Monster: Year 1

By IvanBullock

Y/N is a boy who knows little about his life. Experimented on as a child, he was freed by the Creator. Follow... More

A Story About A Boy
Black Cat Arc #1
Black Cat Arc #2
Black Cat Arc #3
Heart of Iron
Welcome to the Program Arc #1
Welcome to the Program Arc #2
Welcome to the Program Arc #3
A Modern Family
The Visions Arc #1
The Visions Arc #2
The Visions Arc #3
The Little Voice
Avengers HQ Arc #1
Avengers HQ Arc #2
School Days
The Unbelievable Arc #1
The Unbelievable Arc #2
The Tale of The Baby Wasp
A Deadly Mistake
The Fist Bros
Yankee Doodles
The Cat and Mouse Arc #1
The Cat and Mouse Arc #2
The Cat and Mouse Arc #3
The Cat and Mouse Arc #4
Monster Problems
The Scarlet Date
Two Wandas
The Iron Arc #1
The Iron Arc #2
The Iron Arc #3
The Iron Arc #4
The Iron Arc #5
Fist Bros 2: The Return of the Fist
The Young Avengers Arc #1
The Young Avengers Arc #2
Team Shorts #1
Monster: Road to X-Men
Monster/X-Men #1
Monster/X-Men #2
Monster/X-Men #3
Monster/X-Men #4
Growing Up and Letting Go
Nova and Monster
Dead Space
The Ten Rings Arc #1
The Ten Rings Arc #2
The Ten Rings Arc #3
The Ten Rings Arc #4
The Ten Rings Arc #5
The Ten Rings Arc #6
The Ten Rings Arc #7
Parties and Such
Strikers
Killers Born Arc #1
Killers Born Arc #2
Killers Born Arc #3
A Story About A Boy

The Unbelievable Arc #3

2.7K 128 73
By IvanBullock

Widow: So, he broke into the lab with some girl in pink?

Janet: Yeah. I came back because there was an alert that someone had broken in. Someone took Hank's old suit.

Widow and Janet were in the Quinjet with Tony, Cap, and Thor. Basically anyone they could gather up at such short notice.

Cap: Y/N stole his suit?

Janet: I don't think so. I thought he did, but he didn't have it on him. Neither did the girl. But I did put a tracker on Y/N.

Widow just sighed.

Widow: I am the worse caretaker ever.

Monster:
Year 1

Nadia flew around the room and fired upon any robot that got too close to Gwen. Those she didn't get, Gwen was more than happy to slice through.

You had 2 minutes and 25 seconds before the base would explode. And you needed to hurry.

Y/N: What isss thisss guy made of?!

You punched the mech again which caused it to stumble back. You used the chance to grab it's leg and swing it around. You then sent it flying across the room and into the wall which caused it to crack.

This thing hardly dented and your claws could hardly really cut it. It was like it was made of a stronger metal than Adamantium.

That alone was a problem.

Nadia: Guys, I think we should make a run for it.

Gwen: I agree with Baby Wasp!

Nadia: I am not a baby! I am, uh....15? I...I don't really know but that's not the point!

You agreed with the idea. You needed to get them out of here before the base went up in flames.

Y/N: Everyone head to the exit!

Nadia nodded and grabbed Gwen. She then flew over the attacking robots while you just charged right through them. With metal parts flying everywhere and a trail of flames behind you, you hurried on all fours towards the exit.

Gwen: How are you this strong?

Nadia: I work out a lot.

Y/N: Thisss isss why no one wasss here. They were going to evacuate it and blow it to bitsss.

Gwen: Leave no evidence behind. I like their style.

But that meant you had no answers. But, the voice did say something that stuck with you. He said something about a Godslayer. Someone name Doom. It wasn't much, but it was something.

Nadia: I see the exit!

Up ahead you could see the night sky. At least you were almost there.

Y/N: We're almossst there!

Yes. Yes you were.

Too bad you were out of time.

You heard something behind you and you looked over your shoulder to see explosions going off everywhere. You hurried towards the door but Nadia and Gwen were falling behind.

Y/N: Damnit!

You leaped up and caught the girls. You held them close as the explosions reached you and sent you flying out into the open. You ended up on the loading bay as the base continued to erupt.

You let go of Nadia and Gwen as Venom returned to your arm. Your jacket was almost completely torn and your shirt was all but destroyed due to the bullets being torn through you.

Y/N: Everyone good?

Gwen: That....was....AWESOME!

She shot up to her feet with her fists in the air.

Gwen: LET'S DO IT AGAIN!

