Almost

By MyMushroomSelf1

When Avery is taken away from her father after years of abuse shes put with the Dalys. With 6 new older broth... More

^ O N E ^
^ T W O ^
^ T H R E E ^
° F O U R °
° F I V E °
° S I X °
< S E V E N >
< E I G H T >
< N I N E >
¬ T E N ¬
¬ E L E V E N ¬
¬ T W E L V E ¬
* T H I R T E E N *
* F O U R T E E N *
* F I F T E E N *
¦ S I X T E E N ¦
¦ S E V E N T E E N ¦
¦ E I G H T E E N ¦
× N I N E T E E N ×
× T W E N T Y ×
× T W E N T Y - O N E ×
> T W E N T Y - T W O <
> T W E N T Y - T H R E E <
> T W E N T Y - F O U R <
~ T W E N T Y - F I V E ~
~ T W E N T Y - S I X ~
~ T W E N T Y - S E V E N ~
§ T W E N T Y - E I G H T §
§ T W E N T Y - N I N E §
§ T H I R T Y §
¶ T H I R T Y - O N E ¶
¶ T H I R T Y - T W O ¶
¶ T H I R T Y - T H R E E ¶
¡ T H I R T Y - F O U R ¡
! T H I R T Y - F I V E !
! T H I R T Y - S I X !
+ T H I R T Y - S E V E N +
+ T H I R T Y - E I G H T +
+ T H I R T Y - N I N E +
. F O U R T Y .
. F O U R T Y - O N E .
. F O U R T Y - T W O .
_ F O U R T Y - T H R E E _
_ F O U R T Y - F O U R _
_ F O U R T Y - F I V E _
: F O R T Y - S I X :
: F O R T Y - S E V E N :
- F O R T Y - N I N E -
- F I F T Y -
- F I F T Y - O N E -
. F I F T Y - T W O .
_ F I F T Y - T H R E E _
_ F I F T Y - F O U R _
_ F I F T Y - F I V E _
| F I F T Y - S I X |
| F I F T Y - S E V E N |
| F I F T Y - E I G H T |
/ F I F T Y - N I N E \
/ S I X T Y \
/ S I X T Y - O N E \
= S I X T Y - T W O =
= S I X T Y - T H R E E =
= S I X T Y - F O U R =
; S I X T Y - F I V E ;

: F O R T Y - E I G H T :

12.2K 362 169
By MyMushroomSelf1

((Alessandro's outfit^^))

"Damn that was good." Benji says leaning back against his chair patting his full stomach.

We were all finished eating and were now waiting on our dessert. I was also full since they served their food in large amounts but I always had space for dessert. I decided on getting a waffle with two scoops of mint chocolate chip ice-cream, my all time favourite. 

"Well of course you are, you ate like a pig." Alex says laughing and Benji punches him lightly on the shoulder. 

"Hey! You're the one that's a pig!" Benji retorts lamely and I laugh at them and they turn to me.

"I'll never get used to that." Will says with a smile and I shrug.

He was right. It was weird as Benji said 'knowing how to show human emotions'. I'm sure if I kept at it my cheeks would be sore from smiling and laughing so much. A few minutes of chattering later and our dessert comes and we all dig in enjoying it. 

Just then Sheila gets a call and she takes out her phone to answer. 

"Didn't you say no phones at the table?" Jesse says teasing his mother with a loving smile and I felt a pang of jealousy.

She laughs lightly returning the loving look to her son. "It may be important."

And she answers the call.

"Hello Sheila Daly speaking... This is- Oh.. I understand. Give me two minutes." Her eyes widen as she speaks on the phone and her eyes look at me nervously.

She excuses herself and gets up from the table with her phone held to her ear and we look at her retreating steps. 

"Probably some model came down with something last minute." Mike says reassuringly and we nod continuing to eat. 

She comes back almost ten minutes later and sits down quietly, eating her food. She keeps glancing at me and very time my eyes reach hers she smiles at me but it doesn't quite reach her eyes, then turns away. 

"Mom, are you sure you're alright?" Eli asks looking at his mom with soft eyes.

"Yes everything's ok. Its just- We'll speak when we get home." She smiles tightly and I know she's lying. 

"It cant be that bad. I'm sure we can find another model in time for the next show." Mike says.

"Its not about the models actually, their all good. Its about Avery actually." She says and I look up from my plate meeting her eyes with a small smile to ease her.

"What is it?" I ask using my spoon to scoop up a bit of the ice cream and bring it to my lips.

"Its the prison. Your father... he's ready for visitors." My spoon freezes in mid air and my smile drops from my face. 

