Angel Of My Imagination - Nat...

By Thompson1317

To the outside world, Evalina Devin is seen as an average women. She works at a café in New York and that is... More

Extended Summary
Playlist
Part 1
Cast for Part 1
Chapter 1: Assistance
Chapter 2: Just the Beginning
Chapter 3: Nightmares
Chapter 4: Damage
Chapter 5: The Battle of New York Pt 1
Chapter 6: The Battle of New York Pt 2
Chapter 7: Goodbyes
Part 2
Cast for Part 2
Chapter 8: On High Alert
Chapter 9: Discoveries
Chapter 10: Pain
Chapter 11: Gone
Chapter 12: Conversation
Chapter 13: Elevator Catastrophe
Chapter 14: Lost and Found
Chapter 15: The Timer
Chapter 16: Where It Started
Chapter 17: The Truth
Chapter 19: What did you just say?
Chapter 20: Bucky?
Chapter 21: Survivor
Chapter 22: The Beginning to an End
Chapter 23: One Step Closer
Chapter 24: Restart
Part 3
Cast for Part 3
Chapter 25: New Recruit
Chapter 26: Stark
Chapter 27: Family
Chapter 28: Two Introductions
Chapter 29: Reasoning?
Chapter 30: Left Behind
Chapter 31: Take a Break
Chapter 32: Mind Games
Chapter 33: Unwanted Goodbyes
Chapter 34: Vision
Chapter 35: Savior
Chapter 36: Lose to Win
Chapter 37: Memories
Part 4
Cast for Part 4
Chapter 38: Next Step

