โฆ๐•ƒ๐• ๐•ค๐•ฅ ๐”พ๐•š๐•ฃ๐• - โ„๐•–๐•’๐••๏ฟฝ...

By Maiya_Dragneel

๐˜พ๐™–๐™œ๐™š๐™™ - ๐˜ฝ๐™ค๐™ค๐™  2 ๐™๐™–๐™ ๐™š๐™ฃ ๐™–๐™ฌ๐™–๐™ฎ ๐™›๐™ง๐™ค๐™ข ๐™๐™š๐™ง ๐™›๐™–๐™ข๐™ž๐™ก๐™ฎ ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™๐™ค๐™ข๐™š, (๐™”/๐™ฃ) ๐™‚๐™ง๐™–๐™˜๐™š๏ฟฝ... More

ยซNoteยป
ยซPrologueยป
ยซ1 - The Beginningยป
ยซ2 - Moon Demon Companyยป
ยซ3 - Cursed Gearยป
ยซ4 - An Unlikely Pairยป
ยซ5 - Mikaela Hyakuyaยป
ยซ6 - Contracts and Demonsยป
ยซ7 - Hikariยป
ยซ8 - Mitsuba Sanguยป
ยซ10 - A Noble Encounterยป
ยซ11 - Shinjukuยป
ยซ12 - Dangerous Drugsยป
ยซ13 - An Impossible Reunionยป
ยซ14 - Sinnersยป
ยซ15 - I'll Save Youยป
ยซ16 - Inviteยป
ยซ17 - Nightmare Interviewยป
ยซ18 - Familyยป
ยซ19 - Possession and Manifestationยป
ยซ20 - Taming a Demonยป
ยซ21 - Intentionsยป
ยซ22 - Krul's Sinยป
ยซ23 - The Truthยป
ยซ24 - Battle Preparationยป
ยซ25 - Punishmentยป
ยซ26 - No Longer Humanยป
ยซ27 - Nagoyaยป
ยซ28 - The Thirteenth Progenitorยป
ยซ29 - Hostagesยป
ยซ30 - I'm On My Wayยป

ยซ9 - Despicable Humansยป

234 13 8
By Maiya_Dragneel

"(Y/n)... I'm counting on you!"

My eyes shoot open.

Emma... I let you down... I'm so sorry...

"You okay, (N/n)?" Yuu asks, sitting across from me, drying off his soaking hair. I smile and look into his green eyes,
"Just a bad dream. Don't worry."

I sit up and look around. Everyone, including myself, are wearing casual clothing as they finish drying off from their showers.

It's then, that we hear a scream from the girl's shower area,
"N-no... Wait a second! No way! Kyaaaahh!!"

"Girls take such long showers... What the hell are they doing?" Yuu questions, wrapping the towel around his neck as Yoichi laughs at the question.

"We question life. Who thought of giving someone rubber filled with their breath for their birthday? Didn't the brain name itself and have the capacity to recognise other organs?" I grin as Yuu slowly backs away.

"There is one thing I would like to ask you. Are you okay with that?" I hear Kimizuki ask and when I look over, he's offering milk to the girl and trying to get information out of her.

She nods and stays quiet, getting Yuu's attention,
"But you don't have to answer if you don't want to..."

"It's ok. It will be my way of thanking you for saving me..." The girl says as... a tear falls down her face...?

This girl... is mixed up in something... If she really did come from the hideout for the vampires in Harajuku, it could be a setup...

"Live a happy and healthy life. That is the best way to show your gratitude." Yuu says to the girl.

The door slams as Mitsuba and Shinoa come out of the showers in a shirt and shorts, plus a towel to dry their hair and face.

Shinoa is smiling, cheekily as Mitsuba looks mad. Even a moron would be able to tell Shinoa got up to mischief and as a result, Mitsuba squealed.

Blondie looks up at Yuu and I, but quickly kisses her teeth and turns away.

"Listen up, then. It's about the hideout where those vampires were keeping you prisoners." Kimizuki says before she begins to tell us everything.

I doubt it's the truth...

Omotesando Subway Station

We arrive at the station entrance after coming up with a plan.

"According to the girl that we rescued, vampires are hiding in the old Omotesando subway station, 1km away from Harajuku. They keep... cattle there as well." I say, standing by Shinoa.

