TROUBLE | Sirius Black

By OliverPotterr

UNDER HEAVY EDITING THROUGH GOOGLE DOC, THE NEW CHAPTERS WILL BE LONGER AND BETTER WRITTEN ! look under the s... More

CASTING
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
XXXI
XXXII
XXXIII
XXXIV
XXXV
Epilogue
Deleted Ideas
NEW BOOK

XIII

13.8K 280 148
By OliverPotterr

╭──── ✩ ────╮
QUIDDICH
╰──── ✩ ────╯

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

EVERY SINCE I WAS able to ride a broom, quidditch had been my pride and joy of Hogwarts. But due to an accident in third year, when a bludger snapped my broom, and I went sailing for the ground— I haven't tried out since. So per usual James was begging me constantly, hoping that eventually this little fear of mine would go away, and he could have his 'most skilled' player back out on the field.

And this year he just might.

Something about the thought of this being the last time I play quidditch for years, or possibly every— pulled me to take out my old jersey; pull out my old broom; and make my track down to the quidditch pitch for this years try-outs. Luckily no one saw me, so it would be a special surprise when I just so happened to try out for spot as chaser and possibly make James Potter explode with joy.

"Ok! Everyone! We will be taking three chasers; one for backup. Four beaters; two for backup. Two seekers; one for backup And finally two keepers; one for back up. Got it?" He announced, looking overly confident in his soon to be team.

"Got it!" We chanted, the excitement practically dripping from our mouths.

Spotting the familiar messy black hair of Sirius; all dressed up in his quidditch uniform. I tip toed over, careful not to make myself present to James as he went on and on about the major rules of quidditch.

I let my lips barely graze his ear, making him freeze beneath my touch, "Man this James fellow sure knows how to talk." I whispered, watching as his head snapped around to face me. Possibly due to my 'rude' comment.

"Hey you!-" his eyes widened when he spotted me fully dressed in my uniform, "oh! My! Merlin!" He turned to catch James' attention, J-" I quickly clamped my hand over his mouth, shushing him.

"Shh, I'm putting on a helmet so I can try-out anonymously, to see if I can actually make this team." I stated, "I don't want him to pick favorites." I finished, pulling on the red and gold helmet that covered my face just the right amount and making my way over to where James divided the groups.

"Ok, beaters and keepers! Sirius will be training you," he announced pointing in the direction of him. Chasers and seekers, you will be testing you." He stated, smiling mischievously. Before motioning for all of us to mount our brooms.

Try-outs went great, considering I haven't played a real game of quidditch in years— I was doing surprisingly well for my rustiness. I had scored every goal, and even dodged a few bludgers. Even some Ravenclaw looking over the Gryffindor try-outs pointed out that I was very skilled.

When it was finally over, the two boys; Sirius and James called everyone down for the results. Leaving everyone overly anxious as they descended for the ground.

"Ok! First!.." James began, I eventually
tuned him out as he called the names that made it, and then those who didn't. Some of the new assets to the team were Marlene as chaser, Sirius as beater, and a boy names Dorian as keeper. I looked around at the remaining choices noticing it was finally down to me or some random Gryffindor girl for the last chaser position. To say I was anxious, was an understatement, I was absolutely terrified.

"Sophia, you were spectacular," my heart dropped, as my breath hitched in my throat.

"but I'm afraid that this.. uh person.." he continued, pointing to me, still wearing the helmet as a disguise, "is a.. little, I mean a lot more experienced, so maybe next year." He finished, patting the young girl on the back before she walked off in the other direction. I let out a sigh of relief, letting my once tense body relax as realization of what just happened took over me.

"Bloody hell, finally I can take this thing off." I mumbled, tugging at the helmet, and eventually pulling it fully off my head. The release of pressure sent a woozy feeling through me, before I flipped my hair out of my face. Now letting my eyes wander over the students in front of me. All eleven other teammates looked at me in shock, including James who stood with his jaw slacked and his eyes wide.

"Good to be back." I stated, tossing the helmet somewhere on the ground and pulling the perplexed boy into a hug. He was still frozen beneath my touch, but eventually relaxed and returned to affection.

Pushing me away by my shoulders, he stared into my eyes, narrowing them playfully— "I thought you weren't going to try out ever again, especially after the.. uhm- fall." He mumbled the last part, knowing it was a hit of a sensitive topic. I appreciated that.

"Well I figured since this was my last opportunity till maybe sometime in the way future to play quidditch, I should probably take advantage. Am I right?" I explained, receiving a nod from most of the team. Who had calmed down from their initial shock.

