π‘πŽπ’πˆπ„π‘ βͺ M. FLINT ❫

By atlantiides

𝐈𝐍 π–π‡πˆπ‚π‡ a girl and a boy are to be arranged for marriage, despite of what they feel. Marcus Flint... More

I
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII

II

11.5K 370 61
By atlantiides

"Rise and shine." Penelope groaned as she sat up. Her dark locks sticking up in awkward angles.

She squinted her eyes and glanced around the room, watching as the h/c girl was already up and tidying her bed. The other girls already had their uniforms on, walking to and from the bathroom with tired looks on their faces.

"What time is it?" Penelope asked as she lazily climbed out of bed. "And why am I the last one to wake up?"

"Well," their roommate began, growing nervous under Penelope's stare. "We tried to wake you up, but you nearly kicked us." She responded as she made her way towards her bed.

"Sounds about right." Penelope muttered as she glared at the other two who seemed to whisper to each other, occasionally glancing at Y/n. "You two better get moving." She snarled at the two, a pleasing look overtaking her features as they did so.

Penelope began to gather her toiletries, making her way towards the bathroom and shutting the door with a slam.

Y/n was adding finishing touches to her hair when she noticed her last roommate staring at her as if she wanted to say something. "What's wrong with you?" She asked jokingly.

The girl let out a small squeal as she was addressed, "Nothing."

Furrowing her brows, Y/n ignored her. "Alright, I'm ready." Penelope announced as she walked out of the bathroom.

"How do you get ready so fast?" Y/n smiled, making their way towards the Great Hall.

"Tsk. That's for me to know and for you to never find out." Penelope teased. They walked into the Great Hall, the smell of bacon and strong coffee hitting their noses.

A small yelp escaped the girls lips as someone bumped into her from behind. She furrowed her brows, turning to see who it was when she suddenly let out a small scoff. "Watch where you're going, Montague."

"Sorry, sorry." The male spoke quickly, taking a hold of both of their arms before dragging them into an empty spot at the Slytherin table. He began to scoop all kinds of food into his plate. "Y/n/n, have you done the reading for potion's?"

"Reading? What reading?" Penelope asked as she nearly spat out pumpkin juice over a first year.

"Yes, but you already knew that." Y/n spoke softly as she played around with her food.

"I did." Monty smiled sheepishly. "Want to summarize it for me?"

The h/c girl rolled her eyes as she gave them the most important facts she remembered reading. Half way through her mini-lecture a slim figure placed themselves besides Monty, reaching over and snatching Penelope's bacon.

"Hey." The girl protested. "Hands off my food." The male chuckled, locking eyes with the h/c girl and sending her a smirk.

"What do you want, Adrian?" Montague asked, shoving the male's hand away from his plate.

"Nothing." He sighed dramatically. The three gave him an annoyed look, silently asking him to say what he had in mind. "Fine, Marcus says he needs to talk to you."

Y/n rolled her eyes, pushing her plate away from her. "Tell him he can tell me himself."

"Yeah." Penelope nodded, swinging her arm around the girl. "He's got a big mouth, tell him to tell her himself." Y/n sent her an unfazed glance, shrugging her arm off.

"Seriously, he won't come." Adrian stated, knowing his friend would rather have her come to him.

Y/n hummed, "then neither will I."

Penelope began to stand up, taking their timetables as she let out a small cheer. "Let's go. We have most of our classes together for the day."

Y/n soon followed her friends, sending Adrian a small smile as she muttered an apology.

. . . ✿ . . .

"There are seats at the front." Penelope suggested as they walked into transfiguration. "Or in the back." She muttered watching as Y/n quickly slid into the furthest seat.

"Transfiguration, as you know, is the most complex and dangerous magic you learn here at Hogwarts." Professor McGonogall stated as she paced the front of the classroom. Her eyes scanned the room, taking in the familiar faces of the students.

"Please open your book to page sixty-three." McGonogall had them take notes on the subject of Vanishment, asking them to prepare a lengthy essay that would be due by the start of next class.

By the time class had ended Penelope was dragged out of class by Y/n and Graham, she was fuming at how much ink she had managed to waste in a single class. "I told my mother to get us the good kind of ink."