"There are seven vampires, meaning we're outnumbered. We'll give a surprise attack in the morning when they're asleep." Shinoa finishes.

Kimizuki raises his hand as I nod for him to speak,
"What about the civilians that were captured? What if they use them as hostages?"

"I don't care about hostages. Our enemies have numbers on their side. We'll have our hands full taking care of ourselves. We can't afford to worry about them, too." Blondie states, coldly.

Anger builds up inside me, but... she's right.

If that girl really is in a troublesome situation where we were given false information... we can't afford to think about others... Not like that'll stop me anyway.

"What's with that face? If you're not happy with that, feel free to go back to Shibuya." Blondie scorns as my face rests from being scrunched up.

"Who says we're not happy? As long as we get to kill vampires, I won't complain." Yuu says, stepping up for me.

This is like that time all over again... I have to tell Yuu at some point...

"One more thing." I start, "If all seven vampires are awake and armed, we won't stand a chance. So we'll... run."
"What?!"

"How did I know you'd react like this." I sigh.
"I-I'm not that predictable... am I?"

"If we all were able to wield our cursed gear appropriately, we would stand a chance. But Shinoa would rather destroy the enemy without getting anyone injured." I explain.

"That's means no independent action." Shinoa says, facing Yuu and I.
"I won't! A flawless victory... sounds just great!" Yuu smiles.

"Then let's get going! Stay in formation, protect one another, and don't get separated from the rest of the team. Got it?" Shinoa smiles, reaching her hands out as we all agree.

"Then let's destroy those vampires!"

We walk down the stairs leading inside the station although... it's not what we expected...

"What is this...?" Kimizuki mutters, wide-eyed.

There aren't just children, but also adults scattered in the station with miserable looks on their faces...

"Uwah, so many people..." Yoichi comments.
"What the hell's going on here? Why don't they try to run away while the vampires aren't around?" Kimizuki asks.

I look to Yuu and see him looking at the people's clothes... The clothes of livestock.

"Pay them no heed! Let's move on! Let's head for floor B3, where the vampires are stationed, at once!"

We get to floor B3 and are greeted by the sight of several dozen kids, void of expression...

We'll definitely save them...!

Wait. This feeling...

"Vampire!" I yell as a vampire comes around the corner.
"Get ready to attack!" Blondie yells.

I draw my Katanas and wait for Blondie's signal to fight,
"Let's kill him before he can call his friends!"

I charge in, and as Yuu has the same idea, we attack the vampire, stabbing it through the chest.

"Gaah! You damned livestock-"
"Hah! How does it feel to be killed by a damned livestock like us, monsters? Get out of my sight!" Yuu laughs, as we both activate the curse.

"You idiots! I told you not to take action!" Blondie yells as she raises her hand to Yuu, but I grab it before she can bring it down.

"We didn't. The enemy was unarmed and we both waited for your order before drawing our cursed gear. Can you please trust us?" I justify.

There's another vampire...

I pull Blondie closer to me as the vampire swings his sword. I go to block it, but Yuu beats me to it.

"Hahaha, very well. This is exactly what I've been waiting for all along. For eight, long years!" Yuu grins.

"Idiot, you think that swinging your sword around will be enough to kill us?" The vampire growls.

In a split moment, Yuu appears in front of the vampire, slicing at it, as it turns to ash.

I hear Blondie's soft gasp and look at her with smirk.
"H-how can he be so strong?" She asks.

"Well, well. Being Lieutenant Colonel Guren's favourite, it's only natural for him to be strong. But I never thought he was this strong. I wonder... if you can beat Yuu as easy as Guren says, how strong are you?" Shinoa asks me as I wear a confident smirk.

"Y-you can let go of me now." Blondie stutters as red crosses her face.
"Sorry, eheh." I laugh, nervously.

I let her go and walk over to Yuu, Saltymizuki and Yoichi.

"You're great, Yuu!" Yoichi smiles.
"I'm stronger than that." Saltymizuki sighs.
"Really? Then show me!"

"You start a fight, I will show both of you just how strong I am." I threaten, placing a hand on both their heads.

"Alright... Don't get carried away. There are still-"
"Mitsuba!! Behind you!!" I yell, feeling the presence of two vampires behind Blondie.