Chapter 18: A Friend

1.7K 89 3
By Thompson1317

A Friend

~~~
"Evalina," I hear a voice say and I open my eyes to see Natasha looking down at me, "We're here."

"How did I get to laying on your lap? Not that I'm complaining," I ask as I sit up when I feel a wave of sickness.

"I woke up and just moved you," Natasha tells me with a smile and I nod.

"Alright, come on," Steve says getting out of he car.

I look at Natasha one last time before opening the car door. The soot covering her face along with some tiredness. I help her out of the car and I wrap my arm around her waist to steady her. Once I am holding her, I look around the neighborhood and watch as Steve walks ahead of us to a house.

Natasha and I follow behind him and Steve looks at us then our surroundings before knocking on the door. "Hey man," the guy says as he opens the door.

"I'm sorry about this. We need a place to lay low," Steve tells him.

"Everyone we know is trying to kill us."

Nice on being straightforward with him, Nat.

He looks at her then at me then looks at Steve. "Not everyone," he says moving aside and letting us in. Natasha and I walk in first with Steve following behind us.

"What's going on?" He asks as we walk into the living room.

Before anyone responds, I quickly let go of Natasha before finding my way to the bathroom that is in the guest room. I shut the door before kneeling in front of the toilet and emptying the contents from my body. "Evalina?" I hear Natasha's voice from the other side of the door, "Can I come in?"

"Yeah," I say with a raspy voice before leaning over the toilet again.

I hear the door open then shut again. Natasha's hands are then pulling my hair back and putting it up with a hair tie. "I got you," she says rubbing my back. Once I finish, I take a deep breath before standing up with shaky legs.

"Natasha," we hear on the other side of the door, "Sam said there are extra toothbrushes in the draw that Evalina could use." So that's what his name is.

"Thanks, Steve," Natasha says as she grabs one before handing it to me.

I brush my teeth before speaking a word to Nat. I look in the mirror and see her leaning against the door once I finish. "The last time I saw that happen to you was when you couldn't heal many years ago. What was that?" Natasha asks concerned.

I turn to face her and shrug. "I have no idea. Besides what just happened, I feel fine. I don't feel weak like I did. I think all of this is just getting to me," I tell her and I notice her eyes soften and she moves to stand in front of me.

"I think it's getting to the both of us," Natasha says as she holds my hand.

"Is Steve telling Sam everything?" I ask.

"Yep. I can tell that Steve trusts him, so we are going to have to go with it," Natasha tells me and I nod.

"Why don't don't you freshen up? I'll see if I can find some new clothes for you to wear," Natasha says with a small smile making me chuckle.

"Alright," I tell her and she turns around before I gently grab her arm.

She turns back and looks at me confused, but then smiles when I pull her in. I cup her cheek and connect our lips. Natasha places her hand on my bicep as she kisses back. After a few seconds we pull away. Both of us have a smile on our faces as we stare into each other's eyes. Natasha kisses me one last time before leaving the bathroom.

I turn on the shower and quickly take off my clothes. I then step in and let the warm water hit my body. I run my fingers through my hair and wince slightly when my hand hits a cut on top of my head. I take my hand out and see blood on it which then disappears because of the water.

"Shit," I say as I finish washing myself.

For all I know, S.H.I.E.L.D. could of contaminated the explosives with the poison that doesn't let me heal, which explains why I threw up. It wasn't enough though to stop the full healing process, only some of it.

After a few minutes I get out of the shower and dry myself. I open the door slightly and see clothes on the bed for me to change into. I quickly change into black jeans and a dark red shirt before drying my hair and then pulling the black leather jacket on.

I throw the towel in the laundry hamper in the room before walking out to see Sam, Natasha, and Steve in the kitchen. "My turn," Natasha says walking past me with a smile.

"Nice to meet you officially," I say as I hold my hand out for Sam, "Evalina."

"Sam, but I assume you already know that," he tells me and I nod.

"You okay, Evalina?" Steve asks, talking about earlier.

"Yeah," I say sitting in a chair, "I'm good. So, Sam. Steve told you the story?" I ask before thanking him as he hands me a glass of water.

"Yep, kind of insane to have three Avengers in my house," he says and I freeze as I look up at him then towards Steve.

"What?" Steve asks me, "It's obvious about Natasha and I. I trust him, alright, so please trust me."

I keep my eyes trained on Steve before looking at Sam. "One word to anyone and you will not see the next day," I tell him sternly and his eyes go wide.

I laugh before taking another sip of my water. "I'm joking," I tell him and he relaxes slightly, "But seriously. Not one peep."

"Got it," Sam says quickly.

"You're good, Steve," I hear Natasha's voice say from the guest room.

Steve send me a look before walking away. "So, sorry for flirting with your girlfriend a few days ago," Sam says breaking the silence and I raise an eyebrow at him, "Come on, it's pretty obvious."

I just nod as I continue drinking my water. "I'm gonna go check on Steve and Natasha," I say before standing up and walking to the guest room, but I stop right before entering when I hear Steve's voice.

"You okay?"

"Yeah," Natasha replies and I lean against the wall. I know it is rude to ease drop, but this is my girlfriend we're talking about. If something is bothering her, I want to know so I can be there for her.

"What's going on?" Steve asks her.

It's silent for a few seconds before Natasha responds. "When I first joined S.H.I.E.L.D. I thought I was going straight," then it's silent for a few seconds again, "but I guess I just traded in the KGB for HYDRA."

I look down at the ground realizing that it's the same for me. "I thought I knew whose lies I was telling, but I guess I can't tell the difference anymore," Natasha says and I feel my heartbreak at her words. Knowing that she feels like this pains me.

"There's a chance you might be in the wrong business," I hear Steve tell her and Natasha lightly chuckles.

"I owe you," I hear Natasha tell him.

"It's okay."

"If it was the other way around, and it was down to either me or Evalina to save your life, now you be honest with me, would you trust us to do it?" Natasha asks and I wait for Steve's answer.

"I would now," he tells her and I smile slightly, "And I'm always honest."

"Well you seem pretty chipper for someone who just found out they died for nothing."

"Well, I guess I just like to know who I'm fighting," Steve says and that's when I walk in.

"Hey, guys," I say with a small smile as I sit besides Nat.

Steve sends me a small smile and Natasha does the same. "I made breakfast," Sam says walking in, "If you guys eat that sort of thing."

"We'll be right there," I tell Steve and he nods as he leaves the room.

"You know," Natasha says making me look at her, "It's rude to ease drop." I chuckle lightly when the smile grows on her face.

"Just have to make sure you're okay," I tell Natasha as I hold her hand.

"I'm always okay with you."

~~~

Well, Evalina is not healing fully like she should be and she finally go properly introduced to Sam. I hope you all enjoyed and don't forget to comment, vote, and stay safe!

~ The Author

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

86.7K 2.8K 26
Everyone knows the famous Natasha Romanoff but only as a soldier. Not many people know what happened in the battle against Thanos but how could she f...
20.7K 814 14
Another one of Starks failed experiments causes a rift in Universes causing their Actor selves from another Parallel Universe to come through. Steve...
107K 2.7K 47
MAY GOD HAVE MERCY ON MY ENEMIES CAUSE' I WON'T. It was only very recently that young Annabelle learned of her true parentage. Thought to be killed i...
715K 25.6K 45
𝐒𝐀𝐑𝐂𝐀𝐒𝐌| ❝Are you ever serious?❞ ❝Sweetheart, serious ...