The Oldest Nara: Kakashi x Re...

By lightninglaze

Shikamaru's elder sister, Y/n Nara, disappeared at age 16. As a known friend to Itachi, her whereabouts becom... More

1: The First Goodbye
2: Caught
3: Reunion
4: Team 7
6: Awakening
7: You Did This
8: The Next Two Years
9: Shippuden
10: Opening Up
11: The Bells
12: naming chapters is hard but im trying:(
13: Attempted Distraction
14: Aftermath
15: Friendsss
16: Lost
17: Truth Hurts
18: A Long Day
19: Falling
20: So Many Questions
21: Confessions
22: 🍋
idk
23: Bets
24: Training Days
25: Future Plans
26: Good Morning
27: best friends forever ♡
28: Breaking News
29: 🍋
30: Separate Missions
31: Zombies
32: Revenge
33: Lilac
34: Beauty & Essex

5: A Big Ego

24.6K 793 835
By lightninglaze

I slid backwards in a crouched position after deflecting Kakashi's last attack.

I stood up, my eyes never leaving his. I was starting to get really annoyed by his strikes.

I guess he's well-known for a reason... Time to start actually trying.

"Alright, Kakashi... You really want to do this?" I called out.

He gave me a small smirk.

I was wearing my usual black leggings and sandals with a tight, cropped long sleeve shirt. I had already started breaking a sweat from our sparring match as the sun beat down on us.

I wore my small, golden hoop earrings. Typically, the Nara clan only wore them as genin and chunin, but I loved them so much that I never took them off.

When I became an Anbu member, my parents got me a pair of gold ones to match my eyes. They were so excited about how proud I was to be a Nara.

I even got the Nara clan's symbol tattooed where my neck connected to my back. And, over the last 2 years of being gone, I had collected a few more tattoos as well.

I quickly took off my long sleeve and tossed it aside, leaving only my black sports bra. I threw my hair up, and felt the cool breeze hit the top of my neck.

Good, I can finally breathe...

I was used to training in as little fabric as possible because I hated the feeling of sweat-drenched clothes sticking to me.

But as I got myself ready to continue our fight, I noticed Kakashi's eyes starting to wander across my lightly glistening skin.

I was fairly tall, not super skinny and toned, but I was strong. A little more bustier and curvier than most kunoichi.

It made me insecure when I was young, but now as a woman, I embraced it fully. However, seeing Kakashi's slightly wandering gaze, I wished I had never removed my top layer.

Not to mention, my tattoos were now in plain view.

It was normal for Anbu members to get the small flame tattoo, which I had, but other than that, shinobi of the leaf hardly ever got them... And I had multiple.

I wasn't naive to how men looked at me nor that most people I met called me beautiful, but it still always caught me off guard.

I had only been with one man, Itachi. So when other guys showed me any kind of attention, I was usually a little flustered.

"You finally ready, Princess?" he called out.

I smirked. Yea, I was the next head of the Nara clan, but I hated being called Princess... You're going to regret that, Kakashi.

Time to show off a little.

I manipulated the shadows of the nearby trees, a special skill of my kekkei genkai.

I had only realized it about a year ago, but I could control the shadows of other objects as well.

I quickly wrapped them around Kakashi, squeezing him tightly and lifting him into the air.

I saw his eyes widen once he realized he was trapped.

"Come on, copy cat. Try to keep up," I called out while using the shadows to throw him up and then slam him back into the ground.

He took no time jumping back to his feet, "Looks like your kekkei genkai has gotten stronger since the Anbu."

I smirked. You have no idea.

With a new determination in his eyes, he began charging at me.

I sprinted at him in return and as he threw his first hit, I launched myself forward, cartwheeling over him.

As I landed, he quickly shot an attack in my direction.

"Fire Ball Jutsu!"

"Earth Style: Mud Wall!" I slammed my hands against the ground creating a wall to deflect his fire.

As the fire dispersed, I removed the barrier.

Ok, Kakashi. Let's see you handle this.

"Earth Release: Rising Boulders!" Suddenly, a stream of large rocks shot from the ground and hovered in front of me.

I ran forward, kicking the boulders at him one by one. They flew through the sky at a remarkable speed, but he easily dodged them, as I knew he would.

I wasn't planning on hitting him with a boulder, I was using them as a distraction to set him up for my main attack.

As I shot the last one towards him, I focused my energy, bringing my hands together in front of me, and watched the shadow of the final boulder.

When it zoomed by Kakashi, I quickly attached its shadow to Kakashi's body.

Gotcha. I smirked.

As the rock flew backwards, the shadow dragged Kakashi along with it. His eyes widened as his body was shot into the air and flailed behind the large piece of earth.

