winter spies

"Isn't she beautiful father?" Ramsey held a grip to a pregnant Shae in the halls of Winterfell.  Shae Lin was now Shae Bolton , the lady of Winterfell. Shortly after the Boltons took the North, the betrothal between the Boltons , Freys and Lins was consummated. Roose taking the hand of a Frey and Shae betrothed to Ramsey.

Though she was Lady of Winterfell,  though her husband made nothing easy. Ramsey, as she soon learned was sadistic. She was blinded to her betrayal over the Starks- had she known that she would be married to a psychopath, she would have never betrayed them.

"Yes, motherhood suits her well." Roose sneered as Shae felt Ramseys grip tighten.

"By the looks of it we expect the child to born within the next moon." Roose commented as Shae protectively guarded her belly

"I suppose this calls for a feast, wouldn't you say dear?"

"Yes, my love." She plastered a false smile on her face as she turned to her husband.

"Do as you please. Have your feasts, so long the two of you can produce heirs for this house."

Before Ramsey could further sneer Shae respectfully nodded her head as she left for her chambers. The halls of Winterfell were dark and grim, hallow. The warmth that the Starks once brought was diminished, any statue of a direwolf- head cut of. The Maesters and handmaidens feared the Boltons with good reason,  the first sign of even the suspected betrayal would lead to a behead- a flaying. Those who were loyal to the Starks were skinned and hung on the castle walls as a sign to all that they now swore fealty to House Bolton.

Shae stood by her window as she watched Ramsey and Myranda, ride out the gates of the castle. Since falling with child- it was abundantly made clear to her that she was only good use for her body. She was no longer Shae, the great Northern rider- now she was the Lady of a Winterfell, who's only use was to spread her legs and give Ramsey an heir.

Shae thought over and over to where Robb and Joanna had lost her faith. She could pin point it to two moments. The night of their marriage. Robb broke his oath to Walder Frey and his daughter by marrying Joanna, a princess who the King Joffrey who demanded his sister be returned. Joanna and Shae quickly became friends because they were such outsiders to war, the only women on Robbs council but she was still a Lannister. Still of Tywins kin.

The North would never bow to her - the threat she brought too great as her brother was the king who called for Ned Starks head.

But it only became worse from then on. Robbs authority was questioned but when Catelyn allowed Jaime Lannister to escape and Lord Karstark called for the head of The Lannisters,  he refused. But that would get them nowhere because the lives of Tywins nephews were killed anyway but what Robb did in retaliation is what cost them the North. He called for Lord Karstarks head, and so the trials of betrayal began.  

The North was going into ruins because they're ignorance. Joanna and Robb was her friend, but as the war progressed their focus shifted. Love would be the death of duty. That was the tale. She didn't betray the out of envy, at the time she thought,  hoped that Tywin would bring sense to Joanna- if Shae had known what the future would hold for them, she would have never betrayed them.

The knock on door interrupted her thoughts as she turned to face a fear stricken Theon. His skin covered in dust and ground with rags hanging over his thin body. His eyes with dark circles as only fear could be seen in them.  "I've brought you your food , my lady." His voice trembled as he set the tray down. His eyes never leaving the ground.

Shae and Theon never were friends. In honesty the two could not stand one another but witnessing what Ramsey had done to Theon, her heart broke in pieces. Just as her , Theon was riddled with guilt and regret to the point where the punishments of the Boltons , felt deserved.