Innocent Eyes

By Peachsk

What happens when a young girl too innocent. Loses her mother at a young age. Not being able to understand wh... More

Prologue
Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Bonus Chapter.1
Bonus Chapter.2
Bonus Chapter.3
Bonus Chapter. 4
Sequel

Chapter 55

7.9K 333 71
By Peachsk

22 Years Ago...

In a small apartment sat a young couple. Only newlyweds. In front of them, on a wooden coffee table was something that could change their life.

A beeping noise was heard indicating the pregnancy test had it's results. Margert looked to her husband who had his eyes already on her. With a deep breath, she picked up the pregnancy test. Turning around to reveal the answer.

Her hand flew to her mouth as tears pooled in her eyes from the happiness. Robert took the stick out of his wife's hand to see the results. A big smile aching on his face as he pulled her into a hug.

"We're going to be parents." Margaret sobbed into Robert's shoulder.

They had been trying for six months, every test came back negative. They had started to lose hope and were looking into IVF or anything that could help. But it was too expensive especially for a newlywed couple. This result brought a happiness no one could describe. It lit the flame of hope up again.

Robert pulled away so he could see Margaret face. Cupping her face with his hands and running his thumbs over her cheeks. They rested their foreheads together.

"We're going to be parents." Robert whispered repeating what Margaret just said. She slowly nodded her head. "I love you so so much." He whispered. 

"I know you do." Margaret smiled as they stared into eachothers eyes.

"Are you not going to say it back?" Robert asked as he slightly pulled away. Margaret just look at him smiling.

Robert raised his eyebrow. Moving her hands from her cheeks to now her waist.

When Margaret didn't say anything he started tickling her. Making Margaret fall back on the couch laughing.

"Stop..." She finally laughed out after she couldn't handle the tickles anymore.

"Are you going to say it?" Robert's body hovered over her body. Raising his eyebrow.

Margaret nodded her head. "I love you."

Robert bent down and placed a kiss on her lips.

They would of never thought that twenty two years later that they would have four kids. Netheir less that they both wouldn't be here.

Present Time...

When Noah had gotten home with Cameron. He took her up to his room where they cuddled. Noah cried softly trying not to wake Cameron up as best as he could.

But it was like Cameron had a gut feeling that something was wrong with her brothers. Causing her to wake up and shift in Noah's arms. She slowly opened her eyes. Hearing small sobs she realized it was coming from Noah.

Cameron brought her small hand up to Noah's cheek. Letting her fingers feel the dampness of them. "Noah why are you crying?" She whispered.

Noah looked down to Cameron realizing he had just woken her up. "I'm not crying Cam." Noah sniffled. Some how trying to suck his tears back in.

"Noah lieing is not nice." Cameron pouted pulling her hand away from his face and crossing her arms as best as she could. Since she was trapped to Noah's chest.

Noah let out a sigh. "Can you just cuddle me? It would would make me feel better."

Cameron stared at Noah even though they were in pitch black. She slowly nodded her head and scooched herself up so she could be more closer to his face.

Her little hands found Noah's cheeks, carefully wiping away his tears. Then planting a small kiss on the tip of his nose. "Is that better?" Cameron whispered.

Even though Cameron couldn't see him. He had a small smile on his face. "Yes, that makes me feel a small bit better." He brought his arms up, one wrapped around her waist pulling Cameron back to his chest. While the other went to the back of her hair, pulling her head closer to him. He ran his fingers through her hair soothingly. Kissing the top of her head, smelling the comforting smell of her hair.

Cameron snuggled into her brothers warmth. Wrapping her arms around his neck to pull him closer. She just hoped this would make him feel some what better.

Cameron's comfort had made Noah feel some what better. But that pain of losing someone still ached in his heart.

It wasn't until three am that Mason and Owen had gotten home. Mason made his way to the sitting room, sitting on the couch. While Owen went straight to the kitchen. Both of their eyes were bloodshot. Both of them hadn't said a word since their fathers passing.