"Oh." Is all I say as she continues looking at me trying decipher my reaction.

I didn't know how to feel. Some people would be happy to be able to see the last bit of family they had, but me, I wasn't so sure I felt happy. I was anything but. Its been months since I last saw him and who's to say he hasn't changed at all. 

"They said he wants to see you, that he's been on his best behaviour and is now allowed to have visitors. Would you.. perhaps like to see him?" She asks hesitantly.

"I... I..." I stutter and suddenly its like everything that's been going so well starts to crash down. 

It happens in a blur and I cant hear anything but my rushed breathing and my rushing heart that feels like its about to beat its way out of my chest. All their mouths are moving but I cant hear a word that come out of them and I'm suddenly dropping my spoon and pushing back my chair so harshly it falls back. I grab my bag and seconds later I'm out the restaurant door running down the street. 

I take out my phone with shaky hands and start typing.

Me:

Actually, how about I retake you up on that offer. 

Alessandro: 

Yeah, sure. Like right now? Why?

Me:

Yes right now I just.. I just wanna be somewhere else.

Alessandro:

Ok lets meet up..

I type up the place Alessandro wants us to meet at into the gps on my phone and I walk quickly to get there. I receive many phone calls from the Daly's but I decline every single one of them. 

Alessandro's POV:

I look up from my phone and put it into my pocket. "That's all, you can leave."

I watch everyone leave the meeting room and go back to their stations before leaving the room and going to my office and taking my coat. I slip it on over my my black hooded sweater. 

Avery had texted me just hours after I had texted her and her sudden change of mind without a reason made me suspicious of why she suddenly wanted to hang. If any of those stupid brothers had put her up to this I was going to make sure I killed them all. To be safe, I slipped a gun into the waistband of my black jeans before leaving. It was better to be safe than sorry. 

Leaving The Vault I head to the location I told Avery to meet me at. It was just at a small store a bit away from the place I was planning to bring her to, a small clearing near The Vault I was always went to, to clear my mind and something told me she needed just that if she wasn't here to carry out some ridiculous plan for her brothers.

As I edge nearer I see her. Her back is facing me and she's crouched down into a small ball hugging her legs. Her hand wipes across her face a few times as she looks down at the bright screen of her phone. 

"Avery." I call out as I near but she doesn't hear me. 

I walk closer to her until I'm almost standing directly behind her. "Avery?"

She sniffles before standing up and turning to face me. Her eyes are wide and shining with tears that streak down her face causing her make-up to run. She wipes her face with the back of hands but the tears keep coming and she chuckles bitterly. "Sorry. I.."

I stare at her not knowing what to do. Normally when a girl cried in front of me they'd be screaming, shouting and trying to throw things at me while I just told them to get lost. They'd continue shouting at me for leading them on. Yet here Avery was doing none of that, just crying in silence.

Before I know it I find myself pulling her head to my chest and cradling her body in my arms wanting to comfort her instead of pushing away. I wrap an arm around her waist while my other buries itself in her hair and her arms wrap around me with the same pressure. I feel her quick heartbeat against my stomach and I'm sure she can hear mine beating rapidly at the same pace. We stay like this for a few minutes. Just us hugging each other under the street lamps while she cried quietly. 

"I'm sorry. Its just... family stuff." She says pulling away apologetically and wiping her tear streaked face. 

"Don't worry about it. I understand." I did understand in more ways than one. 

Immediately missing her warmth I stuff my hands in pockets. I look down at her to see her also looking up at me and I gulp turning away from her suddenly feeling jittery under her gaze. "Lets go."

I start walking back as though I'm going to The Vault but I'm not. A path going in the opposite direction. I don't turn around to see if she was following as I could hear the sound of her light steps. We walk like this silently in the dark woods that I knew so well. I turn slightly just in time to see her trip on a rock.

I go forward catching her as she stumbles into me and she holds my arms while I help her balance herself. "You good?"

"Yeah, sorry." She says and I smile stiffly avoiding her eyes and turning around again.

This time as we continue our walk I make sure to look back every few minutes. Soon enough we get to where I wanted us to be. I sigh contentedly looking up at the dark night sky, breathing in the fresh air catching a whiff of the pine trees. I look at Avery who seems taken aback by the view and I smirk slightly. 

We stood in front of a large lake that glistened silver from the moonlight. Small ripples came from the surface and made a soothing whooshing sounds along with the sounds of grasshoppers. Whenever I wanted peace and quiet from everyone and everything I always came here and it worked like a charm every single time.

