Monster: Year 1

By IvanBullock

Y/N is a boy who knows little about his life. Experimented on as a child, he was freed by the Creator. Follow... More

A Story About A Boy
Black Cat Arc #1
Black Cat Arc #2
Black Cat Arc #3
Heart of Iron
Welcome to the Program Arc #1
Welcome to the Program Arc #2
A Modern Family
The Visions Arc #1
The Visions Arc #2
The Visions Arc #3
The Little Voice
Avengers HQ Arc #1
Avengers HQ Arc #2
School Days
The Unbelievable Arc #1
The Unbelievable Arc #2
The Unbelievable Arc #3
The Tale of The Baby Wasp
A Deadly Mistake
The Fist Bros
Yankee Doodles
The Cat and Mouse Arc #1
The Cat and Mouse Arc #2
The Cat and Mouse Arc #3
The Cat and Mouse Arc #4
Monster Problems
The Scarlet Date
Two Wandas
The Iron Arc #1
The Iron Arc #2
The Iron Arc #3
The Iron Arc #4
The Iron Arc #5
Fist Bros 2: The Return of the Fist
The Young Avengers Arc #1
The Young Avengers Arc #2
Team Shorts #1
Monster: Road to X-Men
Monster/X-Men #1
Monster/X-Men #2
Monster/X-Men #3
Monster/X-Men #4
Growing Up and Letting Go
Nova and Monster
Dead Space
The Ten Rings Arc #1
The Ten Rings Arc #2
The Ten Rings Arc #3
The Ten Rings Arc #4
The Ten Rings Arc #5
The Ten Rings Arc #6
The Ten Rings Arc #7
Parties and Such
Strikers
Killers Born Arc #1
Killers Born Arc #2
Killers Born Arc #3
A Story About A Boy

Welcome to the Program Arc #3

4K 132 83
By IvanBullock

You kneeled on the rooftop across the way where you could see the warehouse below. Beside you, were four figures.

Daredevil: This should be simple. Just an in and out kind of job.

Luke: Are we going in loud and proud?

Jessica: Obviously. Do we do it any other way?

Iron Fist: Perhaps we should give that approach a try one of these days.

You watched them interact over your shoulder. They seemed, close. Like a tight knit family of sorts. You kinda felt like you were more or less a neighbor than a family member.

Danny looked over to you and smiled.

Danny: I look forward to sharing this battle with you, Y/N.

Jessica rolled her eyes.

Jessica: You can act like a kid, you know. You don't always have to talk like those monks.

Danny nodded and turned back to you.

Danny: Yo, dog, I'm stoke to being throwing hands with you, homie.

He then threw up two peace signs. Jessica smacked the back of his head which just made him smirk and Luke roll his eyes.

