≪ slowly ≫ (rodrick heffley) ✓

By shmewulok

"What's up with this weird book you guys always share?" "It's not weird, jerk." (no smut) Rodrick Heffley x f... More

no. 1
no. 2
no. 3
no. 5
no. 6
no. 7
no. 8
no. 9
no. 10
no. 11
no. 12
no. 13
no. 14
no. 15
no. 16
extras

no. 4

10.6K 215 838
By shmewulok

🍄

I was laying in my bed as I got a message. It was from y/n. It's been two weeks and since then, y/n and Olivia had been hanging out with us a lot. I think me and y/n got a little closer over the last three weeks because we saw each other every day. Her behavior has changed a bit and her true character was staring to show. She's pretty, funny and weird. I like that. I became happy about her message since I wasn't doing anything today.

-

y/n

heyo, watcha doingg ^^

nothing :(

come over
oli ditched me for chris :(
that ho (¬_¬)

ouch (-.- )
wait are they dating :0

not yet ig, idk

ok I'll come over

-

Because I dropped her off one time before, I knew her address already. As I got ready to meet her I wondered why Chris didn't tell me that he was hanging out with Olivia. I decided to text him a simple message and leave after that.

-

chrissss

you and olivia are fuckin ? 👀

-

I rang the doorbell to y/n opening it immediately. It seemed like she waited for me at the door. "Rodrick!" She chanted like a little child jumping up to hug me tightly. What was going on with her? Lol. I felt appreciated. Wow. "Y/n, what's up with you?" I laughed as I hugged her back. She was a little shorter than me so I grabbed her waist to pull her up.

We let each other go and she looked up to me into my eyes. It made me feel kinda tingly. "I'm just happy to see you, dummy." I followed her, walking into the house. Her mother was at the kitchen counter watching something on her phone with maximum sound. I got a little nervous about meeting y/n's mom. I don't even know her last name. Fuck me.

She looked up from her phone and scanned me. It seemed like she was totally judging me. I didn't even know her parents were home. I mean, I also didn't know why I expected them not to be home. Before her mom could say anything y/n spoke up. "Mom, this is Rodrick." Her mom looked at y/n confused but in a funny way. "I've been telling you about him..." Wait, y/n told her mom about me?

"Oh, that's Rodrick?" Y/n nodded at her mom's question. "Uhuh, nice to meet you." She said happily. I waved at her and said 'hi' awkwardly. "Oh hunny..." her mom walked up to me to give me a brief hug. I love hugs but it was weird. "You don't know how glad I am." She came closer to my ear to whisper. "since y/n's talking to you she's not so grumpy anym-"

"Mom! That's enough..." y/n grabbed my wrist and pulled me upstairs. "Let's go to my room." I just went along with her.

As we entered her room I was shocked at how good it looked. She didn't have a bed frame so it's only a mattress on the floor with a lot of pillows and bedcovers. It looked so cool and comfortable. A few fake plants were hanging from the ceiling. I have no idea what kind of plants that were but a few were hanging in a cool hanging pot. It also had a lot of cool posters and a guitar standing in the corner. It was somewhat tidy even tho there was a lot of stuff. "Damn, you're room is so cool."

I admired the posters and noticed that we have the same taste in music. "Yours is cool too. I like hanging out in your attic." Y/n chuckled and sat down on her old but trendy orange couch. I sat beside her as she turned on some music. Y/n turned to me, sitting crossed-legged. "Can I paint your fingernails?" She leaned her arms on her legs and looked at me cutely. I always wanted to do that so I smirked at her and agreed.

Y/n stood up and walked to her shelf. "Black?" She asked me while looking into her nail polish set. I thought about painting all my nails black except for the middle finger. "Bring black and white," I said and explained to her how I wanted it to look.

"Damn, I love you for letting me do that." Y/n chuckled while painting my nails. She didn't look at me. I love you? I just laughed at her comment. After she finished she told me to wait a few minutes. "I dunno why, but that nail polish takes ages to dry." Y/n shrugged her shoulders, putting the set back to her shelf. I blew on my nails to make them dry quicker. "Don't you think people will make fun of me?"

"Fuck them then." Y/n turned around to face me. "It looks good, it suits you. If they do, why should you care? They are boring and toxic." She sat down beside me again. It suits me? I never really get compliments.

"Man, this is boring," I stated, referring to my nails drying. "Could you play me something?" y/n shook her head embarrassed. "Please, this is boring." I looked at her the same way she looked at me, asking to paint my nails.

"Ok, but quickly." Y/n started playing Brainstew by Greenday. It was slowly but adorable?? With a little bit more practice she would be so good. "Okay, that's it. It's too embarrassing." She said while putting back the guitar. "Well, I think it was cute..." the look on her face change to a shocked and shy expression. "...you could get better with more practicing." I smiled at her.

My phone buzzed as I was singing with y/n.

-

chrissss

you and olivia are fuckin ? 👀

dude fuck you
this is something serious

chill

let's go out eat with everyone

-

"Chris just asked me if we should go out to eat with everyone," I told y/n and waited for a response. "That sounds good. I'm hungry actually." She stood up and prepared herself, getting a bag.