Owen went to the back of the press where he found a bottle of whiskey. Something he had never touched, it given to him as a gift one year. Taking out two glasses. He brought them into the dark sitting room setting the items on the coffee table.

Mason looked down at the whiskey and then back up to Owen. The only light filling the sitting room was the one coming from the kitchen. Owen opened the whiskey bottle pouring something for himself and Mason.

He took the glasses in his hand as he sat down beside Mason passing one glass to him. They both sat in silence as they sipped on the whiskey.

"How are we going to tell Cameron?" Mason spoke up.

Owen let out a sigh, taking a sip from his glass. "I honestly don't know. She has already lost one parent and now she has lost another."

"Do you think we were right?" Mason asked.

Owen looked at Mason. His eyebrows scrunched up in confusion. "About what?"

"About not letting her say a final goodbye?"

"Yes. I didn't want her to see her Dad like that. I didn't want that to be her last memory of him." Owen sighed.

"Money. What are we going to do about money? How are we going to afford a funeral?" Mason was starting to panic. The lump in his throat growing again.

Owen ran his hand down his face. "Mason I don't know. Let me just get over tonight first." Throwing his head back drinking the rest of whiskey in one go. Letting the burning sensation slowly go down his throat.

Owen turned his head when he heard sniffling coming from beside him. He knew that Mason had cried but not in front of him. So Owen was surprised to see tears streaming down Masons cheeks.

Owen wrapped his arm around his little brothers shoulder. Mason rested his head on Owen's shoulder. This was an unusual comfort for them both but it was needed. They both just needed to cry before they had to act stronger for their younger siblings.

Later that Morning...

The house was quiet, everyone was grieving except for Cameron who was oblivious. She sat on the couch munching on some cut up grapes as 'Sofia The First' played on the TV.

Noah was beside her, black circles sat under his eyes as he laid half asleep on the couch. Mason was sat in the kitchen, a cup of coffee in his hand as he stared out the window. While Owen was currently on the phone with Robert's lawyer.

When Owen got off the phone he let out a huge sigh of relief. Mason looked at him expectedly to tell him what the lawyer had just told him.

"A part of Robert's final wishes was that he didn't want a funeral. He just wanted to be buried. Everything is covered. Robert had everything covered." Owen ran a hand through his hair. As he rested his elbows on the counter placing his head in his hands.

"He knew from the start didn't he?" Mason asked.

Owen shrugged, looking up at Mason. "He had the hospital bills sorted so I'm guessing he did."

"We should tell Cameron." Mason whispered. His eyes glancing to the sitting room. Owen looked over, the clogs turned in his head. Debating if it was a good idea. "We need to Owen."

Owen's eyes drifted back to Mason. Standing back up straight. "Your right we should. I'll talk."

Mason nodded following Owen into the sitting room to see Cameron. Their heart beamed when she sent them a big smile.

Mason sat down on the couch, pulling her onto his lap. Owen sat in front of them on the coffee table. Mason turned down the sound on the TV so Owen could speak.

Sadly in Owen's work he had spoken to some children who had lost their parents something he wished he would never have to do. Not even to his siblings.

"Cam can I talk to you?" Owen asked.

Cameron directed her attention to Owen who was in front of her. Slowly nodding her head a smile still on her face.

"Robert has gone on a trip..." Owen started.

"Where? I thought he was icky?" Cameron questioned, head head tilting slightly to the side.

"He went up to the sky where Mommy is." Owen explained. He watched as Cameron's smile fell and tears pooled her eyes. Owen could feel his heart breaking.

"H-How come he gets to go to the sky and I don't?" Cameron sobbed.

Mason turned her around on his lap. Hugging her tight as she sobbed into his chest. The sound of Cameron's crying had woken up Noah. He immediately sat up looking around the sitting room to see his brothers and sister.

"Cam he is safe with Mommy. We won't be going anywhere." Owen leaned over to rub Cameron's back.