Right. These four were the Defenders. Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, Danny aka the Iron Fist, and Daredevil. Or whatever his real name was. How did he see through that mask?
~~~~~~~~
2 hours ago...

You walked into the apartment and found three more people standing there in their gear.

Luke: You must be the new blood.

Jessica: Try and keep up, kid. We aren't babysitters.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Talk about pressure.

Luke: So, kid, what's your code name?

You realized they were talking to you and you stood up.

Y/N: Uh, I don't...have a hero name. Yet. I kinda barely started last week so....

Daredevil: Then I guess we'll just call you kid. But, you should take this time to calm down. Your heart beat is going too fast for you to think straight.

How did he know your heart was racing?

Luke: Don't scare the kid with your ears, DD. Let's focus on the matter at hand.

You all turned back to the warehouse. This was your stronghold assignment. While the Avengers and the Program were broken into two groups at two other strongholds.

While you were kinda bummed about not meeting the Avengers, you were pretty happy about actually doing something. Plus, you did have some experience with messing with the Maggia families.

Though, it felt wrong doing this without Cat. You wondered if you should go and visit her sometime. If you could even find her.

Jessica: I say we do some recon first. Get a lay of the warehouse.

Recon could be useful. You were on their turf after all.

Daredevil: I agree. Alright. Danny, Y/N, you two head in. If trouble comes, we'll hold them off.

Luke: Try not to get caught.

You and Danny both nodded. You both jumped down and landed in the alley below. From there, you snuck across the way and towards the warehouse.

You looked at the door and saw that it was locked. You looked at Danny who just clenched his fist. You watched as a yellow glow surrounded it. He then punched the door handle which caused the door to open slightly.

Y/N: What was...

Danny: The Iron Fist. I rightfully inherented it from plunging my fist into the heart of a dragon.

You blinked once, twice, three times.

Y/N: That sounds.....interesting.

Danny: So I've been told.

You just shrugged and headed inside. You and Danny looked around in the dark. It seemed like a normal warehouse. Nothing out of the ordinary. You noticed some crates nearby and you walked over to it. You grabbed the lid, and tore it off.

Danny: Super strength?

Y/N: And fire, ice, healing factor, and I got claws.

You made a fist and showed him a pair of flaming claws.

Danny: Far out.

You smirked and retracted your claws. You then looked into the box.

Y/N: Fist?

Danny walked over and looked inside the box as well. It was filled with Vibranium. Danny walked over to another box and broke the top to look inside.

Danny: This one has weapons. Maggia is written all over this.

Y/N: Well, at least we know that this is the right place. Let's head up and signal the others.

Danny nodded. You both headed for the stairs to head up. However, while you were doing that, the others watched the entrance.

Daredevil: Something isn't right.

Luke: I noticed it too. No one is here.

Jessica looked at the warehouse and realized that they were right. There were no workers, no gangsters, no thugs, no one.

Jessica: Where are they?

Luke: Well, if they're not here, then....

Daredevil: They're inside.

You and Danny walked up the steps towards the office. The plan was to just destory everything since no one was coming. The whole thing was, if they weren't there, they were at the memeeting. The meeting in where the two unknown bosses were discussing plans for the Vibranium trade.

However, you failed to realize that the meeting was taking place in the very warehouse you were currently in. Said meeting was happening at this very moment in the office.

The same office you had just walked into.

You and Danny froze at the sight of several men in suits, all holding guns, with two very important and scary looking men.

One of which, you recognized immediately.

Hammerhead: Kid?

???: What the hell is this, Hammerhead?!

You and Danny looked at each other before you turned back to the two bosses. You then backed out of the room and closed the door.

Danny: Tombstone and Hammerhead? Looks like I made a good call bringing you.

Y/N: You got stuck with me.

Danny: Same difference.

Y/N: So, uh, what do we do now?

Danny: I will be honest with you, friend. I haven't the slightest clue.

Y/N: Wanna, I dunno, just kick their asses?

Danny: Sure.

You both nodded and you kicked in the door. You immediately engulfed your fist with fire and sent the first man flying through the wall. Danny ducked under another man's rifle and delivered a palm hit to his chin which got his feet off the floor, before he fell back down.

Gunfire opened and you covered Danny as the bullets hit you. You popped out your claws and charged forward. You sliced through one pistol and stabbed into the man before you threw him though the office window. You were shot in the shoulder and you turned around to see who had just shot you.

The man stood there, shaky aim, before he dropped the gun and tried to run. Danny instead reached his arm out and clotheslined the man. You and Danny nodded at each other. That wasn't so bad.

Tombstone: Bad move, kid.

You turned around just as your senses went off. You were punched square in the nose by a fist that felt like a freight train which sent you through the hole you had made earlier. Tombstone followed you as Hammerhead focused on Danny. He cracked his knuckles and charged at the Chi user.
-----------
Luke: Tony? This is Luke Cage, reporting in. Our warehouse is empty.

Tony: Empty? What do you mean empty?

Jessica: He means no one is here, Stark. No guards, no workers, nothing.

The line was silent for a moment.

Tony: Oh no.

Daredevil: Oh no? Why oh no?

Tony: Uh, I think that meeting is happening in that warehouse. We're the kid?

The three heroes looked at the warehouse. Daredevil listened closer and sure enough, he heard the sound of gunfire.

Daredevil: Shit.
--------------
Y/N: Fuck!

You grabbed your fist in pain. You had tried to hit Tombstone but it felt like you were just punching a wall. Nope. Not a wall. You can punch through a wall. This was just something else entirely.

Tombstone: Where do they find these brats?

He grabbed your head and flung you across the warehouse. You flew right past Danny and Hammerhead who were engaged in their own fight.

Danny delivered an uppercut to Hammerhead, who felt it, but he just brought his head back down and slammed it right into Danny's. He stumbled back in pain as he felt blood start to flow from the injury. He shook his head as the red blood began to stain through his mask.

