La Camarera y La Autora

By djjinx

"I did everything I can just to help everyone." - Tiffany "I did everything I can to help you recover from th... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Lips on Lips
Chapter 2: Kim TaeYeon
Chapter 3: Tiffany Hwang
Chapter 4: Psycho
Chapter 5: Pornstar Martini
Chapter 6: Celebration Night
Chapter 7: D-Day
Chapter 8: To The Moon
Chapter 9: Another Choi
Chapter 10: The Chaos Begins.
Chapter 11: Heart Attack
Chapter 12: Memento
Chapter 14: Trouble
Chapter 15: Accused
Chapter 16: Kim Hyoyeon
Chapter 17: Jealous Hwang
Chapter 18: Best Friends
Chapter 19: Tiffany's Dilemma
Chapter 20: Adrenaline
Chapter 21: The Key
Chapter 22: Silver Lining
Chapter 23: Complete
Chapter 24: Huir
Chapter 25: Justice
Epilogue
Cold Blood
Waves of Romance

Chapter 13: Taeyeon's Past

334 24 6
By djjinx

Seoul Medical Center

"Excuse me? Good Afternoon. May I know where is Dr. Im Yoona's office? I'm her friend." Taeyeon politely greeted the resident she saw at the counter. The resident studied her first before responding. Taeyeon is wearing a simple black shirt and pants paired with black sneakers. The blonde had her hair tied up in a ponytail covered with a cap and a mask covering her face.

"I need to make a call to Dr. Yoona first. Excuse me." The resident pick up the telephone and called the said doctor. Yoona answered the call in a few rings.

"Good afternoon, Dr. Im. I hope I'm not bothering you with anything. But you have a visitor here at the lobby. She's asking for your office. Do you mind if I tell her?"

"What's her name?

"Dr. Im is asking for your name, Ms." She turn to Taeyeon who's standing patiently in front of her.

"Tell her I'm Erika Kim." The blonde simply replied. The resident was taken aback after hearing the name. Her jaw dropped and her eyes widened.

"M-Ms. Erika Kim?!" She spoke in horror. Who would've thought?

"Uhh.. yes?"

"Dr. Im Yoona's office is at the left corner beside the cashier." The resident immediately told her without even waiting for Yoona's approval.

"Thanks! Have a great day." The blonde slightly bowed before turning her heels to Yoona's office.

Now, that's weird. Although Taeyeon is not so surprise that her name as Erika Kim is currently number one for top research on the news recently, not just because of her Mall and some of her other businesses, but because of what she did for Tiffany. Her name and Tiffany's had been the recent topic everywhere in South Korea and even around Asia and Europe. Taeyeon is still not used of how do people act in front of her after they heard her name.

Then maybe, the crowd are just curious of who is Erika Kim. They had always heard her name on the news quite a lot. And so people wanted to see her face and know more information about her. People are so sick of only knowing that she's the owner of most of the successful businesses in Korea and Europe. They wanted to know who's this faceless business tycoon. And how did she managed to keep her profile low.

"Hey. I hope I didn't bother you with my sudden visit." Yoona automatically smiled after seeing her unnie. She stood up to give the blonde a hug.

"You've never bother me, unnie." She smiled. "Erika Kim is so powerful huh? The resident didn't even wait for my approval." She added with a tease.

"Well, you know the drill." The blonde simply replied. Whilst the young woman chuckled.

"I just got off from work. Took a half day today. I'll meet Tiffany later." Taeyeon informed.

"Really? Finally, unnie!" Yoona heaved a sigh of relief after hearing that. The blonde had been avoiding Tiffany for the past two weeks now. Yoona and the others had tried their best to convince their unnie to at least talk to Tiffany about anything else but Taeyeon never made her move. And so they figured that maybe she needed time. Because after all, her past is creeping her up again.

And as for Yuri, Taeyeon let her stay in her unit. Although Taeyeon had to move out, the others are still relive that Taeyeon is still willing to let Yuri stay. It only shows that the blonde do love her best friend and she only needs time to heal and finally accept the truth.

"Here, I bought you some kimbop and japchae." She placed the foods she brought on top of Yoona's desk.

"Oh no, unnie!"

"Why? What no?"

"I can't eat that!" Yoona had her eyes widened like as if she had seen a ghost.

"Why not? I thought you never say no to foods?" The blonde let out a faint laugh.

"Yes, but I wanna go home early tonight. And I can't do that if I eat this." Yoona worriedly stated.

"Huh? Enlighten me please?"

"So, there is a Doctor from the Philippines who is having a research with her team and they happen to partner with our hospital. They once warned me about eating Japchae in the hospital because they say, if I eat it, lots of patients will come here. I didn't believe them of course. That's just a superstitious belief. So I ate Japchae that afternoon just to test if it's true. And guess what?" Yoona explained at her unnie with so much passion. Taeyeon is even giggling watching her donsaeng acting her story.