You just shook your head and helped Nadia up to her feet.

Y/N: You alright?

Nadia took off her helmet to breathe a bit better. And suddenly, your heart raced a bit faster. She was....oh God no.

Venom: Ha! You have a crusssh! Dork!

Y/N: How does that make me a dork?

Venom: Becausse I sssaid ssso.

Nadia: Yeah. I'm fine. What about you? That mech shot you to bits.

You just waved it off. That was until you felt your senses go off. Before you could react, you were suddenly smacked away by the mech that had emerged from the flames.

Gwen: Oh no. It ain't dead!

She pulled out her blade while Nadia flew over to you. You jumped up and popped out your claws.

Nadia: You okay?

Y/N: I will be once I slice this thing to pieces. You and Gwen prove cover fire. I'll deal with the walking trash can.

Nadia nodded. She flew up and began to fire at the mech. You charged forward with ignited claws while you felt the electricity cover your body again.

You zapped over to the left then the right before you appeared above the mech. You landed on it and stabbed your claws into it's head. It was too tough. You pulled back and instead created some ice on the metal which made it easier to stab into.

You smirked as your claws stabbed into the mech's head. It swung its arms around wildly in an attempt to throw you off but it failed.

You ignited the claws and melted the hardware in the head which caused it to freak out.

Y/N: I got this!

As the robot began to malfunction, the Quinjet finally arrived. It landed at the edge of the canyon when Widow saw the smoke.

Widow: What the hell, kid?

Tony: Flyers, we need to get down there. Natasha, we'll keep you posted.

Widow nodded as Thor, Janet and Tony all flew up. Cap and Widow both watched as they headed towards the flame.

However, there were two more observers. A mysterious man who watched you with interest, and another who held a rifle with their aim right at you.

Y/N: Game over, scrap metal!

You pulled your claws out and jabbed them right back in. You then hopped off the robot and Venom covered your body. You grabbed the mech and lifted it over your head before you threw it over the edge where it fell down to the darkness below.

You changed back and smiled at your accomplishment.

Gwen: Hell yeah! We did it!

Nadia let out a sigh of relief while you gave them both a thumbs up.

The celebration was cut short when a single shot echoed through the night air.

BANG!

Your senses went off too late. You felt the metal pierce your shoulder and exit your body. You stumbled back and grabbed your arm in pain. The shooter smiled and got up from his hidden spot.

The mysterious man found himself slightly worried.

???: Damnit! Be okay, Creed.

You felt the blood pour from your wound as it ached. It wasn't healing.

Y/N: What the hell?

Gwen: Uh oh. Avengers are here.

You and Nadia looked over to the right and found the heroes flying towards you.

Tony: Kid, you have a lot of explaining to do.

They landed and Janet looked at Nadia. She raised a brow but her attention was drawn to your bleeding shoulder. It hurt. It hurt a lot.

Janet: Why aren't you healing?

Y/N: I-I don't know.

Venom appeared on your shoulder and spat the bullet out. He then turned to the others.

Venom: There'sss sssomething in hissss blood.

Y/N: W-What?

Everyone looked up when you heard something that sounded like a low jet. You spotted a small one person jet flying up from the forest. The AIM logo was visible.

Thor: Our foes are getting away.

You clenched your teeth.

Y/N: Like hell they are.

You started running towards the edge as the other protested. Before they could stop you, your feet ignited and you blasted off towards the jet.

Whoever that was, you were going to get them.

You were going to get your answers.

Then, everything fell apart.

Your eyes grew wide as your flames went out. Time slowed down as everyone watched as you began to fall with the moon as the backdrop to your doom.

Cold.

You were getting cold.

So cold.

You haven't been this cold for so long.

You found yourself reaching for the moon as you were consumed by the darkness of the canyon.

All alone.

Just like you've always been.

So cold.

So cold.

Y/N: No.

So cold.

Y/N: I don't want to die alone.

Cold.

Y/N: Please!

It looked like the moon was laughing.

What a sick fucking joke.

???: Not so fast, Creed.

You suddenly found yourself caught by the mysterious figure. Your face landed on their shoulder as the swung you across the canyon. He landed on the edge and carried you a bit of the ways away.

He then set you down on the grass as you began to lose consciousness from the blood lost. You couldn't even see your savior.

Y/N: w-who....are...y-you...?

The man looked down at you and pointed at the night sky.

???: Your guardian angel it seems.

Without another word, he walked into the forest. He was long gone by the time the Avengers found you. And you were unconscious by the time they got you to the jet.

