ice queen • haikyuu

By Wolf_Queen_101

Mizuki Sayeko had never been fond of the whole 'soulmates' concept, not when her past warned her of the side... More

⤷ prologue
⤷ epigraph
000 | introducing our beloved ice queen
001 | if you cry, i'll cry tooo
002 | how do you write like you're running out of time?
003 | fuck, i just realised i have so many chapter titles to bs
004 | the beginning of a brother-sister relationship
005 | JAPAN
006 | do meth not math
007 | don't judge a book by its cover
008 | i'm hungry
009 | almost.
010 | an owl and its moon
011 | laughs in i've completed the book
012 | fight, fight, fight
013 | dream a little dream of them
014 | yui's gay panic attack
015 | a cat gazing at the moon's reflection
016 | way to call her out, kiyoko
017 | late night cuddles
018 | hinata the matchmaker
019 | and that's on food wars. period.
020 | she knows how to change with one hand
021 | kenma looks at her the same way i look at eren yeager
022 | bokuto could choke me and i'd say thank you
023 | her adorable blueberry and freckled swan
024 | the stars watch them fondly
025 | who knew unrequited love could hurt so bad
026 | didn't know souma yukihira was in this story
027 | sleepover with the soulmates
028 | not everyone falls for you, oikawa
029 | an analyst in her prime
030 | crows can devour an eagle
031 | please wait to marry sugawara
032 | THERE'S A CHILD PRESENT, NISHINOYA
033 | pancakes hit different with loved ones
034 | kuroo's birthday
035 | sugar mommy
036 | the sun and the moon
037 | wonder bois and girl
038 | lets go below zero and hide from the sun
039 | merry christmas
040 | the oikawas
041 | new years
042 | why study when you can kiss and makeout?
043 | love
044 | breakfast with the kageyamas
045 | nationals
046 | she's theirs
047 | crows vs cats
048 | with them, she's brave
049 | disney land
050 | butler mizuki
051 | she's a volleyball analyst. of course she knows how to play
052 | sticks and stones may break bone, but words definitely hurt
053 | keep your hands out of your pants
053.5 | yes, her soulmates felt it
054 | visiting home
055 | winter's angst
056 | i love you
057 | kuroo
057 | bokuto
057 | akaashi
057 | kozume
058 | tatake
059 | returning home
060 | she'd be an amazing mother
060.5 | rip dat pussy ayyy
061.25 | bunch of simps
061.5 | blow job- i mean, black jackal
061.75 | post-game celebration
062 | never tell a woman they've put on weight
062.5 | supreme sperm
063 | perverts
064 | here comes the babies
065.5 | oedipus complex
066 | wedding day
067 | honeymoon
068 | family
069 | milf and dilfs
070 | the end
⤷ christmas special pt.1
⤷ christmas special pt.2
⤷ christmas special pt.3
⤷ one million views special

065 | family-themed nursery

7.7K 414 64
By Wolf_Queen_101

why else love if not to feel
stars exploding in our veins?

MIZUKI STAYED IN THE hospital for another five days, the doctor and nurses making sure she and the babies were okay until finally dismissing them.

"Here, I got it."

Kuroo opened the door, Akaashi helping their fiancé into their apartment. In Bokuto's arms were the twins, his hands gripping the bars for the car seats they had bought a few months ago. Between you and I, the soulmate penta had four more in the nursery. Why? Who even knows. Mizuki said, and I quote, "we must be prepared for everything."

"I'll take them to the nursery," Bokuto announced, walking to their guest room turned nursery with Kenma trailing behind, both baby bags slung on his shoulder. He hated carrying the heavy weight, but for his kids, he'd do anything.

A smile spread across the duo's face, stepping into the nursery Mizuki spent hours on. She took it upon herself to design it, making sure her babies only had the best. The four walls were painted a very light shade of blue, more on the white side in Bokuto's eyes. The corner by the baby beds had a large plant growing out, its branches stretching across the wall, painted absolutely exquisitely, leaves moving across the three upper corners. Laying along the roots were two cats, one coloured black with a very familiar hairstyle and one coloured yellow and brown, mingling with each other.

On the branches were two owls, one coloured a grey and white colour, snuggled up against a black coloured one. The cats and owls represented them, their marks upon their soulmates' body. Mizuki had surprised them with the painting, and yes, the boys did cry upon seeing the animals. She hadn't let her soulmates in the room while she was working on it, and she spent a good few weeks on it.  

The tree, she had said, represented Tooru and Hajime from their days in Aoba Johsai. On the right of the wall were birds painted among clouds. There were six crows Karasuno, three eagles Shiratorizawa, and one seagull Kamomedai High. Opposite the cats were two foxes, representing Inarizaki. Oh, and Bokuto couldn't forget the alien and UFO Oikawa forced Mizuki to paint on the other corner of the wall. Each being on the wall was meant to surround their twins with their families, with the bonds the soulmate penta had developed thanks to volleyball.

Least to say, their friends cried at the sight.

Mizuki truly cared for them. She let them into her heart, let them be a part of her future, and she wasn't going to let them go anytime soon. Not when they had such a huge impact on her life.

