Angel Of My Imagination - Nat...

By Thompson1317

To the outside world, Evalina Devin is seen as an average women. She works at a café in New York and that is... More

Extended Summary
Playlist
Part 1
Cast for Part 1
Chapter 1: Assistance
Chapter 2: Just the Beginning
Chapter 3: Nightmares
Chapter 4: Damage
Chapter 5: The Battle of New York Pt 1
Chapter 6: The Battle of New York Pt 2
Chapter 7: Goodbyes
Part 2
Cast for Part 2
Chapter 8: On High Alert
Chapter 9: Discoveries
Chapter 10: Pain
Chapter 11: Gone
Chapter 12: Conversation
Chapter 13: Elevator Catastrophe
Chapter 14: Lost and Found
Chapter 15: The Timer
Chapter 16: Where It Started
Chapter 17: The Truth
Chapter 18: A Friend
Chapter 20: Bucky?
Chapter 21: Survivor
Chapter 22: The Beginning to an End
Chapter 23: One Step Closer
Chapter 24: Restart
Part 3
Cast for Part 3
Chapter 25: New Recruit
Chapter 26: Stark
Chapter 27: Family
Chapter 28: Two Introductions
Chapter 29: Reasoning?
Chapter 30: Left Behind
Chapter 31: Take a Break
Chapter 32: Mind Games
Chapter 33: Unwanted Goodbyes
Chapter 34: Vision
Chapter 35: Savior
Chapter 36: Lose to Win
Chapter 37: Memories
Part 4
Cast for Part 4
Chapter 38: Next Step

Chapter 19: What did you just say?

