Monster: Year 1

By IvanBullock

Y/N is a boy who knows little about his life. Experimented on as a child, he was freed by the Creator. Follow... More

A Story About A Boy
Black Cat Arc #1
Black Cat Arc #2
Black Cat Arc #3
Heart of Iron
Welcome to the Program Arc #1
Welcome to the Program Arc #2
Welcome to the Program Arc #3
A Modern Family
The Visions Arc #1
The Visions Arc #2
The Visions Arc #3
The Little Voice
Avengers HQ Arc #1
School Days
The Unbelievable Arc #1
The Unbelievable Arc #2
The Unbelievable Arc #3
The Tale of The Baby Wasp
A Deadly Mistake
The Fist Bros
Yankee Doodles
The Cat and Mouse Arc #1
The Cat and Mouse Arc #2
The Cat and Mouse Arc #3
The Cat and Mouse Arc #4
Monster Problems
The Scarlet Date
Two Wandas
The Iron Arc #1
The Iron Arc #2
The Iron Arc #3
The Iron Arc #4
The Iron Arc #5
Fist Bros 2: The Return of the Fist
The Young Avengers Arc #1
The Young Avengers Arc #2
Team Shorts #1
Monster: Road to X-Men
Monster/X-Men #1
Monster/X-Men #2
Monster/X-Men #3
Monster/X-Men #4
Growing Up and Letting Go
Nova and Monster
Dead Space
The Ten Rings Arc #1
The Ten Rings Arc #2
The Ten Rings Arc #3
The Ten Rings Arc #4
The Ten Rings Arc #5
The Ten Rings Arc #6
The Ten Rings Arc #7
Parties and Such
Strikers
Killers Born Arc #1
Killers Born Arc #2
Killers Born Arc #3
A Story About A Boy

Avengers HQ Arc #2

3.4K 141 97
By IvanBullock

You couldn't believe your situation. You were eating Chinese takeout, with the Avengers. Tony reached to grab the rice box but a chopstick ended up stabbing into the table. Clint then picked up the box and pour himself some rice with a smirk.

Tony: If Kate saw her mentor being stingy like this, she'd be disappointed.

Clint: Good thing she isn't here.

Y/N: Who's Kate?

Clint stabbed his remaining chopstick into the table. He then narrowed his eyes at you.

Clint: Off limits.

Y/N: What?

Tony: Let the kid give it a shot. I think it would fun to watch him fumble over his own feet trying to talk to her.

Clint and Tony laughed together as you sat there confused. What the hell were they on about? You just sighed as you pouted and popped an orange chicken into your mouth.

Wanda: Leave him alone guys. He doesn't mean harm.

Thank you Wanda. You were truly too good for this world. Still, it didn't stop Clint from glaring at you. Thor was mostly trying to crack jokes and Tony was making sly remarks. Banner mostly kept to himself and you noticed no one was poking fun at him. Probably for the best. And Vision wasn't even there. Something about an update.

Wanda: So how are things at the Program, Y/N?

You looked up from you plate and found all of them looking at you. You placed your fork down and sat up.

Y/N: Uh, I mean, I like training. Having people around to actually talk to is nice too. Everyone has been nice.

Wanda: Good. I'm glad that you seem to be fitting in well.

Tony got the memo.

Tony: You play any video games? Maybe you have a favorite movie?

You shook your head.

Y/N: I don't really do that stuff. I kinda watch TV with Widow or I train.

Banner: And what about everything else? You making friends and the like?

You shrugged.

Y/N: I, think they're my friends. I never really had friends before. Well, there was one but....she honestly felt more like a partner than a friend.

Clint flung a piece of chicken at Banner. He suddenly caught what he had said. You didn't mind honestly. You were just glad to finally be doing good for once. No more stealing to survive. Suddenly an alarm went off and everyone stood up.

Tony: So much for a nice night. Everyone suit up.

You watched everyone head out and you tried to follow but Tony stopped you.

Tony: You're staying here.

Y/N: What? But I can help.

Tony: Until we find out what's going on with your powers, you're out of commission. Get some rest. We have a Playbox in the living room. Go ahead and play some games.

Clint: I just got the new Call of Battle game. Have fun but don't mess up my win to lost ratio. If you do, I will hurt you.

He left without another word. You just sighed as everyone filed out to get ready to leave.

Y/N: Damn. Guess I'm a benchwarmer tonight.
---------
You had decided to take a shower before heading to the guest room to change into a pair of sweats. You were a bit tired but mostly you were restless. You were in the Avengers Compound. Granted you did destroy a room already but still. This was cool.

Besides, Mr. Money Bags was going to pay for it.

You climbed into the bed and laid down but stopped once you realized that you were alone. Also, the bed was memory form. You couldn't really move.

Y/N: This kinda sucks.

Suddenly your heard a glass shatter. You sat up and listened closely before you heard footsteps. Why didn't an alarm go off? Was there someone here?

Y/N: Oh no. They're here to clap my cheeks.

Like hell they were.

