The Way - Jinson

By pumpkinwrites

Kpop star, actor and model - Park Jinyoung Clueless neighbour, CEO and foreigner - Jackson Wang Let's try wri... More

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.1
18.2
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
A/N
Nyoung POV 1
Nyoung POV 2
Nyoung POV 3
Nyoung POV 4
Nyoung POV 5
Nyoung POV 6

10.

745 59 18
By pumpkinwrites

I stretched when I woke, feeling more rested than ever in weeks, rubbing my eyes as I took in the different surroundings. I sat up in bed and looked around, breathing in the smell of Jinyoung.

I slipped out of bed and looked around for Jinyoung, checking the toilets even to realise he was gone. My eyes stung and I willed myself not to be upset nor disappointed, going through the motions of making his bed and taking my phone from the side table before heading back to my apartment.

I showered and dressed quickly before heading to work, checking my phone to realise it was dead then. I drove to work and left my phone charging on the table even when I went for meetings, not wanting to look at it anyway. If he's going to say goodbye then he should say it to my face at least...

~

I heard my phone buzz and ignored it, opening new projects and holding meetings just to fill up my time.

I cleared everything ridiculously quickly that day and relooked into some projects, realising that the photo shoot with the company Jinyoung is in is coming up.

I sighed and tried not to think about it, deciding to head home in the end.

~

I drove in circles around the block before heading back, reluctant to go back and bump into Jinyoung.

I lingered in the car before heading up, not wanting to look like a creep either by sitting there. I hung about and ensured that the elevator was empty before boarding, speed walking back to my apartment the moment the doors open.

"Mark?" I called, stunned by Mark sitting outside my door. His eyes were red rimmed and filled with tears the moment he saw me.

He ran and threw himself at me, my arms wrapping around his skinny frame and carrying him back to my apartment.

"You didn't answer" he hiccuped, his voice muffled by my shoulder.

"I'm sorry. I had a lot on my mind"

I placed him down outside my door and opened my apartment door, ushering him inside with a lingering look on Jinyoung's door. I heaved a sigh and shut my emotions like I do at work, keeping my face blank as I took Mark's luggage in.

I brewed some hot chocolate and settled on the sofa with Mark, he glued himself next to me on the spacious couch, his clinginess making me smile despite myself. I will never get how he is the older one.

We talked about random things as I gave him space, letting him slowly warm up again before probing him about why he was here.

He set his cup down quietly before reaching to me for a hug. I hugged him to my side and stroked his head as he started crying against my shoulder, letting it all out before mumbling softly about Bam.

"What did he do now" I sighed, sadly knowing that this day would come.

"He kissed someone" he hiccuped, swiping his tears from his eyes.

"Another guy?" I asked, fuming inside. I'm going to knock the shit out of Bam.

"Girl"

"Shit" I cursed, tugging him closer.

"He couldn't even tell me why" Mark sobbed, burying his face in my chest.

I heaved a sigh and held him, knowing that all he needed now was to cry him out.

~

Bam texted me that he couldn't find Mark, having searched his place and Mark's place. He flew to Mark's parents' place to check as well and asked if I had a clue, calling me during work as well.

"He's with me" I answered as Bam called again.

"Where?" Bam sniffed, sounding like the kid I knew.

"Where else idiot. Seoul. Come here. He's safe and I'm sorry but I've got to go" I replied, shaking my head as I hung up and rushed for a meeting.

Our Thursday and Friday past with Mark and I heading out for dinner once I came back from work, using the time for us to get out of our minds. I didn't tell Mark about Bam, not wanting him to get upset again.

I distracted Mark by bringing him from sight to sight at night in Seoul, feeling better with him beside me until the weekend where he decided to wake me up.

"That's it. Enough moping for both of us. Let's go out" Mark shouted, bouncing on the mattress next to me.

"You're the mopey one" I grumbled, covering the blanket over my head.

"Look. If he can't handle that you're rich and powerful then so be it. Forget him already. You worked your way up here" Mark shrugged, already pulling an outfit for me from my wardrobe.

My eyes darken at the thought and I turned my head away, not wanting Mark to comment any further.

"Here you go. Wear this" he smiled, his eyes still sad despite the curved lips.

"Yeah" I nodded, getting up to shower and humour him anyway.

~

"This is Lotte World Tower" I gestured, the doorman opening the door for us.

"Come on. Let's go eat" I smiled, wrapping my arm around his shoulders and tugging him along.

"Here?" He gasped, turning to look around while we waited for the elevator.

"Yes here. You wanted Korean food so I'm bringing you to a traditional Korean food restaurant"

"We don't have to go to such a fancy place..." he mumbled as I directed us to the 81st floor.

"Just. Let's" I mumbled, waving him off when the thought of Jinyoung came to mind.

~

Mark insisted we hang out after lunch and dinner, the two of us going bar hopping around Itaewon instead. We grabbed cocktails and beers at each bar before settling at one for the night, the two of us reminiscing about our past.

I called a driver when I noticed Mark becoming sleepy and finished his drink for him, the two of us finally heading home after the long day.

"I don't want to go home" Mark mumbled, leaning against the railing.

"We'll go out again tomorrow" I promised, tipping the driver before we headed up to my apartment.

"Do you think Bam cares that I'm gone?" He asked softly, his eyes incredibly sad.

"He does" I replied, staring at the flickering digits as the elevator crawled upwards.

"Come on. Let's tuck you into bed"

I showered quickly and sat in the spare bedroom, waiting for Mark to get ready. He came into the room with a small smile, still drying his hair with a towel.