1.7K 78 3
By Thompson1317

What did you just say?

~~~

"So, the question is, who at S.H.I.E.L.D. could launch a domestic missile strike?" Natasha asks after we are done eating.

"Pierce," I say as I stand up from my seat.

"Who happens to be sitting on top of the most secure building in the world," Natasha says as she moves to stand next to me.

"He's not working alone," Steve says, "Zola's algorithm was on the Lemurian Star."

"So was Jasper Sitwell," Natasha says in realization.

"I don't like him," I mumble.

Steve looks towards her with realization as well. "So the real question is how do three of the most wanted people in Washington kidnap a S.H.I.E.L.D. officer in broad daylight?" Steve asks.

"The answer is, you don't," Sam says walking over to us before placing a photo and folder on the table.

"What's this?" Steve asks standing up.

"Call it a resume," Sam replies and I glance at him.

I grab the photo and Steve and Natasha look at it with me. "Is this Bakhmala?" I ask Sam, "The Khalid Khandil mission, that was you?"

"You didn't say he was a Pararescue," Natasha says to Steve as I hand him the photo.

"Is this Riley?" Steve asks him.

"Yeah."

"I hear the couldn't bring in the choppers because of the RPGs," Natasha says glancing at the photo then looking at Sam, "What did you use? A stealth chute?"

"No," Sam says before grabbing the folder and handing it to Steve, "These."

I look over Steve shoulders and smile. "Now this is what I like to see," I say as I take the folder out of Steve's hands and look at the flying suit.

"I thought you sad you were a pilot," Steve says looking at Sam.

"I never said pilot," Sam says and I chuckle while looking at the picture.

"I can't ask you to do this, Sam," Steve tells him, "You got out for a good reason."

"Dude, Captain America needs my help. There's no better way to get back in it," Same replies.

Steve smiles and takes the folder out of my hands. "Where can we get our hands on one of these things?" He asks.

"The last one is in Fort Meade. Behind three guarded gates and a 12-inch steel wall," Sam says looking at all of us.

Steve glances at me and I just smile at him then he looks at Natasha and she shrugs. "Won't be problem," I say walking up to Sam and patting him on the shoulder before walking past him.

----------

Later that day

It was easy getting Sam's suit. Now Steve, Natasha, and I are waiting on a roof. Sam is on the ground and is going to call Jasper Sitwell when he walks out from lunch.

Right now, Steve is looking at the restaurant to let Natasha and I know when Sitwell walks out. I am leaning against a wall tracing the sniper in my hand. "Why do you look so down?" Natasha asks as she walks up to me.

"I'm not down," I tell her with a smile and she chuckles.

"Sure," she says leaning against the wall next to me, "But really Eva, what's up?"

I am about to answer when Steve speaks up. "We got it," Steve says and Natasha and I walk over to and we see Sitwell walking out of the restaurant.

"Just got the confirmation from Sam," Natasha says as she looks at her phone and puts it away.

"Set up, Evalina," Steve tells me.

I set up my sniper and focus on Sitwell. I keep my red laser off until we get the signal from Sam. "He's talking to the Senator," I tell them as I continue my aim on Sitwell, "I hate him."

Sam is going to call Sitwell's phone. Natasha was able to hack his phone so when Sam calls it look like Pierce is calling him. "Security guards are gone and target is on the phone," I tell Steve and Natasha.

"Now," Steve tells me and I switch the red laser on.

I chuckle when Sitwell looks down at his tie and see the red dot on it. "Got it," I say as I hold my sniper steady.

"He's going," Natasha says as Sitwell walks to where Sam told him to go.

"Sweet," I say standing up and turning off the laser.

I place my sniper in the black bag next to me and we walk downstairs. We see the car that Sam brought Sitwell in. I place the bag with my gun in the trunk before walking around and grabbing Sitwell out of the back seat by his collar. "Let me go," Sitwell grunts as I drag him to the roof.

"You better shut up before your tie isn't the only thing red," I tell him as we get to the top of the stairs. I open the door and throw Sitwell out onto the roof.

"Tell me about Zola's algorithm," Steve demands walking towards Sitwell.

"Never heard of it," Sitwell says as he walks backwards.

"What were you doing on the Lemurian Star?" Steve asks.

"I was throwing up. I get seasick," Sitwell says but panics when his feet hot the edge of the roof.

Steve grabs his collar and pulls him back up. "Is this little display meant to insinuate that you're gonna throw me off the roof? Because it's really not your style, Rogers," Sitwell tell him.

"You're right. It's not," Steve tells him and Natasha glances at him, "It's theirs."

Steve let's go of Sitwell and Sitwell's eyes go wide when he look at us. I pull him towards us before Natasha kicks him off the roof. "Oh wait. What about the girl from accounting, Laura . . ." Natasha trails off as she starts to think of the name for a potential lover for Steve.

"Lillian," Steve says cutting her off, "Lip piercing, right?"

"Yeah, she's cute," Natasha says and I clear my throat with raised eyebrows.

Natasha glances at me with a smirk which makes me chuckle since I know she isn't serious.

"Yeah. I'm not ready for that," Steve says making me laugh.

Sam is then flying above us with Sitwell in his hand screaming then drops him on the roof. Sam lands behind and Natasha, Steve, and I make our way towards Sitwell. "Zola's algorithm is a program, for choosing Insights' targets," Sitwell quickly says holding up his hand.

"What targets?" Steve asks him.

"You!" Sitwell says gesturing at Steve, "A TV anchor in Cairo, the Under Secretary of Defense, a high school valedictorian in Iowa City, Bruce Banner, Stephen Strange, anyone who's a threat to HYDRA."

Natasha loos at Steve and I with some shock. "Now, or in the future?" Sitwell says and I look at him confused.

"The future?" I ask him, "How could it know?"

Sitwell chuckles and looks at us. "How could it not?" He asks before standing up, "The 21st century is a digital book. Sola taught HYDRA how to read it. Your bank records, medical histories, voting patterns, emails, phone calls, your damn SAT scores?"

Sitwell then stops and look directly at me. "Even adoption papers," he tells with a smile me and I look at him confused.

"What did you just say?" I ask him.

"What?" He asks, "You think you are actually a Devin? Zola only says legal names, not birth one's. You have been lied to your entire life."

I glare at him and I go to stand in front of him, but Natasha holds me back. "Zola's algorithm evaluates people's past to predict their future," Sitwell say looking at Steve.

"And what then?"

Sitwell breathes heavily before looking at the ground. "Oh my God, Pierce is gonna kill me," he says.

"What then?" Steve asks again.

"Then the Insight hellicariers scratch people off the list. A few million at a time."

~~~

So, Evalina is apparently adopted. Do you think Jasper Sitwell was telling the truth. Next chapter they will be encountering the Winter Soldier. Don't forget to vote, comment, and stay safe!

~ The Author

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

548K 12.7K 52
Fifteen years ago, Natasha Romanoff, more commonly known as Black Widow, created a genetically-modified embryo with Tony Stark's help. Before the emb...
49.6K 1.3K 39
Raven, 24 years old, ex well train military and spy living in Washington DC, ex assassin, taking care of her two nephews, now boxing in illegal fight...
9K 355 28
IT'S OKAY. In which Elena Reyes goes on more of the adventure she dislikes. Or In which Elena Reyes loses a lot but also gains the love of her life...
1.9M 66.6K 192
Nova Black is a 20 year old that was infected with a parasite. Nick Fury found out about her and called her in for the Avengers. What happens when sh...