"Woah." Avery breathed beside me and I chuckled lightly.

"Its beautiful, isn't it?" I ask glancing at her.

She nods her head enthusiastically. "How did you find this?" 

"Before I found this place I used to go on walks through the forest and stumbled across it." I say shrugging my shoulders. 

Avery doesn't reply and instead drops to the floor leaning back on her arms and crossing her legs. Her head is tilted up to the sky with her eyes closed and her lips in a small smile. The moon casts a light on her face and I cant help but stare. Her dark wavy hair cascades down her back almost touching the grass on the ground and her dark lashes curl upwards making them look long. 

I turn away my jaw ticking angrily and I shake my head quickly messing up my hair. I reach into an inside pocket and taking out a cigarette wanting to relax my nerves or whatever the hell it was that I was feeling in the moment. I bring it to my lips and light it. Inhaling deeply I take in the smoke into my lungs before releasing it with a long breath. 

"Mind if I have one?" I turn back to Avery and my brows knit together.

"I didn't know you smoked." I say but I give her one anyways and hand her the lighter too.

"There are a lot of things you don't know." She says and I smirk knowingly.

I look at her as she holds the cigar between her lips before cupping her fingers around the end and lighting it. Once its lit she tosses the lighter back to me and I catch it swiftly and put it in my pocket.

She takes a puff and blows out smoke and I find myself watching the movement of her lips, licking my own. Her lips are plump, pink and shiny with lip-gloss. They form a small circle as she blows the smoke again I sigh frustrated tearing my eyes away from her before taking another long drag. 

Avery looks at me with a raised brow. "You alright?" 

"I'm fine." I dismiss.

Slowly I sit down next to her on the grass looking out at the lake. From the corner of my eye I see her look at me but I keep my gaze forward. We smoke in silence just enjoying each others company and I feel more relaxed.

"Camryn told me." She says and I look at her with an oblivious look.

There were a lot of things Camryn could have told her. "Like..?" 

She doesn't buy it and scoffs amused. "About what happened in England and how he got into juvie."

"Oh." 

"Oh?" She questions.

"Well what do you want me to say?" I ask her.

" I don't know. You don't seem like the type of person that would, I don't know? Start a gang? Be friends with the Daly's? Or get disowned."

The last part catches me off guard and I scowl angrily. "He told you that?" 

My voice comes out icier than I intended and I see her swallow and look at me wearily. "He did."

I stand up stubbing out my cigarette and see her scramble up to her feet as well. Gavins had no right blabbing my messed up family life to her and I was angry. He along with- with  Marques were the only ones that knew about that. I knew he didn't owe me any loyalty especially because of the way I treated him and what I did before but I had hoped that even a sliver of the good times of our friendship that remained would keep him from saying anything. 

"I'm dropping you home." I say walking back into the trees of the forest.

"Look I didn't mean to-" 

"Shut up." I snap harshly. 

It slips out before I can catch myself and I pause in my steps momentarily before continuing. I didn't mean it but as always that side of me that caused everyone important to me to leave me was brought to the surface and I was too prideful to take it back. Avery doesn't say anything after that and the ride to her house was painfully silent. 

When I stop in front of her house she doesn't get out and just sits there and I look at her pointedly waiting for her to leave but she doesn't seem to get the message.

"You leaving or am I gonna have to wait all night?" I snap again before she looks at me with wide eyes.

"Thanks." She says as she gets out of the car. 

I clench my jaw not answering and when she realises she isn't going to get an answer back she shuts the car door as I stomp on the gas and speed off before the door is even properly closed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys hope ye like this chapter. Like this on was wayyyyyyy longer than the other ones in a while, I got a bit carried away lol. Also guys I'd just like to pray for all of those who will be single, just as myself, on Valentines day. May our souls rip. *wipes away a tear*

Slater broooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooos

Vote|Comment|Share|Follow

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Runners By Lbooks01

Teen Fiction

2.7K 8 32
They balance each-other out. One the calm, the other the storm. Except when they don't. Except when she loses it and makes the place burn...literally...
6.2M 183K 76
Being thrown away in the garbage in a dark alleyway in London when she was only a baby, she should have died that day... But she didn't.. instead, a...
166K 6.1K 41
Book 2 (sequel to UNFORGOTTEN) "I know you are in a safe place, but god I miss you..." I started, my voice cracking. "I miss you so much." ----- One...
262K 5.8K 54
In a world where voices are all, a girl without one hides in the shadow. Fearful of her future and hunted by more demons than she can remember, Nadia...