promises - edmund pevensie

By prdxqx

"I want you to promise me that you will find someone that will love you as much as I have" | THE COMPLETE TRI... More

PRELUDE
INTERLUDE
↳ THE LION, THE WITCH AND THE WARDROBE
↳ CHAPTER ONE
↳ CHAPTER TWO
↳ CHAPTER THREE
↳ CHAPTER FOUR
↳ CHAPTER FIVE
↳ CHAPTER SIX
↳ CHAPTER SEVEN
↳ CHAPTER EIGHT
↳ CHAPTER NINE
↳ CHAPTER TEN
↳ CHAPTER ELEVEN
↳ CHAPTER TWELVE
↳ CHAPTER THIRTEEN
↳ PRINCE CASPIAN
↳ CHAPTER FIFTEEN
↳ CHAPTER SIXTEEN
↳ CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
↳ CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
↳ CHAPTER NINETEEN
↳ CHAPTER TWENTY
↳ CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE
↳ CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
↳ CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE
↳ CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR
↳ VOYAGE OF THE DAWN TREADER
↳ CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE
↳ CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX
↳ CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN
↳ CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT
↳ CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE
↳ CHAPTER THIRTY
↳ CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE
↳ CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO
↳ CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE
↳ CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR
↳ CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE
↳ CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX
↳ CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN
↳ CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT
↳ CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE
↳ CHAPTER FORTY
THE END
author's note - 11 aug. 2021
a/n - 04 sept. 2021
update - 9 nov. 2021
update - 27th dec. 2021
↳ CHAPTER FORTY-ONE
update - 20th August 2022
↳ DELETED SCENES
↳ DELETED SCENES
↳ DELETED SCENES
↳ DELETED SCENES
↳ DELETED SCENES
↳ DELETED SCENES
↳ DELETED SCENES
↳ DELETED SCENES
↳ DELETED SCENES
↳ DELETED SCENES
↳ DELETED SCENES
↳ DELETED SCENES
↳ DELETED SCENES

↳ CHAPTER FOURTEEN

4.1K 98 7
By prdxqx

-CORONATION AND GOODBYES-
———————————————————ˏˋ°•*⁀➷CHAPTER FOURTEENˏˋ°•*⁀➷
(act i)

———PROMISES———

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

EMILY STOOD in her room at Cair Paravel. Getting ready for her coronation as high queen. She stared at her dress laying on her bed and then back at herself in the mirror. Thoughts rushed though her head but she was snapped out of her daze when she heard a knock at her door.

"Come in!" she shouted. The door opened and in walked Susan and Lucy. "Why aren't you ready yet?" Susan asked, noticing the dress on her bed.

"I don't feel like going. I'm somehow going to mess it up. I know it." Emily replied flopping onto the bed.

"Oh, don't be silly. You'll do great. I know it." Lucy reassured her. "Really?"

"Really." Lucy replied, smiling at her. "Thanks, Luce."

"We'll leave you to get ready. Oh, and you better be ready." Susan pointed a finger at her.

"I promise. I will get ready." Emily said once the door shut. She looked at her lilac dress. She sighed and put the dress on, the maids walked into the room and tied the back of her dress and began to do her hair.

They had plaited her hair into a small crown around her head, leaving the rest of her curls free, cascading down her back. Emily thanked them and walked out of her room and down to the throne room where everyone was waiting, taking deep breaths on the way. The Pevensie's and Aslan weren't there waiting for her.

She took a deep breath before the door opened and she began walking forward as all eyes were on her.

She slightly smiled, keeping her head high, seeing Edmund out of the corner of her eye, smiling at her. She walked up the few steps towards her throne which was positioned next to Peter and Susan's.

"To the glistening, eastern sea, I give you Queen Lucy, The Valiant."

"To the great western wood, I give you King Edmund, The Just."

"To the radiant, southern sun, I give you Queen Susan, The Gentle."

"To the clear northern sky, I give you King Peter, The Magnificent."

"And to the entire world of Narnia, that I have created, I give you Queen Emily, The Loyal."

Tumnus moved to place the ivy patterned tiara over her head. Emily stood up proudly, giving Mr. Tumnus a small smile to which he returned and turned around to sit on her throne.

"Once a King or Queen of Narnia. Always a King or Queen of Narnia." Everyone at the ceremony began to chant the newly royals names. Music began to play and all the Narnians danced the night away.

Emily walked out onto the balcony watching as Aslan walked across the sandy beach. She felt someone's presence next to her. "Em? You all right?" Edmund asked. "Yeah. I'm okay." She didn't take her eyes off the sun setting.

"Em, I'm really, really sorry. For everything. I put you through so much and you didn't deserve it." Emily took her eyes away from the sun set and looked at Edmund.

The light wind blowing her hair. "I forgive you, Ed. I hope you've learned your lesson though. Don't trust anyone." This made him lower his head, chuckling to himself.