The glass behind her breaks as I shove her out of the way.
"What?!"
"(N/N)!!"

The vampire grabs me by the throat, and throws me to the ground as it cracks from the impact with the vampire keeping me down.
"Gah! I'll kill you!"

More vampires come out, making that the seven I sensed. That's all the vampires here...

"How is it possible? The information about their numbers was accurate..." Blondie gasps.
"Information? Hah... Who was your source?"

I raise my Katana, but the other vampire kicks in out of my hand.

"All of you run... Now!!" I yell, "You used that child. You bastard! Damn it!" I slam my fiat into the ground, creating a larger dent.

"Humans will do anything if you threaten their family. They're despicable, after all." The vampires hints.

Yoichi tries to move forward, but the other vampire warns them all to stay still.

"Go! I'll take care of this myself-"
"Enough of that crap! How many times should I repeat myself?! I won't abandon my teammates!" Yuu yells.

He unsheathes his cursed gear and charges towards the vampire that's holding me down.

"I'll come to your rescue!"
"God damn idiot! I'll take care of this!" I shout at Yuu.

I grab the vampire's wrist and crush it as he screams in agony, letting me go.

Yuu swings his sword at the other vampire while the others ready themselves to fight.

I'm guessing that vampire won't let me take Hikari back so easily. Well, they'll underestimate us to keep their pride, so I'll manage...

The other vampires occupy Saltymizuki, Shinoa and Yoichi as Blondie watches their strength bloom.

"Are you gonna sit there and watch or will you fight with us?! Mitsuba!!" I encourage, rolling over to take back Hikari.

"No you won't, livestock!" The vampire yells, throwing his sword with the intention of piercing my hand although, I backflip away.

"Try me! I'll get Hikari back with ease!" I laugh. With that, I dive for Hikari and grab the Katanas with speed and precision.

I create a spear with black smoke and let it shoot the vampire, striking right through, but not killing him.

"Haha, humans are despicable? Ready to betray their own brethren just to save a family member who's been taken hostage? That's correct." I glare.

"Humans would do anything to save their family. They're ready to lie, and turn themselves into devils and demons. If that's what you mean by despicable... Then tremble in fear as this despicable humans kills you, vampires!" Yuu says, out of breath, scars on his face, and curse swirls on his skin.

"Your friends are dead. It's only you left. Any last words?" I say, ready to activate the curse.
"Kill me, you despicable human."

"That's all? Man, you vampires and your pride." And with that, the curse is activated and the vampire turn to ash with hostility still in his heart.

«•»

After killing all the vampires, we gather the 'livestock' and set up a shelter, outside the station.

I look to the right as the young girl comes running towards us with tears in her eyes,
"I-I'm really sorry... I-I..."

"Hey, don't worry. You were only protecting your loved ones. It's alright!" I smile.
"B-But..."

"You did the right thing. You don't need to apologise." Yuu smiles.

"What did you just do?! Why did you kill those vampires?!" I hear a yelling coming closer to us and cover my ears from how loud they are.

Who is that...? So loud...

"Now that they're gone, what will become of us? What will become of the children?!"

A dad. I see now... They no longer have promised protection from the vampires as they're dead... He can't protect his kids...

"What the hell is he talking about?" I smack Yuu in the head for being insensitive.
"D-dad..."

He's the girl's father. I get the situation now...

"The Japanese Imperial Army said that due to demographic regulations, we aren't allowed to live in Shibuya or Shinjuku. But what about the people who are forced to live outside the walls?! Who will protect us from the monsters prowling out here?!" He complains, slightly more quieter.

"You're just pampered, high-class brats who grew up behind the safety of the city walls, and then you come out here to play hero!"

That's it...

"Sir, as frustrating as this is... I understand what this is like for you... having innocent children to take care of after being able to leave the grasp of controllers. It will be hard to keep them safe, but... You'll succeed because you love them that much! I was brought up as cattle where we were fed well and given a false sense of safety that would disappear if we weren't smart enough. Because of that, my siblings were killed and I couldn't do anything to help them. I've lost so many people ... I don't regret escaping, but I do regret not being able to protect them... so protect your kids with your life. Please... Don't end up like me..."

