princess

adoras POV

today was a practise game with another college yet I felt pressured to do my best, i was feeling nervous.

"me and bow will be there to watch, you'll be fine" says glimmer reassuring me

"thanks guys" I say

honestly, I didn't feel much better, I got into this college all because of my scholarship, if I don't perform well then what's the point?

the game was starting, the benches were full and everyone was focused, I could feel eyes on me. i love football but I've never had so many people watching before.

the game started off bad, I was getting nervous. The coach seemed a little disappointed.

as it went on we started to take the lead , though the coach stopped us for a minute.

"adora are you feeling okay? you don't seem to be playing well"

I was feeling a little sick because of staying up so late but I didn't wanna make a big deal.

we won but it felt like I didn't do much. I hated it. I hated the stares and a few people whispering thinking I was better.

the coach took me inside to the principals. fuck.

"adora you play very well but you must be focused especially during games" says coach

"your big game against one of the biggest colleges here is coming up soon, we just want to help" said principal shadow weaver

"uh huh" was all I managed to say

of course, this probably doesn't seem so bad but I have to maintain this image and be someone I'm not, I have to play the princess.

is there anyone that will accept me for being just adora? I was feeling tired and hot, I decided to go to the rooftop of the building.

I opened the door, the breeze felt good. I was standing watching the view when something caught my attention.

a cat looking girl who has bicolored eyes.

I noticed it was her, she was standing against the fence with a cig in her hand like before, the same body shape and figure and her messy hair.

she glanced over at me, i was dumbfounded.

"oh hey blondie" she says walking over exhaling all the smoke in my face, I cough. It smells so bad.

"stop that, what's wrong with you?!" I say coughing

"good to see you again, looks like I didn't have to catch you this time huh?" she smirks at me

"don't worry, I'll never fall for you again hahah" I cackle at my own joke

"good one, we'll see about that" she says sarcastically

there's a silence between us for a moment.

"so why's a girl like you up here?"

"ugh I don't know, I've had a bad day I guess"

she stares at me not saying anything, I sort of didn't mind her stare.

"I watched your game you know" she finally says

"yeah that's the problem"

"what do you mean?"

"I didn't play as well as I wanted to and it was one of the first games so many people came, even the coach noticed I was off and took me in to talk about it, ugh I hate it"

I look away from her, I couldn't believe I had said all that!!

"hmmm, you played fine, better than most people"

"yeah but most people know me because of how good I play, if I mess up..."

"hey princess, you don't have to act like that, who cares it was one game"

"that's the thing, I have to act like some perfect princess, always doing the right thing!"

"then don't do it" she says sternly

"when do you get to choose adora? what do you want" those words hit me, what is that I want? I only started football because of my family...

"I- I-"

I couldn't help when tears came pouring out, this is the first time anyone's asked about what I want.

"hey blondie why are you crying?!" She panics, it looked funny, it's the first time I've seen her like this.

"nothing... thank you" I laugh

she tilts her head in confusion and shrugs. I look out at the view, for some reason standing with her like this felt refreshing and relaxing.

"hey princess wanna get out of here? I'll cheer you up" she suddenly says

"huh what do you mean, where are we-"

"just follow me idiot"

she had grabbed my hand, it was hold but it made me feel warm, her back was all I could see and it made me want to take a picture, she drags me out of campus, I was scared because I've never done something like this before yet still so curious. I wanted to forget this princess persona for once and just be adora.

glimmer and bow are blowing up my phone, I think I'll explain everything later, they'll understand right? That I'm running away with someone I met once

"alright get on" she says, I look over and see her red motorcycle.

"we're riding THAT?" I say

"well yeah duh, did you JUST figure that out"

she gets on and I slowly follow her, I put my arms around her waist and lean my head against her, I couldn't help but feel nervous. No no. I shouldn't be nervous right now, I'm going to throw all these feelings out.

I want her to take me somewhere far. Being with her felt so natural like we were best friends from another life.

"shall we leave now?"

catras POV

shit! I totally told myself yesterday I wanted to avoid adora but I ran into her on the rooftop again.

she looked troubled, the same face I had when I met her. I wanted to know what she was thinking about.

I couldn't help it when I saw her cry, why is that?!

I seriously don't understand this feeling and I can't believe I asked her to leave with me and even crazier she agreed. I know this is bad but it feels right to be with her right now.

I'm just worried about scorpia will say, it's a bit shocking.  Ah whatever like I care, I should enjoy myself too.

and so now I'm heading for the city, I want to make sure she has a great time. I feel flustered for trying so hard to cheer her up.  if I'm going to be honest,

I want to know her better, I want to know adora better.
————————————-

Authors notes:
hi hope you guys enjoy the story! leave any suggestions and assumptions you have about the story if you like. love you guys <3