a mother knows

Motherhood, she prayed would suit her. As the days continued on Joanna looked so much more like Cersei when she was with child. She'd look at herself in the mirror some nights and all she could see was her mother.

Joanna didn't know if she had it in her to forgive Cersei and Tywin. During the war of five kings she had always been able to in some form of manner excuse them- being parcial to all sides but not anymore. Orchestrating the red wedding was where she didn't know if she had any empathy and grace left. She finally saw them for what they are. Blood thirsty dictators. Her mother - the woman who brought life to would be the one to break her trust.

Joanna carried so much anger to everyone who betrayed her. But no one - not even Shaes betray- could compare to Cersei's. The woman who Joanna was supposed to be able to confide in, seek comfort in. Cersei loved Joanna so much that she couldn't bare to have her daughter North,  away from her.

Joanna wondered if the love for her child would also drive her to madness. Could she love her child so much that she would commit cold blooded murder as Cersei did for her.

Joanna stood by the balcony of her chambers with her mother next to her. Tywin had yet to summon her after her dispute with Joffrey, but Cersei being the mother she was refused to leave Joanna, despite knowing that Joanna wanted nothing to do with her.

Cersei understood that she could never be Joanna's friend but she swore the day her daughter was born that she would be her protector , whether she liked it or not.

"Do you know the day of Joffreys birth,  you immediately hated him." Cersei spoke as Joanna refused to turn to her. She looked over Kings Landing, the two women so close yet so far apart "It was a grueling labor." Cersie continued "After hours I was convinced that I would lose him. I didn't though." Informed "I remember being so exhausted that I could sleep forever. I held your brother in my arms and he reminded me so much of you. Those sweet and innocent eyes looking to me. Joffrey clung to me more than you, with your birth you cried your lungs out until your father held you."

Joanna turned to Cersei. "My father? I thought Robert was out hunting. "

Cersei chuckled "You and I both know you're smarter than that." Joanna allowed herself to smirk at her mother "When the Septa and maids left Jaime came to see me. You were red from screaming but the second he held you in his arms, you stopped. You looked to us and that angelic face of yours laughed at us. We both swore that day we'd protect you." Cersei explained to her daughter as she slowly reached her hand toward Joannas' "When Joffrey was born something changed within you my sweetling. You looked at him as a babe and never failed to remind me that you wished he was dead."

Joanna knew well enough of what Cersei was speaking of. For as long as she could remember it was impossible for her as well as Joffrey to find equal footing with one another.

"I have tried to keep the peace between you and Joffrey, civil at the very least but I think it's become an impossible task. At some point I've made peace with the fact that my children will kill one another." Cersei confessed as she felt her hand intertwine with Joanna. Her other hand placed a strand of Joannas loose hair behind her ear "Joanna, if you are not careful enough Joffrey will kill you and your babe and where does that leave me?"

Joanna felt a lump in her throat as she face lost colour "I'm not- I-" she stammered at the realization that Cersei knew "How did you know?"

Cersei shook her head as she kissed her daughters forehead as she stepped back looking across the Capitol "I'm your mother." She answered as she turned back to Joanna placing her hand on her belly "You remind me so much of my mother, how she looked, carried herself with so much poise and grace."