"Rosier! Oi, Rosier!" Roger Davies called out as he caught up to the group.

"Davies." Montague spat, standing up taller as a means to intimidate the Ravenclaw.

"Hi." He smiled, choosing to ignore Montague and sending Parkinson a dirty look. "Listen, I was wondering if you could tutor me on transfiguration. A one on one, you know?" Roger smirked.

Y/n's face turned sour, though she managed to cover it with a smile. "I would love to." She stated, watching as he smiled at her. "But I can't."

The h/c girl turned and began to make her way towards her next class. She heard Penelope and Monty laugh from behind her. "Good one. I loved the moment of suspense." Penny complimented her.

"Do you guys want to study tonight?" Y/n asked as she let them catch up to her.

"I can't. I have practice tonight." Montague informed her, sending her a sorry look as she frowned.

"I can't either, I have to tutor. Apparently that's what one does when they take the role of a prefect." Penelope shrugged. "Sorry, Y/n/n."

"It's alright." She said softly, letting out a gasp when Montague shook her shoulders.

"I can study with you before practice." He beamed, watching as she began to smile.

. . . ✿ . . .

"I don't get this." Montague slumped in his seat, passing his potion book towards Y/n who began to skim through the information.

"Penelope would." Y/n muttered. "I'm sorry, I don't either. Potions aren't really my thing."

"Here. We'll just ask her tomorrow." Monty motioned her to hand him the book back. The pair was seated in the common room, taking the opportunity to study there since it was nearly vacant. "What else do we need to do?"

"Umm, just review the essay we wrote." Y/n glanced at him.

The door to the common room swung open, a set of ebony eyes glanced around the room. Finally settling on the h/c girl and the dark haired boy. Mumbling profanities to himself as he made his way towards them.

"Montague, practice started thirty minutes ago." Flint spat.

"Bloody-Baron! I lost track of time." Monty stated as he stood up and began to gather his things. "I'll go get dressed."

Y/n handed him his essay quickly, watching as he nearly tripped over his feet. Her eyes then watched as Marcus stood to her side akwardly. She hummed to herself, turning her full attention back to the work laid out in front of her.

Clearing his throat, Marcus took the seat in front of her. "Can we talk?" His voice demanded as if she didn't have much of a choice but to agree.

"Sure." She said bluntly, her eyes never leaving her work.

"This whole arrangement," He began, watching as she paid more attention to her notes. He suddenly reached over and took her quill out of her hand, a whine of protest leaving her lips. "I don't want this much as you do, but we're going to have to make it work."

She tried to reach her quill, a pout on her lips as he simply moved his arm further away from her. "No, we don't. I don't need you to tell me what to do. So, no, I most definitely do not want this to work nor will I let it work."

A scoff left his lips, "You need me more than I need you, Rosier." He watched as Montague came back from the dormitories, broomstick in his hand. Marcus tossed the girl's quill onto her book, sending her a glare as he walked away with Montague in tow.

"I do not need you." Y/n whispered.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.2K 149 21
My requests are open! I will do anything! This story will contain: Fluff and angst. Please do not hesitate to give me requests! I hope you enjoy!
70 13 10
π–†π–˜π–˜π–šπ–†π–Œπ–Šπ–’π–Šπ–“π–™ : The feeling that comes when something burdensome is removed or reduced. A boy named ater a constellation in the northern sk...
1.2M 37.9K 84
┍━━━━━┑ π„πƒπˆπ“πˆππ† ┕━━━━━┙ β €Ιͺɴ·ᴇᴠ·ΙͺΒ·α΄›α΄€Β·Κ™ΚŸα΄‡ β €/inˈevidΙ™b(Ι™)l/ β € 𝘒π˜₯𝘫𝘦𝘀𝘡π˜ͺ𝘷𝘦 β € : certain to happen; unavoidable. β € 𝘦𝘹. β € 1...
7M 165K 111
UNDER HEAVY EDITING (Edited chapters will have gifs at the beginning of them to signal that they have been edited.) β–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒ ❖❖❖ β–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒ β›π˜ π˜°π˜Ά 𝘬𝘯...