the mountain

"As discussed Ser Gregor will take five hundred of our men and lay siege to the Stark boys army. I have informed. The boy will easily fall for the plan dear brother. He knows that his true weakness would lie with the mountain. If arrogant enough – he'll come spearheaded first to kill him." Kevan Lannister explained to his brother who remained calculated in his seat.

Tywin knew better than to put faith into his brother but now – he seemed truly proud. The plan seemed impossible to fail, but Tywin knew better than to be arrogant. In the last few weeks Robb Stark has constantly proven that he was a force to be reckoned with.

"What about my granddaughter. I assume that she won't be killed in battle." Tywin questioned but given the tone in his voice it sounded more like a demand. Kevan looked hesitant to his brother

"You want her alive? After everything shes done – shes betrayed us!" He argued

"She's a Lannister. She belongs South, besides you and I both know my daughter would never allow us to harm her. I am above killing my kin. See to it that she be returned to us."

Word had travelled that the Lannister men were moving to the Riverrun. This would mean that with movement and being currently outnumbered the Starks would be able to cut Tywins men by half and still lay siege on Harrenhall. Joanna had requested to lead the battalion and many agreed. She had finally gained the trust – despite the select few who spat at her name now that the nature of her birth had been sent across Westeros.

Joannas hand petted a sleeping Greywind head. This was the closest shed come to Robb. The direwolf served as some sort of mediator between them. The tension between them was unbearable and the fact that Catelyn never allowed Robb to be alone made everything much worse.

She'd recited the words over and over in her head. How they needed to be friends and only that but selfishly Joanna didnt want to be his friend. She wanted to be more and hopefully he felt the same. Shed avoid him because she knew, she was not able to lie to him in his face – not without bursting into tears.

That's something Cersei never actually taught her – how to love. Her marriage to Robert had been so desolated and passionless that there was no point of filling Joannas head with princes who would sweep her off her feet. Joanna couldnt bear it.

The longing pain to wake up in Robbs arms and hear his voice next to her ear. Her fingers playing with his the chest of his hair. Joanna missed his smile – the same smirk that would send her heart into distress and leave her cheeks redder than a rose in bloom.

Robb gazed at Joanna as she petted Greywinds head. Even his direwolf had grown close to her. He constantly felt like his head was about to burst open – except when he was with her. Even though they hadnt spoken much for weeks even just the sight of her helped him.

He breathed out as he opened her tent. Joannas startled eyes looked to him as she stood and bowed

"Your grace." She formally greeted him

"Joanna, this is ridiculous. You know you dont have to call me that." He reasoned – the two standing across from each other at a respectable distance.

"Your grace." She emphasised

"I presume you want to discuss my strategy before I go into battle tomorrow. Very noble for you to care so much for a sol-"

"Joanna please stop." He sighed with guilt. Both looked to each other with saddened expression. The bare thought of his name not escaping her perfect lips was able to break his spirit. Joanna nodded her head to Greywind as he left knowing the two would want their privacy.