"So what...? Damn you... I... I... It's not like... I never wanted to let them take blood from the children!" Tears steam from his eyes as his family comforts him.

They're happy now... although, they've got a long road ahead of them...

"I'm sorry for what I said. Thank you... for saving my daughter." He smiles.
"Learnt from the best, sir!" I give a wide grin and a thumbs up.

"Wait a second. Shibuya is expanding. I think they will be able to find shelter for a small group such as yours." Shinoa proposes.

"What?! Really?!" The man exclaims.
"Sure. Come on. Let's go."

I walk away, knowing they'll be safe although, a heaviness sets on my shoulders.

Blondie and Yuu follow behind me,
"What you said back there, was it true?" Blondie asks.
"...Which part? I said a bit too much." I chuckle, hiding my sadness.

"Your siblings were killed..."
"Haha, I was weak back then, but I won't let my new family die again. Never!" I say, with a new profound determination.

"Wait." Yuu calls as Blondie leaves.
"Yuu..."

"You're really strong... but I'll be the one protecting you! You won't have to carry the burden!"

Em...ma...?

"O-oi! Don't start crying now!"
"I-I can't help it! Don't just stand there! G-grab me a tissue or something...!"

A new... family, huh...? I won't make the same mistake twice...!

(2314 Words)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8K 217 11
โ““โ“˜โ“ขโ“’โ“žโ“โ“ฃโ“˜โ“โ“คโ“”โ““ หš เผ˜โœถ โ‹†๏ฝกหš โ€โžท ฮฑฮท ั”ัƒั” ฦ’ฯƒั ฮฑฮท ั”ัƒั”. ฮฑ โ„“ั”g ฦ’ฯƒั ฮฑ โ„“ั”g. ฮฑ ั•ะฝฯƒั‚ ฮนฮท ั‚ะฝั” ะฝั”ฮฑัั‚ โˆ‚ฯƒั”ั•ฮท'ั‚ ะผฮฑะบั” ฮนั‚ ฯ…ฮท-ะฒัั”ฮฑะบ. ส/ษด แดกแด€s แด€ สแดแดœษดษข ส™แดส ส™แดส€ษด ษชษดแด›แด แด›สœแด‡ แด˜แด€ส€แด€แด…ษชsแด‡...
31.3K 1.6K 34
โ” โ”โ”โ”โ” ใ€Œๆ•‘ไธ–ใ€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ•ฎ ยก! โ—›โ‘…ยทเผ˜ โ๐—œ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜ ๐˜๐—ผ ๐—ด๐—ฒ๐˜ ๐˜๐—ผ ๐—ธ๐—ป๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟโž โ๐—•๐˜‚๐˜ ๐—œ ๐—ฑ๐—ผ๐—ป'๐˜ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐˜๐—ผ ๐—ด๐—ฒ๐˜ ๐˜๐—ผ ๐—ธ๐—ป๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟโž .แฐใ€Œ๐˜...
129K 4.4K 51
/๐—นฤ“๐—น/ ๐—ฎ๐—ฑ๐—ท๐—ฒ๐—ฐ๐˜๐—ถ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ. ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜†๐—ฎ๐—น ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ฑ ๐—ต๐—ผ๐—ป๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜. ๐๐ž๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฌ๐ข๐ฌ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐Š๐ž๐ข๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ค๐ž ๐๐š๐ฃ๐ข ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ ๐ž๐ญ ๐ข๐ง๐ฏ๐จ๐ฅ๐ฏ๐ž๏ฟฝ...
4.8K 286 17
๐“๐จ๐ฆ ๐‡๐ข๐๐๐ฅ๐ž๐ฌ๐ญ๐จ๐ง ๐ข๐ฌ ๐š ๐ ๐ซ๐ž๐š๐ญ ๐š๐œ๐ญ๐จ๐ซ ๐ฐ๐ก๐จ ๐ซ๐ž๐š๐œ๐ก๐ž๐ ๐š๐ญ ๐ข๐ญ๐ฌ ๐ฉ๐ž๐š๐ค ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ฌ๐ฎ๐œ๐œ๐ž๐ฌ๐ฌ. ๐๐จ๐ญ ๐จ๐ง๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐ก๐ž ๐ข๐ฌ ๏ฟฝ...