love you always

By user1680356777

re-writing merder's love story for fun. I will add more detail then in the show and change more things as i g... More

one night stand
awkward encounter
on-call room
trailer
tequila
getaway
room service
home
secrets out
baby?
alone
eating for two
cake
names
positively miserable
ouch
welcome to the world
welcome home
adjusting
park
finally
reminiscing
anniversary
what does it say
empty
im fine
another
birthday
sister
catch up
dinner
shopping
cooking
almost time
reception
going away
honeymoon
conversations
ultrasound
birthday gift
its a...
hi baby
perfect

the big day

528 16 6
By user1680356777

1 night before the wedding

Lexie, ella and i had spent the day going to stupid appointments lexie made me, in preparation for tomorrow, i hadn't seen derek since this morning but we were both sleeping in the venue, just in different rooms.

I didn't believe in all that tradition crap, but lexie was very strict when it came to this wedding. I had just put ella down in a travel crib, which normally derek would set up but of course he wasn't in my room, so i struggled for an hour to put that thing up.

"Mer, dad just arrived, i told him to meet us here for dinner" lexie walked into the room, "okay i ordered room service, it'll be here any minute. We walked into the hotel room dining room, and got drinks ready and the table set. Lexie, our dad and i were having a 'family catch up dinner'.

"Meredith! Lexie!" he pulled me into a hug when he entered the room. "Dad you made it" i smiled.

We sat at the table and ate dinner until it was late, and lexie went up to her room.

My phone started ringing when i was in the bath, i immediately knew who it was
"derek thank god, miss you"
"i miss you too mer, how was the dinner?"
"it went well, but i wish you were here"
"me too, what are you up too?"
"i'm taking a bath, el is asleep"
"hmnnn, so your soapy, wet and naked"
"we're not having phone sex the night before our wedding"
"why not, it could be fun"
"der we have tomorrow night, and the whole honeymoon to screw as much as we want"
"but i need you now"
"go to bed"
"i'm naked"
"what?"
"i'm naked and so are you"
"well put some clothes in and go to bed"
"mer"
"yes"
"say something"
"say what?"
"something dirty"
"der i already said i am not doing this, drop it"
"why"
"i love you"
"i love you too"
"i'll see you tomorrow"
"goodnight"
I hung up the phone and got out the bath.

Tomorrow was a big day, i needed rest. So i got into the big empty bed and drifted off.

I woke up to the babbling of the tiny human in the crib next to me, i pulled her into my bed so i could get some more sleep, she cuddled up to me and played with my hair until we both dosed off.

"Meredith wake up you need to start getting ready!" lexie barged into the room, "shut up she's alseep" i groaned, wanting to sleep all day, "nope ill take her while you shower, then the hair stylist and makeup artist will arrive and you will be patient and kind" lexie instructed, pulling ella away from me and into her arms.

She stayed asleep and nuzzled her head into lexie's neck, while i got out of bed walked into the bathroom, starting the shower. It all hit me, today was the day i was getting married, i had been planning this for what felt like forever. The only things i was really sure about was derek, ella and the dress, i did love that dress.

I wrapped a towel around myself and another around my hair, then walked back into the bedroom where a hair stylist was setting things up, "shit" i gasped, started by the fact i was naked under this towel, and wasn't expecting anyone to be in the room.

"Sorry to startle you, your sister let me in" she carried on unpacking her bag of 'hair stuff', "no, it's fine, i just need to umm... put on something" i grabbed a robe and walked into the bathroom. I texted lexie and told her to bring ella up to see me, i needed to see her before i really started to freak out.

I walked into the bedroom in a white silk robe and got ella's cute baby pink dress out the wardrobe. She had tried it on a week ago and she loved it, she was so happy wearing fancy skirts and dresses, "here she is" lexie walked into the room with my crying daughter, "why is she crying?" i put down the dress and took her from my sister, "she's probably just overwhelmed, plus she's never stayed in a hotel before" lexie reassured. I bounced her in my arms until she settled down, "miss grey, how would you like your hair?" the stylist asked me as i sat down at the dressing table where she was waiting for me. "uhhh.. half up half down maybe?" i didn't really know what i wanted, "do you want curly, straight, wavy?" she questioned, taking the towel from my hair, "wavy" i smiled as she started to brush and dry it.

I was going to wait until last minute to dress ella, incase she ate something and spilt it all over herself, or dribbled on her dress, in the meantime i put her hair into two pony tails, as she sat on my lap, enjoying playing with a hair comb.

