Innocent Eyes

By Peachsk

What happens when a young girl too innocent. Loses her mother at a young age. Not being able to understand wh... More

Prologue
Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Bonus Chapter.1
Bonus Chapter.2
Bonus Chapter.3
Bonus Chapter. 4
Sequel

Chapter 57

8.5K 326 111
By Peachsk

"Cam come on let's get going! We're going on a road trip!" Mason enthusiastically tried to wake up the sleeping six year old. He had his hand on her back softly rubbing up and down. Hoping it would wake her up.

Cameron let out a small little groan. Pulling her covers closer to her, making a protective cocoon around her.

"And I thought we had a couple of years until you turned into a grumpy teen." Mason mumbled, as he noticed how Cameron wasn't going to move.

"Did you get her to wake up yet?" Owen yawned, he was stood by the bedroom door entrance.

"Of course she is not going to get up. We're up at an ungodly hour and last night she was bouncing off the walls with excitement for this trip." Noah appeared beside Owen. He wasn't happy how Mason insisted they leave at five o'clock in the morning. It was currently half four in the morning.

Since the drive was twenty hour drive to Flordia. They decided to make a pit stop half way in Nashville which was a nine hour drive. So if they left at five they should reach Nashville at two.

Mason sighed, turning back to the task at hand. "Come on Cam. It's time to wake up."

Cameron didn't budge. She was too happy in dreamland, riding a life size Ellie. As she ran through candy floss forest.

"Look I'll show you how you do it." Noah walked by Owen. Mason watched Noah as he just picked Cameron up with her still wrapped in her blanket like some baby.

Cameron shuffled a bit in his arms, but her eyes did not open. In the end she just ended up in a deeper sleep. "Now, we have a travel size Cameron. Let's go."

Noah walked out of her room. Cameron still in his arms asleep.

"Noah you can't just carry her around." Owen said but Noah was already down the stairs.

Mason stood up sighing. "Do you have all the bags?"

"All in the car your highness." Owen bowed down. It wasn't like Mason was driving. They were switching but Owen was driving the first four hours.

"You will be thankful that I packed a snack bag." Mason mocked. Walking past Owen.

When they got out to the car Cameron was all strapped into her seat. A blanket wrapped around her and Ellie tucked in beside her. She was still in her pyjamas. Noah scrolled through his phone as his head laid on a pillow that was leaning on the window.

"What happened to her duvet that you lifted her up with?" Mason asked as he noticed the different blanket wrapped around Cameron.

Noah shrugged. "I threw it on the couch."

"Did you at least put it there neatly?" Owen asked when he got into the car after locking up the house.

"No. My hands were full." Noah looked at his brother as if he had ten heads.

Mason rolled his eyes, leaning his head back on the head rest.

Mason and Owen were the only two who got dressed. They both wore a pair of shorts for the warm weather. While Noah still wore the tracksuit bottoms he wore to bed and Cameron was still rocking her princess nightgown.

Owen set up his phone and the destination for the trip. The little voice started to play as Owen started to drive. This was going to be the start of their adventure.

****

Owen had now been driving for around two hours. Cameron started to stir in her sleep. Slowly her eyes opened, they casted around the car. Noah was fast asleep well he looked asleep but had his ear phones in. While Owen and Mason were talking about someone.

They were currently out in the middle of nowhere. Few cars would pass them every so often. Maybe right now was not the right time for Cameron's bladder to need to be tendered to its needs.

"Mase? O?" Cameron moved herself a bit so she could get a better look of inbetween the two. She pulled her arms out from under the blanket, laying them on top.

"Oh sleeping beauty is a wake." Owen smiled to Cameron through the rearview mirror. Mason turned in his seat to look at her.

"I need to go number one." Cameron held up her finger.

Mason looked to Owen.

"I guess we can pull in and she can go to the bathroom." Owen shrugged.

"We have no tissues." Mason said. Owen was already pulling in.

"Well she can't hold it. In there." Owen pointed to the glove box. "There should be tissues for your nose. We can use that."

Mason sighed. Opening up the glove box and handing it Owen. Noah jolted awake when he heard Owen open his door.

"What's going on?" Noah was confused to why they were parked on the side of the road and why Owen was unbuckling Cameron. "Are we leaving her out here?"

Cameron's eyes widened and she gripped tighter to Owen. When Owen tried to put her down she held on for dear life. Just dangling from him.

