✔️ You're not him | K.TH

By metaemorphisis

[Completed] "You're not him." "But I can love you better than him." Slipping through a portal and ending up i... More

PROLOGUE
Who are you?
The Bodyguard
Dating Scandal
New Neighbours
Introductions
Fanboy-ing
Fake Love
Move In
Departmental Store
The Cleaner
Another Shopping Spree
Pack of Ramyeon
Board Meeting
Mr. Einstein
Personal Question
Kim Yeji
Pity & Trust
Squirrel with a bad stomach
The Kims
The Search
The File
Nothing but a Tragedy
Nothing but a Tragedy pt.2
You Belong with Me
You're not Alone
The Blonde Male
The Troublemaker
The Eavesdropper
Interlude: You're not him
Loneliness
Glass of Water
The Emergency Exit
The Telephone
You deserve better
Press Conference
Publicity Stunt
The Traitor
The Confession
Back to Reality
Employee's Party
Bunny Boy
Make it Worth it
Roller coaster or Waterslide
Love Lies
EPILOGUE

The Autopsy

3.4K 296 89
By metaemorphisis

CHAPTER FORTY
The Autopsy

CHOI JISOO

Did seeing Taehyung again really meant saying goodbye to my family?

I pondered alone in Tae's reading chair. Even after six months of Tae's passing away, a subtle scent of musk and mint remained in the dark green velvet of the chair. When I thought to myself, it felt like I was speaking through him. This might all sound strange and borderline haunted to a third person, but to someone who lost a piece of them in a person... it was normal.

Did I really have to choose between my family and Taehyung?

As strange as it sounds, it only took me a moment to decide what I wanted.

So I stayed... searching for more answers.

Hobi said he'd take me back to the files department in the main building, but first, he wanted me to relax since I went crazy in that car ride a few days ago. He said I wasn't in my right mind. I mean, could I blame him?

All this time, I was standing before a door that I didn't know where it would lead me. But after finding out about Jungkook's existence, I realised what remained on the other side of the door.

But now stayed the question if going to the other side was a simple step towards my desire, or a walk in the dark - losing everything I have.

I could no longer decipher since when my mind could come up with such metaphorical thoughts.

Was I really starting to lose my mind?

Hobi took me to the main building again.

We walked down the same corridor again.

We found a security guard near the door again.

Except, the face of the guard Eli bed to someone I knew well.

"Jin."

The guard's eyes almost fell off his face when he heard me utter his name out.

"D-do I know you, miss?" His brows jumped in a cartoonish manner.

"No." I managed a smile, "It was your badge."

He looked down at the rectangular badge on his uniform and hit himself in the head after realising, "My bad. But may I ask why you are here? This area needs authorisation. I can't let you in if-"

"Calm down, calm down, will you?" Hobi chuckled and reached his hand into his coat pocket, "Hmm, this is where I kept it..."

He began searching and tapping every part of his fabric.

"Did you forget your ID?"

Hobi looked at me with wide eyes, "I think I did."

Jin, who was scrutinising our exchanged, rolled his eyes, "Then I might have to ask you to leave."

"But I'm Jung Hoseok! Mr Jung's son." Hobi pleaded.

"If you're Jung Hoseok, then I am Brad Pitt!" Jin snapped, "Now get out of here before I kick you out myself!"

"God dammit!" Hobi rubbed his temple, "But I'm telling the truth! I am Jung Ho-"

"What's happening over here?"

A deep, scratchy voice made itself heard behind us. Hobi and I froze in our places, and so did Jin, but for different reasons.

"Dad." I sighed, turning around, "Could you please ask Mr Kim to let us in?"

"Dad?" Jin breathed out.

"That's what I've been saying!" Hobi shook his head at the stunned security guard.

"And why do you need to go in, sweetheart?"

"I just..."

"She's helping me look for one of my previous patient's records. Yeah!" Hobi nodded, intensely.

"Well, if you tell me the name of your patient, I'll ask my manager to get it for you."

I frowned, "But, dad-"

"Have a good day, my children."

I stared into my father's back as he walked away, leaving Hobi and I confused and uneasy. He had never spoken or done something like that to us before...

Hobi and I exchanged glances and looked back to Jin.

"Can you let us in? Please?"

Jin shook his head, "I'm afraid that I cannot."

Hobi let out a frustrated groan and took my hand, "Let's go."

My lips remained sealed as I got dragged out of the building. However, my mind was a different case. Extreme thoughts filled my head. I began to think of the worse reasons my father wouldn't let us check the files.

