❦𝕃𝕠𝕤𝕥 𝔾𝕚𝕣𝕝 - ℝ𝕖𝕒𝕕�...

By Maiya_Dragneel

𝘾𝙖𝙜𝙚𝙙 - 𝘽𝙤𝙤𝙠 2 𝙏𝙖𝙠𝙚𝙣 𝙖𝙬𝙖𝙮 𝙛𝙧𝙤𝙢 𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙛𝙖𝙢𝙞𝙡𝙮 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙝𝙤𝙢𝙚, (𝙔/𝙣) 𝙂𝙧𝙖𝙘𝙚�... More

«Note»
«Prologue»
«1 - The Beginning»
«2 - Moon Demon Company»
«3 - Cursed Gear»
«5 - Mikaela Hyakuya»
«6 - Contracts and Demons»
«7 - Hikari»
«8 - Mitsuba Sangu»
«9 - Despicable Humans»
«10 - A Noble Encounter»
«11 - Shinjuku»
«12 - Dangerous Drugs»
«13 - An Impossible Reunion»
«14 - Sinners»
«15 - I'll Save You»
«16 - Invite»
«17 - Nightmare Interview»
«18 - Family»
«19 - Possession and Manifestation»
«20 - Taming a Demon»
«21 - Intentions»
«22 - Krul's Sin»
«23 - The Truth»
«24 - Battle Preparation»
«25 - Punishment»
«26 - No Longer Human»
«27 - Nagoya»
«28 - The Thirteenth Progenitor»
«29 - Hostages»
«30 - I'm On My Way»

«4 - An Unlikely Pair»

311 15 11
By Maiya_Dragneel

A/N: Hey hey! Finally introducing pink-haired Tsukishima I'm so glad I can finally put all these funny parts with (Y/n) and Kimizuki!

__ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __

As I stroll down the school hallway to pick up a few things from my locker, a tall guy with blonde hair and glasses knocks into me.

I turn to meet him, but he only tries to disappears down the hall.
"Oi! Aren't you going to apologise?" I growl, chasing after him.

"Oh, sorry. Didn't see you down there." He snickers.
"Oho! I'll show you some manners, smartass!"

«•»

"Geez, that dude was a jerk. Glad I taught him a damn lesson..." I mumble while I wait for Yuu.

I touch my cheek as it stings from a punch that caught me off guard.

I look around to see Yuu and Yoichi coming into view. As I'm about to wave them over, I take a look at Yuu's face to see bruises.

"Just. Great." I sigh.
As soon as Yuu sees me, he tries to run away, but I walk over and grab him by the hair.

"Oi! What's with your face?!" I ask.
"Ow! What about yours!" He responds, tapping my cheek.

"...If you don't tell Shinoa, I'll cover for you." I grin, bringing him closer.

By the time we get back, there'll be no sign of bruises.

We get back to the building with a sign hanging over and the words saying,

Moon Demon Company Barracks

"So, are you gonna tell me who did it?" I ask Yuu, as we walk in.
"A telephone pole with nasty, squinty eyes."

At that, I roll my eyes and continue walking until reaching a grand door. I look down the dark hallway way to see a small figure approaching.

"Morning, Shinoa." I greet.
"Good morning, (Y/n)." Shinoa greets back.

Yuu and Yoichi look over as Shinoa says,
"You're late."
"Huh? Oh, hey, Shinoa." Yuu greets.

"Oh my. Look at your face. So you'd like to be suspended again, hmm?" Shinoa enquires.
"I didn't get into a fight! Nope, not me!"

"Ahahah, alright, alright. Anyway, the day has finally arrived." Shinoa smiles.

My grin reaches widely and my eyes light up with excitement.

"Yeah! It's finally here! Today we finally start training classes... for the Moon Demon Company!" Yoichi says it all, reading my mind.

"I don't need training. Just put me on the front lines already." Yuu complains, "Ow!"

"Quit being a sourpuss and go through these classes! What will I ever do with you..." I sigh after slapping Yuu on the head.

"It's fine, (Y/n). As you wish, Yuu, go to the frontlines, but as you won't attend training, you won't receive a uniform or weapon. Feel free to go straight to the battlefield." Shinoa smirks.