"Where dada?" she asked impatiently, "do you want to go see him?" i asked, i loved being around her, but being crawled all over while someone was fiddling with my hair was beginning to get very annoying, "yeah" she nodded and i put her down, she grabbed my hand and tried to take me with her, "lexie take her to derek please" i shouted, but when lexie picked her up she screeched, "shhhh ella calm down" i said, shocked she could make such an awful noise, "mama come" she tried to reach my hand and get me to go with her, "i can't see daddy until later el, but you go and then come back and i'll get you dressed because you have to walk with me down the isle, "mama come" she looked at me puzzled, "mama is busy, so you go see daddy and then aunt lexie will bring you back" lexie started walking towards the door when she started to cry, i hated seeing her upset, but i knew lexie was probably right, this is a lot for her.

"Done" the stylist said, and unplugged the curling iron, "thank you" i smiled, cristina walked in and complimented my hair, before starting to change into her dress, "i cant believe your making me wear this" she turned around so i could do up her zip.

"So i'm just going to get makeup done and then you, lexie and ella wait i here, before we go down and you know..." i said nervously, "you mean get married" she joked, "cristina just sit down and get your makeup done" i rolled my eyes.

An hour later it was time to put the dress on, ella seemed very confused by all getting ready, but content she was in a pretty dress. Cristina helped me into my dress and stood besides me while i looked in the mirror, "don't get all lovey and mushy, but you look beautiful" cristina smiled, "thank you" i replied softly, and met lexie holding ella just outside the door.

"Dads at the door waiting for you" lexie smiled, my heart was beating faster than ever, i was worried i'd collapse before i got down the isle. Cristina grabbed my hand and pulled me beside her, "your fine, it'll be over soon" she whispered, ella wiggled out of lexie's arms, wanting to walk by herself.

She held mine and cristina's hand as we swung her up and down, she giggled the whole way to the door. I looked up outside at where i would have to walk to, it looked over a gorgeous lake and the white chairs for the guests were all heavily decorated with fake flowers. It was really stunning.

We had a few minutes to prepare so i stood in the corner, taking deep breaths. I looked out the window and saw him standing there and i smiled, i was marrying him. That's it. All i was doing was agreeing to spend the rest of my life with him 'officially'.

I exhaled deeply one last time before my dad linked our arms and we stood behind lexie and cristina, whilst ella held cristina's hand and kept looking back at me for reassurance.

Lexie started to walk, "fuck" i whispered, "be careful she doesn't hear you and repeat that" my dad joked, i was too nervous to laugh, i felt physically sick. "Dad i think i'm going to throw up-", "no your not, your fine just look at derek" he squeezed my hand.

Finally it was time for us to start walking, so i took a huge breath in and started to walk, it was warm outside, and sunny, but luckily not the type of sunny that blinds you, as i got closer i looked at derek, and he looked back at me.

His eyes traveled up and down my body, and he smiled. Realising i hadn't exhaled since i had began walking, i breathed out, hot tears flooding my eyes.

When we got to the front of the isle my dad let me go, cristina stood behind me holding a very confused ella.

Derek reached out and took my hands in his, our eyes locked, not leaving each other's.

The minister started speaking whilst we stood hand in hand, in complete and utter awe of one another.

After a few minutes of the minister reading from a book that looked like it was 100 years old, he stated "meredith, repeat after me" i smiled.

"I meredith grey, take thee derek shepherd"
"i meredith grey, take thee derek shepherd"
"to be my wedded husband, to have and to hold"
"from this day forward, for better, for worse"
"for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health"
"to love and to cherish, till death do us part"
My voice cracked as tears fell down my cheeks.

Derek repeated the same before the minister finished with asking us to say 'i do'.

"Meredith, do you take Derek to be your lawfully wedded husband?"
"i do" i smiled

"Derek, do you take Meredith to be your lawfully wedded wife?"
"i do" he squeezed my hand.

"I now pronounce you 'husband and wife', you may kiss the bride".

We took no time at all before pulling each other into a deep kiss, not letting go.

Cristina fake cleared her throat, our signal to stop, we pulled away and everyone clapped. We were now, married.

hiii ok this was hard to write also i have NO idea if that's even the right wedding vows or whatever so let's just pretend they are :). There will be a reception chapter so kind of like a part 2 but i hope you enjoyed !

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

249K 4.8K 66
This story's about Meredith having a baby at 15 and then 14 years later she moves from Boston to Seattle because of Ellis. Ellis isn't in this btw
78.7K 4K 109
<3
38.4K 675 21
Y/n and Alex have had a very hard and complicated relationship, but was it really all the complicated. Find out when you read this book. Reader x...
25.7K 599 28
MerDer in college! This is a story about MerDer in College. The story is about the struggles and life in college. This story definitely involves smu...