Bleeding Ivory l Robb Stark

By nostalgiclogan

She was taught to play the Game of Thrones. Since birth she'd been groomed to take a seat on the Iron Throne... More

i.
bleeding eardrums
winterfell
dirty blood
lion out of place
Lannister or Starks
valerian scars
lady stark
call the banners
chosen sides
useful Lannister
nothing more, but nothing less
lannister dynasty
arry
the mountain
lannister pride
a man has no name
debt paid
home
I am his
barriers
Catelyn's approval
compromise
Karstarks
loss in power
infinite
Forever
A nameless girl
The Rains of Castamere
void
if only
last of them
onward
the prodigal daughter returns
proven respect
turmoil
mothers child
overprotective father
the wall
healing
heavy hearts
spider amongst roses
a mother knows
the purple wedding
fallen lion
winter spies
faceless
wolves on the wall
watchers on the wall
sweet tears
the red woman
honour

distrust

5.3K 159 5
By nostalgiclogan

Outside of Harrenhall the Starks marched. Joanna held her head high ignoring the scowls shed been receiving. Ever since she married Robb its like the Northerners have turned on her. She never had many allies she could trust to begin with but now it was worse. They refused to take her order and refused to even acknowledge her as a Stark. To them shed always be Lannister scum. Robb lead the way with Roose Bolton close by.

Joanna couldn't put her finger on it but she was cautious of him. His reputation terrified her as child, even the mere thought of his houses sigil was enough to give nightmares. And yet here he was fighting alongside them. The castle looked different to when she was the last time here. It looked different since the last time she and Arya had been here. It seemed deserted. The grey clouds covered the skies and the grass smelt damp. Not a single guard stood at post.

They rode into the castle with just as she expected - no one to be found. Where could they have gone? She thought to herself. She mounted off her horse as she approached her husband. Joannas face grew pale when she saw it.

"Once again Lord Tywin never ceases to outdo himself." She grimaced at the pool of blood she stepped in. Joanna looked to Robb whose face carried nothing but defeat and anger. Northern men lying in the court. Swords, spears and arrows littered through their bodies. Limbs ripped apart. She held her breath as the court stank from the dead bodies with flies swarming over it. She turned her head to see Arya and Catelyns reaction both dumbfounded by the horrid scene.

Arya looked to Joanna with concern - how could it have happened? Seemed only yesterday they were held captives between these walls with guards protecting the Tywin and now - now it was nothing but stones dilapidated. Joanna turned her head to Lord Karstark and Bolton and even the horror on their faces spoke millions of words.

"Two hundred North men slaughtered like sheep." Lord Karstarks said to Roose

"The debt will be repaid my friend. For them and for your sons. "

"Will they? The rot in the ground while their killer runs free."

"The kingslayer won't run free for long. My best hunters are after him." He responded as they overlooked their King.

King in the North felt like an insult to Robb now. He could feel himself losing control over his men and this war. He blamed no one but himself. But he woke up everyday thanking the gods he married the woman he died. Joanna was the only thing keeping him sane during the times of madness. King in the North and yet it felt like this war was killing the North.

"Ser Mallister. He served my father." Catelyn said in a hushed tone. Arya gripped her mothers hand as she looked to her oldest brother. Ever since Jaime had been set free the tension between the two had been unbearable and when Catelyn heard news that the two of them had gotten married -

Find her a chamber that will serve as a cell. Robb ordered his men. Catelyn looked down as she walked off shunned from her own child. Joanna knew better than anyone that no parent was perfect - there had been far too many times where Cersei proved her mistrust but for better or worse it didnt mean she stopped loving her mother.

"Robb, she's your mother." Joanna attempted to persuade him

"She freed Jaime Lannister. The Lannisters robbed them of their sons and she robbed them of their justice." He answered sternly

"When you say Lannister does that include me?" Joanna retorted. He didn't answer - their conversation interrupted by the painful coughs of a man lying underneath the corpes. Joanna rushed to him as she carefully placed the corpses next to him and help him to take a seat on a piece of rubble. Robb followed his wife as he offered the injured man water

"What's your name friend?" He asked

"Qyburn." He painfully answered. Joanna used inspected the bruising his head suffered as nod her head to Isabella for assistance

"You're lucky to be alive." She whispered

Arya swung her Needle in one arm. Her balance improving significantly since she continued her training with Shae. She stayed close to Isabella - it was comforting to be around her. She was the last thing Arya still had of her father and sister since leaving Kings Landing. The nightmares never stopped for but being with friends and her brother helped a little. Shaes sword dropped as Arya had finally bested her. She smirked as she blew her now outgrown hair out of her eye.

"Alright, alright fine but don't tell anyone I lost to a girl." Shae teased breathlessly. Arya helped her up. Isabella stood with a piece of parchment in hand. Even though she was miles away from Kings Landing it seemed like she could still rely on her spies. Her face drew from surprise to resent within two minutes. Arya and Shae noticed when they started to approach her.