"That'd leave me practically naked!!"
"Well, you wanted to go to the frontlines that bad, so..." I reply.
"Yeah, yeah."

"Come on. Let's go. I'll show you where the classroom is."

Shinoa opens the entrance to the training facility where the classes are being held and we head inside to make our way to class.

"Oh boy. Oh geez. Now I'm really starting to get nervous." Yoichi mumbles.
"What for? This is training, so you don't have to be the best as soon as you arrive, like us." I say.

"Well, we're going to the training class for the Moon Demon Company! Only the most talented people in the whole army get to be apart of that class!"

"But that means we're one of the most talented, don't you think?"
"Yeah, but, not that, we're transferring in the middle of a semester. M-maybe they won't like us. Maybe I'll get bullied again..." Yoichi worries, while I look over to Yuu.

Wow, he finally admitted he's been bullied. Took you long enough. I'll protect you anyway, Yoichi.

"What, are you only here to make friends?" Yuu starts.
"Well, uh..."
"Then don't worry about it."
"But..."

"Ugh, enough! If anybody tries anything, I'll protect you. So quit your wining already!"

Mental face palm... but, good job, Yuu...

"What...? Yuuichiro... you'd do that for me...?" Yoichi confirms.

"Damn straight! Count me in too! We'll deck them all the first chance we get..." I laugh, maniacally.
"... And we'll let 'em know how strong we are!" Yuu adds, wearing an evil grin.

"C'mon, Yoichi!" I shout to him.
"Let's get this lame training stuff over with, so we can kill vampires!" Yuu grins as we walk ahead, reaching the classroom.

Shinoa opens the door and says,
"Excuse us!"

Yuu walks in first with his hands in his pockets and scanning the room, likely looking for 'competition'.

Yoichi follows in behind, swear dropping at the number of pupils.

Saving the best for last, I stroll in with my arms folded loosely, and a straight face.

I look around the room to see an almost full class and incomprehensible competition. They don't even seem like threats.

"I brought them as you asked, Lt. Colonel Guren." Shinoa says with her hands behind her back and a straight posture.

"Oh? Good." Guren replies, standing by the desk with his full uniform, including that sword.

"Okay, listen up. The reason that I, your homeroom teacher, decided to grace you all with my presence today... is because we have three transfer students." Guren says, somehow wearing a straight face.

"You know... Homeroom teachers typically attend their classes everyday." I say, rolling my eyes.
"You shut up."

I sigh, as Guren continues,
"Anyway, here they are. Yuuichiro Hyakuya, Yoichi Saotome and (Y/n) Gracefield. They're the idiot, the crybaby and the sarcastic smartass, respectively. As of today, they're joining your class."

"...Did you just call me a smart ass? Wow, someone's capable of giving compliments." I grin.
"Who are you calling an idiot?!"
"C-crybaby... I'm the crybaby..."

They complain as I laugh.
"It's true, ain't it? Now introduce yourselves, or whatever."

"No thanks."
"I swear to God... Yuu, if you start anything. I'm sending you to Pluto." I facepalm.

"H-huh?! Well, I'm not here to make friends." Yuu carries on.

Guren only looks at Yuu, surprised. I don't know why. He should've expected this.

"What?! Um, Yuuichiro? Uh... Yuuichiro?" Yoichi calls as Yuu walks over to the chalkboard.

He slams his fist on the board and turns to the class.
"Just so were clear... I don't plan on getting buddy-buddy with any of you!" Yuu yells.

I walk over to him, watching him scoot away a little. He walks forward and points back at Guren.

"I mean, this class isn't 'training'... so much as it is a way of weeding out who's unworthy... of making a contract with one of those things. The cursed gear he's got at his waist."

"Yuu, forget Pluto. I'll send you to godamn UY Scuti...!"

"Let me tell you something right now. I don't know what you losers have been studying... but everything you've done is totally pointless! The one who's going to get the best weapon is me, understand? That's all!" Yuu yells, now pointing at the students.

Suddenly and thankfully, Guren kicks Yuu and as I stand opposite to him, I hit Yuu, making him hit the ground,

"It is not!!" Guren scolds.
"Idiot Yuu! Get along with other people for once!!" I yell at Yuu while he runs away from me.

