Alpha's Hunt

By Jvweez

A Cursed Alpha. A Made Omega. A Deadly Game. .෴. Every ten yea... More

Hello!
01 Prologue
02. Attack of the walnuts
03. Witches rattle me
04. Truly Ironic
05. It's all downhill from here
06. Blackmailing is my past time
07. Unpaid Job
08. The missing piece
09. By hook or by crook
10. Drunken Balls
11. I'm a dead girl anyways
12. Unexpected
13. The Hunt begins
14. Laws of curiosity
15. The witch from Snow White
17. Dance in the rain
18. The shortest route
19. You should brush your teeth
Aesthetic!
20. The first lodge
More Aesthetics!
21. Same mistakes
22. He's Lucky
23. All paid
24. My partner
I swear this is important!
25. The Beast
26. Eclipse Born
27. Mind Readers
28. Werewolf Crazy
29. Spellbound
30. Better a bitch than a whore
31. Crazy Ex
32. I really hate weeds
33. When I open my eyes
34. Sloth in a race
35. Not like others
36. My dearest moralist
37. What we always do
38. In the end
39. The most lethal one
40. Forget manners
41. Bullet through my heart
42. Say something
43. Let's pretend
44. Bullet through my head
45. My Luna
46. A bad decision
46.5 Wait for me
NEW: 47. Workaholic
48. Set in his ways
NEW. 49. Have we met before
NEW. 50. Mrs. Winters
NEW. 51. Stink of the mate bond
NEW. 52. Someone I love
NEW. 53. Royal carriage
NEW. 54. Hallucinating effects
NEW. 55. Hasta La Vista
NEW. 56. Too many books
NEW. 57. No matter the cost
NEW. 58. Toilet Plunger
NEW. 59. Newly found Luna
NEW. 60. Alpha Bitch
NEW. 61. In honor and blood
NEW. 62. Crazy Bitch
NEW. 63. Chase
NEW. 64. I hate you
Epilogue
Spin-off, and In case the book stops showing!

16. Ape tendencies

24.8K 1K 107
By Jvweez

Hello my amazing readers! Surprise, surprise, I'm not dead. I would definitely tell you the reason for my late updates but honestly, it feels like I'm making excuses😅
Anyways, enjoy!

16. Ape tendencies

"Hey, person I'm not in a team with?"

"What?"

"When the bloody hell will we stop?"

Luke looks over his shoulder, a bored expression on his face. Then he looks up, at the setting sun.

You'd think it would be romantic being in a forest with exotic birds and beautiful sunsets.

Yeah... No. Not when you haven't eaten since morning and not when your 'partner' is a total asshole.

"Perhaps we're done for the day," he says, almost grudgingly

With a sigh, I drop my bag on the ground. My stomach rumbles for the billionth time today. At least I'm not thinking of eating Luke, due to courtesy of Korra. Her spell locked out a lot of things, including my werewolf appetite.

I glance at him from the corner of my eye. Is he really going to ignore me? For how long? Should I apologise again?

No! I apologized once, twice actually! I'm not going to shatter my ego for his!

I nod at my inner voice but once again, my stomach reminds me that I need food.

Think Elise, think! What can you possibly do?

I look around place we'd stopped and then an idea lights up in my head. I could climb a tree and see if there's any fruit trees around.

My mind made, I start my climb on a tree, my ape tendencies in full swing. Luke finally decides to acknowledge my existence.

"What are you doing?"

"Climbing."

"For what reason?"

I look back and give him a foul look "I thought I should just hang myself. Who knows, afterlife might not be so bad."

With a nod, Luke opens a bag and pulls out a coil of rope. He tosses it at me and I clumsily catch it.

"You're going to need that," he says and goes back his inspection of the map

No, Elise. You can't kill him. He's your only hope of survival.

I balance the rope on a branch and stand on one myself. Through the thick veil of leaves and boughs, I look around the neighborhood, searching for the supreme form of life; food.

Trees. Rocks. Dirt. More trees. Moving plants. More rocks─

Wait, what?

My gaze snaps back to the moving patch of brown and green. Breath hitches in my throat.

Just under me, I see metal first. The long metallic muzzle of a gun pointed straight at my asshole of a partner. The holder has brown hair and wearing a dark green shirt; camouflage.

In my panic, I loose balance and slip from the branch.

A scream rips past my mouth, getting lost in an echoing bang! As I collide with another body. My wild eyes open to meet dark brown ones.