Emily smiled at her joke and looked back out to see Aslan had disappeared. Edmund nudged Emily and held out his hand for Emily to take.

Emily looked down at his hand and then back up at him, raising her eyebrows. She sighed and took his hand and he led her back into the castle to the dance floor.

15 years later...

The Pevensie's and Emily, set out to find the white stag and were riding through the trees when Edmund stopped. "Come on, Ed."

"Just catching my breath." Edmund replied. "Let's all catch it at this rate!" Emily said. "What did he say again, Susan?" Lucy asked.

"You girls wait at the castle. I'll get the stag myself." Susan mocked Edmund from half an hour ago. Emily, Susan and Lucy giggled. "What's this?" Peter asked getting down from his horse and starring at the lamppost in front of them.

"It seems familiar.." Emily started. "As if from a dream.." Susan added. "Or a dream of a dream.. spare oom.." Lucy gasped looking around.

They kept on walking until they didn't reach branches anymore. "These aren't branches.." Peter said. "The coats.." Susan realised. "Susan! You're on my foot!" Edmund scolded.

The five of them kept shouting at each other until their voices changed and they fell through the door of the wardrobe and onto the hard oak floor.

Emily looked down to see she was in the same clothes from when Edmund hit the ball into the window and the same 14 yr old body.

"Ah! There you are. I've been looking all over for you. What were you all doing in the wardrobe?" The professor asked. The five of them all looked at each other, trying hard not to smile."You wouldn't believe us if we told you, sir." Peter replied.

The professor threw him the cricket ball. Edmund looked up at him with a big smile on his face. "Try me.."

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

Emily and Edmund were walking back to their rooms when Emily noticed that there was a light inside the spare room that was slightly ajar.

"You go on.." Edmund nodded and walked down the corridor. Emily opened the door to see lucy trying to get back inside the wardrobe.

"I don't think you'll get back in that way!" the young girl jumped and face the fourteen year old. "Will we ever go back?" Lucy asked. "Maybe.. If we just wait... and believe." Emily wrapped an arm around Lucy's shoulders leading her out of the room.

A few months later, the Pevensie's were packing all their things into their suitcases. They were travelling back to London.

It was safe to go back home. This meant leaving their new friend behind. And their magical world.

"Do we have to leave?" Lucy asked, sitting on her bed that had been her home for months. "I know, it'll be hard saying goodbye, Lu. But we can go see Mum now." Peter told her, rubbing her back soothingly.

Emily was walking by the room, stopping to listen in. She wasn't ready to let them go. She'd never had company in the house before and it was going to be hard letting them all go.

But it had to be done. She smiled sadly, before going back towards her room.

The Pevensie's heaved their suitcases down the stairs of the mansion and through the front door where Mrs. Macready was waiting in the carriage. Emily met them at the front door, wanting to watch them go off.

She bid her goodbyes to Peter and Susan who, in return hugged her. Lucy was looking up at her with small tears running down her cheeks. Emily crouched down in front of Lucy.

"Hey, it's okay. I promise we'll see each other again. One day." Emily reassured her, to which Lucy wrapped her arms around the fourteen year old girl. "Remember to keep believing and your dreams will come true." Emily whispered in her ear, to which Lucy smiled, sniffling.

Emily stood back up and moved towards Edmund who had his head down, kicking stones with his feet.

"Hey, dolly daydream." She snapped her fingers, which made him look at her. She pulled him into a hug, which in return he wrapped his arms around her. "I'm going to miss you." he whispered in her ear.

"Don't miss me too much." she whispered back. "Oh, and also, don't turn into a selfish prick again." she whispered. He pulled away from the hug, chuckling to himself. "I'll try not to."

"Picture before you go?" The professor asked, walking out the house with a camera. They all gave in, standing next to each other, Edmund and Lucy next to each of Emily's sides.

Peter stood next to Edmund and Susan stood next to Lucy, they all wrapped their arms around each other's waists, smiling as the photo was taken.

They all moved away from each other, each sibling bidding goodbye to Emily, climbing into the carriage. Emily stood with the professor who wrapped an arm around her waist as the siblings rode off into the distance.

Emily smiled to herself, a tear slipping down her cheek, wondering if she was going to see them again.

END OF ACT I

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.6K 120 14
You didn't think it was over, did you? This is a sequel to my previous Narnia story The Choice, if you haven't read it already, what are you waiting...
16.1K 192 23
a peter pevensie fanfiction "it was all like a dream, all this adventures we went through." ; " a narnian dream" #1#aslan 15/9/21
123K 4.6K 21
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐎𝐍𝐆 𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐒 - 𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊 𝐓𝐖𝐎 ❝ "You have always been my King, Peter. Always." ❞ ~ in which nimueh is dragged back to the pl...
1.1K 57 10
[Ongoing] Call to the Old SEQUEL. All hope had been lost between the both of them, they each clung to anything that reminded them of each other. Thei...