"Did you learn nothing at all in the regular classes? I told you there's no place for anyone who isn't a team player! You tapioca-for-brain idiot virgin!"

I start laughing at the insult as Guren continues to lecture Yuu.

"What does that last one have to do anything with anything?!"

I stop laughing after being kicked from behind and landing on the ground.

"Quit laughing, smartass." Guren growls.
"Oi!! I'm so done!" I yell, before running at Guren.

Of course, Guren beats me as per usual.

The students start whispering at the sight of the scene.

"Are they crazy? They're picking a fight with Lt. Colonel!"

"Haven't they heard that Lt. Colonel Ichinose took Shinjuku back from the vampires with just one team? He's a monster."

"Why does this class get so many troublemakers?"

"Kimizuki's scary enough!"

"What would happen if they met him...?"

"Dumbass!!" I yell after throwing Yuu on the ground.
"Ungh! Why'd you throw me?!"

"Don't just throw the idiot around when you run out of ideas!!" Guren yells, stepping on Yuu and I.
"But it was fun." I respond.

"That's enough. Sit down, fool." Guren sighs.
"We need a seat." I stare blankly at the students.

"Oh, uh... There, idiot." Guren points to a chair in front of a sleeping student.

They have a book over their face and their legs on the chair Guren pointed at.

"That's right in front of Kimizuki!!"

"Why'd it have to be in front of him?!"

"Better stay clear of them or it'll be trouble."

"Damn it! No fair, that smug bastard is so strong." Yuu grumbles, ignoring the whispers.

"Oi, smartass. Sit over... there." Guren directs me to sit in front of a student with headphones on and their face, flat on the table.

His notebook is full of detailed notes and diagrams.

He seems smart enough. I guess I'll play nice.

I walk over to my seat and sit down. When I turn to Yuu, I see him causing more trouble.

This is going to be a long day...

"...Hey, you. That's my seat now. Don't put your feet on it." Yuu says in a calm yell.

Kimizuki ignore Yuu, only escalating the situation.

"Hey! Are you even listening?"
"Mn...? What are you bitching about? Is it lunch already?" Kimizuki moves the book off his face and stares at Yuu in silence.

"..."

"You!! The telephone pole form this morning!! Why are you here?!" Yuu panics.
"Me?! Why are you- Wait, who are you calling a 'telephone pole'?!"

The start arguing as I swear under my breath.
I watch as Guren and Shinoa talk among themselves while they watch Kimizuki and Yuu fight.

I look closely at Kimizuki. He has peachy pink hair and hazel brown eyes with glasses to cover his face. He's wearing the boys uniform for the school and his skin is a light tone.

(Shiho Kimizuki)

I can't believe I didn't realise this, but he looks a lot like the jerk I ran into this morning. Makes me hate his face. Oh well, I'm glad I won't be seeing him again.

As Guren finally gets fed up of Yuu and Kimizuki's fighting, he moves to them and kicks the two in the face, knocking them down unconscious.

"Knock it off!!"

Yoichi, worried, runs to Yuu and tries to wake him up.
"Yoichi, forget it. We'll finally have some peace now. Enjoy it while it lasts, would you?" I advise, leaning back in my chair.

"The smartass is right. Leave 'em. Right then, the cursed gear aptitude test is coming up in a week." Guren starts the class.

"Woah, the bastard can actually teach a class." I laugh under my breath although, I'm glad he didn't hear that. I would end up like Yuu...

"It's been a while, but I guess I'd better teach you guys something, eh?"

The class stars muttering again.
"This sucks!"

"Now we've got another delinquent!"

"This class is the worst...!"

As the class goes on I look behind me to see the person who was asleep, now wide awake. And boy, I was not expecting such a horrible turn of events...!

"Oh God, what the hell are you doing here, blonde bastard?!" I whisper-yell.

He only smirks, pushing up his glasses.

"I'll make you apologise for knocking into me. I'm the type to hold grudges." I grin.

"For someone so small, you sure have some attitude." The blondey counters.

I suddenly have a lot of free time. Time for some sweet, sweet revenge.

Next Day

"Okay, everyone! Starting today, we will be running practise tests to assess your abilities... in preparations for next week's cursed gear aptitude test."