"Noah why did you say that?" Mason hit Noah.

"Honey were not going to leave you here. Noah was just messing. Were leaving him here if he keeps it up." Owen tried to ressure Cameron. Sending Noah a glare when Cameron wouldn't let go.

Cameron shook her head. She didn't want anyone to be left here.

"Cam you need to go to the toliet and I promise no one is being left behind. In anyways I'm the one driving and I can't drive if I'm out here." Cameron studied Owen's face. She slowly let go of her grip. Setting herself on the floor.

"Owen nows your chance. Come on lets__" Noah was shut up when Mason pulled the pillow from beside him and started to hit him.

Cameron clutched onto Owen's hand. Afraid he would just hop back into the car. Owen held Cameron as she crouched to go to the bathroom. He held her nightgown up and held her by the waist. When she was finished Cameron cleaned herself up before getting back into the car.

"Do you feel better now?" Mason asked when she was settled back into the car.

"Yep all better." She smiled.

Owen got back into the car. Starting it up again and driving. Mason took the snack bag that was by his feet and brought it up onto his lap. Searching for some food for Cameron that he had packed.

"Are you hungry?"

On time Cameron's stomach rumbled. She rubbed circles around it nodding. "Very."

Mason laughed. He pulled out some cut up banana, yougart and oats. "Noah, Can you help her with these?"

Mason passed back the tubs. Noah took them handing her the banana one first so she could just eat with her hands. "Do you not have anything for me?"

"Here." Mason threw him back a cereal bar.

"That's not going to fill me." Noah held up the cereal bar.

"Do you want it or not?" Mason raised his eyebrow.

"I'll eat it."

"Noah we will make a stop to get proper breakfast." Owen said. Ressuring Noah that there will be proper food.

****

It had been about another twenty minutes until the boys found civilisation again. Cameron had been given Masons phone to keep her preoccupied. She was watching a movie on Netflix. Actually one of the multiple that Mason had downloaded for the trip. Noah had ate his small cereal bar and was on his phone.

As they were passing through the small town. There was a diner and right now they could all use some breakfast.

Owen pulled into the car park of the diner. Everyones attention was now on where they had stopped. Even Cameron had taken her eyes off of Masons phone. Pressing her face up against the car window.

"Cam your gonna make the windows dirty." Owen said as he turned in his seat to proply see the little monkey.

"Food?" A smile grew on Noah's lips. His mouth was already watering at the thought of a classic fry up.

"Well she can't go in wearing that." Mason pointed out. Cameron was still in her princess nightgown. Cameron just shot Mason a big grin when she noticed he was talking about her.

"Yeah your right. How about you two go in and order and I'll change Cameron here." Owen suggested.

"Yeah we can do that." Noah was eager to get food.

"Sure." Mason opened his door and so did Noah.

Cameron's eyes grew wide. "Where are you going?"

"They're going to get some food. We will join them soon. You just need to change first." Owen said.

"But I like my princess dress and so does Ellie." Cameron ran her finger tips along the material of her nightgown.

"I know but that's only for the night and for the house. We need to change you into proper clothes." Owen said. He got out of the car, walking around to the boot and taking out a pair of clothes for Cameron. He took out a sage sundress, one she had brought with her when she came to live with her brothers.

Owen then opened Camerons car door. Unbuckling her and letting her stand on the ground. There was no one around so Owen helped her take off her nightgown and then helped her put on the little sundress.

When Camerin had the dress on she ran her fingers down it. A fimular scent reached her nose. Something she hadn't smelt in a very long time and especially with boys. She lifted the bottom part of her dress up brining it to her nose. Owen went to pull her dress back down until he realised she was just smelling it.

A bright smile appeared on Cameron's face as she looked up to Owen.

"What?" Owen smiled at confusion at the little girl.

"It smells like Mommy. Smell." Cameron held out a peice of her dress. 

Owen took the piece of the dress that she held up, sniffing it. It smelt like perfume. Like coconuts. Exactly how his clothes use to smell when he was younger. It brought nostalgia to Owen a huge smile forming on his lips.

Owen picked the little girl by her under arms. Hugging her tightly to his chest and taking in Cameron's scent. Cameron nussedled her head in Owen's neck enjoying his comfort.

Soon after their small little hugging session Owen helped Cameron put on some sandles. Then they walked into the diner hand in hand.

