The Oldest Nara: Kakashi x Re...

By lightninglaze

Shikamaru's elder sister, Y/n Nara, disappeared at age 16. As a known friend to Itachi, her whereabouts becom... More

1: The First Goodbye
2: Caught
3: Reunion
4: Team 7
5: A Big Ego
7: You Did This
8: The Next Two Years
9: Shippuden
10: Opening Up
11: The Bells
12: naming chapters is hard but im trying:(
13: Attempted Distraction
14: Aftermath
15: Friendsss
16: Lost
17: Truth Hurts
18: A Long Day
19: Falling
20: So Many Questions
21: Confessions
22: 🍋
idk
23: Bets
24: Training Days
25: Future Plans
26: Good Morning
27: best friends forever ♡
28: Breaking News
29: 🍋
30: Separate Missions
31: Zombies
32: Revenge
33: Lilac
34: Beauty & Essex

6: Awakening

23.3K 724 883
By lightninglaze

I decided to walk through the streets of Konohagakure. It had been so long since I had been here, but everything still looked the same.

"Hey, Y/n," Kakashi said as he dropped in front of me suddenly.

"Geez!" I yelled as I jumped backwards. "You scared the shit out of me! You could just walk up like a normal person..."

I rolled my eyes and continued past him.

"What else can you do with your kekkei genkai?" he asked while trailing closely behind me.

I shrugged, "Lots of stuff."

"Like?"

"Why don't you tell me what your sharingan does?" I asked in return.

"It can do a lot."

I turned to him, "Exactly."

"Your fighting style is a lot like Itachi's," he commented.

"Mm, well, I've spent a lot of time training with him," I responded mindlessly while looking at a stand of fresh fruit.

He stood next to me, "You should know that Asuma is kind of seeing someone."

I paid for an apple, and looked at him before taking a bite, "Ok?"

I really didn't know what he wanted, or why he always seemed so apathetic, but I wasn't in the mood to try and decipher it.

I strolled to another stand, looking at some paintings while enjoying my snack. I noticed Kakashi had pulled out a book to read while still following me around.

I smiled at its familiarity. "So, you like to read?" I asked.

"Mm," he said lazily.

I bit my lip softly, a little nervous at what I was about to admit, "Icha Icha books are my favorite."

He looked at me with wide eyes, "Really?..."

I nodded shyly, "But don't tell anyone! Especially not Jiraiya."

He chuckled softly.

I looked at him with a smile growing across my face, "I've never heard you laugh, Kakashi. It's cute."

"Y/n?" I heard a familiar voice call.

I shot my head around, "Zo!" I ran up and jumped on him, wrapping my arms around his neck and my legs around his waist.

He held me tightly while he spun me around once.

"I can't believe it's really you," he said as he set me down.

I looked up at him, "I missed you so much."

"I missed you too, Y/n. I'm so glad you came home."

"Hey, Tenzo," Kakashi called while walking up to us.

I had gotten to know Tenzo really well in the Anbu, especially after Itachi left.

He was the only one I ever did missions with or hung out with during those couple years before I disappeared.

We were closer in age than most people I met in the Anbu, and we always got a long really well.

"Hey, Kakashi," he smiled. "I didn't realize you two knew each other."

"Only recently."

"I'm now a teacher with Kakashi," I explained.

He laughed, "You? A teacher?"

"I can hardly believe it myself," I mumbled.

"Day off?" Kakashi asked.

"Just grabbing some supplies before my next mission, actually."

"Yea? You going alone?" I asked, curious about what I was missing in the Anbu.

He nodded, "Yep... After the attack, we've been stretched kind of thin."

I sighed, "I asked to be reassigned to the Anbu... Wish I could help."

Tenzo smiled at me softly, "I didn't know if I'd see you again."

I brought him in for one more hug, "I'm so sorry I left, Zo."

He held me, his grip soft and gentle.

"I should get going," he said as released me.

"I'll see you soon?"

He tucked a small piece of hair behind my ear, "I'll stop by as soon as I get back."

I smiled and gave him a small nod before he disappeared back into the crowd of the street.

"So, you're pretty close to Tenzo?" Kakashi asked.

"Well, we were," I looked up at him. "He helped me a lot when Itachi left. He's a good friend. Definitely too good for me."

"How have you been, you know, since Itachi left?"

I laughed softy, "You mean like over the last 5 years, or the last 2?"

His eyes squinted in confusion.

I hesitated, "Kakashi, how much do you know? Like about me and when I left and why I came back?..."

"Honestly. Not much."

I sighed. So he has no idea I went after Itachi nor how I felt about him... feel about him?

It was all so confusing and being home didn't help. I was overwhelmed seeing my family and the people I used to be so close to, everyone I let down.

"I should probably get going." I gave him a soft smile.

As I started to walk away, he called after me, "Uh, Y/n..."

I turned to him and cocked my head to the side, "Hmm?"

He looked away quickly, almost seeming flustered.

"Hey, you ok?" I grabbed his hand softly. His face was covered by that mask, so I couldn't tell what was going on. Should I be worried?

He intertwined our fingers, and held my hand a little tighter, "Y-yea, I'm fine..." He trailed off.

I smiled and looked down at our hands, feeling the flutter inside my chest starting to grow.

Y/n, you should not be doing this. In fact, adding a guy to mix, the guy you're supposed to be working with, would probably be the worst idea ever.

"Um, you hungry?" he asked. "We could grab dinner?"

I looked into his eyes, realizing for the first time just how attractive he actually was. My heart wanted to go with him, but my head screamed of a thousand different worries and fears.