The truth was everyone in school heard about my nasty fall. Even the ones who didn't officiate with anything related to quidditch. It had left me in the hospital wing for nearly two weeks with three broken ribs; a broken leg; a fracture in my collar bone; and temporary memory loss. It was quite a scare for my four Bestfriends when I woke up and couldn't remember who they were. So it figured it would come as quite a surprise when I showed up at the first game of the season— all decked out in my quidditch gear.

"Well, gotta get going! Got studying session with Remus and Lily!" I explained, before running off in the direction of the castle. The wind flowing through my hair and whipping it around playfully.

"So you're telling me, that if I went into those woods, I could possibly pet a unicorn?" I questioned, the hint of excitement in my voice was that of a toddler during their first Christmas. The truth was, due to my family living in a manor, far from any sort of wildlife. I had never actually seen a unicorn, besides the occasional textbook drawing. "I have to tell James about this later" I mumbled,

Both Lily and Remus gave me a look as if I had three heads, "hypothetically, yes, but they're not known to just let anyone pet them." Lily replied, returning her gaze back down to her textbook. Looking at the red head, I could tell there was something different about her. She didn't bring up how much of an 'idiotic toe-rag' like usual when I mentioned his name.

Oh my merlin.

"Lily!" I started, my voice slickly sweet as the red head turned to look at me, "So how's it going in the whole.. Potter industry." I teased, watching her face turn a beet red.

"Oh my merlin! Lily! You like him don't you!" I whisper shouted, attempting to avoid a scolding from the librarian. "Oh my merlin! It was the hair wasn't it? It's always the hair. I especially like Sirius' hair. Hey! Maybe we can braid their hair together! Oh my merlin that would be cute!" I carried on, Making her face become an even darker red at my accusation.

Remus now turn to her with a bewildered look. "This surely was going down in history, the infamous fiery red head, Lily Evans, falls for clingy annoying, James potter!" I announced, earning a loud 'shush' from other students.

"I can see it already!" I chimed, my grin reaching from ear to ear, "oh my! are you gonna tell him?!" I questioned, bringing my face closer to hers. Our noses nearly touching as I waited for her answer with anticipation.

"I.. I uhm I don't know." She mumbled, fidgeting with her fingers in her lap. If there was one thing I was going to make happen, it was going to be making Lily Evans finally accept James' constant date asking.

"Ok well how about this, when he asks you out again, say yes.-" her face stared at mine with a look of shock, "I know I know, but just give it a try, I'm sure you'll have fun." I reassured, patting her shoulder lightly. On the outside I was playing it cool, but on the inside.. I was absolutely ecstatic that one of my closest friends had finally realized her true feelings for potter.

This was going to literally make him so insane.

I was mid sentence when the portrait swung open, "Oh my merlin.." James muttered, walking into the common room with a sway to his step, and a dazed look in his eye. As if he had just woken up from a ten year daydream.

"What's got your sorry ass in such a good mood?" I questioned, snuggling up into Sirius' side just a bit more. The boy wrapped his arm around my shoulders, giving me a loving squeeze before also turning his attention to James.

"Oh my merlin.." he repeated, letting himself fall onto the loveseat opposite Sirius and I, and next to Peter and Remus. He looked shocked, still having that dreamy look across his face, but not in a bad way.. almost as if..

"Oh!- she said yes didn't she!" I beamed, now practically sitting on the edge of my seat. The boy simply nodded, still looking off into space. That was enough information as I turned my head to Remus, giving him a smug wink, "you Remus lupin owe me one sickle." I chimed, holding out my hand while he searched his pockets— eventually pulling out the single silver coin.

"Wait did I miss something?" Pads questioned, looking around at each of us confused. He hadn't been there when Lily, Remus and I were talking about Lily's new found feelings.

"Oh just that Lily said yes to Mr.Jamesy Pooh's offer to go on a date." I announced smugly, crossing my legs and leaning back into my chair— before taking a swig of my pumpkin juice. Both Sirius and Peter looked at me as if I was crazy; or had gone completely bonkers and telling them made up lies.

"No way." Peter breathed, looking wide eyes between James and I, "yes way Wormy." I winked, setting my pumpkin juice down on the side table. This truly was a day the four of us believed would not happen.

"So you're saying, the Lily Evans, said yes to James' offer to go on a date. After years of her declining and calling you.. uh what was it again?" He asked,

"Bastard?" Remus asked,

"Unwanted snot rag?" I mentioned,

"Annoying prick?" Peter chimed in,

"It was arrogant toe-rag." He mumbled, looking down and smiling at his hands as he fumbled with them quietly.