-

löded fuckers

I'll pick you up
where are you?

chrissss sent location

benny sent location

-

"Wait before we go..." I whispered to y/n while she was ready to walk downstairs. "...what's your family name? I wanna say goodbye to your mom." Y/n smiled and giggled briefly. "Y/l/n, you suck-up."

Downstairs, in the corridor, y/n's mom approached us before we could walk out of the house. "Where are you going y/n?" Y/n turned around and looked annoyed. "I'm going out with friends. I'll be back tonight." Her mother nodded. "Okay. Stay safe."

"Goodbye, Mrs. y/l/n." I waved like a little boy as we walked to my van. I noticed her mom laughing. Embarrassing.

"You're weird, Heffley." Y/n giggled as she sat down in the passenger seat. "Polite." I corrected her and winked. She instantly turned her head away. Out of nervousness, I guess.

"By the way..." y/n looked at me again. Her face looked so pretty when it was lighted by the streetlights or whatever. "...you drive like a maniac." She started laughing as I turned on the engine. "Like, how the hell did you get your license?"

At first, we picked up Ben. I luckily had the extra seats for the back in but it's only two. Ben sat in one of those seats. We sang along to some songs and gossiped about Olivia and Chris while I focused on the road. After that, we headed to Chris'. He got out of the house with Olivia in his arm. It looked awkward.

Ben refused to give up his seat like a little boy, so Chris had to sit on the floor and offered Olivia the last free seat. I could see the hatred in his eyes because of Ben. "Where we going?" I asked Chris and he told me about a Chinese restaurant near us. I really like Chinese food so I didn't care about the other's opinions and started driving.

I noticed how close Olivia and Chris were as we sat in a booth at a window. Of course, Chris and Olivia sat next to each other. Y/n took a seat at the window in front of Olivia and I sat down beside her. She smiled at me making some space. But then we got pushed together by Ben trying to sit down beside us.

Our legs touched and y/n seemed to get embarrassed or shy. She hid her face by looking out of the window. Since it was already dark outside I could see her reflection. She was shyly smiling to herself which made me smile too.

After we ordered our food Chris talked up. "Guys listen..." he said awkwardly. I and y/n stopped talking and focused on him. "they're 'bout to confess, I swear," Y/n whispered to me before Olivia started talking. "We're dating, guys..." We all acted a little shocked but it was obvious. "...don't make a big deal out of it." Olivia added. "told ya," Y/n whispered to me again.

Our food arrived and we started eating. "Painted your nails?" Ben asked me out of nowhere. "Yeah. Y/n helped me." Ben nodded. "Looks cool, man."

"you're cool, I told ya," Y/n whispered and giggled to me. "What about you guys?" Chris pointed at me and y/n, trying to change the topic. Y/n chuckled while I choked on my rice. "What about us?" Y/n said while stuffing her mouth. "I dunno. You seem like a good match." Chris laughed. We looked at each other for a second. I felt my cheeks blush slightly. "She's my new best friend..." I said with a stuffed mouth and took y/n into my arm. "...since you guys suck," I said referring to Ben and Chris. "I don't suck, asshole," Ben whined.

After we finished I brought everyone home. At first, Chris, who took Olivia with him. After that, I dropped off Ben who said he felt like a third wheel all the time. And then, it was only the two of us. Her phone chimed and heard her sigh while she was looking at her new message. "What's wrong?" I asked her while focusing on the road.

"It's Jack. He wants to go on a date with me..." She turned off her phone. I felt a little gloomy. I really, really don't like Jack. "...and what you gonna do?" I noticed y/n looking at me from the corner of my eyes. "I don't like him but I also don't really know him, yet." I felt fucking relieved as I heard her say that.

"You know I heard 'if his name starts with J, you better stay away'." Y/n started laughing hysterically loud. I really like her weird laugh so I laughed along.

As I parked in front of y/n's house she unbuckled her seat belt but she didn't get out of the van. "Before I'll go..." she reached into her bag and took out a small book. "...I got this notebook a few years ago and I never used it." She gave me the book. Our hands shortly touched which gave me gentle goosebumps for some reason.

"I saw this thing where... we could draw something and exchange it every time we finished a page..." Y/n said while I admired her drawing. "Damn, you're creative," I said astonished. She drew a face with only highlighters and a black fine liner. She also glued some pictures together which made it seem scarier. "Thanks... do you like the idea tho?"

"Yeah, that's a cool idea." I closed the book and looked at her again. "Well, ..." y/n opened the door "...I gotta go. See ya."

"Bye," I said and waited for her to enter her house so I could drive back home. Y/n waved me goodbye and closed her front door. Before I started the engine I looked back to the book that was laying on the passenger's seat. A smile shaped on my face unintentionally. Without really thinking about my sudden feeling or minding them I drove home.

🍄

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

191K 3.5K 20
You're a member of Löded Diper. You've been their bass guitarist for as long as the bands been together. Everything is normal until you and Rodrick d...
17.2K 235 7
u and rodrick meet at a beach town rest stop on your way to the boardwalk. turns out, you both go to the same hotel, and some cool stuff happens lol...
225K 2.3K 45
this is so cringe i'm so sorry revamping as of march 2023💗
19.9K 366 8
Rodrick is sick, but he doesn't show it. Can Greg help him before it's too late? *This story takes place during the time gap between the 2nd and 3rd...