Angel Of My Imagination - Nat...

By Thompson1317

To the outside world, Evalina Devin is seen as an average women. She works at a café in New York and that is... More

Extended Summary
Playlist
Part 1
Cast for Part 1
Chapter 1: Assistance
Chapter 2: Just the Beginning
Chapter 3: Nightmares
Chapter 4: Damage
Chapter 5: The Battle of New York Pt 1
Chapter 6: The Battle of New York Pt 2
Chapter 7: Goodbyes
Part 2
Cast for Part 2
Chapter 9: Discoveries
Chapter 10: Pain
Chapter 11: Gone
Chapter 12: Conversation
Chapter 13: Elevator Catastrophe
Chapter 14: Lost and Found
Chapter 15: The Timer
Chapter 16: Where It Started
Chapter 17: The Truth
Chapter 18: A Friend
Chapter 19: What did you just say?
Chapter 20: Bucky?
Chapter 21: Survivor
Chapter 22: The Beginning to an End
Chapter 23: One Step Closer
Chapter 24: Restart
Part 3
Cast for Part 3
Chapter 25: New Recruit
Chapter 26: Stark
Chapter 27: Family
Chapter 28: Two Introductions
Chapter 29: Reasoning?
Chapter 30: Left Behind
Chapter 31: Take a Break
Chapter 32: Mind Games
Chapter 33: Unwanted Goodbyes
Chapter 34: Vision
Chapter 35: Savior
Chapter 36: Lose to Win
Chapter 37: Memories
Part 4
Cast for Part 4
Chapter 38: Next Step