"You got home the next day after. I remember, Dr. Im." The blonde chuckled.

"Okay then, at least eat the Kimbop? I'll eat the Japchae." She offered and Yoona immediately dig in leaving Taeyeon who is now shaking her head in disbelief.

---

Hwang Publishing Corps

Tiffany had been stressing a lot for the past two weeks. The Hwang Publishing Corps is still on its process of making its new name in the industry. It's a huge step for Tiffany to change the name because it already had its legacy as the Song's Publishing Company. And changing the name means working hard to try and convince the people to trust the Publishing Corps under her name and her rule.

The brunette haven't heard anything from Taeyeon after the incident at the latter's office. Tiffany didn't got a chance to look for her because she's too preoccupied in running her Publishing Corps. The brunette is working hard to not disappoint the blonde despite of the heartbreak she's feeling inside.

No one from Taeyeon's friends had tried to contact her either except for Minho's assistance for the Publishing Corps. The man didn't talk about Taeyeon or anything else. Although she's curious why, she's at least relive. Because it only means that nothing bad had happened to Taeyeon.

Tiffany is busy working her ass off when Sooyoung came in her office with Seohyun. The brunette was so happy to see the young lady to the point of tearing up at the sight of one of Taeyeon's closest friends. They engulfed each other in a fit tight hug. Both are happy to see each.

"I'm glad you came! How are you?" Tiffany felt like she's uprooted the thorns inside of her. It's such a relief to see Seohyun again.

"Doing good as usual, unnie. How about you? How have you been these past two weeks?" They young lady held her unnie's hands while asking her with a sincere eyes. And for the first time from the two weeks of pain she hide, she tear up and hug Seohyun tightly.

Seohyun was taken aback at the sudden reaction but wrapped her arms around her unnie anyways. She figured that Tiffany may have been holding back her tears and seeing one of Taeyeon's closest friends that she had grown to be attached with broke her walls, causing her to break down. Seohyun waited for her to calm down while rubbing Tiffany's back.

"I'm so glad that you came, Seohyun-ah. I've been with her for these two weeks and she hasn't reacted that much. She didn't laugh nor did she cried. I think I was paranoid to even think that she might lose her mind and do some stupid things. Well I guess, she's just out of herself." Sooyoung informed the young lady. She was so worried for Tiffany.

"After hearing that, I myself is glad to visit too." Seohyun spared a glance to the tall lady standing in front of them. "Unnie, you know that you can tell us what's on your mind and how are you feeling, right? We're here, we will listen."

"I just... I don't know. I don't wanna cry because if I do, I will be weak. I wanted to look strong as long as I can. But after seeing you, I can't hold myself to just cry it out. I'm sorry if you need to see this. I should've been stronger." Tiffany released Seohyn from her embrace and she sat on the couch inside of her office. Seohyun and Sooyoung changed glances. They nod to each other then sat side by side, letting Tiffany in the middle.

"Unnie, crying is normal. Sometimes we need to just cry it out. And that's okay. It can relieve the stress and tension. And it's not true that if you cried, you're weak. We're just humans." The youngest explained in a gentle manner as she rub her unnie's arms, trying to cheer her up.

"Right. Weaks are those who aren't brave enough to see themselves in that particular situation. You have lots of benefits if you cried you know?" Sooyoung talks like a philosopher as she laid her body on the couch with her arms crossed on her chest.

"What are the benefits then, Ms. Genius?" Tiffany teased.

"Oh! I'm glad you ask." She suddenly sat up straight, fixed her clothes and formally said, "First, crying can help you remove toxins from the body, second, crying can improve your mood, third, it can somehow reduce pain, and it can help you restore your emotional balance." Sooyoung stood up and said,

"Thank you, thank you." She clapped her hands and bowed to the ladies sitting at the couch like as if she's on a stage and pretending that they are the crowd.

"And where did you found this information, Sooyoung-ah?" Tiffany asked in a tease. Seohyun had been gigling ever since Sooyoung had spoken.

"Google." The tall lady proudly stated. It made Tiffany chuckle from her friend's silly antics.

A knock from the door stopped their little fun. Sooyoung immediately opened the door and was shook to see who it was.

"Who is that, Syoo?"

"Ms. Kim."

"I hope I didn't bother anything." The blonde haired woman stated. That voice. Tiffany heard the voice that she grew to be attached with. She automatically stood up from the couch.

"Tiffany." Taeyeon state her name inaudibly. And although Taeyeon had her face covered with the facemask, and her eyes is covered because of the shadow of her cap, Tiffany perfectly knew who it was.

The brunette run to her as she pounced her in a fit tight hug. Taeyeon chuckled and hug her back.

"I miss you!" Tiffany told her aggressively.

"I know. I'm sorry. I'm here to talk to you. Can we talk just the two of us?" The blonde requested.

"Uhm... Will you two please come in first? The employees might see you hugging at the door." Sooyoung interrupted them.

"So what? I don't care." The brunette protested.

"Sooyoung is right, Fany-ah. Let's get inside first." And with that, Tiffany complied immediately. Leaving Sooyoung shaking her head in disbelief. One word. Just one word of Taeyeon and she's already in.

"Oh! Seohyun-ah! You're here."

"Yes, unnie. I figured to visit Tiffany unnie before my hearing." The young lady explained.

Taeyeon approved with a thumbs up.

"So, what do you wanna talk about?" The brunetter impatiently asked.

"Can I take you out then?" The blonde asked.

"You don't need to, unnie. I'll get going now too. I have an hearing in court later. You can just talk here." Seohyun interrupted them. She had known Taeyeon for so long and she knew that the blonde wanted them to talk privately. Since she have lots of works to do, the lawyer had pick up her pouch and is ready to go out.

"Are you sure?" Taeyeon stared at her and Seohyun knew what that means. So the young lady nod to assure her.

"Okay then. Did you drive here?"

"I did, unnie. I'll get going now." She bowed to them, waved her goodbye and started to walk away.

"Be careful on your driving. Text me when you had arrived safely." Taeyeon reminded her which was replied with a thumbs up in the air. Seohyun is completely out of the room.

Tiffany glared at her friend, signalling for her to go out now too.

"Geez! Look at you know, glaring at me like as if I hadn't been patient enough with your moody and unfazed behavior for the past two weeks. Gosh! You just saw Taeyeon and now you're pushing me away." Sooyoung complained disappointedly. Tiffany knew that her friend is just joking so she continued to glare at her.

"Fine! Geeez!" The tall lady walk out of the room to give them privacy.

"You shouldn't be that harsh on her."

"I wasn't harsh enough. That's just how we communicate."

"Come, let's sit." Taeyeon sat on the couch, she patted the sit beside her. Tiffany had miss this. She misses how Taeyeon looks at her and how the blonde pat the sit beside her.

Tiffany heaved a sigh, holding back her tears as she slowly sat beside the blonde.

"I know it has been a painful and confusing weeks for you. And here I am to explain and tell you what had happened five years ago." Taeyeon started. Tiffany nod her head, signalling the blonde that she's listening.

"Let's start with my ex, I met her back in highschool. We were both members of our Glee Club in our university. And it's safe to say that we're leading the others. Our coaches, teachers and schoolmates loves it whenever we're singing together. They said we have a perfect harmonization. It's unique and it's a masterpiece. It's like our voices are made to sing together. As time goes by, with lots of those duets with her, we got closer and closer. We've became each other's best friends and yeah, we got together in late college. I loved her so much with all my heart. I stand with her when everyone is attacking her, saying that she's no good to me. Because, you know? We have different status in life. My father is a business tycoon while her father was a scammer. As we gained popularity in the city, people started to compare us. Some people said she's better while some said that I am. We've became people's subject for gamble when the news of us both attended the auditions for SM trainee, people are betting like crazy who's gonna pass the auditions. And yeah, I passed and she didn't. Despite the gossips around us, she stayed beside me. She fought with me. She showed me she loved me when people are throwing hates saying that I just passed the auditions because of my father's status and that I don't have enough talent for the show." The blonde calmly stated her story from the past. It's her first time recalling it and it's quite painful but healing.

Taeyeon had been so sensitive when it comes to this topic. She never wanted to hear anything from the past. But for Tiffany, she's doing it.

"We both stayed and continued our relationship despite the contract of forbidding me not to have one. She was so patient with her being a secret because of my promise that one day, I'll let the world know her existence. But I don't know where it went wrong and what happened at the peak of my career. She suddenly became demanding. She's rushing me to tell the world that she exists. Well, she's got a point tho. She doesn't deserve to be a secret. And as selfish as it may sound, I asked her for a little more time. Five months left and my contract will be done, we're free. But I guess she couldn't wait anymore. She told everyone about us. She showed the pictures of us together, holding hands, hugging, kissing. And even our naked photos together before. I became the main topic around korea. My agency did their best to cover up the issue as soon as they can. They paid the news about the scandal just so they'll delete it. And it cost a lot. My agency sued me for breaking the contract and they wanted me to pay them for the money they used to cover my scandal that my ex-girlfriend and my best friend had cause. I used all of my money, everything that I earned as a singer to pay them but it's still not enough. I came to my father's house, crying, begging for help. As his only child, he loves me dearly that he didn't think twice to help me. He sell his businesses, everything just to help me. I felt so guilty when I saw him starting over. Building his new small business, La Casa Del Vana." Taeyeon sniffed. She didn't even realized that she started to tear up.

Tiffany planted kisses at Taeyeon's hand. It also hurts her to hear the cruel past that Taeyeon had gone through.

"Starting up a new business is hard. I saw my father work every day and night just to survive and provide my needs. And to provide the finance that I need to pay a lawyer for my hearing every three months. I tried to help him. But he wouldn't allow me. As our bar is new, there are just few costumers visiting our place every night. We are short in employees too. We just have one security guard, one bartender, and two waitresses. There are nights that our bar is filled with costumers and my father will work as an owner, a manager, bartender, guard and a waiter all in one. And all these while, I'm trying to rebuild my own career as a singer despite of my regular hearing every three month as my agency sued me for breaking the contract. I tried to apply to some agencies since my past agency wouldn't allow me to work for them anymore. I failed. No one wanted me to work as their singer. They accused me for lying to them. Everyone hates me for being in a relationship with a girl. We can't even ask our relatives for help because they are ashamed of me. They disowned me and my father for not stopping his only daughter to become a gay. I was a disgrace for them. All of these just because I fell in love with a girl. I just wanted to love and to be loved. They all left me. The only people I have with me is my father and my friends. But my friends are not capable of helping me too because that time, they are just starting college. I believe they understand me because they have a share of not having a good past." Taeyeon smiled at the thought of her friends. They are all so young back then.

"I'm glad you have them. At least they served as your protection, your support and determination." Tiffany commented.

"That's right. They became my support. And seeing these young people boosted my determination to work harder. Because I wanted to help them. We are all each other's family. We helped each other and now that you see them this successful? That's because of their own hard work and determination. We have each other and we supported each other. They are all orphans, honestly. And soon I became one when my father passed away because of cardiac arrest. He must've been so stress and exhausted for working too hard. And just like that, I tried to manage the bar on my own, without a proper knowledge in business and my father had left me with his loans. When he died, I figured out that the bar should've been shut down. But he borrowed some money on the bank to use it for recovery."

Taeyeon started to cry again. She misses her father. The only person that loved her truly.

"That's... tragic." Imagining the young Taeyeon struggling to survive five years ago is heartbreaking for Tiffany. Despite the tragic past that she wished Taeyeon never experienced, she can't help but to feel proud. She's amazed at the blonde's bravery. Imagine losing everything just because you wanted to love that someone you thought that will stay beside you and spend the rest of your life in the future. And Taeyeon acting like a parent for her friends who had just entered college. Providing their needs, school finances despite of her paying for the loan her father borrowed. She's so brave. Tiffany can't imagine what would happen to her if the same thing happened from her past.

"You're so brave, Tae. You're wonderful." She proudly stated.

"Now looking back, I do think that I am indeed brave before. Despite of fighting depression and at the same time fighting to do a living because there's these young people, my friends who believed in me. I owe them a lot. Their presence had became my silver lining. And helping them to be successful and be what they are right now is a huge achievement for me. That's the least I can do for them." The blonde smiled.

"You've done a huge role for them, Taeyeon. And I know that they appreciate it a lot. Look at them now, they are all successful in their career as well as how successful you are in your new journey." Tiffany squeezed her hand to cheer her up.

"Anyway, what happened in your office two weeks ago?" The brunette furrowed her eyebrows. Taeyeon hasn't told her about it yet.

The blonde heaved a sigh. She stared at the brunette with an exhausted eyes. But nonetheless, she still told her about what happened from Sunny's visit to her fight that night with Yuri.

"Where's Yuri now then?"

"She's staying at my unit."

"And you?"

"I'm staying at my father's house. I don't wanna go back to Jeonju. I can't. I need to work." Taeyeon pouted cutely. Tiffany chuckled at the sight. Not long ago, Taeyeon is telling her story like a very problematic adult and now, she looks like a kid who's only problem is to get her milk.

***

Thank you for reading! ❣️🇵🇭 Sorry it's late. My brain had been drained. But I'm doing fine now.

See you next week for another chapter!

Fun fact: Most of the Doctors and Nurses in the Philippines do really believe that when one of them ate this type of noodles they called, Pancit, lots of patients will arrive. Causing them to be exhausted. It was a myth, I guess. A superstitious belief. But nonetheless, they just don't eat it everytime they're at the hospital.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.8K 645 31
Entering an asylum was not the best decision to make, but what's wrong with wanting to help people like them? But what if those people we're talking...
216K 8.7K 118
The night before their wedding, her fiancee ran off with his mistress. Out offrustration, she grabbed the man standing in front ofthe civil affairs...
108K 2.6K 40
Taeyeon was a successful young woman who was already a Senior Manager in a huge multi-national company named GG Corporation in the age of 26. Her lif...
My Main By Naru

Fanfiction

111K 2.2K 21
Completed. Beginner's Luck. ☺