We stand in a training hall with a lower and higher platform. All the students stand on the lower platform while the teacher stands on the higher platform.

She has straight, ginger hair tied with a braid crown going around her head and parted with a small amount on the left and a majority on the right, reaching a longer length, slightly past her shoulders.

She fixes her Moon Demon Company uniform and writes down something on her clipboard, most likely used to assess each student.

"Remember, if you don't do well in these, you won't be able to take the real test. Do your best!" The teacher cheers.

I stand by Yuu as he glances over to Kimizuki. I look over to Shinoa to see her making a mischievous face.

Ooh, this won't end well.

"D-do you think we'll do okay?" Yoichi asks.
"What's it matter? The best weapon will be mine and that's that." Yuu replies, his face lighting up with a straight mouth.

"Ahaha, you're still going on about that?" Shinoa giggles.

"Don't worry, Yoichi. You'll do really well!" I encourage, giving a thumbs up.

"Today's practise test will be done in pairs. It's training for working in them." As she says that, I can't help but snicker, knowing what Shinoa was thinking of now.

"You must fight together to defeat the battle dolls I send out. The quicker you beat them, the more points you'll receive."

Alright. I can partner with Shinoa and get Yoichi to partner with someone else. This'll be funny.

"Okay, everyone. Partner up! Once you find someone, come to the front."

I turn to Shinoa, but before I can ask her to be my partner.
"Huh? Partners? But I don't really know anybody. Hey,
(Y/n)-"

"Nope. You should've calmed down yesterday. You got beat up by Guren and no one wants to work with a 'delinquent'." I lecture.

"H-huh? Hey, you-" Yuu tries to Shinoa, but she turns to the both of us and smirks.

"Yoichi! Be partners with me!"
"H-huh? Oh, sure."

"That's just cruel, Shinoa..." I mumble, watching the two walk off.
"Wait a sec... Guys!!"

S-She did not... Black holes suddenly seem extremely fun.

Partner, partner, partner. Who will be my partner. I've gotta teach Yuu a lesson, but right now, my pride is at stake. Ooh, how I wish I was social.

I turn around to see everyone paired, including Yuu. He's with Kimizuki. They don't look very happy about it, though...

I'm sure he'd do anything to be with me, but the teacher has already put the handcuffs on them. Those handcuffs don't come off unless a certain objective is completed.

I look further to see... Blonde Bastard... Great, just great.

"Hey, Blondie. We're pairing up, unfortunately. Don't hold me back, got it?" I sigh, as the teacher throws the handcuffs on.

"It looks like you've all found a partner. Now, make sure all your handcuffs are on... And cooperate with each other to defeat the battle dolls. Oh, and by the way, those handcuffs are set to stay until you've beaten a doll."

"Huh?" The entire room goes silent.
"Ready? Good luck!"

One doll. Seems easy enough.

"Alright, how well can you fight?" I ask.
"..."

"If you want to pass this test, I suggest you 'cooperate'. We're striving for the same goal here." I sigh.
"Fine. It's average. I specialise my ability in defence." He answer.

"Good. We're getting somewhere. I specialise in attack. I'm above average." I smirk, but Blondie only rolls his eyes.

"Let's go to that doll. It's closest to us." I say, walking towards it.

"YEOWCH!!"

"What... was that?" I mutter, looking to the source to see Yuu and Kimizuki has been beaten. I mentally face palm before turning to the doll.

Before I can throw the first punch, the dolls stop and I look to see the teacher talking to a man in the same Demon Company uniform.

What's going on...?

"Kimizuki, come to the infirmary right away! Your sister... Mirai Kimizuki is in critical condition!" The man announces.

My eyes widen. His... sister...?

"Huh? You have a sister?" Yuu asks. Kimizuki clenches his fists and replies,
"Shut up. Forget about it. Concentrate on what's in front of us. We have to break those dolls..."

My blood starts boiling as I try to head their way, but the handcuffs stop me.

Blondie pulls be back to him, but I push away and break the handcuff.

"I'll be back later. No way am I letting this slide." I say to him before turning away.
"You're being selfish here... but since you broke the chain... there's not much we can do."

I smile,
"Thank you."