"W-When are they coming back?" Cameron turned her head to look over her shoulder at Owen.

Owen let out a sigh. "Not for a very very long time."

Cameron turned back and gripped onto Masons jumper as she sobbed. All of their hearts had broken right there in that moment.

Noah reached over beside him was Ellie. He slowly handed it to her like if she was some hostile dog about to bite his hand off at any moment.

Cameron snatched the teddy out of his hand. Snuggling it tight as she cried. The crying soon turned into sniffles. The boys just watched her calm down.

Mason ran has hand through her hair. Making her slowly fall asleep.

Mason knew it wasn't just about how she wouldn't see Robert anymore. It was about how she couldn't join them.

4 Days later,
Robert's burial...

There was no funeral for Robert due to his requests. Owen had found out that Robert didn't have that many belongings. So anything he did have was put in a storage unit.

The three boys stood in front of his grave in black suits. While Cameron was wearing a black dress. Mason held an umbrella, as it wasn't a nice day like the past four days. Constantly raining, probably matching the sorrow of the now parentless children.

Since there wasn't anyone coming to the grave. The boys bought their own bouquet flowers to put on the grave. While Cameron had hand picked some daisys from the back garden to put on the grave and she also picked out a balloon for him.

Cameron stared at the grave in front of her. She was confused to why Robert got his own fancy rock with his name on it and why they were putting flowers at it. "Why does Robert have a fancy rock? Can I have one too?" Cameron looked up at Owen who was holding her hand.

Noah bit his tongue to stop himself from laughing. It wasn't the time but Cameron's innocences was too funny to him.

Masons eyes also darted down to the confused Cameron.

"They are put their for the people who have gone up to the sky." Owen explained.

Cameron's eyebrows scrunched up even more as she looked around the graveyard. "How come they all get to go up to the sky but I don't?"

Noah couldn't help it, he nearly chocked on his laugh. Letting some of it slip out. Mason was also trying not to laugh as well.

"Honey your way. Way. Way. Too young to vist the sky. When your in your thousands maybe?" Owen sent the six year a small smile. But it didn't help Cameron's small little pout.

Masons eyes went wide as he remembered something. How could he forget this? "Maybe Cameron one day we can see Mommys?"

Camerons eyes lit up. "She has a fancy stone?"

Owen and Mason shared a look they actually weren't sure if she had a grave. Or If there was even a funeral for her. They never even checked. "I think so." Mason replied.

"We have to vist and bring her flowers, make her stone all pretty like Daddy's. " Cameron smiled.

Owen nodded his head agreement. "We will do just that." Owen smiled.

The rain started to get heavier so they decided to leave. Stopping at a Macdonald's drive thru. Something Robert use to do with the boys when they were younger and upset as he used as an excuse. Even though Margaret knew he just wanted Macdonald's himself.

There we go Chapter 55...

I hope you liked this chapter. Honestly I didn't know how to write about grief because personally I'm lucky to have never experienced it. But I tried my best.

Okay so I need to know has there been any plot holes in the story that I need to fill?? If there is please let me know.

Any suggestions??
Any theories??
Any questions??

Thank you for reading. Don't forget to vote and comment....

(Edited)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

176K 3.1K 41
✾- Olivia was a 3 Year Old when she was Kidnapped by her abusive mother Olivia is not the sweet and kind girl she was before... What happens when sh...
172K 4K 41
[sequel coming soon on 1st April 2023] "you are not our sister so stay away from us!" "b-but" "STAY AWAY BEFORE I LOSE MY CONTROL"
875K 25.7K 42
Athena is trying to adjust in her newfound freedom but she is forcefully ripped away from it. But sometimes bad things happen for better!
1.5M 38.8K 60
[[COMPLETED]] [[UNEDITED]] Samantha Lydia Stones is a 15 year old girl with not just one but four overprotective brothers. Add two of her adopted bro...