its not like i like you

By d0ntr3ad

an adora and catra college AU. adora is a popular athletic jock whose future is planned out whereas catra is... More

a cat and a vending machine
blonde girl and vending machines
princess
roomates
hey adora - slight NSFW
runaways
but i watched your eyes as she walks by
alone together & ice tea
how could i hate her? shes such an angel
the fall
avoidance - NSFW
just the two of us
dreaming
reality
YALLSJDJSJ THANK U
the before
hey catra?
ocean waves - NSFW
hanging from a cliff
confessions
wish i were heather
fireworks
its okay, its just me
jealousy
first love
the red string of fate
sleeping beauty
beautiful nightmare - NSFW, TW: blood and violence
lust & jealousy
doves in the wind - NSFW
dates & secrets - NSFW
interruption - warning
two girls and a bunch of toys - NSFW + WARNING
wet dreamz - NSFW
accouncememt

realisation

3.3K 103 105
By d0ntr3ad

catras POV

I get out and head to the elevator where I descend to the ground floor while listening to the elevator music to distract my thoughts.

It opens and I step out nearly tripping yet there seems to be barely anyone here.

I walk out thinking she might be by the vending machines since she seems to like drinks from there yet still no sign of her.

"what am I doing? am I just wasting time, it'll be stupid if I go back"

I sigh and head up to the top floor where the bar is, a little more drinking is fine.

as the door opens I feel somewhat hesitant to go in, it's still very full and alive even at this time of night, everyone seemed to forget about time, stepping in felt more like stepping into another world.

I put my hands in my pockets and head to the counter when I'm suddenly stopped by a few girls sitting near me.

"hey come here for a sec"

"h-huh me?.." I walk over to them

"you look really lonely, care to spare a few minutes with us?" I gulp, they were attractive, it had me frozen for a few seconds.

"or maybe a night... you're quite cute" says another girl, they all giggle

"actually I-"

I look around the large room thinking of something to make an excuse out of-

huh?

is that, who I think it is

my eyes land on the familiar face.

there's no mistake, those almost-glowing blue eyes and blonde hair with that muscular build.

adora!

"sorry I actually have other plans!" I say and run off

"hey wait!-"

I walk up to adora who looks troubled

"hey adora?..."

no response, her head lay on the table, she couldn't have gotten that drunk?...

"adora hey! hello!" I say tapping her

"I feel like dying, help!" she finally says perking her head up

"adora!" I slap her

"ow! what the heck was that for?"

"I don't know, you were freaking out and it was freaking me out!"

"well you didn't have to slap me, now I feel sort of sober"

"ah right sorry" I say scratching the back of my head

"what are you even doing here? looking for me..?" she says smirking

"of course not! I just wanted to get- get a drink, that's all"

"what about mermista?" she asks concerned

"she fell asleep"

she didn't respond so I ordered a beer and watched the city view from the windows instead.

"I made it awkward didn't I? because of what I did" she finally says and I instantly knew what she was talking about

"well I guess but I think everything's fine now" I say trying to reassure her

"can- can I ask you a question though?"  I ask nervously to while moving the ice cubes in my glass

she puts her elbow on the counter leaning her head on her first, her head being slightly tilted and turns around to me, her face was flushed and her hair messy some of it falling over her eyes and a bit of alcohol dripping from her lips.

why does she look so fucking good?!

"go ahead"

"why- why did you.. sleep with mermista?"

she pauses from taking a sip of her drink and puts it down.

"probably for... comfort"

"comfort?"

"because I was annoyed at the fact that this person could do things like that so easily"

"huh?"

I was left confused, she seemed to be talking to herself more than talking to me.

"but in the end I just regretted it a lot, besides it was just my assumptions, I don't seem to know what I want"

"ah alright then" was all I could say but it seems she was really indecisive about something.

she gulped down the last of her drink quickly.

"adora you should slow down considering we did drink before at frostas party"

she looks up at me, her eyes slowly closing.

I suddenly felt a new warmth when she surprisingly lay her head against my chest.

"uh a-adora?!"

"shush catra" she says, she really is always so... dominant

though It seems she really wants to be comforted at times, her hair smelt like fruits, I wonder what shampoo she uses.

as time passed I realise I never let anyone get this close to me not even scorpia, except for her there was only one other person other than adora but anyways I'd place boundaries with everyone else because I hated physical contact.

but I seem to always let adora get so close without a second thought!

maybe it was way too harsh of me to do that to scorpia considering she is a touchy person, I'm sure she'd be even more hurt if she found out I let adora do this.

"out of everyone I know it just had to be you huh adora?" I mumble to myself

"did you say something?" she says looking up, I could smell the liquor on her which seemed to draw me in.

she was close, really close and I'm not sure if it was something in the alcohol but I had a sudden urge to kiss her.

I look down at her lips, so soft and sweet but her eyes were closed like she was going to sleep.

I lean in closer tilting my head.

I can't do it! It would just give her more trouble, I can't believe I even thought of it.

Instead I place a gentle kiss on her nose and she opens her eyes up giggling.

"what the heck?" she says laughing

"wake up, let's leave blondie" I say and drag her out trying to not look at her as I was completely flustered from making such a move.

I had to basically carry her all the way to our room, though she was quite heavy due to her strong build I wasn't someone weak either due to my job.

I place her on the bed, should I change her clothes? she looks a bit hot, her breathing was slightly heavy.

I decide to just turn on the air conditioning instead.

I glance down at her.

"catra..ngh"

huh? did she- did she just say my name

I wasn't mistaken as she also grabbed onto my sweater.

"sleep here? with me? what if I get nightmares"

she's sort of like a little kid.

I remember her telling me about her nightmares before but sleeping together, it would just be too dangerous.

"I'm sorry adora" I squeeze her hand, I wanted to comfort her but..

I watch as she drifts off and I head to bed, as soon as I lay down I realise my mind and my body were completely exhausted.

did I make the right choice?

———————-
Authors notes:
very early upload since I had some time and because I also want the story to progress

I really wish they could have slept together like they did in the show but for the sake of the story it must wait heheh :)

I also foreshadowed a few things in this chapter, I wonder if you can notice ;)

anyways!

I can't believe I'm nearly up to 10k! so thank you, I've also received nice messages and comments which made me happy <3

a few chapters back I also said I accidentally got myself a girlfriend, she wants to talk to me today and I'm a bit scared :( I should stop talking now HAHA update: we didn't talk all she did was hug me what is this a 3rd grade relationship

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

234K 10.5K 53
➤𝘈𝘥𝘰𝘳𝘢 𝘹 𝘧!𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘦𝘳 𝘹 𝘮𝘪𝘭𝘥 𝘊𝘢𝘵𝘳𝘢 You awake in a completely new world, one with many funny and powerful princesses. You get stuck...
59.7K 2.5K 75
A mysterious person suddenly appears on Etheria, no recollection of how they made it there, or the events leading up to it. Covered in wounds and bad...
10.1K 359 7
Catra and Adora are college volleyball rivals who haven't faced one another since high school. They make a seemingly innocent bet on their championsh...
173K 6.6K 76
Y/N has always been with Catra and Adora every day. From the day they arrived to the Horde and up until now. They were so close to one another. They...