Cassidy Scott-Stark

By phwhystler

Cassidy Scott, a 19 year old, college graduate, soon-to-be engineer, looses her mom. She is left with a note... More

The Video Message
Dinner
Moving In and Meeting the Team (Part 1)
Moving In and Meeting the Team (Part 2)
Dinner and a Show
Powers
Avoidance
Yellow Eyes
Dad
Loki
Mistletoe
Feelings
Keep it a Secret
Becoming A Stark
The Shared Vision
No Return
Broken not Hurt
Start to Mend
All But One
Can't Fight it Anymore
Morning and Warning Alarms
3 Years Lost
Just a Game of Pool
Brothers
See Me Instead
Welcome Back
Alex
Unwanted Reunion
Asgard
Return to Reality
Phase 2
Secrets with JARVIS
Wants and Needs
Marry Me
Protection
OLD memories, BORROWED places, and someone turned BLUE
The Battle with Thanos
Coma
The Finale

Stark Tower

9.4K 304 16
By phwhystler

Cassidy POV:

You grab your belongings from the car and head into Stark Tower. You had seen the tall building on the news, in photos, and have passed in countless times, but never paid it any mind. After pausing at the doorway for a few seconds, you head in. A handful of men and women in suits are walking around the lobby, but the atmosphere is casual. 

A woman calls to you from behind a rib-height desk. "May I help you?" 

You walk-up to the counter. "Hi, yes. I'm Cassidy Scott. I have...." 

The woman interrupts you, "Ah, yes. Mr. Stark is awaiting your arrival. Ms. Potts should be....actually, there she is." 

Another well-dressed woman exits an elevator and is making her way over to you. A smile appears on her face, "Good afternoon; you must be Cassidy?"

"That's me." You extend your hand and shake hers. 

"If you'll follow me, we will head up to see Mr. Stark." You follow her lead back to the elevator she had exited from. Ms. Potts presses the top-floor button, smiling at you.

You feel very calm around Ms. Potts. She has a warm atmosphere about her, which is very pleasant. 

The elevator dings and the doors open to a hallway, with a door a few steps away. Ms. Potts is a few steps ahead of you an opens the door. 

The room is massive, an open-concept living area, couches, a pool table, huge television, incredible kitchen with modern appliances that you haven't even seen in stores, with a matching island. There is a wall of windows overlooking the city, and even though you have seen the skyline before, it is breathtaking. 

"Would you like some water?" Ms. Potts asks.

"Yes, thank you."

"Oh, and call me Pepper. Mr. Stark should be here any minute, if we're lucky." Pepper also mentions.

Suddenly you hear a man's voice, "Thank you for the words of confidence, Pepper." You notice that he grabs a drink on his way to the couch. "I'm Tony Stark." He extends his hand.

"Nice to meet you Mr. Stark. Cassidy Scott." For someone in the public eye, you notice that Mr. Stark is very relaxed. 

"So is this for some sort of high school project?" He takes a sip from his glass and looks you in the eyes as Pepper sits next to him on a couch across from you.

"Not quite. And I'm actually about to graduate from college with my second Masters degree." You reply, hiding a grin, being quite proud of your accomplishments, but try to not throw it in people's faces.

"Really? How old are you if you don't mind me asking?" Pepper asks.

"19, almost 20." After you say this, you notice that Mr. Stark and Pepper's eyes have widened.

"So if an interview is not the reason...." Mr. Stark continues.

"Right. Not to start off this way, but it was a request from my mother. She uhm, passed away earlier this morning." It's really the first time you have said that aloud, and it hit your emotions in a way that you did not expect.

"Oh, I'm very sorry." Pepper says with sincerity. Mr. Stark has an apologetic look in his eyes as well.

"She had been sick for a while. In a way, I've made peace with it, or at least as much as one can. Thank you, though." You pause for a second. "She had left me a video message, and one for you as well, which I have not watched."

You take out your phone and pull-up the video that was emailed to you. "All you need to do is press play." Once you hand it to Mr. Stark, you walk over to the windows.

After watching the video your mom had left you, the message in the video left to Mr. Stark is clear in your mind, and you know you will not be able to look either of them in the eyes once it starts playing.

Shortly after you hear your mom's voice:

"Tony Stark. If this video is playing for you, that means my daughter Cassidy has made her way to you. However, that also means that I have passed away, so there's that."

You smile, knowing your mom's sense of humor never left.

"We met, and had a....thing, almost 21 years ago now."

Pepper turns to you right after that sentence, knowing what the video message will be right away. She stands and walks over to you, putting her hand on your shoulder. You cannot quite bring yourself to make eye contact with her yet, but you relax a little at her touch.

"For her whole life, I had told Cassidy that her dad had died before she was born. Your career was just beginning, and I had not found out that I was pregnant until 2 months later. We had discussed life, and honestly neither of us were ready to be parents. My life changed, but for the better. Cassidy is incredible, smart, funny, kind."

At her words, you feel your eyes filling with tears. Pepper is still standing with you, her hand tighter on your shoulder, noticing your expression and stance changing.

"And I know she is listening, so hi, sweet. Both of you needed to know this information, whether or not you do anything about it. I am so sorry to both of you for not telling you sooner. Cassidy, I love you so much, and I am so proud of who you have become. Tony, thank you for seeing her. Your wife is stunning, by the way."

The video ends. You continue to stand at the windows, Pepper still next to you. Mr. Stark is still sitting on the couch, and the phone screen has now gone off. 

After 2 minutes, he stands. Before you can say anything, Mr. Stark does, "JARVIS, I need a biological parental test scan on myself and Cassidy."

Pepper moves away from you and a light appears from the ceiling. "Will do, Mr. Stark." A voice comes from a speaker. 

A beam of light scans you in less than 10 seconds, and another light does the same to Mr. Stark simultaneously. 

"It's harmless, and actually more accurate and faster than many medical devices." Pepper states.

All you can do really is nod. 

About 2 minutes later, the same voice comes over the speaker. "Probability of parental DNA match is 99.9%."

You and Mr. Stark lock eyes for the first time since the video has ended. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.7K 228 17
𝐁𝐀𝐓𝐓𝐋𝐄 πŽπ… πƒπ‘π„π€πŒπ’ *SLOW UPDATES* ❝In which a little girl is cursed by the people she once trusted, and is forced to save the world. All...
68.4K 1.9K 20
ᴄᴏᴠᴇʀᴛ [ᴄᴏ·ᴠᴇʀᴛ] α΄€α΄…α΄Šα΄‡α΄„α΄›Ιͺᴠᴇ 1. α΄„α΄Ι΄α΄„α΄‡α΄€ΚŸα΄‡α΄…; sᴇᴄʀᴇᴛ; α΄…ΙͺsɒᴜΙͺsᴇᴅ 2. ᴄᴏᴠᴇʀᴇᴅ; sΚœα΄‡ΚŸα΄›α΄‡Κ€α΄‡α΄… (Y/N) (L/N) was always curious about her parents' job. Oftentimes...
173K 6.3K 37
With great power comes great responsibility... (Ben Parker.) The 15 years old Spiderman has been wondering around Queens as a vigilante for a full ye...
382K 13.9K 40
Cassidy Martin didn't ask for any of this, and she doesn't want it. Her powers came to her by an accident, a fluke, and now they're threatening to r...