π’―π“‡π‘œπ“…π’½π“Ž 𝒲𝒾𝒻𝑒

By blackgirlwhoreads

[UNEDITED] "So the basis of the arrangement is I will pay for your last three years of medical school, pay yo... More

Cast
Capitulo 1
Capitulo 2
Capitulo 3
Capitulo 4
Capitulo 5
Capitulo 6
Capitulo 7
Capitulo 8
Capitulo 9
Capitulo 10
Capitulo 11
Capitulo 12
Capitulo 12.5
Capitulo 13
Capitulo 14
Capitulo 15
Capitulo 16
Capitulo 17
Capitulo 18
Capitulo 19
Capitulo 20
Capitulo 21
Capitulo 22
Capitulo 23
Capitulo 24
Capitulo 26
Capitulo 27
New Visuals
Capitulo 28
Capitulo 29
Capitulo 30
Capitulo 31
Capitulo 32
Capitulo 33
Capitulo 34
Capitulo 35
Capitulo 36
Capitulo 37
-Penthouse-
Capitulo 38
Capitulo 39
Capitulo 40
Capitulo 41
Capitulo 42
Capitulo 43
Capitulo 44
Capitulo 45
Capitulo 46
Capitulo 47
Capitulo 48
Capitulo 49
Capitulo 50
Capitulo 51
Capitulo 52
Capitulo 53
Capitulo 54
Capitulo 55
Capitulo 56
Capitulo 57
Capitulo 58
Capitulo 59
Capitulo 60
Capitulo 61
Capitulo 62
Capitulo 63
Capitulo 64
Capitulo 65
Capitulo 66
Capitulo 67
Capitulo 68
Capitulo 69
Capitulo 70

Capitulo 25

9.5K 410 172
By blackgirlwhoreads

Lennox POV

"Look at you Lil Bit, I see you. Over here trying to impress your man." Christian looked over all of the food that I had prepared and laid out on the table.

"Honestly, I was scared she'd burn the house down. Since when do you know how to cook?" Miles snickered.

"Since always." I rolled my eyes. I swear they act like some big ass kids.

I prepared tacos, like I said. I just happen to make three kinds of meat and plate everything on a charcuterie board. I also made a quesadilla platter for the younger kids cause I know how picky they can be. The last thing I prepared was grilled Mexican street corn, Elote. Though I didn't use a real grill. I used one of those George Foreman type things that Lina had near the stove.

"I didn't realize you were cooking so much, I would have offered to help." Lina gave me a sympathetic look. I'm still a little salty with her, she's the whole reason I got roped into this damn dinner.

"Well you can make the margaritas." I offered as I began to make Jayce-Lynn's plate. The kids are going to be set up in the living room in front of the TV with dinner trays, because Lord only knows what's bound to come out of Christian's mouth.

Beckham began to make his plate as well and immediately Ms. April gave me one of those looks. I bit my bottom lip trying to prevent myself from side-eyeing her. And so it begins.

I tried my best to ignore her and finished up with Jayce's plate, however, my efforts were in vain as she literally took the plate from Beckham's hands and told him I would get that. I usually never have any sort of conflict with Ms. April but for some reason, everyone is trying it tonight. I hurried and got Mia and Michelle's plates together and sent the three of them off to the living room. Now that the kids were all settled, I turned my attention back to Ms. April taking the plate from her.

"Ms. April, if Beckham wants to make his plate he can. We don't do that." I explained as sweetly and politely as I could muster.

"Why would you make my plate? You already cooked." Beckham muttered, clearly confused. Yet I couldn't be prouder because his logic was spot on.

I cooked and the good Lord blessed him with four working limbs which means he is more than capable of making his own plate. 

Christian sucked his teeth loudly shaking his head and I was five seconds away from coming across the table on him.

"Y'all are joking right? It's 2020, feminism, equality, Time's Up... Anyone?" Micah interjected, "I can't believe y'all still expect her to make his plate. Women run for President now."

And a child shall lead them. I beamed with pride at my nephew.

"Aht, stay out of grown folks' business. You should be in there with your sisters anyways." Miles snapped at him causing both myself and his wife to frown. You don't yell at Micah, he's too sensitive for that and more importantly he's right.

Lina came to his defensive, as she should! "He's 15. He can stay exactly where he's at. Go head and have a seat baby." She patted him on the back gently.

"Now you know why I said to bring tequila." I forced a smile as I took my seat at the table next to Beckham, who began to rub my thigh in attempt to soothe me.

"I agree. We need liquor, I'll get started on making the drinks." Lina grabbed the bottle of Cuervo off the table before retreating back to the kitchen.

"Feel free to throw an extra shot in mine." I called out, winking at her. Lord knows I'll need it.