The boulder smashed into a tree, and Kakashi smashed into the tree right after it. The sound of his body smacking against the crackling wood filled the valley.

Kakashi let out a loud groan as the wind was knocked out of him.

"Oooh," I heard Asuma called as he chuckled. "That's gotta hurt."

The other teams had gathered around previously to watch our sparring. Having Shikamaru there too definitely made me step it up a notch.

I wanted him to be impressed with me, and, hopefully, proud to have me as a big sister.

Kakashi glared at me with frustration and rage as he stood back to his feet. It was pretty obvious that no one had bested him in awhile, and he was clearly pissed about it.

As he walked towards me, he began to lift up his headband, showing off his sharingan.

Oh, so he's like pissed pissed. I chuckled to myself, getting back into an attack stance.

Let's go, Kakashi. I'm not afraid of you.

He began his next series of hand signs when Jiraiya jumped down into the training fields between us.

"Hey, now. I thought the kiddos were supposed to be doing the training," he laughed as he looked at me and Kakashi, observing our dirty and sweaty selves.

Kakashi broke out of his stance, and stood tall, still staring at me.

Jiraiya walked over and put his hand on Kakashi's shoulder, "She's a lot tougher than she looks, huh?"

He quickly recovered his left eye, and walked away from Jiraiya, not saying a word.

Kakashi bumped into me slightly as he passed me, heading back over to Team 7 to start them back up at on their training.

I laughed softly, and turned to call after him, "Don't worry, Hatake. I'll tell everyone it was a tie."

He ignored me completely.

"Y/n! That was amazing! I want to be just like you when I'm older!!" Ino yelled excitedly.

I smiled at her, grateful for the appreciation, "I think you'll be much better than me, Ino."

She beamed brightly back at me.

"You guys better get back to your training now," I smiled at Asuma and his team. "Sorry, for the distraction."

"Always glad to watch Kakashi's ego get taken down a notch," Asuma smirked as Ino and Choji began to walk away.

I stared at Shikamaru as he stood in front of us, avoiding my gaze.

"What's up, Shikamaru?" I asked him.

"You were pretty good out there. I guess," he shrugged still not looking at me.

I smiled softly, waiting for him to continue.

"You still wanna train with me?" he mumbled.

I tried to keep my cool, not wanting to scare him away, but I was freaking out on the inside.

"Kinda sounds like a drag," I teased and he finally looked up at me with a soft smile on his face.

"Yea, you're tellin me," he huffed.

I sighed playfully, "I guess, kid. But you better get ready to work."

"Tch, whatever."

"Alright Mar, go join your team," I gave him a light push and watched him lazily walk off.

I looked at Asuma who was standing there with a smile. Man, he's cute.

I turned to grab my long sleeve shirt I had thrown off earlier, not wanting to keep staring at him in awe.

"Bye, Asuma," I called back in a flirty voice.

"Mm," was all he said, and I looked back to see he was definitely still staring at me as I walked away.

I shot him a quick wink before joining Team 7 again.

"Already breaking hearts, huh?" Jiraiya asked in playful voice.

I rolled my eyes, "Thought you'd be more interested in my fighting skills than in the men I attract."

"Have you even read my books?" he chuckled.

My face quickly turned red as he spoke those words.

"Y/n! Do you read my Icha Icha novels!?" he yelled loudly in excitement.

I smacked his chest with the back of my hand. "Not so fucking loud!" I hissed.

I saw Kakashi whip his head around and look at me, surprised by the news.

I groaned as Jiraiya laughed loudly, "This is so embarrassing."

"Aw, don't worry about it kid," he put his hand on my shoulder. "We all have needs."

My eyes widened in shock at his words, as my cheeks flushed a bright red all over again.

I smack his hand away. "I'm outta here," I huffed as I quickly left.

"Y/n! Team 7 isn't done training yet!" he called out in a mocking voice.

"Fuck off, Jiraiya," I called back, a blushing mess over him knowing, and announcing to the world, I like those damn sappy, porny novels.

I threw back on my long sleeve and left the training grounds.

So fucking embarrassing.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

260K 9.9K 44
This takes place a month after the fourth shinobi war. A few people were given a second chance at life, those people being the previous Hokages; Hash...
70.9K 1.7K 47
Shirazaki Y/N, childhood best friend of Uchiha Sasuke, has a complex and conflicted journey ahead. United by a strong bond since their early years, t...
19.8K 948 46
Being a Shinobi meant sacrificing, he thought he understood that. Being an orphan meant enduring hardships, she was well aware of that. When suddenl...
51K 1.1K 16
Sasuke left the village saying his last goodbyes to Y/n, To go and kill his brother Itachi. What will happen to Y/n now? How will she feel towards hi...