All the while, you remained cold.
-----------
When you woke up, you were laying on a bed in the hospital wing of the Avengers Compound yet again. You weakly reached up and pushed the light out of your face.

Venom: Kid?

You sat up and Venom appeared on your shoulder. You felt weak. It felt like you had the worse headache ever and you entire body ached.

Y/N: Hey. What happened? Why is it so cold?

Venom: You were ssshot.

You held your head.

Y/N: I've been shot before, Ven. This isn't getting shot.

Venom: The bullet wasss laced. It'sss in your ssssyssstem ssstill.

That explains it. Your eyes suddenly shot open when you remembered what happened.

The base blew up. You were left with more questions than answers. What was a Godslayer? Who was that voice? Who was Doom? Who shot you?

Too many questions.

Y/N: Gah. This sucks.

You heard the door click which made you look up. You looked over and found Widow walking in. She stopped when she saw you and dropped the tablet she was holding.

Great. Here comes the lecture.

But you were surpised when you instead found her hugging you tightly.

You sat there for a moment with wide eyes before you slowly returned the gesture.

Was this, like, a new way to kill someone?

Widow: You're okay. Thank God.

She let go of you and smacked your head.

Widow: What the hell were you thinking?!

You rubbed your head while you pouted.

Venom: A cute girl promisssed sssex. He wassss thinking like a normal teenage boy.

Widow: What? This Gwen girl promised to sleep with you if you helped her break into Pym Laboratories, steal Avenger documents, and raid an AIM base?

You awkwardly sat there for a moment.

Y/N: I mean....kinda? But that's not why I did it!

Widow crossed her arms.

Widow: Then why did you do it?

You lowered your head as you sighed.

Y/N: Because I wanted answers. Didn't think I was going to get shot with drugs.

Widow just looked at you a bit worried before the door opened again.

Gwen: And you totally should start wearing lab coats. That would be so cool.

Nadia: Lab coat? Alright. I'll need to get a lab coat. Oh, he's awake!

The two girls noticed you sitting in the bed and made their way over to you.

Gwen: Ah ha! He lives!

Nadia: How are you feeling?

You blushed a bit at the notion of a girl worrying about you like this. You smiled dorkishly as you rubbed the back of your neck.

Y/N: Ah....

Venom: Repeat after me, kid.

Y/N: I'm better now that you're here.

Venom: I'll get you laid yet.

Nadia: That's good. We were worried.

Widow looked at Gwen and Nadia for a moment. When Gwen explained the whole situation and Nadia told everyone who she was, they all found themselves at a lost on what to do.

But they did know that they needed to take responsibility for these two. Gwen, because she was an unhinged girl with guns and swords, and Nadia because she was in fact Hank's daughter.

In terms of Gwen, she was offered a spot on the Program. She accepted with no hesitation but she refused to live in the tower with you, Widow, and Viv.

In terms of Nadia, well, that was really up to Janet to decide.

Y/N: So, what happens now?

Widow: Now, you rest. Gwen, you go home. Nadia...

You all looked at the new Wasp who was nervously standing there.

Widow: I guess, you can stay here for now. We'll figure something out soon. Janet will be back soon. She can take over. But, for now I need to head back to the tower.

You nodded and Widow said her goodbyes. On the way out, she grabbed Gwen by the back of her collar to bring her along.

That just left you and Nadia.

Nadia: I'm glad you're awake.

You just smiled.

Y/N: Well, I'm glad you're okay. So, what do you think about the Avengers?

Nadia suddenly smiled brightly.

Nadia: They're so cool! And super nice! Janet and me went to New York while you were asleep and we walked around and she showed me a bunch of stuff and...

Y/N: Woah, woah. Back up a second. When I was asleep?

Nadia nodded.

Nadia: Yeah. Yesterday.

Venom: You were out cold for a few daysss.

Y/N: Days?

Venom: About three.

You smiled wide.

Y/N: Heh. I missed three days of school. Nice.

At least there was an up side to all of this.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.2K 842 15
Found as a baby by S.H.I.E.L.D, he was taught everything from right to wrong. Wanting to be a hero and save people, his adoptive mother agreed to let...
137K 3.9K 21
Just an ordinary girl that has a special power. You had tried to keep it a secret for your whole life but that soon changes after a long shift at wor...
282K 10.8K 55
Y/N Parker lives a normal life as a high-school student being raised by his single mother, Mary Jane Parker. Having never met his father, Y/N is surp...
203K 4.8K 21
Y/N prisoner of Asgard. Trapped deep within the depts of the far off world only wanting to escape and start a new life. But how? (written 2018)