Something In There (FAÇADES)

By TOLA_AISH

~FAÇADES Teenagers are also humans who are not excluded from the challenges and problems of life. They're pro... More

•|INTRODUCTION 1|
0•|INTRODUCTION 2|
•|MY CHARACTERS|
1•|ABOUT LILY|
2•|ABOUT PINK|
3•|GET TO KNOW|
4•|INTO HIS WORLD|
5•|SHOCKED|
6•|WHERE ARE WE NOW?|
7•|NIGHTMARES AND FRIENDSHIP|
8•|I'M THE DEVIL|
9•|NOT MY DAY!|
10•|STUPEFIED|
11•|MOOD SWINGS|
12•|I WILL KILL HER DATE|
13•|BLACKED OUT|
14•|DOCTORS REPORT|
•|NOT A CHAPTER|
15•|BASKETBALL|
16•|SHE'S MINE|
17•|THOUGHTS AND STRENGTH|
18•|THE FUTURE|
19•|SOMETHING IN THERE|
20•|FEMI AND MUMMY |
21•| RUCKUS |
22•|DIFFERENT|
23•|TADE AND ME|
24•|TEST|
25•|LEO AND PANIC ATTACK|
26•|ETHEREAL|
28•|WHAT HAPPENED IN JSS3?|
29•|HEART CHOICES|
30•|FRIENDS|
31•|MOVING ON|
32•|I FOUND MY MISSING PIECE.|
33•|IT'S HER BIRTHDAY.|
34•|HYPOCRITE.|
35•|A HUG.|

27•|FIRST TIME AT A 'FRIEND' HOUSE.|

287 160 127
By TOLA_AISH

/CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN/

No karamo today 😂😂😂

Well. . .I want to RANT.

Please y'all should vote. It's that star below (🌟) please, they don't remove coins to vote, it's free. Please your votes and comments really encourage me, it's what motivates me to keep writing. Also, comment if you can, I love reading you guys comments, it cracks me up and put a smile on my face. Y'all might not know but anytime the urge to just give up on this book comes in, I just go back the the previous chapters and reread all the comments that y'all made. So, please those little things (voting and commenting) - yes, I said little. - are what keeps me going.

Also, if you have one or two things to say about the story, don't be shy. Feel free to hop into my deeheem anytime. I'm open and always ready to see your opinions. Or if you feel something is off or confusing, don't hesitate to ask me so I'd explain or clear the air.

However before I end this ranting, please remember the warnings I gave at the INTRODUCTION 🌺 ooo, please those scenes might be popping up real soon, but Don't worry I'd be giving heads up.

Thanks so much Wattpadis.🌺🌺

~LILY~

I can do it! I can do it!! I can do it!!!

I kept my hand on the door bell and redrew it, again. "I can't do it."

I muttered to myself as I paced around in front of the big gate. I was anxious, really anxious to ring the doorbell. I'd never been to a friend's house before so all this was new to me. Sweaty hands accompanied with a stinging headache caused by the hot sun in the early morning of twelve, that shone without taking pity on me by at least setting, but I knew that was far from possible because October sun are known to be the worst. Though I was putting on a knee-length polkadot spaghetti gown, but the heat was still doing unwanted wonders on my innocent body.

I placed my hand on the doorbell again, but removed it. I took my phone out from my cross bag and decided to call Aunty Thelma to come pick me up, but a part of me was totally against it so I gently returned my phone into my bag, placed my hand on the door bell, "Just ring the bell Lily." I muttered and immediately I rang the doorbell.

I could feel my heartbeat accelerating against my chest, hearing shuffles of someone feet's.

It's not to late Lily, just run; I thought but I disregarded that thought and decided to just stay still.

"Good afternoon," someone I assumed to be the gate man greeted as he opened the gate. I was nervous. "How can i help you?"

"Good afternoon," I greeted, rubbing my sweaty palms together. "I'm here to see Chase, I'm his classmate."

"Your name?"

"Lily. . . Lily Atata."

I answered him, then he closed the gate on me, leaving me outside. I turned around and decided to use the moment to take a proper view of his estate, and it was really quiet, since I'd been standing outside I didn't see a soul pass by, not even a car passed. The environ was really nice, and I noticed that the houses within the estate had the same structures.

The noise of the gate made me turn back, and I came in view with the man who opened the gate, earlier.

"Come inside." I entered into the compound, coming face to face with a really huge house. Honestly I wasn't surprised by how huge the house was because I knew the net worth of the Fayeni's, it was capable of buying Nigeria out of poverty, more than capable sef.

