Skate!

By JazzyReads761

Dream, a skater, with a bunch of skater friends. George, a skater, having just moved, had only one skater fri... More

Skating at night is the best time to skate.
Why are you guys in there?
Your favorite half and half boy!
I've been injured, carry me!
Uh, I rode him.
The bets are on!
Wednesdays are odd.
Text your parents and tell them you're staying over.
I haven't been paying attention and I have no idea how to do this homework.
The weekend hangout.
Sapnap ships it.
You know those BuzzFeed "Am I Gay" tests? Yeah...
Where ignorance is bliss, 'tis folly to be wise.
I'm a king, bitch.
Maybe I do like him, Techno.
Why do you kiss me?
Do a flip!
If I were to judge you, I would be a hypocrite.
I can bet that he doesn't like you as much as I do.
Good riddance
I command you to sleep.
I comand you to-
Twinkies
They can't be dead.
We got him. Are you ready?
Hell yeah, I'm in. Who do you think I am?
I command you to follow all of Quackity and Techno's orders!
Do you like me or not?
The end
QUICK QUESTION EVERYONE! READ IF INTERESTED IN WEBTOONS!
Webtoon time.
We have a Discord!

What's your shoe size?

9.6K 285 819
By JazzyReads761

"I heard that Techno took you to the skate park yesterday." Niki said. The three of them were sitting at the picnic table outside. "Yeah, and I got used to riding rollerblades. I took a pretty hard fall though." George said.

His back had gotten better since then and he decided to keep trying to work on getting that move down. Niki advised against it, suggesting to try simpler tricks first but George was too hard-headed to sway. Techno already knew this but let them argue to their hearts desire.

Niki left the two earlier since her class was farther away. The two of them were walking through the cafeteria, Techno was talking about how the different structures of skates and blades helped them perform certain moves better.

George was paying attention as much as he could but he looked away for a second and met the eyes of Sapnap. He quickly turned back around to Techno. He was a more extroverted person but he didn't want to deal with the loudness of the boys in the middle of a full cafeteria.

They walked out and George gave his opinion on the difference between riding the skates himself. "I can't really say much because I only used them once but I think that learning tricks on blades is more fun than learning them on skates." George said. Techno looked at him with confusion.

"There's more thrill having less support. And falling is fun sometimes." George finished. Techno nodded his head in understanding.

"You see, I've been raised on skating. So, I don't remember the 'thrill of falling' much. Roller blades are my favorite out of the two." Techno said. George laughed at the sarcastic tone that came out of the monotone voice.

Techno smiled at the laugh and dropped him off at his class with a bow of his head. As soon as he turned around, his smile faded again. George thought that meant that Techno was getting more comfortable around him.

George was in robotics and he felt a person's stare burning into the back of his neck. He didn't want to look behind him, causing unnecessary disruption. So he pulled out his phone under his desk and turned on the camera.

He started recording and put the phone in his backpack pocket. The pocket only went up half way so that it didn't cover the phone camera, it had a clear view of everyone behind him.

George thought about it now and it probably made more of a scene than simply looking behind him. He didn't worry about it now that it was done, he just focused on his class.

Dream stared at the boy in front of him. He kept tapping his pencil on his desk. Eraser, point, eraser, point, eraser. Then he stopped and pulled something out of his front pocket. Dream watched as he took the object and put it in his backpack pocket. A phone. Dream stared at it.

Was it on? What was he doing with his phone just hanging out of his backpack pocket? The teacher's back was turned and Dream easily took the phone out without suspicion. He turned it around to see that it was recording.

He turned the recording off and deleted the video. He didn't need it anyways. Instead, Dream just took a picture of himself. At least this would be less creepy than having a video of him. He returned the phone to the backpack pocket and continued to stare at the boy.

George, a skater. Not just that, a rollerblader. He smiled. Why was he taking a video?

George, Techno and Niki decided to meet up again at the skatepark. George's parents really didn't mind where he went as long as ha was back home the next day. George had always been outside skating around the town and he was very responsible.

Plus, he had a lot of siblings, it was easier for him to just be outside so that they wouldn't have to handle more kids than they needed to. George was lucky to have parents who had so much trust in him. Or they just thought that since they had so many that one was disposable. Either way he was happy to be able to do mostly whatever he wanted.

He finished his homework and he heard a notification go off on his phone. What perfect timing. He picked up the phone to see who had texted him. It was Dream.

'Are you going to the skatepark tonight?' It read. George replied,

'Yea. Y?' George saw the text bubbles go up and then fade away, and then they were back up again. He was really thinking about what he was going to say.