You stood up and grabbed a nearby jacket Clint let you borrow. You peeked out of the door and looked down the hall. You stepped out and began to walk down the hall.

It was dead quiet.

Wouldn't you hear the jet if the team was back?

You found yourself in the main room where everyone would go to relax and take some time to rest. There, you found two shadowy figures looking at a device of some kind.

???: Are you sure this can find it?

???: Yeah, I'm sure. Just follow me.

They began to moved towards the lab which caused alarm. You came to the realization that the compound was getting broken into. Who were these guys? This couldn't be good if they were heading to the lab. If they got a hold of a weapon Tony or Banner made, it could spell trouble. You had to do something.

You snuck around to stay undetected. The two figures looked around before they found the lab. The one with the device began to mess with the touchpad before it beeped. The door opened and the two figures walked in. You quickly slipped in before the door could close. You hid behind one of the desks and watched them look around.

???: It's here.

They opened a case and you caught one of the men smile.

???: Here it is.

The man held up a piece of metal.

???: Vibranium.

That's what they were looking for. The Vibrant that you had taken from the store. Time to step in. You jumped out of your hiding spot and popped out your claws. You leaped towards the man holding the metal only to be blocked by the other man.

???: I thought this compound was supposed to be empty.

???: It was. The Avengers are dealing with the others.

Y/N: Uh, who are you?

The man in red look at you offended. No, seriously. Who the fuck was this dude?

Klaw: Seriously? I'm Klaw. The sworn enemy of Black Panter!

Y/N: Nope. I got nothing. Bit if your name is Klaw, where's your claw? Is it, like, a metaphor?

Baron Zemo: Enough talk. Either leave, or die.

He held up his sword but you just smiled. You held your claws up and jumped to attack. Zemo blocked your blow with his sword and the two of you began to go back and forth attacking. Klaw collected the other pieces of vibranium and stuffed them into a bag.

He needed to act fast before the Avengers returned. His boss was a very demanding person after all. Zemo swung his sword again but you blocked it with your claws before attempting to kick him. He dodged and instead delivered a blow of his own.

You landed back but jumped back up. You ignited your hands but Klaw aimed his hand at you and shot off a blast. You went flying back and crashed through the wall. You fell to the floor and felt your body try to heal.

What the hell was that?

When you hit the table, the black Bandanna fell off and landed on your back.

Klaw: Let's get going before he gets back up.

He grabbed the bag and the two rushed out. You were trying to recover but suddenly there was a cool, wet feeling on your shoulder. You looked over and saw some kind of black liquid was beginning to cover your shoulder.

You began to panic and reached to pull off the black substance as it began to cover your skin.

Y/N: Ah, AHH!

???: Relax, kid. I'm not here to hurt you. Let'ssss ssshow thessse asssholess who'sss bossssssss.

You continued to panic as the Black substance made it to your face.

The two men reached the common room before they heard your scream.

Then nothing.

They stopped and looked around. Had you recovered? Klaw aimed his hand down the dark hall while Zemo held up his blade.

All was quiet. All was calm.

Zemo: Where is he?

Klaw looked around as he held his blaster ready. He aimed it around to try and spot you so that he could blast you away.

There was a noise to the side and Klaw blasted towards that direction.

There was another sound behind Zemo which caused him to jump.

Zemo: Come out here, you coward!

???: Coward? I am the coward?

Suddenly Klaw was thrown by by an unseen force. He slammed into the wall, leaving a hole, and fell to the ground. Baron Zemo turned back around just in time to see a black substance collide with his face. He joined his partner on the ground where they both groaned. The two turned to face their attacker.

Klaw: W-what are you?!

???: Me? No. We.

Their attacker stepped into the light. Their eyes grew wide at what they saw. The low growling filled their ears as she began to try and scoot away from the monster before them.

???: We are, Venom.

You leaped towards the two men. Their screams echoed through the night sky.

They never had a chance.
----------
Tony and Banner were in a rush to get back to tower after their alarm was tripped. The attack was a distraction. Their real target was the compound itself. However, their mind wasn't even on the Vibranium.

They just wanted to make sure you were safe.

As soon as the jet landed, everyone rushed out. Tony and Wanda noticed the shattered windows first. Signs of a struggle were present and their worries grew. They rushed inside, only to find Klaw and Zemo bound and gagged. Then there was you. You were sitting on the couch as if nothing had happened.

Your arms were resting on your knees as you stared at the two men. You looked up when you noticed the team had returned. You just smiled.

Y/N: Hey. Welcome back.

You stood up and grabbed the bag Klaw had. You then tossed the bag towards them allowing the vibranium to spill out.

The Avengers looked at the bag confused.

Clint: What happened here, kid?

You looked over to the two unconscious men. Klaw began to stir and you stood up to walk over to them. You crouched down to look at Klaw. He then looked to you in fear. Venom covered your face as you quickly learned over.

Y/N: Boo!

Klaw fainted once again. You returned to normal and laughed. The heroes just looked at you horrified.