The man which I assume to be the gate man led me into the house. Immediately I entered into the house I felt all the hair on my skin rise, the house was really cold and the cloth I wore wasn't helping matters. I looked around the house and the inside was magnificent, really beautiful and huge. I stood by the door not wanting to move forward but I was urged on by the man, so I did, moving fully into the sitting room. I stood by a sofa wondering where the rest were when I saw a older woman-Chase granny or aunt I assume-darted out of the dining, she looked in her sixty's. Full of smiles as she got to my front.

"Good afternoon ma'am," I greeted her, kneeling on my knees to show respect.

"How are you dear?"

"Fine ma," i answered as I rose from where I knelt, then she told me to seat, which I did. She asked if I needed anything but I told her that I didn't, she smiled, then left, moving upstairs through the gigantic spiral staircase, to call chase, maybe.

I was freezing cold as I sat patiently on the chair, ran my hands through my naked shoulders trying to shield it from the harshness of the air condition, but all my efforts were futile because it didn't work, instead, the cold even penetrated into my skin making my blood freeze, as if that wasn't enough, my legs started shivering from all the coldness.

"Are you cold?"

I looked up and saw Chase standing right in front of me, it was the first time that I'd seen Chase without school uniform, and that's when I noticed for the first time since I'd known Chase that he was thin. Chase was really thin, infact, weirdly thin, but In all honesty it fitted him and that made him look more attractive. He stood right in front of me looking at me with a smile on his face.

"No." I lied. Because I didn't want to inconvinent him since he didn't seem to bother about the cold, and that was when I noticed he was putting on a hoodie, paired with a black joggers and a pair of Crocs, meaning he was dressed to suit the weather inside, unlike me who dressed to suit the weather outside.

"Are you sure?" he asked still standing.

I shook my head and decided to tell him the truth. "I'm actually cold," I had told him and I heard my voice break as I spoke.

I knew that I wasn't used to the cold weather, but what I didn't expect was that an ordinary air condition could almost freeze me like a dead chicken, but it's the body so it can be really unpredictable, Sometimes.

Chase walked away through the gigantic stairs, leaving me to the cold.

I sat wondering where his dad and sister was. I looked around the house and it was void of any family portrait, no pictures or paintings, not even a television, just the beautiful white walls and a large, large wall clock, probably the largest wall clock that I'd seen. I saw Chase walk back downstairs with a black hoodie in his hand, he reached me and stretched the hoodie out to me which I collected and wore before I remembered to appreciate his nice gesture, and he just waved his hand across the air, to signify that 'it was nothing.'

He sat on the sofa next to me, swiping through his phone, while I sat down, less cold now, but really uncomfy because Chase wasn't even talking to me, neither did he act like I was present, all his attention was placed on his phone. I felt bored and unwelcomed which made me wonder where Pink was and Rayo also, then I brought my phone out of my pocket and checked the time which by the way was just 12:12pm.

"Pink and Rayo are on their way," Chase said out of nowhere, as if he could read my mind. However, I only nodded to him. "Are you comfortable?"

I looked at him, nodded, even though I knew it was a lie.

"Would you play a game?"

I still kept looking at him and he was looking at me also, but I couldn't keep eye contact for long, so i took my gaze away from his. I faced ahead and answered his question with a 'yes'.

He stood up, went upstairs, again, while I waited patiently for him. After some nano seconds I saw him coming back with a black box in his hands.

"Come, let's go to the parlor." He said, walking towards another door. I took my bag and followed him through the door.

The room we entered was way larger than the sitting room, this even had a huge TV; at least seventy five inches, there were also some abstract paintings hung on the wall. A maroon red Davenport stood right at the end of the parlor, a black settee at the centre of the parlor, two single-breasted Chesterfield with a low-stool at the middle was placed by the rare end of the parlor, there was also a really large window that could pass as a door at the end of the parlor-or maybe it was a door. The maroon red curtains on the window/door was draped to the side, so, the parlor was fully illuminated. The view of the backyard behind the window/door was really beautiful, I could see a swimming pool outside and the flowers surrounding the area were aesthetically pleasing. Chase dropped the black box on a table which stood at the centre of the parlor on a oxblood coloured rug, switching on the TV he did something's that I can't explain, meanwhile I stood by the door watching him carefully, then he took the black box and connected it to the TV- which came alive.

