promises - edmund pevensie

By prdxqx

"I want you to promise me that you will find someone that will love you as much as I have" | THE COMPLETE TRI... More

PRELUDE
INTERLUDE
↳ THE LION, THE WITCH AND THE WARDROBE
↳ CHAPTER ONE
↳ CHAPTER TWO
↳ CHAPTER THREE
↳ CHAPTER FOUR
↳ CHAPTER FIVE
↳ CHAPTER SIX
↳ CHAPTER SEVEN
↳ CHAPTER EIGHT
↳ CHAPTER NINE
↳ CHAPTER TEN
↳ CHAPTER ELEVEN
↳ CHAPTER TWELVE
↳ CHAPTER THIRTEEN
↳ CHAPTER FOURTEEN
↳ PRINCE CASPIAN
↳ CHAPTER FIFTEEN
↳ CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
↳ CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
↳ CHAPTER NINETEEN
↳ CHAPTER TWENTY
↳ CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE
↳ CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
↳ CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE
↳ CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR
↳ VOYAGE OF THE DAWN TREADER
↳ CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE
↳ CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX
↳ CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN
↳ CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT
↳ CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE
↳ CHAPTER THIRTY
↳ CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE
↳ CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO
↳ CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE
↳ CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR
↳ CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE
↳ CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX
↳ CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN
↳ CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT
↳ CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE
↳ CHAPTER FORTY
THE END
author's note - 11 aug. 2021
a/n - 04 sept. 2021
update - 9 nov. 2021
update - 27th dec. 2021
↳ CHAPTER FORTY-ONE
update - 20th August 2022
↳ DELETED SCENES
↳ DELETED SCENES
↳ DELETED SCENES
↳ DELETED SCENES
↳ DELETED SCENES
↳ DELETED SCENES
↳ DELETED SCENES
↳ DELETED SCENES
↳ DELETED SCENES
↳ DELETED SCENES
↳ DELETED SCENES
↳ DELETED SCENES
↳ DELETED SCENES

↳ CHAPTER SIXTEEN

4.1K 82 3
By prdxqx

-EXPLORING RUINS-
———————————————
ˏˋ°•*⁀➷CHAPTER SIXTEENˏˋ°•*⁀➷
(act ii)

———PROMISES———

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

THEY ALL STOPPED to stare at the amazing view in front of them. Emily stepped slightly forward turning around to face them all before smirking and running towards the water taking off her shoes and socks. She saw Lucy and Susan follow and Edmund and Peter following closely behind.

"Shame you're not as fast as me, Ed!" Peter shouted. "Last one in is a rotten egg." They all started splashing each other and laughing. Emily scooped her hands up and splashed Ed as hard as she could. He got soaking wet. His facial expression turned to shock, he smirked. "Right, that's it."

He picked up Emily, bridal style. "Ed, what are you doing?" she asked, wrapping her arms around his neck. "Revenge" and he threw her in the water. She gasped as she reached the surface of the water. Edmund smirked before looking up at the cliffs and noticing something.

"Ed! Ed?" Susan called out as she saw Edmund gazing off at something.

"What is it?" Peter asked. "Where do you suppose we are?" Edmund asked. "I'll bloody kill you one day, Edmund Pevensie." Emily scolded as she stood out of the water, her clothes and hair soaking wet.

"Well, where do you think?" Peter asked, smiling. "Well, I don't remember and ruins in Narnia.." he said, looking back up the cliff. They all looked up the cliff in front of them to see what Edmund was talking about.

The five children all began walking up the cliff towards the ruins. As they climbed up the steep cliff, Edmund and Emily behind the rest of the siblings.

Emily pulled back her fist and punched Edmund on the arm startling him. "Ow! What was that for?" He questioned, holding his arm in pain.

"That was part of my plan to murder you." Emily simply said. "You love me too much to murder me." Edmund smirked. "No. I planned this in the past year. This is only the beginning." Emily added.

"I could always drown you again, if you'd like." Edmund suggested. "What and have a murderer like you running around? No. I'm good." Emily answered before walking further up the cliff, and in front of Edmund.

Edmund stood there for a second pondering her words. "Wait, how does that make any sense?" The five children reached the top of the cliff. They all looked around trying to find anything that they could remember.

Emily was walking around when she accidentally stepped onto something sharp. She bent down and picked up a large key. She stared at the key while walking over to Lucy and Susan.

"I wonder who lived here?" Lucy turned to look at Susan. "I think we did.." Susan stepped on something shiny. "Hey, that's mine from my chess set." Edmund walked over. "Which chess set?" Peter asked, cluelessly.

"Well, I didn't exactly have a solid gold chess set in Finchley, did I?" Edmund asked sarcastically, snatching the chess piece from Susan's hand.