"Welcome home, kids," Bokuto whispered, placing the car seats on the changing table they had placed alongside a wall. The twins' cribs were by the tree, twin moon lights hanging down, a device attached along the top that moved the stars, that were also hanging, and the moon around in circular motions. It was meant to help the babies sleep at night, and Mizuki had included the musical recording that she would play for the twins while they were in her womb.

Haruto and Hiroto were both fast asleep, eyes shut and mouths instinctively sucking on the pacifiers they bought. Of course, one was an owl, Haruto's, and the other was a cat, Hiroto's. Bokuto unbuckled the straps nestled securely around their bodies.

"Can you help me put them to bed?" he asked Kenma, who nodded, placing the bags by the drawer cabinet which held all of the babies' stuff.

"Why are there so many toys?" huffed Kenma, kicking one of the stuffed toys away from the floor and into their corner where a huge pile sat, made up of owls, crows, bears, cats, foxes, aliens, dinosaurs, volleyballs, chocolate bars, even an onigiri. Beside the pile was a large, floor to ceiling library filled with children books Akira and Talia purchased for them. (They didn't need that much, but their extended family went overboard. The boys now knew where Mizuki got it from).

"Who even knows."

They swaddled the twins in a blanket, both of them doing so with ease after attending so many classes. (Mizuki threatened to not let them near the babies if they didn't attend at least 30 classes).

They put the twins in their crib, placing a gentle kiss on their foreheads, before flicking the lights off and letting them rest.

"Oh!" exclaimed Bokuto in a whisper. "We have to switch on the baby monitor."

He tiptoed across the room, switching on the two cameras they had installed, each showing them a view of their sleeping children. The screen was in their room, allowing the soulmates to watch and make sure Haruto and Hiroto were okay during the night.

Koutarou closed the door with a smile, glancing at their boys one last time.

The two headed to their bedroom, spotting Mizuki curled under the blankets, Akaashi hugging her from behind, laying his chin on her head and drawing her closer to his chest, careful not to touch the wounds on her lower stomach. Kuroo was sat on her other side, leaning against the headboard, his reading glasses propped on the bridge of his nose, a book opened in his hand.

"Are they asleep?" he asked once Bokuto and Kenma entered.

They nodded, changing out of their clothes, doing the night routine before joining their soulmates in bed. Kenma plopped on top of Kuroo, the latter grunting at the added weight. He laughed, placing the book down, shifting under Kenma and wrapping his arms around him. Bokuto nestled beside him, exhausted. All the excitement wore him out.

"I feel like I can sleep for a week," he said.

"Told you," sang Akaashi sleepily, eyes shut.

Soft laughter, shared between four soulmates, all in love with one another, wholly, completely. The moon watched them, tenderly, fondly, glowing amongst the dark night sky. She wept happily.

Oh, how time had passed.

"This won't happen. I apologise, but I see no future in which the five of us are together."

Amusement sparkled among the stars. If only you knew how wrong you were, child.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

Taking care of babies was much different from taking care of dolls. That was one thing the soulmate penta noticed. Whilst Mizuki eased into the new routine, Kuroo, Kenma, Bokuto, and Akaashi struggled quite a bit. They fumbled and stuttered every time the twins cried, panicking even more when the other twin would follow, the two sobbing profusely.

Mizuki sighed, watching from the chair in the nursery as her fiances tried desperately to soothe the crying twins.

"Hey! Hey! Hey! Don't cry!"

They cried more.

"Kou," Mizuki started, standing up. "Yelling will make them cry more." She walked over, holding her hands out. "Pass him to me."

Bokuto gently handed Hiroto over, Mizuki taking him in her arms, making sure to support his head with one hand, placing him on the crook of her neck.

"There, there," she cooed, gently rocking Hiroto back and forth, his cries diminishing at the familiar comfort of his mother. He reached a tiny hand out, miniature fingers wrapping around Mizuki's shirt. Her lips quirked upwards, leaning down and placing a kiss on his forehead.

Bokuto watched her in awe, an unexplainable warmth erupting in his chest.

Mizuki's eyes fluttered upwards, noticing the surge of emotions through their bond. Her cheeks flushed a flowery pink colour, a response to the two pair of golden eyes staring unblinkingly at her.

"W-What?" she questioned shyly.

Kenma looked at her and smiled, and it seemed the whole world for an instant concentrated on just him and her.

"You're so perfect."

Her heart stammered in her chest.

She gave her whole heart to make a place for it to happen, evidence of a love that transcends hunger, transcends desire, transcends jealousy, anger, envy. Was it too much to expect? That she would name the stars for them?

You've read the depth of my mind.

You know how it's going to end.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

415K 16K 39
he wanted to protect her like his own baby fox, and he made sure to do it right. ~ L/n Y/n. A germaphobe that's loaded with therapies during the week...
9.9K 558 117
Haikyuu!! Fanfiction Tsukishima x OC Ogawa Nakano needed volleyball to live like a fish needs water. She'd been away from it for far too long. She...
201K 6.9K 36
[COMPLETED] This is a fluff/angst story including kuroken, iwaoi , and daisuga. There will be other ships but these are the mains. Daily updates :) ...
60.2K 2.4K 62
Oikawa, Suga and Akaashi were figure skaters. They all needed that freedom and the feeling of the ice. The feeling was enough to overpower the rude a...