'You mind if I come and watch? It's fine if it's not. I'm just curious about skating.' George smiled. He really didn't mind showing Dream his skating. But he worried about how Techno would feel about being watched.

So, what if he wasn't just watching?

'Of course. But quick question, since you're so tall. What's your shoe size?' George hoped that it wasn't obvious what he was asking for.

'*insert shoe size here* You know curiosity killed the cat.' Dream replied. George smiled.

'And satisfaction brought him back.'

Dream wasn't stupid. He knew why George had asked for his shoe size, and it wasn't because he was tall. He was scared and excited at the same time. But then again, he doubted that George had skates his size.

He would be fine just watching anyways. So, it really didn't matter if he had them or not.

He was really lucky to have Skeppy suggest for them to go late at night. If not, he never would have an opportunity like this one. But he shouldn't get his hopes up just yet. He calmed back down. It wasn't possible that he was actually going to be taught how to skate.

He didn't know anything about George, maybe he was actually just curious. He did try and take a video of him during class. George was quite the interesting character.

George arrived at the skatepark to see Techno already skating. Techno was focused on going in and out of the cones. George didn't want to disturb him so he just sat down and watched.

The turns were so smooth, it was a wonder to behold. He had made it passed the cones and sharply stopped. He sighed and looked up. He saw George and George waved at him. Techno looked to the ground and skated over to him.

"That was really good." George said. Techno sat beside him, refusing to look at him.

"Thanks." He said.

Niki arrived afterwards and they all tried to slalom skate. Of course Techno was way better at it than them. Going on one of his wheels, turning a full 180 degrees when he goes through the cones, crossing his legs and uncrossing them. It was almost beautiful.

Niki did it almost just as well. With every turn her hair swayed in front and out of her face. George wondered how she was even able to see anymore. She even spun twice around the cones. The two were truly amazing.

It was George's turn and he no longer felt like doing it. But he had to, even if he made a fool of himself. He rolled up to the cones, they were small, but he was so intimidated by them.

He sighed and started to weave his way through them. He did nothing extravagant for the first part, mostly scissoring through them. Then he crossed one foot in front of the other and started to turn it. He swung his other foot around behind the first foot and now he was backwards. And behind him was a person. Dream.

He looked at him for a millisecond too long and the back wheel of his blades got caught in the middle of the cone behind him. He lifted the foot that was stuck and flailed around until he was stable again.

He put his hands on his thighs and breathed heavily. His heart dropped when his foot got stuck. He sighed and pulled himself up to a standing position again.

"Hey! Come over here!" George yelled waving at Dream. Dream started to walk over.

"Who's that, George?" Niki asked.

"Oh he's one of the guys me and Techno met yesterday. He said he was interested in skating so I invited him to come along. I'm sorry I didn't tell you guys beforehand." George said. He hadn't informed them because he didn't want Techno to run away. But he probably wouldn't have anyways.

"It's fine George. Just tell us next time." Techno said and George smiled. At least they were nice people. Dream had made it to them and George saw that he was wearing a mask and his hood was up again.

"Wow, way to look as suspicious as possible, Dream." George joked and Dream laughed.

"Yeah, I just didn't want my face to get cold." He said. He looked over to Techno who bowed his head in greeting. Then he looked at Niki and his eyebrow raised.

"Oh, I'm Niki. Nice to meet you! I heard you're interested in skating." Niki said holding out her hand.

"I'm Dream. And yeah, I've been interested for a while." Dream said.

"Well, we'll be happy to teach you about skating if you would like to!" Niki said enthusiastically. She really just was a ray of sunshine in any situation.

"Oh yeah! Dream, follow me." George said rolling away with Dream jogging to keep up with him.

"Dream?" Niki questioned Techno. Techno shrugged, "must be some nickname." Niki accepted the answer.

George reached his bag and pulled out two pairs of skates. Dream looked at them and his face lit up. George smiled at the reaction. He handed Dream his skates and he admired them.

They were ones that his grandma got him. She hadn't asked for his shoe size or if he already had them, she just bought them. And they were conveniently Dream's shoe size.

"A-are you sure George? These must be expensive and you barely know me. What if I ruin them? Do you really-" Dream was cut off by George's laugh.

"It's fine Dream. Just put them on." George said. Dream hurried to sit down and put on the skates and George put his on as well. He didn't want to be wearing blades when teaching someone to ride skates. Dream had put them on faster than George did and he tried to stand up, only to fall back onto the seat.

George giggled, "be patient. We have all night." George stood up easily and outstretched his hand for Dream to take. Dream took his hand, or rather wrist, and used it to support him while he slowly stood. Niki and Techno skated their way over to the two.

