Almost

By MyMushroomSelf1

When Avery is taken away from her father after years of abuse shes put with the Dalys. With 6 new older broth... More

^ O N E ^
^ T W O ^
^ T H R E E ^
° F O U R °
° F I V E °
° S I X °
< S E V E N >
< E I G H T >
< N I N E >
¬ T E N ¬
¬ E L E V E N ¬
¬ T W E L V E ¬
* T H I R T E E N *
* F O U R T E E N *
* F I F T E E N *
¦ S I X T E E N ¦
¦ S E V E N T E E N ¦
¦ E I G H T E E N ¦
× N I N E T E E N ×
× T W E N T Y ×
× T W E N T Y - O N E ×
> T W E N T Y - T W O <
> T W E N T Y - T H R E E <
> T W E N T Y - F O U R <
~ T W E N T Y - F I V E ~
~ T W E N T Y - S I X ~
~ T W E N T Y - S E V E N ~
§ T W E N T Y - E I G H T §
§ T W E N T Y - N I N E §
§ T H I R T Y §
¶ T H I R T Y - O N E ¶
¶ T H I R T Y - T W O ¶
¶ T H I R T Y - T H R E E ¶
¡ T H I R T Y - F O U R ¡
! T H I R T Y - F I V E !
! T H I R T Y - S I X !
+ T H I R T Y - S E V E N +
+ T H I R T Y - E I G H T +
+ T H I R T Y - N I N E +
. F O U R T Y .
. F O U R T Y - O N E .
. F O U R T Y - T W O .
_ F O U R T Y - T H R E E _
_ F O U R T Y - F O U R _
_ F O U R T Y - F I V E _
: F O R T Y - S I X :
: F O R T Y - S E V E N :
: F O R T Y - E I G H T :
- F I F T Y -
- F I F T Y - O N E -
. F I F T Y - T W O .
_ F I F T Y - T H R E E _
_ F I F T Y - F O U R _
_ F I F T Y - F I V E _
| F I F T Y - S I X |
| F I F T Y - S E V E N |
| F I F T Y - E I G H T |
/ F I F T Y - N I N E \
/ S I X T Y \
/ S I X T Y - O N E \
= S I X T Y - T W O =
= S I X T Y - T H R E E =
= S I X T Y - F O U R =
; S I X T Y - F I V E ;

- F O R T Y - N I N E -

11.3K 333 134
By MyMushroomSelf1

((Averys outfit ^^))

Avery's POV:

I watch Alessandro's car drive away and thump myself on the forehead scolding myself for bringing it up. I should've just kept my mouth shut and not said a word about it. I sigh turning around knowing that there was nothing  I could do about it now.

I look at the gates of the house and again sigh heavily remembering what had happened hours before and I was just not ready to face it at all. I thought I was doing fine now that John was gone but I really wasn't. If I wasn't able to deal with even hearing his name, I wasn't sure how I was gonna deal with even visiting him. If I did that is. 

I type in the code to the sidewalk gate and it buzzes letting me through and automatically shuts a few seconds after I pass through. I walk slowly towards the front door hoping time would go slowly so whatever it was I was going to have to deal with after opening the door wouldn't come as fast. 

I step up the porch stairs and bring my hand up to ring the doorbell since I didn't have my keys with me. My hands stop inches away from the bell and I drop it down to my side turning away and pulling at my hair. I couldn't. 

A pace back and forth in front of the door contemplating whether or not I should ring the doorbell or not. I decide on the latter and lean on the wall near the door sliding down to a sitting position. I bring my knees up to my chest, hugging my legs I rest my head on my knees. I wasn't going to go in. I would stay out here for the night and hopefully, when I went in tomorrow it would all be forgotten. 

I sit up and zip up my jacket before hugging my legs again. I close my eyes hoping for some sleep in the rather uncomfortable position and manage to find some and drift off...

Flashback

"She's not just my child, she's yours too!" John screams.

"Even if she is that doesn't mean you can't take care of her!" Mom yells back. 

"Can't you see I'm busy with work!"  

"Then get a babysitter!" 

"Why should I get a babysitter when you're here sitting on your ass all day?"  

I turn the volume of my headphones all the way up, drowning their voices out. A few stray tears roll down my cheek and I quickly wipe them off. 

Fighting. It's all they've been doing and I'm sure it's all they'd do as time went on. It always started off as something small, like one of them forgetting to switch something off or leaving things lying around, then it'd escalate into something bigger. 

I was sick and tired of it. It was as if they found it to be some kind of hobby, yelling at each other all day and night, then receiving noise complaints from the neighbours. That's how loud they were. 

"I'm not doing this anymore John. I cant." I hear my mom say through the music. 

"Can't do what?" John asks not shouting anymore and this time I switch off the music getting up from my bed and kneeling with my ear against the door. 

"This. Us. We were never like this before, now we're always arguing. All I want is to spend time with you yet all you wanna do is spend time working instead of me, your wife." Mom says and Her voice cracks and I know she's crying.

"How else am I supposed to earn money for us to live if I don't work, Janet? We have a child if you've forgotten, instead of crying about not spending time with me, spend time with her?" John says and I frown when he mentions me.

"I don't want to spend time with her, I've already spent so much time with her, it as though you're drifting away from both of us. I want to spend time with you! You're never with us, you're always out drinking with your mates at the pub." She cries and I hear John sigh loudly. 

"Alright, alright. I won't go to work tomorrow ok? Happy now? We'll have the day together just you and me, yeah?" John says softly but with an ounce of annoyance. 

I move away from the door feeling sour. The way she said it made it seem as though she hated me. As though I was the reason for their arguments. 

I pick up my phone wanting to do something reckless. I dial the number and wait for the person to pick up. 

"Hello." He says. 

