Angel Of My Imagination - Nat...

By Thompson1317

To the outside world, Evalina Devin is seen as an average women. She works at a café in New York and that is... More

Extended Summary
Playlist
Part 1
Cast for Part 1
Chapter 1: Assistance
Chapter 2: Just the Beginning
Chapter 3: Nightmares
Chapter 4: Damage
Chapter 5: The Battle of New York Pt 1
Chapter 6: The Battle of New York Pt 2
Chapter 7: Goodbyes
Part 2
Cast for Part 2
Chapter 8: On High Alert
Chapter 9: Discoveries
Chapter 10: Pain
Chapter 12: Conversation
Chapter 13: Elevator Catastrophe
Chapter 14: Lost and Found
Chapter 15: The Timer
Chapter 16: Where It Started
Chapter 17: The Truth
Chapter 18: A Friend
Chapter 19: What did you just say?
Chapter 20: Bucky?
Chapter 21: Survivor
Chapter 22: The Beginning to an End
Chapter 23: One Step Closer
Chapter 24: Restart
Part 3
Cast for Part 3
Chapter 25: New Recruit
Chapter 26: Stark
Chapter 27: Family
Chapter 28: Two Introductions
Chapter 29: Reasoning?
Chapter 30: Left Behind
Chapter 31: Take a Break
Chapter 32: Mind Games
Chapter 33: Unwanted Goodbyes
Chapter 34: Vision
Chapter 35: Savior
Chapter 36: Lose to Win
Chapter 37: Memories
Part 4
Cast for Part 4
Chapter 38: Next Step