"Come," I went to meet him, and he handed me a game pad, which made me look at him with an utterly confused expression. "Can you play? PS 5?"

I wanted to laugh, but I just ended up smiling. Me?. . . Play PS 5?. . .I couldn't even play ordinary score hero, talkless of PS 5.

"Don't worry there's a first time for everything, I'm not really perfect either."

Then he sat on the oxblood coloured rug comfortably, removed his Crocs from his foot, and placed it by his side, while I stood by him pondering over my thoughts of sitting near him or not_ but you can't stand and play the game with him_ my subconsciousness nudged me so I ended up sitting down beside him, placing my bag by my side.

"Which club?" he asked.

"Chelsea."

"Seriously? So you're a Chelsea fan?" he asked still facing the TV.

"No, that's the only club I know, also my brother is a fan."

He looked at me, "You have a brother?"

"Yes, an older brother."

He didn't say anything, rather, he faced the TV back, using the pad in his hand as a remote.

"The game has started," he said, but I didn't even have an idea of how to use a gamepad.

"Chase?" he faced me. "I don't know how to use the gamepad."

"It's okay," then he held my hand and I don't know why, but I tensed as his hand touched mine, making my stomach grumble. "Are you hungry?"

Yeeee. . .So he heard?

"No," I told him, because actually I wasn't hungry, it was because of a mere touch that my stupid stomach grumbled.

Stupid stomach!

I scolded my stomach. He taught me how to make use of the game pad and just when we were about to start the game, the door was knocked down. . . okay, it wasn't actually knocked down, it was opened and I turned to the direction and saw Pink, Rayo and Jonathan entering into the parlor and the spirit of shyness and awkwardness washed over me. They too looked dressed to suit the weather outside because both pink and Rayo wore matching shorts but whilst Rayo wore a halterneck top which showed all her back, pink wore a simple white round neck top - which had a black Balenciaga imprinted on the front, Jona just wore a Brown short and a black singlet.

"Sorry we're late, I wanted to get pizza that's why," and that's when I noticed the box of pizza. . .actually, it was three box of Pizza's in Jona's hand.

"No p," that was Chase who already was on his feet putting on his Crocs, then he moved towards them. "How did you guys know that we were here?"

"Nanny Theresa," pink replied as she hugged Chase, while I just sat on the floor staring. I wanted to greet them, I really wanted to but my mouth couldn't open to speak, also I was scared that they would snub me if I should. "What about Lily?"

That question Pink asked made me smile, it made me feel important.

"There," Chase answered, pointing at me who just sat on the floor. I smiled at pink who just gave me a familiar look in return, I wasn't surprised with the look she gave me, but the small ounce of ego that I could muster up was bruised, so, I stopped smiling and faced the floor.

"Wow! Chase you have a pool!" I heard Rayo say and I looked up to see her walking over to the window or door - okay it was a door because she opened it and went out to the backyard, soon after Pink followed, then Jona, carrying along with him the box of pizza, leaving me and Chase in the opened parlor.

"Let's go outside, Lily," Chase said, looking down at me. I stood up, carried my bag and trailed behind him still we were fully at the backyard.

The heat of the sun first greeted me as I walked to patio cover which was near the swimming pool. Chase went over to meet Rayo whom stood by the pool with a look of admiration on her face as she stared at it. I sat on a wooden chair under the patio cover, removed the hoodie Chase gave to me and used it to cover my thighs which were showing a little. Jona was also under the patio cover, munching on a piece of pizza already while pink laid on the grass with her phone in her hand.

I stared at Rayo and Chase as they conversed animatedly with each other, after sometime Chase went into the house, leaving Rayo to herself, then she later hopped to the patio cover, and took a sit near Jona who was busy eating.

"I was just about to call you," Pink said, tucking her phone into her shorts as she stood from the grass. "Let's start the project."

"Babe chill na, let's play and enjoy small. Remember we still have Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday." Rayo said to pink whom only nodded before leaving the patio to the pool, then she turned to me. "Sorry for the inconveniences Lily," I smiled at her and she returned the smile. "If you want to go, you can, I'll send the next schedule for the project meeting to the GC," she said as she took a slice of pizza from its box, but one question kept popping up in my head whilst she spoke.

Do I really want to go home?

Home where I was only friends with my TV, only friends with my RAP music book, friends with Aunty Thelma and my brother.

Do I really want to go?

I decided that I should anyways, so I picked up my phone from my bag and texted Aunty Thelma to come pick me.

