Screen name: Deku (quirkless...

By Truse_needs_sleep

The first chapter is dedicated to the changes I've implemented, this was inspired by a "Deku? I think he's so... More

Changes, context and whatever else
The sludge monster
Lost everything.
Meeting Hitoshi Shinso
Newfound inspiration
Training, connections and a little bit of deception
His first case
Thats what friends are for
Deku, the slow rise and temporary fall
The day before the exam
Day of the exam
Day of the exam part 2
Day of the exam part 3
Meeting deku
The first day of the apprenticeship
an important conversation
brand new perspective
surprisingly quick recovery
Midoriya is starting to scare aizawa
explaining what happened to shinso
getting settled into his temporary home
learning to use a knife
the all nighter + drug bust
important!!!
Update on rewriting progress
I'm somehow still alive :)

nezus first lesson

3.3K 108 200
By Truse_needs_sleep

I got this idea from another quirkless deku story, I can't remember the title but when I do I will try to link it also posting half an hour early, not much difference but my sleep schedule is slowly getting back on track. I did try to go to sleep at 9pm but here I am at 11:30pm still awake- although I will admit I'm a little tired.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"ah, hello Midoriya. you have quite the habit of ending up here. anyway, aizawa tells me you still want to learn and I cannot say no to a curios mind. today I will be teaching you the basics of manipulating the publics opinion. this is a very useful skill to have, can you tell me why?"

"some villans have an ideology that gather a following leading to more crimes."

"great, so its best we destroy their reputation before we take them into custody otherwise there would be uproar. I would like you to practice destroying the reputation of something you hate."

"were not be publishing an of this right?"

"that's entirely up to you."

"can I do it on my school?"

"I dont see why not. maybe your personal experience can help prove your point."

"my personal experience?"

"its clear you have been getting bullied for a while and I suspect the teachers looked the other way or even endorsed it. I also suspect they have been down grading your papers because you dont have a quirk considering how smart you are isn't reflected in your grades."

"not really, im just bad at maths and English."

"you write quirk profiles for heros. has anyone pointed out any mistakes yet?"

"no... I dont think so anyway..."

"then I assume that there I nothing wrong with your writing skills."

"well that's because its mostly facts and theory's. my creative writing skills are awful, I always get the lowest score in class."

"I suspect that is because your quirkless, while you research your school I would also like to take this as a chance to investigate. once you have done surface level research I would like you to try and get a warrant to search the premises and their data. you will go there with a teacher of your choice and execute the warrant, you will download the data onto a flash drive but I would also like you to get a warrant to hack into their system to look for any hidden files, this will double as your hacking lessons"

"hacking lessons? why would i need that?"

"you wouldn't"

"then why are you teaching me it?"

"its an especially difficult subject and I enjoy seeing people struggle with it."

"oh... okay? I'm not sure if that's a good thing for the principal of the school raising the next hero generation to say and I'm getting a little worried but I will try my best anyway."

"good choice, now you can have this school laptop while yours is being processed with tsukauchi at the station. we will first draft what you think of the school as of now and how you would destroy its reputation with the limited amount of information we have."

"okay, how should i start it?"

"this is a test of your skills and ideas not mine, start if however you want."

it only took him an hour to write an article that would probably destroy the school, nezu read it within 20 minutes. it was killing deku to have to wait that long.

"you haven't included any of your personal experience, you told it as an outside person that makes it a lot less effective. you also didn't use much emotive writing and just presented the facts, you didn't tie it all together. when writing an article like this everything should come full circle, weather it be in this article or if it is published as a series of articles. articles of a series tend to have more effect as people are eager to read the next one, its also better for chipping away instead of completely destroying their reputation. sometimes you have to play the long game or it would cause chaos among the people. i wold like you to try again but instead take into account everything I said, you should also try researching cases. you will be constantly re-writing this article, or articles if you decide you want to break it down, over the next week and adding more evidence. you should also think of other kids in not only your school, but schools over japan who have to go through the same thing as you. you said you didn't want to publish the article but please consider it while researching. it would also help for you to look through other schools in japan too and try to get some more statistics to prove your point."

"okay, thanks nezu. i will, but im still not sure on publishing it."

"that's fine but you must write them as if you were going to though, not doing that might cost you points"

"points?"

"of course, im grading it!"

"oh... okay."

"aizawa also told me that he would be stealing you on Thursday as you will be staying with him for a bit while your house isn't accessible. he also said you wanted to have the lesson on Wednesday as to not miss out which is fine with me. he said that you will be doing combat training with him which i have asked him to grade so you must try your best. you will be staying here overnight while your wounds heal, you will try to sleep as soon as lessons over so recovery girl can heal you more before she goes home. hound dog is on patrol at night and lunch rush has agreed to return at 7pm to cook you some dinner. hound dog will come help you get into the wheelchair and help you if you struggle using it, once you and hound dog are done eating he will bring you back here so you can sleep. if anything happens press the button beside your bed, its connected to a device recovery girl will give to hound dog. as you probably know hound dog is also our psychiatrist so dont feel afraid to talk to him. you will have your lunch up here as you probably dont want the rest of the staff to see you in this state, aizawa will be bringing it up at 12. i will stay here until lunch. i will return at 1pm to resume our lessons so you have 1 hour to use the school laptop to play games or something. you will only be able to use it to play games at that time as all games are blocked during lesson time."