Y/N: And these guys are supposed to be super villains.

Tony: What the fuck was that?!

Wanda: Tony!

Tony: No, no! That was not normal.

A line of black goo appeared from your shoulder and took form of a face. Venom smiled.

Venom: Long time no sssee.

Everyone took a step back as Venom laughed.

Thor: It is Venom!

Vision: We cannot let him escape here.

You placed an arm over Venom and took a step back.

Y/N: Woah! Calm down. He's on my side.

Tony: He's not on any side!

Clint: Trust me on this, kid. That guy is bad news.

Suddenly, Wanda noticed that Venom was slowly moving to cover you. Her eyes grew wide as she moved to block the others.

Wanda: Venom isn't attacking! He's defending.

You were generally confused. Venom returned to your shoulder.

Venom: And I will continue to. He issss my resssssponssssibility.

Banner: What do you mean by that?

What did he mean by that? You were his responsibility? How? You slowly looked at him as he slowly lowered himself to your skin.

Y/N: Is it because I'm your host?

Venom: I intend to keep my promissssse with your mother.

Your eyes grew wide. Your mother? You had a mother? You could've sworn you were a test tube baby or something. But, this was something that made your stomach drop.

Y/N: My mom? You knew her? You knew my mother?!

Venom: Yessss. Ssssshe freed me many yearssss ago. I fought alongssside her.

Thor: And what would you get out of that you beast?!

You held up a hand to stop him from attacking.

Venom: I had done sssso before. I will continue to until I die. Hisss life isss now under my protection once again.

Clint: Again?

What did he mean by that? If he was supposed to protect you, then why hasn't he shown up prior to now?

Venom: When he wassss a child, a stray, I ussssed him asss a hossst. I protected him from thievesssss and unsssssavory people. I wasssss weak and I had to ressssst. The Creator made sssssure I sssssstayed alive.

Y/N: The Old Man?!

The Old Man knew? He never said anything. Why would he keep thing from you?

Y/N: He knew?

Venom: He wasss a friend of your mother. He wassss my friend asss well. He wassss the one who created the Sssstrikerssss.

This was all news to you. This, thing knew your mom. On top of that, the Old Man knew your mom to. And who were the Strikers? Why didn't he ever mention this?

Venom: He wanted to protect you.

Y/N: What?

Venom: I am now connected to you. Your thoughtssss are now mine assss well. I know what you think and feel. We are now one.

Y/N: Uh, cool?

That was going to get weird, wasn't it?

Banner: We can't just let him go, can we?

Vision scanned you.

Clint: He seems calm. Maybe he's telling the truth?

Vision stopped staring at you and turned to Tony.

Vision: Scan complete. The symbiote is not feeding off of Y/N. He is telling the truth.

Tony and Banner didn't seemed to like the idea. You noticed their worried looks and looked to Venom.

Y/N: If we're going to be bonded then I'm laying down some ground rules.

Venom: Rulessss?

Y/N: No eating anyone. Period. I don't really know if you do that but, I rather not be a cannibal.

Venom: Fine. You will have to feed me though.

Y/N: Deal. No being bad either. I'm trying to be a hero here. No breaking the rules or stealing or anything like that.

Venom: My only concern isss to protect you. And maybe ssssee some assss.

Y/N: Glad we can come to an agreement. And, uh, we'll talk about that other thing later.

Venom: Fucking deal.

You turned back to the Avengers.

Y/N: So, yeah. He's my problem now.

They looked at you surpised. You seemed to just accept all of this. Honestly, what could you even do?

Banner: Are you sure about this? Your powers are still unstable.

Y/N: Exactly why this could work! Venom can help me out by taking over if I lose control again. Or something.

Venom: I can do that. He isss under my care.

Tony and Banner looked at each other. Tony signaled for everyone to gather around to talk about it. You turned to Venom who was waiting for an answer. He then disappeared back under your shirt. You looked to your arm and found a black line which wrapped around your bicep.

Venom: I am sssstill here. Think of me like a tattoo.

Everyone turned back to you and Tony stepped forward.

Tony: I think this is a bad idea. Venom is your responsibility. If he does anything, you'll be held accountable.

He then placed a hand on your head.

Tony: You did good tonight. Get some rest.

You smiled. Looks like you have a new friend. A new alien friend who could read your thoughts and was most likely a perv.

Well, you can't win them all.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

476 7 9
In which a teenager struggles with his school life, personal life and above all of that he's New York's web-slinging hero. The story of Spider-Man. ...
2.3K 32 7
MALE OC! Follow the life of Kai Jones as he experiences love, loss, trauma, pain and heartbreak. Kai will have to juggle a lot in his life. Will he b...
6.2K 171 44
(Y/N) (L/N) is not a normal human being. They were born with almost every ability you could think of. Super speed, super strength, telekinesis, and m...
275K 9.2K 45
Book One - Y/N is a world renowned scientist with a past she would like to forget. When the opportunity to work with the Avengers is offered to Y/N s...