After all I knew they'd be showing Alvin!!! and the Chipmunks marathon, so, I could keep myself busy with that.

"Lily, do you want pizza?" I turned and saw Rayo stretching a slice of pizza to me.

I smiled and shook my head, "Thanks, but- - no," I told her and she nodded before eating the pizza.

I continued to look around while I awaited Aunty Thelma's arrival when my eyes fell on pink whom was by the pool, she wasn't doing anything, she just stood by it staring at the water. Then my eyes moved to the opened door wondering where Chase went to and I saw him coming out of the house holding towels, an MP3 player, and what seemed like two box of yoghurt. He walked towards the patio and before he could even get underneath the patio, Rayo had gone to meet him and she collected the towels from him.

Chase dropped the yoghurts on the wooden table, gave the MP3 to Jona who collected it from him with a smile on his face. He sat down on the chair near me, and didn't say anything neither did Jona who looked busy with the mp3, meaning we were all basking in silence, then infinity by olamide and omah lay boomed out loudly from the mp3, killing the silence we once had. I sang along to the lyrics of the song in my head, tapping my foot on the floor to the rhythm, then I heard a large splash which disrupted my mental singing, I turned and saw Rayo in the pool, while pink just stood at the edge laughing to whatever antic Rayo was pulling in the pool. I kept looking at the both of them while they spoke, then Rayo came out of the pool only wearing a two piece.

A pant and a bra.

I was marvelled by how bold she was to wear a two piece, it was something that I could never have the courage to wear, not even a swimsuit.

She danced to the patio towards Jona. Who was loudly singing along to the song coming from the MP3, which he already placed on the wooden table. Rayo stood at his front dancing in a really funny way. My lips kept twitching as I tried to keep my laughter at bay, but I failed woefully because I ended up laughing, then Jona laughed, while Chase only shook his head with a smile on his face, but the Rayo didn't even stop dancing even as we laughed at her, instead, she held Jona's hand and dragged him up forcefully to the swimming pool, leaving me alone with Chase underneath the patio.

I smiled. I smiled 'cause it felt like I was watching a movie as I watched Rayo trying to push Jona into the pool, and she succeeded because Jona fell into the pool, then Rayo entered, even Pink joined in, wearing just a pant and her white round neck top.

At that moment, I wished I was as carefree as them. I wished that I could be able to wear a two piece boldly.

"What happened to your wrist?"

My smile retracted as I turned to see Chase eyes looking down, directly at my hands which were unconsciously laying on the hoodie on my thighs. I instantly redrew my hand and kept it at my back, away from his eyes though I knew that he had already seen it.

"What happened to it?"

He asked again, taking his gaze up to meet my face. I wondered how he had noticed the scar, especially since it was already fading. I opened my mouth, yet, unable to spit any lie to him, because I couldn't just tell him the truth, he could hate me, just like his sister already did because of that incident.

"I fell into a. . ." I trailed off, not knowing what to say.

"Into a what?" he asked, looking very serious.

"A sewer," that was the quickest lie that I could come up with. "I fell into a sewer."

He smiled, averting his gaze from me.

"Bullshit!" He muttered, but I heard him anyway. I stared at him but he wasn't looking at me. "That's bullshit, Lily," he still wasn't looking at me. "I recognize a cut when I see one."

I didn't say anything because there was totally nothing that I could say that would make sense. There was totally nothing I could had said to counter him, so I just kept mute.

"You bled yourself, right?"

I died on that spot.

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

😪😪😪😪😪😪😪😪😪😪😪😪😪

Tankyu for reading Wattpadis 🌺

Please rate this chapter on a scale of one to ten. 🥺🥺🥺 Thank you.

Please vote and comment🤗

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.7K 7K 47
Started- May 07 2020 Completed- July 26 2020 Highest Rankings #1 in lekki (4/08/2020) #1 naija stars (5/08/2020) #5 in secondary school(17/07/2020) #...
155 27 8
Stephanie Darasimi Ajayi is a 27 year old freelance interior designer in Lagos, Nigeria. At that age, with no prospective husband, everyone starts to...
18.3K 4.7K 36
{A Nigerian Themed Novel😘} "You can't leave cause I have feelings for you!" I scream without thinking. My eyes widen and I draw my hands over my mo...
21.3K 3.3K 41
~~~~(Mature)~~~~ "We're worlds apart..." "But I'm right here." "I'm far, farrrrrrrrrr far beneath your class..." "And so? I don't care." He shrugged...