I stomp over to the pair and slap Kimizuki.
"What matters right now is your sister! You're here for her, right? Well, if she dies, it's over! There'll be no point in coming here! Go to her before you lose her forever!"

He clenches his jaw and faces me,
"I have to get good grades here! I need the points! So do the both of you! Screw up now and you'll never get into the Moon Demon Company!"

This time, Yuu punches Kimizuki in the face, watching his glasses fall to the floor.

"Are you stupid?! Who cares about points?! This is family we're talking about! If they die, then..."

The image of Mika and Emma appear in my head...

"...They'll be gone for good. You'll never see them again. So leave now and see your sister...!" I say for one more attempt.

Third Person

Gangle.

The sound of Yuu and Kimizuki's chain overpower the sound of their footsteps as they talk.

"Well, good to hear she pulled through. Still surprised that a no-good, squinty-eyed telephone pole like you was asking all this for your sister. You should've told me that sooner." Yuu starts.

They continue to walk before Yuu talks back to Kimizuki to say something else.

"Oh, don't expect me to let you have the strongest weapon though-"

"This is your fault. Because of you, my grades dropped. I won't get into the Demon Company now. And without that... there's no saving my sister." Kimizuki argues.

"...What are you saying? Don't give up on your sister like that!"

Kimizuki sweat drops, looking at the determination in Yuu's eyes.

"So what if your grades dropped? You think that's going to doom your sister? Is that a joke? Me, I get what I want, no matter what. If it comes down to it, the Moon Demon Company doesn't matter at all! But you'd give up on your sister just like that? If I ever did that to (Y/n), she'd send me into a butterfly galaxy if she wanted."

"Who said anything about giving up?! Dammit, what the hell's going on here?! You're the reason my grades dropped, but..." Kimizuki looks down to think for a moment.

"But... you're right."
"Huh?"

"I'll say it, but just this once! I'm thankful. I was able to be there for my sister when it counted. And, uh, I'm sorry your grades dropped so that I could do it." Kimizuki apologises to and thanks Yuu.

"I was always in a different league from you anyway. The only person who's grading me that counts, is me." Yuu grins.

"...Ha! You're such a pain, you know that?"

The two walk off as day becomes night and worries fly away.

(3329 Words)

A/N: Hey Hey, Readers! I was wondering, totally for the sake of market research, what font you guys read in?

I'm asking this just so I can see how you see this and totally not because I changed mine for a bit and forgot which one I used before ^^;

Yeah... totally. Hahaha... hahah... ha... h.

Bye-

Anyway,  make sure to stay healthy! Drink water, sleep a lot and eat three meals a day! Thank you and see you guys next week!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28K 965 9
___________________________ .⋆ ۪ 𖥔 ˑ 𝗢𝗡𝗖𝗘 𝗨𝗣𝗢𝗡 𝗔 𝗗𝗥𝗘𝗔𝗠 - 𝗟𝗮𝗻𝗮 𝗗𝗲𝗹 𝗥𝗲𝘆 ;; 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒎𝒊𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒎𝒊𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒌𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕...
31.9K 1.6K 34
━ ━━━━ 「救世」────╮ ¡! ◛⑅·༘ ❝𝗜 𝘄𝗮𝗻𝘁 𝘁𝗼 𝗴𝗲𝘁 𝘁𝗼 𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄 𝗵𝗲𝗿❞ ❝𝗕𝘂𝘁 𝗜 𝗱𝗼𝗻'𝘁 𝘄𝗮𝗻𝘁 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝘁𝗼 𝗴𝗲𝘁 𝘁𝗼 𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄 𝗵𝗲𝗿❞ .ᝰ「𝘏...
36.4K 1K 25
"𝐊𝐢𝐬𝐬 𝐦𝐞." "𝐍𝐨." "𝐈'𝐥𝐥 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬. 𝐉𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐤𝐢𝐬𝐬 𝐦𝐞." "𝐈 𝐬𝐚𝐢𝐝 𝐧𝐨." "𝐏𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞. 𝐈 𝐧...
144K 4.9K 25
★~--•--~★ 𝐀 𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐤 𝐡𝐚𝐬 𝐠𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐛𝐲 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐲 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐠𝐠𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐧 𝐜𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐬. 𝐓𝐨 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐭 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐬𝐞...