Wasted Times [LIP GALLAGHER]

By timetodepart

TRIGGER WARNING: THERE ARE SENSITIVE SCENES IN THIS BOOK "You know what Lip? Nobody ever went blind by lookin... More

c a s t
o n e
t w o
t h r e e
f o u r
f i v e
s i x
s e v e n
e i g h t
n i n e
t e n
e l e v e n
t w e l v e
t h i r t e e n
f o u r t e e n
f i f t e e n
s i x t e e n
s e v e n t e e n
e i g h t e e n
n i n e t e e n
t w e n t y
t w e n t y o n e
t w e n t y t w o
t w e n t y t h r e e
t w e n t y f o u r
t w e n t y f i v e
t w e n t y s i x
t w e n t y s e v e n
t w e n t y e i g h t
t w e n t y n i n e
t h i r t y
t h i r t y o n e
t h i r t y t w o
t h i r t y t h r e e
t h i r t y f o u r
t h i r t y f i v e
t h i r t y s e v e n
t h i r t y e i g h t
t h i r t y n i n e
f o r t y
f o r t y o n e
f o r t y t w o
b o o k t w o ?
i n t h e n i g h t
a c c o u n t i s s u e s

t h i r t y s i x

4.6K 90 24
By timetodepart

"Hey Debs, is Lip or Ian around?" I asked as she left her house, she had a doll tucked under her arm.

"They're gone to see grandma in prison, something about trying to find Ian's real dad." Debbie told me before walking away, that was weird they didn't mention anything about that.

I headed back to my house and saw grandma rolling out dough with a rolling pin on the kitchen counter.

"Bethany, do you think you could cover Tina's shift? She called in sick." Grandma called making me stop walking upstairs.

"Sure, did you talk to Fiona after?"

"Yeah she's actually working a shift for me today, it's only her second shift so she's still getting used to everything. Maybe you could help her, you'll be finished the same time as her anyway." Grandma answered while sprinkling some flour over the dough.

"I'll go get ready." I muttered before heading upstairs, I changed into my uniform and threw my hair up into a bun.

I grabbed a jacket and slipped my shoes on before heading downstairs again, grandma was waiting for me in the doorway of the kitchen.

"Be safe, I'll see you later." Grandma mumbled giving me a quick hug.

"Bye."

I spotted Kev across the street headed for his truck, maybe he could give me a ride to work?

"Kev!" I shouted getting his attention just as he opened his driver's door, I jogged towards his truck being careful not to slip.

"Hey Beth, can I help you with something?" Kev questioned pulling a hat on over his hair.

"Yeah, mind giving me a ride to work? I have to cover for someone and I'm in a bit of a hurry." I wondered in a pleading tone.

"Sure, hop in." Kev agreed and I rounded the truck to get in the passenger side.

Kev started the truck and pulled out onto the street, I looked out the window at first knowing it wasn't going to be a very long car ride.

"Vee was telling me that you and Lip were getting cosy last night, what's going on there?" Kev broke the silence and I felt myself blush.

"Nothing, we just had a few beers that was it." I replied, it wasn't like I could tell Kev that we'd been fucking on and off for a few weeks now.

"I heard there was some hand holding, when are you going to tell him that you like him? You guys would be cute together." Kev pointed out and I scoffed folding my arms over my chest.

"I don't like Lip, he's with Karen." I defended and Kev rolled his eyes at me before turning the corner.

"Oh please, yeah he's with Karen when it's convenient for her and she's not off fucking someone else. Lip is a good dude, he deserves someone better than her." Kev deadpanned giving me a pointed look.

"Why are you looking at me like that?"

"You. You're that someone better." Kev stressed and I laughed at him.

"I'm not so sure about that, but thanks for the ride anyway." I responded as he pulled up outside the diner, I opened the door and stepped out.

"I'm telling you, give it a chance." Kev called after me and I just waved over my shoulder at him before he pulled off.

I walked in during the afternoon rush it seemed to be because nearly all the tables were full, Fiona came out from the back looking stressed. She visibly relaxed when she saw me, I stepped in behind the counter and hung my jacket up.

"Thank god you're here, the register is acting up and I've still got orders to take." Fiona explained and I walked over to the register.

"It happens with me too sometimes, usually a few hits does the trick." I stated hitting the side of the register a few times until it seemed to be working again.

"I'll clear the tables and you take the other orders." I offered deciding to split the work between us so Fiona didn't feel as overwhelmed.

"Got it, I just really don't want to mess up with your grandma. This is first job I feel like I might actually be able to keep for awhile." Fiona admitted and I felt bad that she had to do literally anything to help her family scrape by.

"Don't worry, grandma loves your family there's no way she'd fire you unless you were completely terrible which I highly doubt you are." I reassured adjusting my apron before stepping out with a cloth to clear the empty tables with leftovers.

I had just finished cleaning two tables when the door chimed again signaling the arrival of more customers. I quickly brought the dishes into the back to be cleaned, it was going to be a hectic shift.

Fiona was stood at the register dealing with some more customers that were leaving, I saw some people waiting with menus in their hands.

"I'll take over orders for now." I mumbled pulling my notepad and pen out of my apron.

I approached a family of four who seemed eager to order.

"Hey guys, what can I get for you today?"

I scribbled down the order and made four milkshakes from the machine, I placed them on a tray and carefully walked towards the table afraid of dropping them. I served them to the family while they waited for their orders to be cooked, Fiona tapped my shoulder as I pushed some of the cakes in the display case to the front.

"There's a guy at the table by the wall asking for you." Fiona gestured with her pen across the bakery, I nodded and stood up immediately spotting Seb looking down at the menu.

I approached his table taking out my notepad and pen so it still looked like I was working.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" I questioned catching Seb's attention.

"You might find it hard to believe, but I actually missed coming here the last few weeks. It beats being at home where mom yells at me for not visiting Jack." Seb spoke and it was strange that he didn't visit Jack but I knew he didn't have the best relationship with him.

"What can I get you?" I changed the subject because it wasn't one I was particularly fond of talking about.

"One of those caramel slices and a tea." Seb replied, I nodded and headed back to the counter to make his tea.

"Who's the guy? Your boyfriend?" Fiona asked with a hint of a smile on her face.

"No just a friend from school, he comes here a lot." I told her and she raised her eyebrows at me.

"I wonder why, what about Lip? Did he get the courage to ask you out yet?"

"What? First Kev and now you, there's nothing going on with me and Lip." I claimed but Fiona wasn't buying it.

"Last night didn't seem like just friends..." Fiona trailed off as she made a coffee at the machine.

"Lip is with Karen." I reminded her and she just rolled her eyes.

"He's with Karen when she's not opening her legs for some other random guy." Fiona shot back and I just stepped up to the machine after her to make Seb's tea.

"I know Lip can be an idiot sometimes despite how smart he is, but he's a good guy. His heart is in the right place." Fiona added before carrying a tray with two coffees to a table.

She forgot the fact that he's the most confusing guy in the world. I sighed before bending picking a caramel slice from the display case, I grabbed a tray placing a napkin neatly alongside the plate and cup of tea.

"Okay what's the deal? I find it hard to believe that you don't have better things to on a Friday night then come to a bakery for tea and a caramel slice." I pointed out placing the cup and plate down in front of Seb.

"You got me there, I'm meeting someone." Seb spoke holding his hands up defensively.

"Like a date? Come on, you could've picked somewhere better than this p-"

"No not a deal, some college guys want to score some weed and pills, at least here they can't pull any shit with all the people around." Seb revealed and my eyes widened.

"Are you an idiot? How are you going to sell drugs in plain sight?" I lowered my voice so nobody would hear us.

"You really think I'm that stupid? I've got it covered, don't worry about it." Seb brushed off, but I was annoyed that he would do it here of all places if the police caught wind of this grandma's bakery could be shut down.

"This is a one time thing, you can't do it again here." I warned giving him a serious look.

"Don't get your panties in a twist, I'll cut you in?" Seb offered and I scoffed at him.

"I don't want to be cut in, you do this one deal and leave. Got it?" I countered tucking the tray underneath my arm.

"Fine, I get it." Seb agreed and I walked back to the counter, thankfully Fiona was dealing with a customer at the register so she didn't seem to see.

Around thirty minutes later, three obnoxiously loud college guy came through the door. They walked straight up to Seb's booth and sat down, I busied myself knowing that it was almost closing time anyway.

I cleared the last few empty tables bringing more dishes into the back where Fiona had made a start on cleaning them.

Hank, the cook was cleaning the fryers down.

"Hank, you're okay to lock up right?" I checked with him knowing me and Fiona were due to finish in a few minutes.

"Yeah, the place is in safe hands with me. Don't worry." Hank reassured, I headed back out front to see the college guys get up and leave.

Seb shoved money into his pocket and stood up from the table he had been sat at, he looked towards me as if he wanted to say something but I just shook my head. After he left I cleared his table and put the money in the register that he left for his tea and caramel slice. Fiona came out from the back with her jacket on, she waited for me at the counter as I dumped the plates in the back and got my jacket.

I came back out to see Fiona pacing back and forward on the phone, she ran a hand through her hair before hanging up.

"What's wrong?" I questioned, she looked worried.

"Lip and Ian got arrested."

Author's Note;
As you can see I'm sticking to the series but also changing it a bit with a few of my own additions, I just don't want to follow the show exactly scene by scene because I feel then you might as well just be watching the show.

Do you think Beth will get caught up in Seb's dealing?

Will Beth be pissed with Lip and Ian for getting arrested?

Leave a comment below with your thoughts, I look forward to reading them and replying where I can. Thanks for all the continued support, see you at the end of the next update.

UNEDITED

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

579K 17.9K 94
❝you know, when you're all bruised up and bloody, you kind of look like a penis.❞ ❝i think that's the nicest thing you've ever said to me.❞ HARD TIME...
8.9K 245 11
Their love was transparent. Everyone could see it. [Jimmy/Steve x oc] [Sean Pierce x oc]
14.8K 169 40
Ian had always struggled with the idea of finding someone who truly loved him- a soulmate. After many failed relationships, he comes across Mickey M...
440K 7.4K 46
'he was the boy i loved. a little bit messy, a little bit ruined. a beautiful disaster, just like me.' [Shameless] [Lip Gallagher] [book one] ©-got...