"Joffrey is claiming a reward to whoever deliverers Joanna back to Kings Landing. Somehow I have the feeling that he plans to have her head mounted next to -" Isabella blurted before silencing herself when she looked to Arya.

Arya had gone cold - any mention of her father she simply brushed off. The only thing that could console her was her list. The list of people she planned to kill in revenge for what they did to her and her family.

"They move faster than I thought. Id have figured Tywin would have her kidnapped again." Shae bluntly retaliated.

"He wouldn't. My spies informed me that Tywin now serves as hand of the king. He left the same night Arya and Joanna escaped. That's why it was so easy for you two to get away. He'd taken the position after the battle at Blackwater Bay." Bayla informed them. Arya looked to her friend as she curiously wondered

"Well what does this mean for us? If Tywin is on the move doesnt this mean hes losing focus on the war in the North?"

"I don't know. Hes not the man to just give up a fight - not when his families name hangs in the balance."

"That's not the only thing off balance." Shae scoffed. Ever since those two married theres been a shift for us. Every troop we sent out get slaughtered and were dragged from one point to next.

"Don't start -" Arya sighed

"All I am saying is our King is not the same man he once was. I agree that I want them to be happy but it couldnt have come at a wrong time. Were at war and those two are so consumed by the happiness and joy of their love that they've forgotten what we are here for and thats to fight. I warned Joanna continuously that she's be torn between the two families and look what has happened." Shae ranted. They didn't answer her. Shae rolled her eyes before walking away. Bayla looked back to her doubtfully but Arya - she wouldnt say it but part of her wanted to agree.

That night Joanna lied in bed naked as she rested her head on Robbs chest breathless from their actions. Her skin glistening and her heart racing but this was a feeling shed become accustomed to. She breathed in deeply as she matched her breath with his. Robbs fingers drawing patterns on her bare back.

"They don't trust me." She sighed as she raised her head to look into his steel blue eyes. Exhausted but caring Robb wrapped his arms around her bare back as he kissed her forehead.

"Why would you say that love?"

"I see it in the way they look at me. I - I realise that its always been this way but now it feels unbearable. At least at the start of I had their respect. I don't know what to do anymore." Robb hated it when Joanna put herself down. It's like she couldn't see how fierce of a warrior she was. To him she was the strongest and most admirable woman he knew - but how do does he explain it to his wife when shes constantly putting her validation in men whove never cared to know her,

"Listen to me." They sat up as Joanna sat in his lap resting her head on his shoulder in attempt to hide her face. Robb lightly chuckled as took hold of her face bringing their faces to one anothers

"You, my beautiful wife, are the bravest and most resilient woman. I've ever had the pleasure of meeting. Do you know what I say to those soldiers who see you as - "

"A common whore you stole their king?" Joanna deadpanned.

"Yes and no - listen to me love, you are my queen. Fuck anyone who says otherwise. When we win this war well have my sisters and go back North and rule as King and Queen of the North."

"Queen of the North? I rather like how that sounds. Imagine it - Joanna Stark, wife to King Robb and Queen of the North." She teased as she gently bumped her nose against his.

"Oh really?"

"Yes, in fact I think you should be stripped of your title and make me soul ruler for the North. You, my husband, can be my incredibly handsome sidekick." Joanna smirked as her eyes travelled to his neck which were decorated in her bite marks. Her fingers grazing over them as she felt Robb bring their bare chests closer to each others.

"A simple sidekick - Thought my value would at least make me worthy enough to be a lord. "

"No, you're pretty face would draw too much attention from your queen. I'd much rather have as my handsome sidekick. Ready to serve me wherever and whenever I want." Before Joanna could retaliate with another witty remark she felt Robbs hand grab the back of her head pulling her closer as their lips crashed against each others.

Robbs tongue swept against her lower lip which she gladly granted him acess to. His hand travelled from her waist to her flustered cheeks. Slowly backing away from the kiss his forehead rested on hers

"I wish we could live in this moment forever." He muttered with an alluring face

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 44 7
" So you can throw me to the wolves Tomorrow I will come back Leader of the whole pack Beat me black and blue Every wound will shape me Every scar wi...
37.5K 1.6K 30
𝖎𝖓 𝖜𝖍𝖎𝖈𝖍 Lady Elowen of House Stark, first born daughter, second child of Lord Eddard Stark and Lady Catelyn Tully, knew her position and sta...
78K 3.1K 42
She thought she could play the game, but the game played her. • Warning: This is a GoT fan fiction, most certainly not a kid friendly book ?
225K 3.6K 19
- UNDER EDITING - On the day that her father, the Mad King Aerys II, was killed, Princess Visenya Targaryen, the true heir to the Iron Throne, became...