"Okay now try and move." George said. Dream used straight legs and slid his feet back and forth on the ground in an attempt to move.

"Okay, now stop." Dream stopped.

"Okay, first you have to lower your hips," George said as he lowered his hips. Dream copied him.

"Now that you have bent legs, you don't want to walk forward," Dream looked at him confused.

"Look, if you try to move by moving your legs straight forward," George started to move his legs in straight lines.

"You won't go anywhere. You have to go one leg at a time. Get on your stopper for me." Dream did as George said and George let go of his hand.

"Look, left," George leaned to his left leg.

"Then right," George pushed and leaned to his right.

He started moving, saying left every time he leaned left and saying right whenever he leaned right. Dream watched the demonstration closely. Seeing where his legs ended up every step, seeing how they looked when he pushed, and seeing how his upper body moved.

George came back and held his hand out again; Dream took it eagerly. He could do this. He got of his stopper and pushed off with his left leg, leaning to his right.

Then he pushed again and leaned to his left. He repeated it over and over, but it wasn't as smooth as George. He looked at George who was staring at his figure. Techno and Niki were also staring.

"Get on your stopper again." Dream did as he was told.

"When you're skating, what leg do you use to push your board?" Techno asked and George let go of Dream's hand.

"I use my left." Dream replied.

"Oh! That must be why you're pushing with your left. You have to use both feet when you skate." Niki said demonstrating.

Dream saw how the push alternated between the feet. Dream held out his hand to George. George smiled and took it. Dream started to push off with his left foot, leaning to his right. Then he pushed of with his right, leaning to his left. It was a confusing thing to process at first but after a few minutes, he was able to slowly skate around the park with George holding his hand.

Then George let go, Dream lost his balance and fell on his hands and knees. He glared at George.

"Another thing, don't look at your feet." George said. Niki laughed and George grabbed Dream's hand to pull him up again.

"I don't know how much I trust you anymore." Dream said, wiping off his knees with his free hand. George laughed, "you kind of have to trust me. You couldn't even get back to your shoes without me."

Dream pouted before continuing to skate again. It took a while for him to be able to go on his own but George was patient with him.

Techno and Niki did their own thing but pitched in every now and then. After an hour of trying Dream was able to skate slowly without George's hand to help him. The problem was that he didn't know how to stop, and George hadn't thought that far until Dream was rolling towards him.

"DREAM! TURN YOUR FOOT! TURN YOUR-" Techno and Niki looked at the two just in time to see the crash. They quickly skated over to the two.

"Sorry I should have taught you how to stop." George said. Dream groaned.

George got out of the way just in time for Dream to run into the bench. When he ran into it he rolled to his back in order to injure himself less. Techno chuckled a bit, only noticed by Niki.

"Are you okay?" She asked as she fell to her knees beside him.

"Yeah, I'm fine." Dream laughed and stayed on the floor. George stood in front of him offering a hand. Dream took it and carefully stood up.

"Well do you guys want to call it a day?" George asked and everyone agreed that it was time to leave.

"Hey, could I, by any chance, keep these with me?" Dream asked George. George smiled widely, "Why not? Go ahead and keep them. I'm not growing into them any time soon." George said.

Dream's face was lit up again. George started to skate away, he wasn't one for awkward conversation enders. "Goodbye Dream!" George yelled, and Dream yelled it back.

Dream admired the skates again. Techno and Niki came up beside him. "It was really nice to meet you." Niki said. Dream looked at the two, forgetting that they were there in the heat of the moment.

"George really goes out in 'style.'" Techno said. Niki giggled, "I'm glad that we met both of you. I hope to see you in the future." Niki said. Dream held out his hand for a farewell shake but was greeted with a hug instead. She let go and stood beside Techno again.

"Yeah, same." Techno said. They turned around started to skate away as well. Dream wanted to be like them, he had seen how they traversed the cones. It was amazing. He held onto his skates tightly in one arm as he skated away on his board.

George got home and laid on his bed. That's when he remembered and sat up quickly. The video he had took in robotics! He pulled out his phone, he didn't recall ever stopping the recording. He went to his camera roll and saw a picture of someone holding up a peace sign. He sighed, of course. He was just glad his phone didn't get stolen.

2765 words

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

79.6K 2.6K 21
Book-1 of the 'Bad Guy' series - Sam Golbach is a boy living with a couple of close lads in a two story mansion. He was happy as he is and comfortabl...
272K 17.4K 81
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
328K 9.8K 22
(AU high school) Dream had been set up for failure his whole life. From no Dad to a deadbeat drunk Mom, Dream had to fend for himself. Some might thi...