Chapter 8: On High Alert

3.1K 100 3
By Thompson1317

On High Alert

~~~

It has been two years since the battle against Loki and the Chitauri in Manhattan. I have been keeping a close eye on the city that I used to call my home. People are still getting back to feeling safe, stores are only partially open, and buildings are being rebuild.

After staying with Clint for a few weeks after the battle, Natasha and I returned to S.H.I.E.L.D. headquarters in Washington, D.C. Natasha and I have been assisting in missions and luckily nothing like what happened in New York has occurred. Soon after Natasha and I arrived in D.C., Captain did too.

He wanted to stay close to S.H.I.E.L.D. and always wanted to help. To stay on the low, S.H.I.E.L.D assigned him to live in a small apartment. Nick told me that he had to make sure Steve's apartment was bugged. I was shocked when he told me, but I understood the reason, to keep Steve safe. Fury also made Agent Sharon Carter, but known to Steve as Kate, be Steve's neighbor so she can watch out for him. Kate has to pose as a nurse so Steve does not find out who she truly is.

When needed, Steve, Natasha, and I would go on missions together, but only when it was truly needed. It wasn't often that it happened, but it did. Now for my, what I can guess I can call powers, my healing process is still the same, of course only healing when I want to or when I can. My strength has not depleted either. Still the same as I was before.

Natasha's and I relationship has also grown a lot. We have a lot more freedom now as a couple then we did when we were together in the Red Room. We are not always that big on PDA, but we have our moments. I am just happy to have her back in my life again as my girlfriend.

Currently I am working on some paperwork at the desk in our room when I feel two hands placed on my shoulders. "I woke up in a cold bed," Natasha whispers in my ear.

"Had some work to do," I tell her as I turn to face her.

I smile as I see some slight tiredness still evident in the redhead's eyes. Some of her hair, which she has let grow over the past two years, sprawled across her face. "But I wanted to wake up with you," Natasha says as she walks around and then straddles me.

"You would of liked that, wouldn't you?" I ask her as she wraps her arms around my shoulders.

"Very much," Natasha tells me with a smile as I brush the hair off of her face.

I place my hands on her waist and lean up to connect our lips. Natasha sighs as she sinks into the kiss. She then places a hand in my hair when we hear a beeping. "Agent Devin, Agent Romanoff," I hear an automatic voice recording of Fury's voice through the communication system in our room, "Office immediately. New mission."

I groan quietly as Natasha and I pull away. "Wipe that frown off," Natasha says pecking my lips one last time before getting up, "I'm going to get ready since you already are. Do you think you can make me some tea?"

"Sure," I respond with a smile.

"Thank you," Natasha says over her shoulder as she goes into our closet to change.

I make my way into the kitchen and make Natasha her tea. After a few minutes Natasha walks out in her leather jacket. "Beautiful," I tell her as I hand her tea to her.

"Thank you," Natasha says as she kisses me. We make our way out of our room and to the elevator. I pressed the button after we enter and let out a small yawn.

"Don't go sleeping on me know," Natasha says nudging me with a smile.

"Paperwork drained me," I tell her and Natasha moved herself to stand in front of me.

"Then don't wake up so early to do it," she tells me and I playfully glare at her.

Natasha smirks as the elevator door opens. She turns around and walks out, swaying her hips slightly. I chuckle as I follow her to Fury's office. Once we get there Natasha knocks on the door. "Come in," Fury says and we do.

Fury motions for us to sit in the seats in front of his desk. He then hands a folder to Natasha and one to me as well. "You will be working with Rogers today," Fury says as I start to flip through the pages in the folder, "The S.T.R.I.K.E. team will also be assisting. I called in Rumlow earlier and he is prepping his team as we speak."

"Are you serious?" I ask looking up at the man, "Why do we need S.T.R.I.K.E.?"

"I will tell you why in a second. I need you two to pick up Rogers and bring him back here to prepare for the mission since he will be in charge, however, you two will also be doing a separate mission at the same time and Rogers cannot know," Fury says and Natasha and I look at him confused, "Your mission with Rogers is to save hostages on a hijacked S.H.I.E.L.D. boat. Your separate mission is that all the intel on S.H.I.E.L.D on all of the computers needs to be saved. Well, as much as you can get. Do you understand?"

"Yes," Natasha responds at the two look at me when I don't answer.

The amount of things running through my brain right now is chaotic.

"Devin?" Fury asks and I look at him, "Are we clear?"

"Yes, sir," I tell him and he nods.

"Good, now go get Rogers. You are dismissed," Fury tells us.

Natasha and I leave the room and head back to our room to grab our things. "What was that about?" Natasha asks as we put our uniforms on.

"What was what about?" I ask as I pull a black shirt on.

"You froze and initially didn't respond to Fury. What's going on in that pretty mind of yours?" Natasha asks as she had me my shoes.

"Doesn't it seem weird that we have to get all the intel?" I ask her and she shrugs.

"It's just our job, we can't ask questions right now," Natasha tells me and I nod.

I grab a sweater to put over my shirt and shove my jacket and mask into my bag that holds my sword. I place my gun in my holster and watch as Natasha pulls her leather jacket back over her uniform. "I'm going to grab Steve's things. Can you bring the car to the back?" I ask my girlfriend.

"Sure, see you in a few," Natasha says as she kisses my cheek and leaves the room with her belongings.

I go to the private room that is only for Steve, Natasha, and I. In a corner is Steve's things, so I grab it and quickly make my way to the back of the building. Right as I get there Natasha pulls up in the car. I open the trunk and place Steve and my things in it. "You look hot driving this car," I tell Natasha as I get into the car.

"So I'm not always hot?" Natasha asks playfully as she looks at me

"Oh no, you are always hot. Don't worry babe," I tell her and Natasha smiles at my words.

"Alright, start reading more about the mission," Natasha tells me and I nod as I open the folder to start and look over it.

I rest my hand on the console in the middle and smile when I feel Natasha lace her fingers with mine. I continue reading, but pull her hand up to my face and place a gentle kiss on the back of it, then rest our hands back down. "Steve is going to meet us at the curb," Natasha says pulling my attention away from the folder.

"How did you let him know?" I ask her.

"I text him," she says with a shrug, but I am still confused.

"How? You're holding my hand and the other is on the steering wheel," I tell her and she chuckles.

"I used my knee to drive and then I text him," Natasha replies casually and I just stare at her in shock. Natasha looks at me and chuckles at my expression. "Don't look at me like that, we're alive, right?" Natasha asks.

"You are going to be the death of me," I tell her which makes her laugh.

Then we pull up to a curb to see Steve talking to another guy. "Hey, fellas," Natasha says as she rolls the window down, "Either of you know where the Smithsonian is? I'm here to pick up a fossil."

I look at Natasha and then back at Steve. I burst out laughing at her words. "That's hilarious," Steve says as he walks up to the car.

Steve looks at me expectedly and I stop laughing. "No, no. I am not sitting in the back," I tell him.

The next thing I know I am sitting in the back with my arms crossed. "Thanks Romanoff," Steve tells her as he gets in.

"It's not nice to take away things," I tell my girlfriend and she shrugs.

"Sorry," Natasha says with a smile.

The man that Steve was talking to crouches down and him and Natasha look at each other. "How you doing?" He asks her.

"Hey," Natasha replies with a small smile.

"Alright," I say leaning forwards cutting the man's eyesight from Natasha, "Bye buddy."

Natasha laughs behind me and lightly pushes me back to sit down. "Can't run everywhere," Steve tells the man.

"No you can't," he replies with a smile while looking at Natasha.

Then Natasha rolls up the window and takes off. "Not cool," I mumble as I lean my head back.

Natasha and Steve laugh at my words as Natasha swerves through other cars. "So what's the mission?" Steve asks.

I hand him the folder he was assigned from Fury and it is silent as we make our way to where we meet S.T.R.I.K.E. Hopefully this mission doesn't turn out horrible.

~~~

There is the first chapter for part 2! i hope you all enjoyed it and don't forget to comment, vote, and say safe!

~ The Author

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2M 68.6K 120
''I thought people always remembered their first kiss.'' Katariina ''Katya'' Petrova grew up with Natalia Romanova in the same institute, trained to...
128K 4.3K 39
𝐚 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐚𝐬𝐡𝐚 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐢𝐬 𝐫𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐨 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞. ᴇᴠᴇʀᴇꜱᴛ...
193K 4.8K 52
Y/n texts Natasha Romanoff about getting hurt instead of her best friend, Alena. But she ends up connecting with her, Unknowingly y/n shares every de...
9K 355 28
IT'S OKAY. In which Elena Reyes goes on more of the adventure she dislikes. Or In which Elena Reyes loses a lot but also gains the love of her life...