"He stopped calling yesterday" Mark mumbled, crawling under the covers and turning to face me.

"I know"

Mark was quiet before he spoke up again "has he given up on us?"

"No"

"Would you tell me what he said?" Mark tried, tugging on my sleeve for me to face him.

"It's not me you need to hear anything from" I replied, tugging the blanket up to his chin. I stood and headed to the door, turning the lights off on my way.

"Good night Mark"

"Good night Seun"

Skrrt King Snake

When are you coming?

I've got one shoot tomorrow
The earliest flight is Monday...
I don't want you to arrange anything
I'm sorry enough

You two are both my friends
Explain to us then
Don't hurt Mark again...

I screwed up

I know

I'm sorry to you too

I sighed and locked my phone, not bothering to reply to Bam's texts any longer.

~

The buzzing from my phone woke me up, my hand groping for it and answering it without checking the caller ID.

"Hello?"

"Seun nim, it's Min Ji from your PR team. There was an article about you today which I have forwarded to your email"

I unlocked my iPad and checked my email, seeing the one she mentioned. The captions were "Handsome, young CEO hitting the town".

A/N: adding this here because he's incredibly good looking 😭

"Who is this?" I asked, scrolling through the article to realise the person followed us from lunch to our bar hopping.

"It's just a small news agency but the news is blowing up over the internet"

"I'll head into the office to review this. It's just this one article?"

"Yes. We would keep our eyes peeled for subsequent articles"

"Okay. Thank you" I replied, ending the call.

I checked on Mark before leaving, writing a note for him before leaving for work.

~

"I don't suppose we would be able to go out now?" Mark asked when I answered my phone.

"Yeah, sorry. I didn't expect things to blow out of proportion. They say that you're good looking as well though?" I tried, trying to cheer him up.

"Yeah. I saw" he giggled before adding "I'll order in. Come back soon"

"For sure" I replied, ending the call.

There was little damage to the company, the comments more on our looks than anything, resulting in people prying into our past and finding things about the company.

"I'll look into increasing security for now" I decided, dismissing the matter and directing the job to the security team.

We discussed increasing the security now that I was more well known, including a driver for me. I didn't like the idea of being watched and followed but I preferred someone I knew and hired than some unknown person.

The driver took my keys and drove me home, walking me up to my apartment before bowing off.

I sighed and entered my apartment, Mark waving a fried chicken drumstick at me as I looked up after taking my shoes off.

"How was the sudden work?" he asked, his cheeks full as he took a large bite.

"It's alright. Just handling the article about us and increasing security" I replied, washing my hands before sitting down next to him and digging in.

We both sipped on our beers as we sprawled out on the sofa, watching mindless tv and feeling too full.

"Oh. Someone dropped by just now" Mark said suddenly, making me sit up.

"Who?" I asked, suddenly alert as I thought of how the person took photos of Mark and I hanging out the whole day.

"Some good looking guy. He didn't say anything and looked pretty upset though" Mark shrugged, taking another swig.

"Did you see where he went?" I asked, fishing out my phone and wanting to dial the security team.

"Oh. Few doors down? I think he was a neighbour who wanted to borrow something?" Mark frowned, looking at me curiously.

"What's wrong?" he asked, sitting up now.

"No, nothing. Don't worry about it" I replied, leaning back into the sofa when the realisation hit me. Neighbour. Jinyoung?

I sat up straight again and looked at Mark "handsome guy? About this height? Floppy hair, pretty eyes?"

"I think so?"

"Shit. It's Jinyoung. Shit" I cursed, moving to stand. Mark grabbed my hand to pull me back down, a frown marring his face.

"I need to explain to him"

"No. You don't. He didn't talk to me and assumed. Like how he assumed how you would be when he saw your cards. How he stopped talking to you after" Mark warned, releasing my hand.

I slumped back onto the sofa with a sigh, tugging on the ends of my hair. Why did he have to come by today?

"I can't" I whispered, clutching my head in my hands.

"Can't? I never hear that from you" Mark replied, sitting up and staring at me in disbelief.

"I can't. I can't forget him, I can't let him go. There's just. Something about him. The way he thinks. The way he talks. The way he smiles. The way he blushes. The way he flicks his fringe. The way he rolls his wrists. The way his eyes tell me everything and read everything. The way he feels in my arms. The way he makes my heart pound whenever he's near. Fuck..." I stood and looked at Mark, his stunned eyes still locked on me.

"I can't lose him" I told Mark, squeezing his shoulder before leaving my apartment to find Jinyoung.

I stood to the side and rang his doorbell, knowing that I was just out of view.

"Who is it?" Jinyoung called out.

I knocked on his door as well, stepping out when Jinyoung opened his door.

"What? Jackson, you don't..." he started, trying to push me out.

I tugged on his wrists and flipped him to face inwards, steering the two of us through his door and into his apartment.

A/N: don't be mad. I'll upload really soon with a erm. Juicy chapter? Haha. Thank you all for your lovely comments and being wonderfully supportive. I LOVE YOU AMAZING PEOPLE.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28K 1.1K 17
Mark is going through a hard breakup with his ex. Jackson. He starts to talk to this guy over the internet and he starts to fall for him. "What's som...
153K 3.1K 52
there's a moon like you โœจ
253K 14.3K 47
" like you said.. none of this was real in the first place. In which two people who are polar opposites are forced into marriage for the sake of thei...
15.5K 981 51
ceo of jyp corps. is quite sly but he didn't knew the wang co.'s ceo, Mr. wang is witty af