"Hey. You free right now?" 

End of flashback 

I toss and turn feeling sticky with sweat and groan. I shoot up in a sitting position disoriented but remembering that last night I was outside on the porch, yet now, looking around, I was in my room. 

Movement catches my eye and I turn to the small couch in my room to see Damon sleeping on it uncomfortably. As though he feels my stare on him he sits up and looks at me. He doesn't say anything but flush a light shade of pink and scowls leaving my room. 

Minutes after Damon leaves, Sheila enters my room and closes the door.

"Avery. Are you alright? Did you sleep well? Where were you? Why didn't you answer our calls? Do you know how many times we called you?" She bombards me with many questions at once and I blink trying to come up with answers for them all.

"I'm fine. I slept well I guess, and I was with a friend. And sorry, I just... I just didn't want to talk." I answer starting to feel bad as I see the worry on her face. 

"Why didn't you come in last night? Poor Damon was so worried when he saw you outside on the floor, he carried you all the way to your room and insisted on staying in your room to  make sure you were alright." She says all at once and my eyes widen.

He was the person I least expected to do that for me. My lip quirks to the side in a small smile but I quickly suck my lips into my mouth before Sheila could see. 

"Oh. I'm sorry."

 "Its alright dear. It's my fault though. I should've waited until we were home to have told you. I'm sure it was such a shock." She explains.

"It's alright. I should've expected it." I say hoping to cease her worry.

"So... Will you visit him?" She asks studying my face.

I open my mouth to speak and close it again. 

"If you're not ready it's ok. You can visit him in your own time or not at all. I saw the kind of pain that man put you through so I get if you wouldn't want to associate with him. I'll give you time to think if you want to or not." She smiles at me before turning to leave for my room. 

Just before she reaches for the handle of the door she looks at me again. "As much as you hate and fear him, who knows, prison is a place that helps people change for the change and maybe John might be one of those people." 

I let her words sink in and watch as she leaves my room. I doubt that John might've changed but she could be right and I would never know unless I went to see him. I wouldn't truly be able to let go of all the feelings of fear, hatred and sadness if I didn't. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I stand at Elena's front door and ring the bell. 

I play with the hem of my cropped orange top. I wore it with white straight-legged joggers that had an orange stripe that went down both legs. I wore white shoes and had a white bag that held everything I needed with me. I had decided to put my hair in a ponytail and left a few stray strands out to frame my face. 

I hear the jangle of the doorknob and the door opens revealing Elena. She smiles at me brushing her red air behind her ear. She moves to the side and motions me in.

"Hi." She says as she closes the door behind me.

"Hey," I say with a smile.

"Let's go up to my room, we won't be bothered there." She says and we go to the stairs.

Her house is also large and modern but not as large as the Daly's and as we go up the stairs and walk to her room I admire the pictures that were hung on the walls. We pass a few doors before she opens one and steps inside pulling me in and shutting the door.

"Your rooms nice.." I say trying to ease the tension I felt.

I looked around her room. Band posters of bands I've never heard before covered every inch of her walk. Her bed was pushed to the corner of the room next to her large window and a desk stood near the door and TV on the wall. 

"Thanks." She says and she sits down on her bed and pats the space next to her motioning for me to sit down. 

"So..." I start when I sit down. 

"Well... To cut things short I like girls." She says bluntly cutting to the chase. 

"Yeah, I figured when I saw you and the girl," I say with a small smile.

"Yup, I hope you don't mind..." She trails off looking at me anxiously.

I grin at her to ease her worry. "We all love who we want, there's nothing we can do about it." 

She chuckles, playing with a strand of her hair. "I haven't told anyone but my family and now you. If you don't mind could you-" 

"Its fine I won't say anything to the others." I finish off for her. 

"Thanks." She says. 

It's quiet for a few moments before I decide to speak again. "When did you know?" 

She ponders over the question before answering. "Well, when my friends would talk about boys I wasn't really interested in them at all. And when I got my first boyfriend I... I hated kissing him. There were many other things too but I guess I confirmed my sexuality when I went abroad with my family two years ago to Italy and met a girl that I really liked and from there on it kind of all fell into place." 

"Oh," I say processing everything. "Are you still in contact with her?"

"Nope. It was just a fling." She shrugged and I nod my head in understanding. 

Elena and I spend the next few hours at her house just talking about random things and eating snacks. It was fun spending time with just her and me alone without Faith and Veronica. It was great getting to know her and I could see how relieved she felt being able to comfortably talk to someone who knew her secret without having to constantly try not to slip up and I was happy.

But I also felt guilty. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys I hope ye liked this chapter and had a great day. I had a freezing cold water fight with my friends today lol. What did ye guys do today?? Also istg I'm not ready for school tomorrow *dramatically rolls eyes*

Anyways slater broooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Vote|Comment|Share|Follow

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Reunited By Rebecca

General Fiction

254K 10.4K 29
She had always felt like an out cast, she knew her family hated her but she didn't understand why. maybe it was because they never truly wanted her...
1.8M 49.5K 50
"𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝘄𝗼𝗿𝗹𝗱 𝗳𝗼𝗼𝗹𝘀 𝘂𝘀 𝗶𝗻𝘁𝗼 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗶𝘁 𝗶𝘀 𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗱 𝗯𝘆 𝗴𝗶𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘂𝘀 𝗽𝗲𝗼𝗽𝗹𝗲 𝘁𝗼 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲, 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗻 𝘁𝗮𝗸𝗲...
3.1M 77.4K 44
"𝐒𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝'𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐧 𝐚 𝐛𝐮𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐦, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐬 𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐮𝐧." ▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪...
2.2M 70.3K 46
Due to sad circumstances Elisabeth is forced to move into her estranged father's house and to her surprise she learns that she has three older brothe...