"okay, i think i got all that. thanks nezu for letting me stay. ill have to thank hound dog, lunch rush and aizawa later."

"you should also thank present mic, he was the one who drove you here."

"I will. I don't know why your all helping me this much but I'm really glad you are, i didn't have the best opinion of heros before this but I know I was overreacting now."

"oh?"

"I had a bad experience with one, they weren't like they appeared on tv. I'm kinda sad I missed the entrance exam now... shinso believed in me and you seem to as well, I shouldn't have let others get to me like they did."

"well that is excellent news, we no longer have to try to work around the subject. we were going to let you into the hero course if you did well in the apprenticeship, aizawa saw potential in you and your friend vouched for you. we were going to let you in. aizawas combat training was scheduled for the second week."

"shinso and aizawa vouched for me? you let me just because of what they said? they could've been wrong or lying."

"I have seen you and shinso cleaning the beach and running across the buildings. your determination alone was enough to get you in."

"how did you even find out we were doing that?"

"when two kids clean up an entire beach full of trash and mostly heavy objects as well as a few cars within two moths word gets around. I knew both of you applied for hero course and I would occasionally pass by to see how you were doing. I was on my way home one of the days from a meeting with your principal for information an his students who applied to the hero course and saw you and shinso running from building to building. you were very efficient and you appeared to be practicing using your support item, you were quick to get use to switching between the mobility and attack. i saw shinso using that attack during the exam, his timing was a little off and that made me wonder how you would do."

"did shinso get in?"

"i cannot disclose that information but he will tell you when he receives his letter. you will also receive a letter as to make it official. during this apprenticeship you will have to try your best as your classmates are very talented and we dont want you to fall behind in combat training. the reason you are learning hacking and effective writing is because its not part of the school curriculum, your learning combat because yours is self taught and sloppy. you will also be learning to use weapons and knives as well as objects you might find during a fight just in case your weapon is taken away from you. tsukauchi has agreed to let you use the police departments shooting range and you will be able to get a gun licence once they teach you the rules of it. you won't be firing actual bullets unless the situation is dire, you will be using rubber ones instead and taught where to hit the pressure points for it to be most effective. in the field you will be given tranquiliser bullets but they are expensive so they are also a last resort. I also know you have some ideas of your own and the support course students will gladly help you make them, but they bust be approved by the government before they can be used in the field which means you should get the support items you have now approved as soon as possible. the government would also like a copy of the designs, any support items you make or design must be locked away safely so no villans can get a hold of them. I suggest you leave them here, we have a spare room which can be your office, no one is allowed in but yourself, the government officials and anyone who has been granted permission by me."

"how will i know they've been given permission by you?"

"there will be a lock on the door which only opens when you, me or the government official want to get in. i will escort them in and you will have to let them out. its as simple as that."

"okay. but how can i use my quirk analysis skills?"

"during combat you can use it to discover their weaknesses."

"but i also want to help them, i can't exploit their weaknesses without helping them improve"

"i see, i could try getting you a teaching position where you consult people on their quirks, it would help you with your money situation and no other school has anyone with your skill set. this would hugely help the school and i think the board would agree that you will be very helpful."

"your going to hire me? but what about the apprenticeship and the fact im a student?"

"your apprenticeship finishes when school starts and you could still be a student here. you can consult people during lunches and work on your support items after school, you will have a staff badge so you can stay extra hours. you will be leaving lesson early and eat with the staff who dont have any classes that day. then during everyone elses lunch you will be in your office most of the time helping anyone who walks in. the room with your support items and designs in will be connected to your office but the door must be hidden somehow so students dont get curious and try to get in. it will still have the same lock but maybe you hide it behind a bookshelf"

"this is a lot of work just for me. are you sure you want to do this nezu?"

"yes, you are my prized student."

"really? you've known me for 3 days and so far 2/3 of them I've been hurt."

"exactly"

"..."

"..."

"..."

"oh look, its lunch. i will go eat now. aizawa will be here soon."

"okay, I'll continue writing the article after lunch."

geez nezu is scary. is it ok for him to be the one in charge of the future hero generation?

authors note:

I've never written this much in a day my entire life. Nezu is one of my favourite characters but writing for him is hell, he talks almost as much as I do.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

72.5K 2.5K 25
In the summer before high school, Deku went missing. But dispite his disappearance, Bakugōu got into UA just as he'd planned. Now the number one hero...
673K 23.9K 29
~~~completed~~~ "would you like a quirk Midoriya? Well we can help with that" __ "You killed them! You fucking killed them" "It wouldn't have happe...
23.8K 553 25
🎉*Completed*🎊 Izuku Midoriya was a quirkless boy who wanted to be a hero really badly but couldn't for his lack of a quirk. People around him would...
48K 1.1K 49
For all you newcomers here's part 1: https://www.wattpad.com/595016082-bnha-boyfriend-scenarios-intro for the rest of you, LETS GOOOOO!