When they saw Mason and Noah sitting at a table Cameron ran up to them. A huge smile still on her face, excitement started to bubbled in her stomach. She was finally awake.

"What's got you all bubbly?" Mason caught her, pulling her onto his lap.

"Its smells like Mommy." Cameron grinned. While Mason just looked at her confused.

"Smell her dress." Owen explained as he sat in beside Noah.

Mason sniffed Cameron's dress. His eyes widening with nostalgia. "That smells like how our clothes as kids use to smell."

"Yeah, honestly I never knew that scent could stay on something for so long." Mason took another smell of Cameron.

"Let me smel." Noah held out his arms for Cameron to be passed over to him.

"I'm not passing her over the table." Mason said hugging her closer to him.

"You just like how she cuddling you." Noah retorted.

"So what did you order?" Owen changed the subject.

"Well I got a big fry and Mason ordered some pancakes to share with Cameron. For you he got you an omelette." Cameron's eyes lit up when Noah mentioned pancakes.

"Pancakes?" Cameron asked.

Noah nodded. "Pancakes."

****

After about another fifteen minutes their food had been served and it was being devoured between the three boys. Cameron was the only one taking her sweet time as she ate a cut up pancake that Mason had given her.

"I think I have a food baby." Noah slouched in his chair. His hands rested on his stomach along with the empty plate on the table.

"Noah you can't get preg__"

"Ssshhh let me just breath for a minute." Noah shushed Mason.

Mason just rolled his eyes.

"Cam hold out your hands and I'll wipe them down." Owen held out a baby wipe. Something he learned to bring along with him especially with sticky toddlers.

Cameron held out her hands for Owen to wipe down.

"I'll pay and then we can get back out onto the road." Owen stood up. Tapping his pockets for his wallet.

"Okay let's go wait in the car." Mason said. He got out of the boot and helped Cameron out. Noah got out aswell and they made their way back to the car.

****

"Wait why does her dress actually smell like my childhood?" Noah asked.

Mason looked back to Noah like he had ten heads. "Are you seriously only noticing that now when we said it a good hour ago?"

Noah shrugged.

They had been back on the road for the past thirty minutes. Playing eye spy to entertain Cameron since she lost intrest in Masons phone in the first ten minutes she got it back.

"Eye spy with my little eye something green." Noah said bringing his attention away from the window and back to the others.

Cameron looked out the window. Mason already knew the answer. It had been the same two answers for the past five rounds. But Cameron seemed to enjoy it.

"The grass?" Cameron asked. A big smile on her face.

"Yes well done Cam. It's your turn." Noah was starting to get bored of the repeating answers but he wa only doing this for Cameron.

Cameron giggled as she tapped her finger on her chin. Looking out the window for inspiration. "Eye spy with my little eye something blue."

Owen, Mason, and Noah pretended to look around and make little humming noises as if they have to think about the answer.

"The sky?" Owen guessed.

"YES! Owen your turn." Cameron giggled.

"No. No more rounds. Cameron do you want to play some games on my phone." Noah handed Cameron his phone. Her eyes lit up at all the dress up games.

That would sort her for the next couple of hours until she gets bored.

****

With two more pit stops along the way they finally reached Nashville. Where they would be staying the night and their final destination would be Florida. Cameron's home state.

They were staying in a motel due the best of the money they could afford. Plus they would only be staying the night and then be back on the road early morning.

But it would be worth it in the end from the beach house that Owen was able to rent for the week.

The adventure has only begun...

There we go Chapter 57...

I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Next one will be the trip to Florida.

What's your thoughts on this chapter??

Any suggestions??
Any questions??
Any theories??

Thank you for reading. Don't forget to vote and comment...

(Unedited)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

293K 7K 29
This story really have a lot of grammar mistakes but I'll edit it as soon as possible. So, if you are a grammar freak.. DO NOT READ THIS STORY. A...
92.8K 5.2K 12
in which hwang hyunjin fell in love with the guy in skirt. "w-who's that? h-he's hot.." 12 chapters✔️ started: 20/07/20 completed: 30/07/20
Never Alone By Ela

Teen Fiction

877K 26K 48
[[COMPLETED]] Her parents gave her the most precious people in her life. ~oOo~ Athena Eleanor Hale, seven years old, have four personal bodyguards w...
872K 25.6K 42
Athena is trying to adjust in her newfound freedom but she is forcefully ripped away from it. But sometimes bad things happen for better!