Chapter 11: Gone

2.1K 88 12
By Thompson1317

Gone

~~~

Natasha and I slept longer than we expected. We woke up around dinner time and Nat immediately got out of bed because she knew we had to finalize some things for Fury about the mission. I already finished, so I am laying in bed again watching a movie on my laptop. I look over to where Natasha is sitting. She has been sitting at the table since we woke up, which has been two hours. "Babe," I say trying to catch her attention, but she doesn't reply.

"Nat."

Nothing.

"Tasha."

Nothing.

"Natasha."

Nothing.

"Natalia," I finally say and my girlfriend stops what she's doing and turns around to face me.

"Did I do something?" She asks me and I raise and eyebrow.

"Why do you think you did something?" I ask her as I turn the movie off.

"Because it's rare that you call me that name," Natasha replies and I chuckle.

"You did nothing wrong, detka," I tell her and she smiles, "But you need a break. Come on."

I move my laptop and open my arms and she sighs. She finalizes what she is working on then puts it away and walks over to me. As she gets in bed she instantly and straddles me then makes me sit up. "Well, hello," I say with a smile.

"Hi," Natasha says softly as she rest her head on my chest. I begin to rub her back with one hand and run my fingers through her hair with the other. We sit in the comforting silence for thirty minutes till Natasha's phone starts to ring. Natasha groans quietly and kisses my cheek as she gets up to grab her phone from the desk she was at.

I lean back on my elbows and watch Natasha's facial expression go from shocked to sadness. I get up from the bed and walk to her once she hangs up. "What happened?" I ask her.

"We have to get to the hospital," Natasha quickly says taking me by surprise. She quickly puts her shoes on and I do the same.

"Natasha!" I shout as she rushes out of the room with the car keys.

I quickly run after her till she gets to our private garage. "Nat," I say stepping in front of her, "What happened?"

"It's Fury. He was shot and-and," Natasha says with sadness and I take the keys from her hand,

"Let's go," I tell her and we both get into the car. I make my way to the Natasha told me to go to and I look over at her.

I see the light glisten in her eyes. Something that is not normally seen from her. Once I pull up in front of the hospital, Natasha quickly gets out of the car and I follow her. People look towards her in surprise as we run through the hospital. We then enter a private room and see doctors doing surgery on Fury. Maria and Steve are in the private room as well with two agents behind us.

"Is he going to make it?" Natasha asks Steve as we watch the surgery.

"I don't know," he replies and I sigh as I run my fingers through my hair.

"Tell me about the shooter," Natasha demands.

"He's fast. Strong," Steve tells us, "Had a metal arm."

His lasts words are what caught my attention.

"Ballistics?" I ask Maria as she stands next to me.

"Three slugs, no rifling. Completely untraceable," Maria says and I clench my fist.

"Soviet-made," Natasha tells her.

"He's in V-tach," one of the doctors says and I watch them work. I feel Natasha wrap her hand around mine and I tightly hold it. I can only imagine the pain she is feeling right now.

"Defibrillator!" I hear taking me out of my thoughts.

"Don't do this to me, Nick," I hear Natasha whisper. My heartbreaks at the pain evident in her voice.

The doctors keep trying, but nothing happens. "Come on, Fury. Come on," I repeat to myself.

I feel tears slowly form in my eyes as the doctors stop working. I watch Steve walk away and I see the pain worsen on Natasha's face.

"Time?"

"1:03, Doctor."

"Time of death, 1:03 a.m."

Maria walks away, but Natasha and I don't move. The man who both took us in, the one who made us better people, just died. I know that it must be harder for Natasha since she has been working with him for a much longer time than me. After a few minutes, Natasha let's go of my hands and walks out of the room.

"Damn it," I say slamming my fist on the wall. I pull my hand out of the hole that I created.

"Eva," I hear Maria's voice say.

I look down and turn around. I lean against the wall behind me when Maria grabs my hand making me look up at her. "They are transferring Nick so you all can see him. I know this is hard for you, but it's also hard for Natasha. You two need each other right now," my friend tells me and I nod.

I hug her for a second before I make my way out of the room. "Where is she?" I ask Steve as I walk up to him.

"The room that they are putting Nick in," he tells me as he sits in a chair.

I quickly make my way to the room and I see Natasha waiting inside. "Nat," I say softly as I see tears in her eyes.

She shakes her head and moves herself into my arms. "I'm here, I'm here," I tell Natasha as I hold her tightly.

Ten minutes later, two nurses come in with Nick. I feel Natasha tense in my arms as she sees the white sheet over him. Natasha releases herself from my arms and walks over to him and gently pulls the cover off his face. Steve walks in and stands next to me. "How is she?" He asks me.

"Hurt," I tell him, "She got a father figure taken away from her. The one that gave her a chance."

I watch intently as Natasha stands there. Her arms crossed and her feet firmly places on the ground. Just in her posture, I can tell she is trying to hold her emotions in like we were taught to do when we were younger. I walk up to her and place my hand on her back and she leans her head on my shoulder. "I need to take him," I hear Maria tell Steve.

I know Natasha doesn't though as she doesn't move. I watch as a tear falls down Natasha's face as I gently wipe it off. "Natasha, Evalina," Steve says from behind us.

Natasha places a hand on Nick's head before walking out, but Steve and I immediately follow her. "Natasha!" Steve says as we catch up to her in the hallway.

She suddenly turns around making us stop. "Why was Fury in your apartment?" Nat asks Steve.

"He was in your apartment?" I ask the captain. I didn't know about this since I didn't hear the phone call Natasha got.

Steve raises his arms while sighing. "I don't know," he replies and I scoff.

He knows something.

"Cap," we hear and I turn to see Rumlow, "They want you back at S.H.I.E.L.D."

"Yeah, give me a second," Steve tells him.

"They want you now," Rumlow says and I knew in that moment I wanted to kick Rumlow in the head.

"Okay," Steve says sternly.

"You're a terrible liar," Natasha tell Steve as he looks back at her.

She turns to walk away, but I quickly follow. "Natasha," I say and she turns to look at me.

"You should go with Steve," she tells me and I am taken back by her words.

"What?" I ask surprised, "I know this is hard for you right now, Nat, I do. But don't push me away."

"I don't need you right now," Natasha says and I feel my heart sink, "And I don't want you right now."

I clench my jaw at Natasha's words. "Just go with him," Natasha tells me and then turns back around to walk away.

I feel tears in my eyes, but I quickly push them back. I clench my fists as I turn around and walk up to Steve and Rumlow.

"Let's go."

~~~

Hello, everyone! I hope you all enjoyed the update and I apologize for any mistakes, I did not have time to edit. I hope you are all doing well and don't forget to comment, vote, and stay safe!

~ The Author

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

663K 21.2K 38
wrong number story; mcu the reader accidentally texts a member of the avengers one day and then a beautifully chaotic friendship grows between them a...
184K 6.3K 41
Natasha Romanoff has had many identities in her life. A Black Widow, a Shield Agent, an Avenger, a Sister and a Friend. After the events of defeating...
548K 12.7K 52
Fifteen years ago, Natasha Romanoff, more commonly known as Black Widow, created a genetically-modified embryo with Tony Stark's help. Before the emb...
273K 7.4K 40
Hydra, an organization founded on the belief that people could not be trusted with their own freedom, had no regard for human life. One day, when a s...