The Bride of The Underworld [...

By LettuceBae

"You're insufferable," You sneer at her. "Why are you so hostile?" She replied smugly. "Come on now, you're... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Not a chap but......
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99

Chapter 37

4.2K 172 4
By LettuceBae

Y/N's POV

My keys jingle as I walk to my apartment room, I won't be surprised if I see Irene inside without opening the door, I inserted the key and to my shock, the door was ajar. I swung the door open to reveal a pacing Irene, she wore a hoodie and sweatpants, her hair was tied to a loose bun, she stopped and rushed towards me. 

Wait is she wearing flip flops?

She embraces me tightly, her head on the crook of my neck as she inhales. "Ah, you're alright." She lets go and scans me from head to toe, "Are you tired?" She asks with a worried expression. I give her a slow nod. 

"Yep, very." I answer her, she gives me a short peck then takes keys from me and places it on the counter. 

"Cuddles?" She ask with a raised brow, "Sure Hyunie. Let me change my clothes and freshen up."  She nods and sits on the couch, I stretch my limbs and went off to my room to change my clothes. 

After changing to a plain t-shirt and comfy shorts I sat beside Irene who immediately wrap her arms around me, I let out a blissful sigh as I lean towards her heat. She gently massage my shoulders, my eyes closed at the action, letting her do her thing as I relax against her gentle touch. 

Her hands then shifted to the side of my head, gently massaging the temple, I purred in satisfaction. I hear her chuckle, her laugh vibrated on my back. "Did that help?" 

"Uh Huh." I answer with a sigh that left my lips. She stopped, although I was already completely relaxed, my shoulders don't feel stiff an day back muscles no longer feels like tightening. "Did you eat dinner?" 

"Uh, no." I answer. "But I had coffee." I turn my head to see her frowning. "You hadn't eaten anything yet, except for coffee?"

"Yep." Popping the 'p' her frown deepen. "I'll make dinner for you." She shifted but I stopped her. "No, let's just stay here, please?" 

Her eyes softened, "Whatever you want, Y/N." I grin at her. "Thanks Hyunie." I say in a soft voice as she returns my grin. 

"Y/N." She hummed, I turn to her again. "What is it Hyun?" Her eyes twinkled. "You work tomorrow, right?" I play with the engagement ring. "Yeah, I have work tomorrow." 

"Cool." 

I raise my eyebrow at her, "Why cool?" 

"It's a surprise, vixen." She grinned. 

"I'm not going to talk you out of it, am I right?" I grinned as she laughs while crossing her arms that looked like an 'x'. 

"My mouth is sealed baby." She smiled as my heart flutters. "Alright." I give in. "Are you staying here tonight?" 

"Do you want me to?" She ask with her head tilted, but I can see mirth in her eyes. "Yes please!" I say aloud, she guffaws and rest her chin on my shoulder. 

"Alright, I'm staying. We are engaged after all." I felt her inhale my scent and she croons. I let out a yawn. 

"Let's take you to bed, alright?" She affirms and I squeal as she carries me bridal style. I place my hands on her neck, her eyes are now in a soft chocolate hue, a grin stretches on her rosy lips. 

"You're strong." I blurted out, immediately regretting what I said and flushed. She chuckled. "I know baby." 

"Let's just sleep." I muttered as she laughs, walking towards my bedroom. She complies and takes us both there, she places me gently on top of the mattress as I wrap the blanket around me like a cocoon. 

I open my arms for Irene to settle on them, she smiles and joins my embrace. I inhaled her scent, her fabric softeners' scent along with a chocolate accent lulling me gently to sleep. Irene gently pats my head and kissed my forehead.

"Goodnight Hyun." I yawned. My arms wrapping her waist and  pulls me closer to her. "Goodnight, Y/N."

_______________________________

Hyunjin was on his last minute of the shift, and with that he can finally go home. He sighed and stretch his limbs, he list all the purchase items that was on the data log of the cashier. Once done he locked the store and proceeded to head home. 

"Another day." He muttered. The cold wind blowed, his golden hair flowed. The night sky glowering at him, "Don't look at me like that, oh angels from above." He sneered. 

His light footsteps echoing in the now empty street. It seemed quite, a little too quite.....how odd...he continue down his path, his breath calm and collected. The usual busy street now dark, cold an empty. He ignored the uneasy feeling, the atmosphere was colder than he thought. 