"Soo... Beckham, Brandt tell us about yourselves." Ms. April invited now that everyone was mostly settled at the table with their food. I found myself without an appetite at the moment. Though that didn't stop the boys from digging in.

"I'll go first." Brandt swallowed his mouthful, "Beckham and I are brothers.. Like Lennox said. Lennox is my new best friend, Beckham hates that. He's jealous cause she likes me more than him, and I'm studying to get my MBA."

Christian stared laughing halfway through Brandt's little monologue for obvious reasons.

"I'm not jealous," Beckham grumbled. "I just think it's weird."

"He's jealous." Brandt and I countered at the same time, causing me to squeal in delight. It wasn't intentional at all but this is exactly why we're so close. We're always on the same wave-length. 

"It's not weird. It's great, what would you prefer it if your girlfriend and I didn't get along? Wouldn't that complicate things for you?"

Miles looked up from his plate with a raised eyebrow, "Complicate things how?"

"Umm... The De Loughrey family is very particular about everything and they're not shy about sharing their opinions. Since their family is very influential their opinions are not taken lightly." I tried to explain without going into to much detail. They don't need to know about how Niall had to interview me to determine whether or not I'd be complimentary to Beckham's lifestyle and acceptable to their society friends. 

They also don't need to know how the success of my relationship with Beckham is basically the sole determining factor regarding whether or not he'll take over as CEO. So yeah, Brandt's right. If we didn't get along it would only further complicate things in my relationship with Beckham.

"Lennox had nothing to worry about though. She charms everyone she meets." Beckham beamed at me. 

"Aren't y'all cute or whatever." Micah rolled his eyes causing everyone at the table to erupt into a fit of laughter. 

When the laughter died down Christian set his eyes on Beckham, nodding towards him. "Okay, so now you. Tell us about yourself. Explain the prison tats and shit."

"Language!" Ms. April chastised, frowning. She wasn't close enough to him to pop him but I have a feeling if she could've, she would've.

"I'm grown." Christian shrugged in response, and looked down at my plate awkwardly because he knows Ms. April will still beat his ass. Grown or not. If he keeps up like this her slipper will be meeting his head before the night ends.

"There's not much to say about me; I'm currently in the process of taking over my family's business. I've still never been to prison, I just like tattoos. They're art."

"And you date Len." Miles added on.

"No shit." I smacked my lips at him, "Sorry." I glanced at Ms. April with an innocent smile, "It slipped."

"Y'all want something to be wrong with this boy so damn bad." Lina shook her head, now returning with a pitcher of margaritas and glasses. "So what he doesn't talk much. He seems nice enough and Lennox likes him, she has a good head on her shoulders."

"Lennox hasn't brought anyone home before, we just want to get know the kid that's all." Miles put his hands up, trying to prevent a(nother) argument with his wife. Good, he's learning.

Beckham looked at me quizzically. Obviously wondering about what Miles said. The answer was so blatantly obvious. I hadn't even bothered to entertain the idea of dating anyone after receiving custody of Jayce-Lynn. She's my priority.

Instead of answer I simply poured myself a glass of the cocktail Lina had just prepared taking a long sip. Micah reached for the pitcher after I set it back down on the table, and Lina immediately smacked him on the hand.

"You know better. Go get a soda from the fridge."

"I don't mean to be that person... But hasn't it only been like two years?" Brandt tilted his head to the side, "How many people was Len supposed to bring home?"

I couldn't help but let out a giggle. Really, how many people was I supposed to bring home?

Miles rolled his eyes before turning to me, "We just care about your mean ass. That's all."

"I know you do." I nodded my head in confirmation, "And I care about Beckham."

"Yeah let's get back to Beckham." Christian spoke up, "Cause I believe he was getting ready to tell us what exactly he does."

"Christian that's rude. Act like you have home-training." Ms. April shook her head, "I apologize about my son. He wasn't raised like this."

"Oh my god. It's not like I asked him how much me makes per year. I just want to to know what business he could possibly be in looking like that..."

I pinched the bridge of my nose. The irony of this whole thing is that Christian has nice things, so I don't know why he's acting like this. He owns a couple of local barbershops. Yet he's acting like he's never been around money before.

"My family's business is alcohol.. It's very lucrative, and it can be a good time but it's still very much so a serious business." Beckham explained.

"You can Google him, you know." I shrugged my shoulders growing tired of this conversation.

"Hey.." Beckham gave my thigh a squeeze trying to tell me to 'be nice'. I looked up at him and gave a small smile to placate his concern.

What he fails to realize is that I am being nice, a fact that my family is fully aware of. Which is exactly why both Christian and Miles pulled their phones from their pockets and began to Google presumably Beckham and the rest of the DeLoughrey family.