"It can't be.." The four followed after Lucy as she ran off. They were lead to 4 crumbled bits of stone, a gap missing in the middle of two. "Imagine walls, and columns there, and a glass roof." Lucy placed her siblings in front of the thrones.

"This must have been where mine was." Emily said walking up the small steps to the 'thrones' to the middle where her throne used to be. "I wonder what must have happened." Susan wondered. They all kept walking around when they saw Edmund kneel down next to a boulder. "Catapults."

"What?" Peter asked. "This didn't just happen. Cair Paravel was attacked." Edmund explained to his clueless brother. Peter and Edmund walked towards a stone wall and pushed back the wall to reveal a door.

"Don't suppose any of you have a key? Do you?" Peter asked the four of them. "I do.." Emily slightly smiled pulling out the key from her pocket. "Whoa! Where did you get that?" Edmund asked.

"From a talking tree actually." Emily said sarcastically, to which Edmund frowned, tilting his head slightly. "Found it lying in the grass, idiot." she rolled her eyes at him, walking towards the door and brushing off the cobwebs around the keyhole.

She pushed the key inside and twisted it making the door break since it was old and fall down the stairs. "Well, I definitely didn't expect that.."

Peter took out his pen knife and cut off some of his shirt tying it to a stick he found on the floor. "Don't suppose, you have any matches?" Peter asked, looking at Edmund. "No.." he paused, looking into his satchel. "But would this help?" he asked trying not to smile as he pulled out a torch.

Peter gave him a look. "You might of mentioned that a bit sooner!" The two Pevensie sisters shared a smile as Edmund glanced at Emily, smiling and flashing his eyebrows before turning the torch on and leading the way down the stairs.

Peter held his arm out for the girls to go first, Emily went first, following after Edmund with Susan and Lucy following behind. Once they reached the bottom of the first stairs, it overlooked five golden chests.

Peter pushed open the small metal gate. "I can't believe it. It's all still here." Peter gaped.

Lucy rushed towards her chest, Susan doing the same. Emily walked over to her chest and opened it to reveal belongings that were not her possessions. And the white witch's wand. She slowly picked it up studying it. It looked as if it had been broken by a sword.

She stopped to catch her breath turning around to see she was right in the middle of the battle. Emily searched around to look for Peter or Edmund but they were no where to be found.

"Can't find your little boyfriend?" Emily turned around to be met with the witch. "Fun fact: I don't have a boyfriend." Emily replied, sarcastically. "I'm ready to fight now. Clearly you try hard enough to kill me last night since I'm still here." Emily grabbed a couple daggers, struggling since they were stuck. Someone called her name, making her look around trying to locate where the voice came from.

She saw Peter rapidly pointing behind her. "Look out!"Emily frowned and turned around to feel a sword stabbing through near her heart.

Emily gasped, the witch pulled out her staff, staring at Emily coldly. All the sounds around her began to ring, she clutched her heart and fell to the floor, loosing consciousness and hearing her name being shouted.

Edmund watched as Emily turned around and the Witch's sword went through her and she fell onto the floor.

She snapped out of her daze. Emily's hands were now shaking and she dropped the wand to the floor. Everyone turned to look at her, frowning at her. "Emily, what's the matter?" Susan asked her. "None of this is mine." Emily spoke.

Susan, Lucy and Peter walked towards her chest, peering in. "Why is all the Witch's stuff in here?" Peter frowned. "Is this some sort of joke?" Lucy asked.

"I don't know.. I just opened it and it was all there." Emily explained, shivering at the thought of all the Witch's belongings in her chest. "Well, I guess that explains why there are daggers, a tiara and bow and arrows in my chest.." Edmund sighed.

Emily frowned walking over to see all her stuff lying inside Edmund's chest. "That's so strange. Why would they not give you your own chest? Or frankly, why would they put a statue of you and then stash all the Witch's things in there?" Lucy asked.

"I have no bloody clue." Emily replied, looking back at 'her' chest. "You can borrow one of my dresses, we're the same size." Susan suggested. "Thanks, Su." Emily nodded and picked up a navy blue dress. "I think it's time we found out what's going on here." Peter said.

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

107K 1.7K 22
"But Peter, It was always you..." Must be Love || THE CHRONICLES OF NARNIA PETER PEVENSIE X OC [EVERYTHING BELONGS TO DISNE...
72K 1.8K 12
[started]: sept 22 2019 [Completed]: Oct 14 2019
191K 4.5K 37
Book 3 in the Edmund Pevensie series. "This is our last time here, isn't it?" "Yes, you've all grown up" (Book 1: Afraid to love Book 2: finding what...
5.6K 120 14
You didn't think it was over, did you? This is a sequel to my previous Narnia story The Choice, if you haven't read it already, what are you waiting...