One gnawing question remained.

Did I really know my father?

We sneaked in.

We were left with no other choice, so we sneaked in at night when the guard when in his toilet break. For something that needed 24/7 security, this guard was pretty dull.

The thought that we could get caught at any moment made my heart race.

"Okay." Hobi whisper-shouted to me, "Find what you're looking for. And fast!"

I ran to the 'J' section and began looking for Jungkook's file. Looking for it in the dark with nothing but the help of a flashlight made the job harder.

"Look for a file named Jeon Jungkook."

We spent ten minutes, but it seemed shorted due to the adrenaline rush I was feeling. Hobi and I found seven files with the same name, but the photograph of the young boy was a dead giveaway.

Hugging the correct file to my chest, Hobi and I began to make our way to the exit. But my legs stopped as if they had the mind of their own.

"What are you doing?" Hobi hissed, "Let's go!"

I looked to my left, 'K' section.

I bit my lip in thought, what made dad act strange?

I shoved Jungkook's file into Hobi's arms and ran towards the Kim section, "I need to look for Taehyung's file."

"WHAT!" Hobo slapped his palm against his mouth, eyes wide. He removed his palm and whisper-shouted, "What?"

"Dad is hiding something. I need to find it out."

"I know, but bows not the time. If we get caught-"

"Found it!" I smiled at the photograph on the first page.

"Fine!" Hobi grabbed my hand, "Let's get out then!"

The happiness after successfully rebelling against dad was different. I had never felt this emotion before, but it made me want to feel it more often.

Hobi and I genuinely smiled and laughed together for the first time since Tae's death. It almost felt alien, but I was glad.

"Anymore files we need to steal? 'Cause we should do this again!" Hobi chuckled.

"Definitely!" I laughed along with my brother.

Even though it was over midnight, cars were jammed on the road. But the frustration of being stuck never got to us.

With the files on my lap, I looked out of my window into the city of lights.

I drop of water splashed against the glass.

"Ugh! I heard there's going to be thunderstorms tonight." Hobi muttered, but I looked out, admiring how beautifully droplets of water kissed the Earth.

Breaking away from the window, I looked down at my lap.

I picked up Jungkook's file first.

Namjoon was right. Jungkook passed away at the age of 9 because of being in coma. Then came the question. Did I have to be in coma to go back to the other word? If that was the case... then how would that be possible? Again.

The reason Jungkook could never come back like I did was because he no longer had a vessel over here. He was dead here, only to be fully and independently alive there. But in my case, I had my body, alive and well, for me to return.

I shut the file and sighed, resting my head on the seat.

I would have to go into coma as well to visit Taehyung. But to stay there forever... I'd somehow have to dead in my coma state. But even if I got there, what if I got pulled back again after a few years?

Knowing my family, they'd never give up on me. And they also had the money to keep me on the system till I perished... then what? Would I have to go through this again?

Sighing, I picked up the second file. Even though my lips curled as my fingers brushed against Tae's picture... an uneasy feeling began to drown my heart.

Name - Kim Taehyung
Age - 26
Marital status - Engaged
Children - None
Cause of death - Haemorrhage in the frontal cranium due to a road accident.

My eyes turned blurry.

Images of Tae's face popped up in my head as I read through.

When I flipped to the next page, I found pictures of his autopsy. His lips were busted. Skin pale and grey. Hair dishevelled. Bruises all over his face. Cheeks sunken in - hollow.

My chest pained to see these images, but my eyes didn't stop itself from examining every bruise and scratch on his face.

I felt a frown twist onto my face when I noticed something.

Time of death - 9:06 AM 29th, October.

But I got his news at 11:00 PM... 28th October.

"We're home!" Hobi chimed beside me.

Unedited

Since y'all were DYYYYYYING for an update, here it is!!!

I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

I know I said that this book will be ending soon, but it has been going on for a while. I promise it'll end soon xD

💜💜Until next timeeeee!!!💜💜

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.8K 390 14
*** "I was his past ! and you can never change that " she stated with great pride. " Yes you can be but I am his present and future as well.. let pas...
5.6K 614 31
Sarica, who nightly dreamt of her own death wasn't afraid of anything. That is until she wakes up trapped inside a castle owned by a terrifying creat...
68K 2.5K 46
"I got me someone else instead, he's taking your side of the bed" in which a stan continuously watches her stan like her posts until she does a face...
874K 48.8K 57
"I hate you Park Jimin! I hate you for coming into my life, living in my apartment and making me see you every day! But I hate you the most for makin...