"What is this?" Christian turned his phone screen around so we could all see it. It was an article about the upcoming Vanity Fair cover that Beckham and I are appearing on.

"It's an article about a magazine..." I'm not quite sure how else to explain it. "They think Beckham and I can be the new.. 'Serena and Alexis' but younger and more attractive."

"Didn't you two just start dating?"

"It's been nearly six months..."

"Umm... The better question is who is this?" Miles held up his screen which had a picture of Beckham and Brynlee on it.

"Oh shit.." Brandt straightened up in his seat as the room fell silence. I could feel Beckham's grip on my thigh grow tighter as he attempted to maintain his composure.

"That's my ex, she's not important."

I bit my bottom lip trying to mask my irritation. He keeps saying she's not important and yet that keeps proving not to be the case. If she's not important why is she receiving invitations to his parents house, and popping up in the search results when you Google his name? And then of course, there's the part where they were supposed to get married.

He insists on maintaining this lie that she somehow isn't important. I don't want to make a scene in front of my family so I say nothing and instead stuff my mouth full of food.

"So like a recent ex or...?" Lina inquired further.

"Umm. No. Not recent we were together when I was 22 and I'm 28 now." Beckham sighed when he saw the expression on my face. I could tell he wanted to say something but decided against it given our current circumstances.

The rest of dinner was remarkably uneventful all things considered. Though the evening started out rocky, it seems that my family does indeed like Beckham. Which I am happy about but it was bit of a bittersweet experience. It's great that they like him, they liked him so much that they want us to host another dinner. This time at his place. I don't know, like I said before it complicates things.

"You've been silent since we left dinner." Beckham remarked while he played with strands of my hair, absentmindedly. We were now back at my place, just chilling on the couch. He decided he wanted to spend the night and I wasn't exactly in a position to refuse him.

"I'm just thinking..." I turned, so I was now looking up at him. My head lay in his lap as I stared into those frosty blue eyes. "This is all getting pretty serious, yeah?"

He licked his lips, "I'd hope so. I've already told you how I feel about you. I know you need time so I'm not trying to push you but I want this. For real."

"We are practically strangers."

"Not true. You are the most intelligent, charming, stunning, and stubborn woman I have ever met. You've got the head of a bull, but a sweet heart. You hate affection but you like it when I touch you and that bothers you. Your favorite color is black, you don't have any favorite foods only cravings. And you hate to cook and to drive. Which is why I especially appreciate the fact that you cooked tonight."

His answer genuinely took me by surprise. So Beckham is extremely observant. Good to know. I briefly find myself at loss for words.

"What's my middle name?"

"Seriously, Lennox? After all that. That's all you have to say?" My expression remained unchanging prompting him to answer the question. "It's Marie?"

"It's Estelle."

I think Beckham like what he sees, the parts of him that I show him. The way that I'm able to be everything he wants me to be. That's exactly it, I'm being everything he wants me to be. Like we agreed upon. I don't know if sees the real me the way he thinks he does. Don't get me wrong, he's obviously trying. I'm just not sure he's succeeding .

"Stop thinking so much." Beckham must have noticed the way my gaze spaced once again. "I'm not pushing you, Lennox Estelle James."

"I think you want something from me that I'm not capable of giving you."

He raised his eyebrow, "Not capable or too scared to?"

"Your feelings for me are stronger than mine are for you. That's not something that I can control, that's just how things are.." I answered nervously but he didn't seem at all upset by my response.

"Honestly, I don't think you'd know. I don't think you'd know if you had feelings for me. Do you?"

"No..." That was an honest answer.

One thing he's right about it is I've sort of made it a point not to feeling things. Anything. It's not productive, it's not beneficial. What did Tina Turner say, 'Who needs a heart when a heart can be broken?' that's true. So if, and that's a strong if, there was something between Beckham and I, something cosmic and organic. I wouldn't even what that feels like.

"That's okay, Princess. We have time." He leaned down pecking my lips gently, running a hand through my hair.

This was cute or whatever. Intentional wrote it like this because the next chapter is gonna fuck y'all up. I'm so excited for it! Things were getting a little too boring for me and I needed some spice in my life.
Things are about to get messy as fuck, and then even messier than that. So stay tuned!
~Lee

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

855 21 19
Ironically the one time Brielle tries to commit to a man for the long haul, he both cheats on her, rips open a terribly deep emotional wound and leav...
511K 25.5K 34
In love one day, heartbroken the next. Krystina and Stephen were newly graduated college sweethearts, when the world around them came crumbling down...
116K 4.9K 71
Paris teaches toddlers, she was orphaned at a young age and that has made her guarded and stole all the hope she has of having a happily ever after...
3.5M 106K 65
❝ I don't have time to waste thinking about a boy who will only destroy my future,❞ I say getting closer to him with every word, maybe a little too c...