❁ My Love is Dahlia | Kiyoko...

By vengefulghosts

(F/N) is Hinata Shōyō's childhood best friend. Just like her best friend she used to have a big passion for v... More

IMPORTANT (A/N)
(一) Karasuno's Volleyball Club
(二) Beautiful distraction
(四) Uno Reverse Card
(五) Empathizing
(六) Who is she?

(三) Versus the Great King

1.5K 43 44
By vengefulghosts

Karasuno arrives at Aoba Jōhsai and you all get off the bus. Hinata freaks out and has to run to the bathroom, wanting to run after him you stop after unintentionally hearing some guys deride Kageyama's lack of ability to play in a team. You hear them comment on other members of your team and then you suddenly hear them talk about you.

"(L/N) really gave up big opportunities just to end up in that pathetic team, what a waste"

"Don't underestimate my team so much, otherwise i'll skin you alive" you said with an intense glare on your face, scaring the shit out of them. (A/N: You know Mikasa's death stare when she saw Ereh and Historia having a good time? Yeah, imagine that one)

"You shouldn't say things like that, (L/N). Look what you did, you scared these poor elites, now I feel sorry for them" Tsukishima appears right behind you.

Seeing your tall frames and hearing your bold words, the two guys sprinted away. Before you could ask Tsukishima why he joined you, Daichi stops and interrupts you two.

"Could you two not cause any troubles? I didn't expect my first-years to be this proble-"

"They were trash-talking about you and the whole team" you interrupt him.

"In which direction did they run?" Daichi completely changes his mind.

The whole team gathers ,and makes their way to Aoba Jōhsai's volleyball court. You notice that Hinata was feeling really anxious again with his lack of sleep and nerves for the match ahead.

"Shōyō, do you think you'll be alright for the match?"
"I'm fine, don't worry about me"

Later on, some time before the match starts, Hinata's anxiety doesn't change. Before the match even begins, you look to see if Oikawa has arrived yet.

He probably planned to be late, ugh he's so extra.

Hinata's immediately unnerved by his opponents' high skill level and freaks out again. You try to encourage him, but only succeed in doing the opposite. Hinata ends up running to the bathroom again and this time you follow him. As he comes out, he sees Kindaichi and Yahaba.

"Is Kageyama as arrogant and selfish as he was before?

"I thought I told you two something earlier didn't I? идиоты..." you cut Hinata off before he could speak. "Anyway, Shōyō, do you feel any better?"

Back at the gym, Daichi tries to help Hinata and after failing, turns to Kiyoko for help, but she ends up making it worse. The match soon restarts and you decide you're gonna sit on the bench and let Hinata play as a middle blocker.

"Huh? That midget is playing as middle blocker?"

Aoba Johsai's surprised by Hinata's height and Kageyama and your presence on a team like Karasuno. The match starts off badly when Hinata takes Daichi's receive by accident and Aoba Jōhsai scores the first point by blocking Tanaka. For the first part of the match, Hinata continues messing up, angering Kageyama, who yells at him.

And to think I was defending him...

"HEY! I think that's enough, Kageyama" you sticked up for your best friend, from the bench.

Kindaichi and Kunimi watch scornfully and see on how Kageyama hasn't changed at all.

Right when Aoba Johsai is at 24 points, it becomes Hinata's turn to serve. Anxious about the prospect of missing and making things worse for his team, Hinata messes up and spikes the ball into the back of Kageyama's head instead. Intimidated, Hinata starts backing away in anticipation of his punishment. Afterward, Hinata regains his composure and lines up with his team. After they bow, Tanaka approaches the first year.

"STOP MESSING UP AND RELY ON YOUR TEAMMATES MORE"

Motivated, Hinata changes his attitude. The match resumes and Kageyama tries a quick with Hinata right away, but they fail. Kageyama and Hinata try a quick again but succeed this time. The members huddle up for a cheer and Hinata exclaims that he feels like he's on a team as he had never done anything like that before. The next move, Tanaka and Hinata rush forward for a spike, but Kageyama uses Hinata's natural abilities as a decoy instead to let Tanaka get the point.

After a quick break, Kageyama and Tsukishima are placed next to each other, forming a good defense zone despite their poor relationship with each other.

"I wasn't expecting Karauno to be this strong" Coach Irhata remarks.

After winning the first set, the players leave the court for a short break.

"I'm glad there aren't any players like Kageyama and (L/N) on Aoba Jōhsai's team" Daichi expresses his relief.

"Yahoba probably isn't the main setter" the first-year setter reveals, just as he finishes saying that, everyone hears screams suddenly. Kageyama turns around to see someone greet the coach on Aoba Jōhsai's side.

Just as Karasuno takes the second set, Aoba Jōhsai's captain and official setter Tōru Oikawa suddenly arrives. Having just recovered from a knee injury, he is only now able to return to practice. Irihata admonishes Oikawa and warns him to be more careful; especially since Oikawa was the one who requested the practice match against Karasuno.

"What took you so long?"

"Seriously? No "Hi", "I'm glad you're safe"? You're hurting my feelings (F/N)"

"Don't call me by my first name, we aren't friends. It's (L/N) to you"

Oikawa gets interrupted by a couple of fangirls on the balcony that wish him well and he waves at them. Their squealing irritates Tanaka.

"Who is this "nice guy" Kageyama?"

"Oikawa was my upperclassman in middle school and is an extremely strong player with a personality worse than Tsukishima"

"So, in a way he's the "Great King? (F/N) I didn't know you knew him"

"I wish I didn't" you sigh "Shimizu put me in"

"Oh, this beautiful lady is called Shimizu you say? Do you happen to be one of my fangirls?" Oikawa comments.

"She isn't one of your stupid fangirls, don't bother her" you angrily yell at him.

"Why wouldn't I?" he raises an eyebrow.

"Because she belongs to me"

You felt your cheeks flush and were embarrassed at what you said and quickly try to change the subject "Come on I've been sitting in the bench this whole time, show me that you've changed" you managed to turn into your usual ice cold self.

When's Daichi gonna claim me like that? Michimiya thinks to herself.

"(F/N) you are so cute when you're jealous" (A/N: Only if he knew🌈)

You wanted to yell at him, but if that's what he got out of that, you just let it be.

"She sure is protective of her friends" Hinata comments not knowing what's going on.

"Yeah... she is" Tsukishima suspects something.

Coach Irihata orders Oikawa to warm up more than usual and while he's away, Karasuno manages to bring the score to 24-21 in their favor. However, Oikawa soon switches in as a pitch server. To Karasuno's shock, Oikawa has figured out that Hinata and Tsukishima are weak receivers, and perfectly serves the ball at Tsukishima, gaining two points for Aoba Jōhsai. You analyze Oikawa's serve and you realize that just like you he also has great control. With one point left before Aoba Jōhsai catches up, you try to get Oikawa to aim at him. Daichi then decides to change their formation by having you, Tsukishima, Tanaka, and Ennoshita spread out, giving Daichi more area to defend. Unfazed at the captain's attempt to counterattack, Oikawa continues to target Tsukishima. However, his accuracy comes at the cost of power and Tsukishima is finally able to return his serve. The ball becomes a chance ball for Aoba Jōhsai, but when Kindaichi attempts to spike it, he is blocked by you. Hinata using his quick speed, sprints to the other side of the court and Kageyama sets the ball to him. Hinata then spikes it directly past Oikawa, resulting in Karasuno's win. While the rest of Aoba Jōhsai is upset by the loss, Oikawa smiles after getting to see Hinata and Kageyama's freak quick in action.

"Even I could tell something amazing just occurred and how simple encounters can create synergies" Takeda gives Karasuno a small speech because he's stunned over the practice match. He slightly panics when he sees that he confused Kageyama and Hinata, but Daichi assures him that his speech was perfectly fine.

Outside the bathroom, Kageyama approaches Kindaichi.

"Don't. Apologize" Kindaichi says before Kageyama could say anything "Cause I won't apologize either. I still see you as the oppressive King and I will not lose next time"

"Next time Karasuno will win again"

Their conversation is cut short when Hinata accidentally interrupts the two of them. As Kageyama and Hinata leave, Kunimi approaches Kindaichi, who feels defeated after hearing Kageyama finally acknowledge that he's on a team.

"If we were to have an actual match, Karasuno would be lacking without (L/N) and Kageyama." Daichi admits as Karasuno leaves Aoba Jōhsai.

"I agree" Oikawa, who is waiting for them at the front entrance, chimes in. "She indeed has something special. Also don't lose in the Inter-High, I want to beat you, Tobio in an official match, setter-on-setter"

"Don't stress over his provocations. Oikawa is all talk" you reassure Kageyama and the team.

Daichi laughs in response. "I admit that our receives do need improvement, but don't worry the "Guardian Deity of Karasuno" will be coming back soon"

Back at Aoba Johsai's gym, Oikawa and Iwaizumi talk about Kageyama while cleaning up. Both of them agree that he has become more amazing in the time they haven't seen him. Although he and Kageyama are evenly matched players, Oikawa admits that there is probably no one in the prefecture who can match Kageyama's toss. Because of this, he believes Aoba Jōhsai should focus on Karasuno's receivers for there is no reason to worry if the ball never makes it to the setter.

At the gym, Karasuno wraps up a team meeting. As you begin your own cleanups, Daichi and Takeda talk privately on the side. Although they won the practice match, Daichi is aware of his team's weaknesses and is unsure if they can continue on without professional guidance. Having also realized this, Takeda reveals that he is searching for a coach and even has a lead.

"Leave this to me, I promise to definitely deliver results"

Meanwhile, Yamaguchi finds a broken mop in the equipment room. When he asks if it should be thrown out, Sugawara quickly stops him as Daichi watches the exchange from the doorway.

As the team heads home together, you, Hinata, and Kageyama stop at the Sakanoshita Shop to buy meat buns. Unfortunately, they learn that the soccer team already bought all of them. Taking pity on the three, the shopkeeper throws you three Gun Gun Bars.

"GO HOME AND EAT A PROPER MEAL" he shouts.

As you happily leave, the shopkeeper answers a phone call and becomes irritated after recognizing who the caller is.

"So, Kageyama why didn't you go to Shiratorizawa? They have the strongest team in Miyagi"

"I should be asking you that question. I didn't receive a recommendation from them and I didn't pass the school's entrance exam. I came to Karasuno because I heard that Coach Ukai, an outstanding coach who took Karasuno to nationals in the past, was coming out of retirement"

Although Coach Ukai ultimately didn't return, Kageyama decided to stay since he would be going up against other high schoolers no matter where he went. Eventually, the conversation turns to how they barely won against Aoba Jōhsai.

"Karasuno doesn't have a libero or an ace spiker."

"We don't have a coach either. At first I thought either Shimizu or Michimiya were one of the coaches" you add.

"Speaking of Shimizu, why did you get all pro-" you interrupt Hinata by mentioning the return of the "Guardian Deity of Karasuno" and Hinata's mind immediately got fooled. He looks forward to meeting him.

__________________________

идиоты = idiots

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

182K 5.5K 25
Due to a tragic accident in middle school, Hinata Shouyou's vocal cords were destroyed and he lost the majority of his hearing. He can still play vol...
171K 4.4K 49
Hinata Shoyo. A first year in Karasuno High. An athlete, who's passion is in volleyball. Not only is this orange head straight up gorgeous, making ev...
16.4K 628 33
!!half of this is edited, the rest is not.!! Hitoka Yachi recently joined the volleyball team at her school, as a manager, and there she meets Kiyoko...
162K 7.2K 23
~~COMPLETED~~ "I'm sorry... I don't know who you are?" Hinata Shouyo; Once happy, energetic and a brilliant volleyball player, loses his memory in an...