Hammerhead: I never killed a kid before, but I think I'm gonna enjoy this.

Hammerhead charged at Danny again and got him in the gut which he used to carry him across the warehouse. Meanwhile, you pushed yourself up and popped out your claws and ignited them.

Tombstone charged at you but you swung and cut his shoulder. So you could hurt him, at least. Wait, he didn't even flinch. He just grabbed you and dropped you on his knee, which caused you unbelievable pain. You fell to the floor and felt yourself heal, but Tombstone had already grabbed you and threw you across the warehouse again.

You landed by Danny and let out a groan as you pushed yourself up.

Danny: These guys are no job. No wonder the Avengers want them taken down.

Y/N: I, I can't hurt that stone guy.

Danny: Tombstone?

Y/N: Whatever his name is.

Danny gave it some thought.

Danny: I think we should switch. You know Hammerhead and you can do some serious damage. I'll take Tombstone. I think my Iron Fist can break him.

You nodded.

Y/N: Well, I think your Iron Fist thing is probably stronger than I am.

Danny: Wait, did you try your flames?

You shook your head.

Y/N: My flames don't add any more power behind my punch. It just looks cool.

Danny lowered his guard and turned towards you.

Danny: Like, fire damage?

The hell was that?

Y/N: Y-Yeah. I know what that is.

Danny: Fire Damage. Like in the video games.

Y/N: What are video games?

Danny looked at you surpised.

Danny: Seriously, dude? I was raised by monks and even I know what video games are.

You threw your hands up and rolled your eyes.

Y/N: Oh, look at me. I was raised by monks and I know what video games are.

Danny: I do not sound like that.

Y/N: Well, hippie, I was raised on the streets. Sorry we're not all privileged like you. I had to do jobs for big toe over there.

Danny: You say that like it was somehow my fault.

While you were bickering, Hammerhead and Tombstone watched.

Hammerhead: Are they seriously arguing in the middle of a fight?

Tombstone: Amateurs.

Danny: Just take Hammerhead!

Y/N: Fine!

You both turned towards the men and charged forward which surpsied the bosses. Hammerhead was suddenly met with an ice covered fist while Hammerhead felt his jaw break under the pressure of the Iron Fist.

You and Danny leaped back as the men stumbled. You smirked and nodded to Danny. He nodded back and you both charged at the men again. Once again you hit them, but this time, they were out for the count. You and Danny watched as they fell over, unconscious.

Danny: Not bad, street rat.

Y/N: Right back at you, monk boy.

You both clasped your hands together and grinned. Before the door to the warehouse was blasted down. You and Danny looked over and watched as the Defenders and the Avengers flooded in.

Y/N: Oh. Now they send back-up.
-------------
You and Danny sat on the couch back at the tower as the heroes all discussed their reports. Well, most of the Avengers were already back at base so Tony and Cap came instead. Danny had a bag of ice on his head while you had one on your hand. Just cause you heal it doesn't mean it didn't still hurt.

Sam: You guys fought Hammerhead and Tombstone. Awesome.

Kamala: Awesome? We didn't even get to fight any thugs and these two got all the fun. So not fair.

Everyone else in the Program sat on the couch with you and Danny. Miles was actually the one who got you the ice. Oh, and Kamala and Miles didn't know that you knew who they are.

Danny: I have to say, I had some fun tonight. Thank you for fighting along my side.

You just waved it off with your good hand.

Y/N: Don't mention it. Just doing my job.

You and Danny did knuckles and smiled. The older heroes were fishing up their conversation and then turned to you.

Tony: So, this is the first time meeting in person. You disappointed?

You shrugged.

Tony: That's fair.

Cap: You two did good work tonight. You should be proud. You helped us stop the maggia families from illegally selling that Vibranium. You saved a lot of lives.

Tony: Oh, and the kitty prince says thanks.

The kitty prince? Wait, were they talking about Black Panther?

Cap: Get some rest. You earned it.

You saluted as the two left. You then looked at the Defenders.

Luke: You guys did do good. You make a good team.

Danny and you looked at each other. Did you? It did feel good to have someone watching your back like he did.

Jessica: Which is why we talked to Tony and Widow. Danny, we think you should join the Program.

Danny sat up in surpise while you smiled. He looked at you then at his team.

Danny: Really? I mean, I would love to but what about the Defenders?

Daredevil: We can handle things when you're not there.

Widow: True. Everyone does this team on their own time. You still have your duties as a hero and a teenager. I'm hoping you're a student.

Jessica: He tries to get out of it, but yes. He is.

Danny rubbed the back of his neck and looked at everyone.

Danny: May I have time to think this offer over?

Widow: Course. You'll have plenty of time.

Danny nodded in thanks. Widow then looked at you.

Widow: Now, I need to talk to you in the morning. But for now, go get some sleep. And, uh, good job, kid.

She ruffled your hair and followed the Defenders out of the room. The other Program heroes looked at you.

Riri: So, what do you think?

Kamala: Regretting joining us yet?

You just smiled.

Y/N: Not even a little.
-----------
Meanwhile, a man sat in the darkness of his basement as he worked in silence.

???: Father?

The man looked up to see his daughter standing there.

???: What is it?

???: Natasha has contacted us. She will talk to him tomorrow.

???: Very well. Go get some sleep, Vivian.

The girl nodded and flew up to phase through the floor. The man turned back to his work. He was interested in meeting you. And having you as a guest.

This was going to be interesting.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

111K 4K 21
Y/N a highschool student who seems to try to have a normal life in a city that is full of crime, heroes and villains. Sadly no one can have a normal...
20.5K 768 8
[NOT COMPLETED] Y/n Parker was a young boy when it all happened, nearly twelve. The Avengers had failed and Thanos succeeded in snapping away half of...
87.1K 1.5K 15
Y/n is a innocent and pure little boy who cares about doing the right thing but sadly his family are entirely overprotective of him but one day he sn...
23.3K 441 15
Story about a girl named y/n who can manipulate matter (e.g. turning things into other substances with her mind) Contains panic/anxiety attacks (and...