I bit my lip softly, already regretting what I was about to say, "You maybe want to go later this week? I-I just need to get home..."

He nodded and quickly let go of my hand, "Oh, uh, yea. Yea, that's fine."

Yup, definitely regret that. 

"How about tomorrow?" I quickly blurted out, desperately trying to back track a bit.

"Don't worry about it, Princess. I'll see you later," he gave me a small smile and walked away.

Wait, so was that a yes? Or a no?

I exhaled loudly as he disappeared into the crowd of people.

I took my time walking home, enjoying the sunset that faded into a clear, starry night.

"Mom? Dad?" I called out as I walked into the house.

Nothing. Ok, guess no one is around.

I walked into my room, ready to finally get some sleep. My days always ended with me being so exhausted, but as I tried to settle in the memories would always come back.

Itachi and I would spend hours in my room. We played shogi, did homework, talked about the future.

He'd often sneak over in the middle of the night too. Usually after a mission or a conversation with his dad about the Uchiha clan's expectations.

He always did have the weight of the world on his shoulders.

Some nights, I'd stay awake hoping it was all just a bad dream and that he'd sneak in like nothing had ever changed.

Tonight, though, I didn't want to think about it. I was completely worn down after this week.

I walked outside and leaned up against the wooden railing of the walkway. I stared up at the moon while I lit a cigarette.

Since I'm going to be a teacher now, I really ought to quit altogether...

I heard the soft murmur of voices and saw Shikamaru and Asuma sitting together at the end of outdoor walkway, enjoying this beautiful night just like I was.

Shogi, huh? I smiled to myself and turned my attention back to the night sky, letting them have their sensei-student moment.

After a couple minutes, Shikamaru went back inside and turned out his lights.

"Hey, Y/n," Asuma called while walking over to me.

"Who won?" I asked, nodding over to where they were just playing shogi.

Asuma came and leaned against the railing next to me, "Come on, the kids like 13, give me some credit."

I laughed softly, "Yea, but he's a Nara. Plus, he takes after my dad even more than I do."

"Kid's brilliant for sure, but I can still beat him."

"That's surprising," I teased.

He scoffed playfully, "Didn't realize you smoked."

"What can I say... one of many bad decisions." I looked over at him, "You better keep Shikamaru away from these things."

He laughed, "What can I say... he wants to be like his sensei and his sister."

"Mm, just another reason to stop I guess," I smiled at him.

"I can't believe we've never met before," he stared at me while taking a long drag.

"I mean you've got some years on me."

"And does that bother you?"

I shook my head, "Not at all."

"I know you're my student's sister, but I'd really love to take you out sometime."

I turned to face him, "Mm, I think I heard you're seeing someone, isn't that right?"

He smirked, and turned to face me as well, "I was, but that's been over for a while now."

"Of course it is," I teased.

"Hey, cut me some slack, I'm not a great guy but I'd never cheat."

I smiled softly at his comment. I had just turned down Kakashi, but part of me really didn't want to turn down Asuma. I was intrigued by him for sure.

"Unless you're seeing someone?" he asked.

"Me? I've been home like a week now," I laughed softly.

"Come on, it's pretty obvious the way some of these guys look at you. I think it was a fair question to ask."

I sighed, "Yea, well, I'm definitely not seeing anyone."

"Ok, good," he smiled. "So is that a yes?"

"Now that I'm back for good, I'll be moving to my own place soon. Let's wait for that," I smiled at him.

"Damn, I was just talking about dinner, but that's cool with me too," he teased.

I rolled my eyes, "I meant so that my little brother wouldn't be here when you picked me up for dinner." I looked over at him, "Just dinner."

"Mm, well, I'll wait as long as you need me to if that means I get to take you out."

I looked over at him while biting my lip softly, taken back by his comment.

"You know, you shouldn't look at people like that?"

"Like what?" I asked as I tilted my head.

He chuckled softly while shaking his head, "You're really beautiful, that's all."

"Thanks, Asuma. You're nice to look at yourself."

He laughed heartily at my comment, "So, who told you I was dating someone?"

I shrugged, "Does it matter?"

"It might."

I furrowed my brow slightly, not understanding, but I decided it didn't really matter. "Hmm, well, either way. I'd love to go out with you."

I saw a light blush come to his cheeks as he looked away quickly.

"Well, uh, I should be heading home. I'm looking forward to our date, though."

I smiled softly, "Me too, Asuma."

"See ya soon, Y/n."

I waved before heading back inside my room. I liked that Asuma was straight forward. He wasn't great with his words, but he did his best not to hold back.

It was refreshing.

I changed into some shorts and a hoodie before laying down. I wasn't tired at all, so I picked up a book on my nightstand that I had started a couple days ago.

"Hey, my love," a voice called from the other side of the room.

I shot up quickly, my eyes wide with shock and fear.

"I-Itachi..."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

162K 5.9K 56
Y/n hyūga. Youngest sister of Hinata and Hanabi Hyūga but the strongest. Despite being only 6 years old, she was able to defeat both her sisters in h...
33.2K 1.1K 25
DISCLAIMER -> TAKE THE FANFIC LIGHTLY ! writing this after a year (?) or two. THIS IS my first fanfiction, i never post my stuff but since i wrote th...
394K 11.2K 38
Ikeri Uchiha is the daughter of Itachi Uchiha and Amiki Uchiha. She was born 4 years before the Uchiha Massacre. Her mother, Amiki died during her bi...
839 17 33
hey y'all this is my first fanfic so don't roast me but this is the story of Kyo Uchiha. i am still writing and will be updating as often as i can so...