The Way You Make Me Feel [ J...

By garciasfluffypen

There was no way this was happening. This couldn't be happening. I was just having a bad dream, right? I was... More

INTRODUCTION
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.

22.

1.2K 36 8
By garciasfluffypen

After our little adventure today, I dropped Elle back at the dorms and made my way to JJ's place. I knew I had to tell her about what happened, since we promised we would be open about as much as we were willing to. I didn't want to tell her, but I knew I had to.

"Hello, darling." JJ wrapped her arms around me, and I took in a big breath. "You're so cold."

I chuckled. "Elle didn't bring a jacket when we went shopping today so I let her borrow mine."

"You're going to make yourself sick." JJ looked into my eyes.

"Bold of you to assume I'm not already sick."

I walked past her, slipping off my shoes by the other ones, going into her living room. She followed me, and I could just tell she was concerned.

"What do you mean? What's going on, Y/N?"

"I uh... It's nothing, just something someone said to me today."

She grabbed my hands, staring me in the eye. "What did they say?"

"I uh, it was insinuated that I was sick for dating someone who's older than me earlier."

JJ's demeanor changed. "I'll kick Elle's ass-"

"It wasn't Elle, babe." I paused, trying to figure out if I wanted to tell her or not. "It was Rosaline."

"What?"

"She uh... she must be in town or something because she found me and Elle earlier. She basically said I was..."

"I'm going to murder her. I can't believe she said that to you."

"Baby please."

"No, Y/N, this isn't okay. She shouldn't be finding you and insulting you because you're with me. I don't know what her agenda is, but it needs to stop."

"Darling, it's not worth it." I placed my hand on her chest in an effort to calm her down. "She's just trying to make me upset. I know that it's not true. I'm not leaving you just because your sister thinks it's not okay."

"She insulted you, Y/N. That's not what she should be doing." JJ sighed. "I told my mom, about the fight Rosaline and I got in. She said she'd try and talk to her, but clearly it didn't work."

"Hey," I waited until she looked at me. "She probably just needs some time to adjust to the change. You went from being single for ten years to being happy. It's a stark difference from what you were."

"I know, but it's not okay." she pulled away from me, starting to pace back and forth. "She shouldn't have done that."

"I'm not saying she should have."

"She verbally abused you, Y/N. You're just letting it slide?"

"I'm not letting it slide, JJ. I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt."

"Well you shouldn't."

The change in her tone of voice startled me, and I stepped away from her. The last time I had seen her this mad was when she had confronted me about Kate, and it was freaking me out a little bit. I watched her pace back and forth, muttering to herself as she ran her hands through her hair, staring at the phone that was sitting on the table.

"Darling, you're scaring me."

She either didn't hear me or chose to not respond, continuing her pacing back and forth as she tried to absorb everything that was happening. I understood her anger, but at the same time, I didn't want her to make her relationship with Rosaline worse than it already was. I watched with wide eyes as she grabbed her phone, walking into her bedroom and slamming the door. I stood there for a moment, stunned by what just happened. I had no idea that she was going to react the way that she did. Rosaline was just being protective. I think.

Unless, she really didn't approve of us. I was technically still her student, and what JJ and I were doing wasn't okay. She had every right to be mad at us, but neither of us knew how mad she truly was. I understood the fact that she wanted JJ to be happy- I knew the exact feeling, since Matt had done that countless times for me over the years. But taking it as far as telling her sister's girlfriend to break up with her? It blew my mind that she could even think that way. I flinched as I heard JJ screaming behind her closed door, most likely at Rosaline. I sighed, fiddling with my cuticles as walked into the kitchen, finding her tea bags and pulling them out, as well as two mugs. There was no way anything was going to be happening tonight, since I just needed to make sure she was okay.

I texted back and forth with the group chat for a couple of minutes, waiting for JJ to finish her phone call before I turned on the kettle. By the time the water was ready and the kettle started to whistle, she walked out of her room with tears rolling down her face.

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"She basically disowned me." she sniffled. "She told me that I was ruining my life, and that I should be ashamed of myself. She didn't care how much I like you, she said I'm being irresponsible and I'm putting myself at risk so she had to do what was right." she paused. "She told me, straight up, that out of all the people she knew, I was the last person she expected to do this. You know what she said? She said to me that I was another 2 month relationship that was going to be forgotten after you broke up with me. And that this, what we are, is gonna take a turn for the worst."

"Which was?"

"She wouldn't tell me."

I bit my lip. "Whatever she did, we're going to get through it together, alright darling?"

I bought her into my arms, pulling her close to me and placing a kiss on her forehead. No matter what happened, I was going to make sure I didn't lose her again.

No matter what it took.

---

I let my head hit the table, groaning loudly as JJ tried to quiz me on material from her class. Midterm season was upon us, and everything was absolutely hitting the fan for me. I had three tests, two essays and a presentation and I was going absolutely bonkers. I could not get my brain to work, and I was about to lose my marbles- JJ's test was tomorrow, and I was absolutely terrified that I was going to fail.

"You have it in your notes, baby."

"Yeah but this is the midterm, I need to do good. We're not doing an open note test. I need to have these things memorized if I want to do good."

"Hey, you'll be fine." JJ rubbed my shoulder. "Do you want to hear the question again?"

"Yeah." I mumbled, sitting up and slouching back into the chair.

"Okay. A usable document is safe, dependable and easy to read if it allows those who are reading it to do what three things?"

I scrunched my face up in thought. "Um... use information safely... easily locate info and... fuck what's the third one?" I paused. "Um... oh! Understand it!"

"Yes!" she pulled me in for a kiss, pure excitement flowing through her. "Okay, you have one more question on the study guide then we can take a break."

"But what if I want to take a break now?" I pouted, staring at her. "I want cuddles."

"No cuddles until we finish the study guide, remember?"

"Okay but like that was a rule we made up an hour ago."

"And this is a three page long study guide and we're only at the bottom of page one."

I dramatically flopped onto the table, letting out a groan. I had gone pretty much all week without seeing JJ, since I had been cramming for midterms. She finally got me out of the dorm by inviting me over to her house under the ruse that we would be having a nice night in. I'm guessing she knew I was having trouble retaining information for her class and figured that we'd go through the study guide one by one until I got everything right. She made sure to mark the ones I got wrong or didn't know, telling me that we'd go back to them later. We had been doing this for an hour and I already hated the fact that I couldn't be in her arms right now.

"Fine." I huffed, crossing my arms. "Give me the-"

I was cut off by my phone ringing, the number flashing an unfamiliar one. I saw the Quantico area code and my heart skipped a beat, my hands going to grab the table in an effort to support myself.

"Baby?"

"That's Quantico. That's the Quantico area code."

JJ's face lit up. "Answer it!"

"Oh my god, I can't. I can't answer it. I'm shaking I-"

"Y/N Y/L/N you better answer that damn phone."

I let out a shaky breath and answered the phone, putting it on speaker. "Hello?"

"Hi, is this Y/N Y/L/N?"

"This is she."

"Hi Y/N, this is Luke Alvez. I was reaching out hoping that I could talk to you about a potential job opening?"

"Um yes, of course!" I grabbed JJ's hand, needing all the support I could get right now.

"Perfect. The Behavioral Analysis Unit has a spot for a Media Liaison opening in December, and we would like to personally invite you to come work with us."

"I would love to! I- when would I start?"

"The spot will be starting in late December, possibly early January depending on when the paperwork is filed. I am aware that you're in school still, so this would be a jump for you but if you want the position, it's yours."

I looked at JJ, who nodded at me. "I'd love to take the position."

"Perfect! We'll probably call you down here sometime in December to start your paperwork. In the meantime, you're more than welcome to come down and meet everyone on the team."

"I can probably make it down sometime next week? I'm currently taking midterms."

"Just shoot me a text whenever you want to meet everyone, we're excited to have you joining us."

"I'm excited to be working with you! Thank you, Mr. Alvez-"

"Please, call me Luke."

"Thank you, Luke."

We both hung up and I couldn't help but squeal, getting up and jumping up and down in excitement. JJ watched me with pure joy as I celebrated, laughing at me as I finally sat down.

"You know, I think we can take a bit more than just a small break."

"Oh really?" I raised my eyebrow.

"Mmhmm. You deserve it, agent. Let mommy show you how happy she is for you, darling."

My heart fluttered as she said that, her pupils growing darker. I grabbed her hand as she pulled me to the bedroom, ready to help me celebrate my new job.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

678K 23.7K 40
"Why are you watching me?" There was a grogginess in her tone that I found extremely alluring. I shouldn't be finding it alluring, I should be mainta...
72 23 21
What is happening!? My life couldn't have been a dream it was so real! I had kids and a husband! Tears burn my eyes. I had a home. It can't just be...
3K 289 59
she was supposed to be a drunken one night stand. We were never suppose to see each other again, I didn't even know her name. But a year later she tu...
162K 4.2K 32
There's no such thing as love. That's what Faye Blackburn has believed ever since her father died, her mother went crazy and left her alone with her...