"If this continues, I'm going to make a run for it." He muttered to himself, he subtly fasten the pace, his heart hammering against his ribcage. He heard the wind blowing aggressively now, that isn't a good sign...

"Fuck." He cursed and dashed away, his speed increasing as he runs to look for a more crowded, lively area. 

The wind seems to follow him with every twist and turn he makes, the aggressive air deafening his ears, but that's not stopping him from running like hell. He's starting to regret sneering at the skies earlier, but right now he needs to get away from that thing. 

He heard cars honking at the other side of the street, hoping for a safe haven, he dash towards it.   Miraculously, he found himself on the street market of Seoul, there's a lot of humans on each nook and cranny of the place, perfect. 

He makes a run for it, making sure to hide at every possible corner, something he had mastered after he was defected of his duty. He found a dark yet populated spot, their chatter overlapping the cars horns. 

"Anybody felt that cold breeze?" A man asked while rubbing his arms.

He heads straight for it, keeping his strides calm and natural as possible, he took off his jacket, ignoring the cold breeze and tosses it to some empty stall. He swiftly takes a cap from a seated stranger and wears it. The wind stopped, yet he kept walking, he felt it brush passed him yet it didn't stop.

Then the howl of the wind went upwards, as if surveying the populated area. He smirked, it didn't see him, not yet. When he finally catch up to some group of teenagers exiting the area, he immediately signaled for a taxi. 

Then he felt a cold chill crawl up his spine, he turned his head. His eyes narrowed at the sight, the angel was sat along with an unconscious man who's head lay on top of the table, he took the man's drink and sips it. Despite the distance, he was sure that the entity was staring at him with scrutiny. No doubt the angel did that to the unfortunate human, how irritating. 

He finally got a taxi and hops in, he told the address and went off. "Out of all the angels that they could have sent." He growled, "Why him." 

____________________________________________

The next day.....

Irene's POV

Work has been catching up awfully fast, here I am stuck in the conference room with Seulgi and Chanyeol. My hands clench and unclench, my legs feel numb over the last hour since we got here, our investors spewing out their interest on our new boutiques here in Seoul. 

"Ms. Bae," He said as he slides the business plan. "We've checked the boutiques, we are confident that they'll be up and running by next week." 

I put the plans down on the table, "And the designs?" I asked with a raised brow, "When can we see them?" 

"They're prepared already, Ms. Bae." He answered. 

"Excellent, I would like to see them now." 

Chanyeol turned to me, "Then Ms. Bae, Ms. Kang, follow me." All of us stand up to exit the conference room, I dismissed the two investors and follow Chanyeol into the production room, Seulgi following closely behind. My hands were at my back, our heels clack against the tiled floor. 

We approach two metal doors that lead to the production room, I'm greeted with busy workers who are doing their thing. One of the workers noticed us, "Chairwoman Bae!" The others were quick to know and bowed at me. I raise my palm to put them at ease. 

"Continue your work." I boomed, they all nod and went back to doing their task. We continue to walk in the aisle to the production area followed by Chanyeol and Seulgi, when we have arrived the expected new releases were in display while some are already in packages and suit boxes. 

I proudly beamed, "I can't wait for them to be introduced to the world." Seulgi chuckles. "You sound like an excited mom." 

"Leave her be, Seulgi." Chanyeol grins. I turn to Seulgi, "Is there anything else on my schedule?"

"No, Ms. Bae. You're free to leave." She states. "The staff are mostly relaxing now as well." 

"Alright." I clap my hands. "Everyone, great job today, you may all leave." I heard cheers and applause from my workers. 

"Ms. Bae, I'll dismiss myself now." Chanyeol said and left the room leaving me and Seulgi alone. 

"Don't you have a schedule with Y/N?" She asks. I immediately beamed again. 

"Oh yes, yes I do."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

175K 3.7K 16
you finally get a chance to be alone with your crush. and well... things escalate from there. ________ โ€ข mikasa ackerman x fem reader! โ€ข *THIS STOR...
35.9K 1.3K 24
Second book of Seulrene Preview story is available at Seulrene one-shot collection so check it out to find out what will happen Please upvote and sha...
58.1K 2.8K 81
Following controversial news regarding Irene, she was forced to take a hiatus. She lost her confidence due to this news, and she escaped to the count...
132K 3.9K 16
"I'm (y/n)." "Anything you'd like to say about yourself?" Why me?! "Well, I hate to be here, and all of you... And... I wish all of you were dead."...