Alpha Jason stares back at me, his rifle laying a little away.

He lets out a breathy laugh "Never thought we'd be in this position here."

I take in consideration the fact that I'm pretty much stardling him.

"Really? I totally saw this coming," I say

"I already knew─

I start strangling him.

In the background, I hear sounds of groaning and fighting, another bang! rings in the air but all of that remains my secondary concern since Jason manges to shove me off himself.

"You bitch!" His voice is raspy, face red

He moves to grab the rifle but a small click! makes him stop. I snap my head sideways, at Luke. He's holding a gun aimed at Jason's head. Other than a busted lip, he seems fine.

I wonder why I'm so relieved.

Jason swallows thickly and attempts a weak smirk.

"Luke, buddy," his voice has a slight termer "This has been real fun, but I should go now."

No expression crosses Luke face. Death hangs heavy in the air, who it'll take, it hasn't told yet. But I can guess.

Finally, Luke lowers the gun.

The moment he turns around, Jason leaps for the rifle and even before I have time to open my mouth, another bang! echos.

Sound dies at my tongue and I stare wide eyed at blood on Jason's forehead, gushing out of a hole. His brown eyes glaze over and his body falls on the forest floor with a thud.

Death cheers and dances in the still air, the stench of blood heavy even without supernatural senses.

"You okay?"

I snap out of my thoughts and look at Luke, he's offering me a hand.

Unable to form words, I nod. I put my hand in his, feeling absurdly assured. Warm, alive, unbloodied.

He pulls me up and his dark gaze scans my frame quickly, once assured, he starts walking, taking me along.

At our little camp site, I see another body, a bloody hold in his chest. I avert my eyes.

"Maybe we should go somewhere else," I say to Luke "someone must've heard the shots."

Luke casts me a glance, for a moment I think he's about to say something but then he nods.

We take our bags and walk off.

***

The fire cackles. I sit with my back against a tree, eyes on the flickering flames.

"Here,"

My eyes widen at the loaf of bread in front of my face. Mindlessly, I take it.

"So you decided to be generous?" I raise an eyebrow at Luke

"No." He leans against the same tree, eyes on the fire "you earned it."

I furrow my brows, trying to put back the falling pieces of my head and then something clicks.

I saved his life.

Accidentally, but still.

"So we're back to being a team?" I ask, grinning

Luke sighs, long and exaggerating. Then he nods.

"Yes!" I punch the air a d then devour my food. Heaven! This is heaven!

Once I finish eating, I turn to Luke again "You really should do something about that wound, it might get infected."

Luke raises a hand to touch his busted lip but I slap it away. Doesn't he know it might start bleeding again?

Giving me a look, he goes through one of his bags and brings out a little box. Disinfectant.

"Let me," I take it from his hand

"Seriously?" Luke says distastefully "I'm not a child."

I turn his face towards myself and lean forward, a little bit of cream on my finger.

"I know," I say, not sure for what I say it

Gingerly, I apply the disinfectant on the wound, mind wandering to far off places.

"Luke?" I ask softly, he hmms in response "Would you... Would you kill anyone for victory?"

For a moment, he doesn't answer. I look up at his eyes, the only sound I hear is the cackling of fire.

Luke lowers my hand from his face, holding my gaze with his stormy eyes.

"I'd rather be the hunter than the prey, Hazel."

He gets up, leaving me to wonder about nothing and everything.

"Go to sleep," Luke says "I'll keep watch tonight."

I nod and glance down at my finger, with which I'd tended his wound.

It's red with blood.

***

Sneak peek:

"Didn't we have some royal werewolves or something to be kings?" I ask

"We did," Luke nods, eyes on the map "but after the vampire wars, they were no more. And I wouldn't say it was bad."

***
Like it? Vote!
Enjoy it? Comment!
Love it? Share it with your friends!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

603K 18.7K 34
*COMPLETED* Rose Ivy Lawrence. She becomes an omega for something she didn't do, and faces two months of torture. Because of him. Alpha Playboy, Alph...
124K 4.5K 64
Book 1 of The Lost Crown Series "Miss Selena Wilson, I have enough evidence, right at this instant to announce you as a traitor to the pack. You are...
9.7M 332K 46
(Completed) My back ran into the wood door as he held my arms at my side, my breath heavy and my knees weak. "Say it." He demanded. I shook my...
191 36 31
Its dark, its twisted, its about power and dominance. What will happen when two alpha clashes? What will they do when their twisted destiny plays tri...