"There's no way she said yes, you lot are lying to me, is it April fools? It's got to be April fools!" Sirius accused, not believing a single word that fell from our lips.

That was until the girl in question came waltzing into the common room with a grin wider than a thousand suns spread across her face, "Hey James!" She chimed, giving him a little wave before running up the dormitory stairs and out of sight.

"Merlins balls." Sirius muttered, wiping his hand across his face with a sigh, "I've gone completely insane haven't I?" He mumbled, rubbing his eyes attempting to wake up from this unrealistic dream he was in. Quickly I pinched his arm, receiving a rather loud Yelp from his mouth.

"Hey!-"

"See, not dreaming." I teased, poking his cheek playfully before kissing the spot on his arm, "and all better." I mumbled against his skin. I felt his body tense beneath me, and in that moment I realized how close in proximity I was from.. it. Giggling at his reaction, I sat myself up and leaning back against him.

"You two are gross." Remus muttered, opening a book in front of him. The cover was a rosy pink, decorated with what looked to be a tea cup. Leaning closer to examine it farther I read the title.

'Pride and Prejudice'

Interesting, "hey can I borrow that sometime?" I questioned, motioning to the book sat in his lap. Immediately the room went deathly silent as they all stared at me in pure shock. Looking around I mumbled, "ok so maybe not-" I leaned back into Sirius, feeling his body heat once again radiate off onto me in waves.

"I love you.." I mumbled against the fabric of his jumper, although we didn't say the word a lot, it still meant something to the both of us. Knowing we shared a will to protect each other at all costs; a duty to follow the other, no matter where they go...

because we love each other.

"I love you too." He whispered, kissing the top of my head lightly, and letting his face rest in my tattered hair. The feeling was heartwarming, having him so close to the point I could feel his breath mold together with my own was something I had yet to get used to. And who better to share this experience with that Sirius Black himself.

AUTHORS NOTE

ATTENTION: their seventh year is going to go by quite fast btw, probably like six or seven more chapters🤍 and then we are off to act three

I believe this book will have about 4-5 acts, right now we are in the second one. So do not worry we are far from over loves.

Also, I have decided to continue my work on my two Remus lupin fanfics but they will not be officially released until at least part four of this book is done. Given that it takes me more time to come up with chapters in that book due to lack of inspiration.

My toxic trait with writing is that I refuse to write about a character that I'm not currently obsessed with. So obviously I'm like literally in love with Ben Barnes, so I'm enjoying writing this. But I'm also equally in love with Aaron Taylor-Johnson.. like the man is literally so fine like.. ugh 👩🏼‍🦰

ANYWAYS, I'm probably going to start working on a james potter fan fic aswell and I need ideas. Should I make it an enemies to lovers? Friends to lovers? Or something else?

ALSO! Thank you all so much for 6k reads I really do appreciate all of you, and I love reading your comments. They always make my bad days better! 🤍 so I'm giving you all an extra chapter today! (Which is this one)

If you can't tell I'm literally in love with the marauders. Except Peter, because he's a two timing bitch, like pick a struggle rat 🙄🖐🏼

But even if he is a two time loser I like to make him feel like a real character in my books, given that at one time he really was close with the boys. And I decided to give him a real story as to why he does what he does (you will find out in later chapters)

Sincerely,
Milly

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8M 48K 179
✾𝘑𝘢𝘮𝘦𝘴 𝘗𝘰𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳✾ ✧ᴍᴀʀᴀᴜᴅᴇʀs ᴇʀᴀ✧ ɪɴ ᴡʜɪᴄʜ 𝘑𝘢𝘮𝘦𝘴 𝘗𝘰𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘥𝘴 𝘩𝘪𝘮𝘴𝘦𝘭𝘧 𝘧𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘪𝘯 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘨𝘪𝘳𝘭 𝘩...
37.7K 910 23
!This was discontinued until I posted the rest of the pre-written chapters. Many are unedited so forgive me! 7th year (Y/N) Black. Sirius's Older si...
155K 3.3K 22
"Run! Before Remmy notices we ate his chocolate bars" "WE?" "You're guilty by association" ~ "We alwa...
2.2M 71.8K 49
❝I think-I think I'm in love. I know it sounds crazy, but I really think she's the one.❞ ••••• Naomi Serdeys is peculiar, that was for sure. Despite...