish you all the best day.

Sincerely,
Milly

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9K 144 88
This book is rated mature for language and mature scenes ahead hey guys so quick warning this writing is extremely shitty and in all good time I will...
146K 4.1K 94
"Thank you." "For what?" "Being there for me." "Like I said, I'll be by your side for eternity." •Marauders era •When Talea Lupin transferres to Hog...
2.2M 71.8K 49
❝I think-I think I'm in love. I know it sounds crazy, but I really think she's the one.❞ ••••• Naomi Serdeys is peculiar, that was for sure. Despite...
37.6K 910 23
!This was discontinued until I posted the rest of the pre-written chapters. Many are unedited so forgive me! 7th year (Y/N) Black. Sirius's Older si...